Testing 64-bit on the PTS!

JackieKo

On 1/12/2023 at 8:18 PM, DWho said:

Well, went backwards this time with trying the PTS. Now getting an error 961 during the update. Previously the update worked fine but ended with a blank server list.

Still getting the 961 error after the download and install completes. Doesn't even progress to the blank server login screen any more.

Edit: launcher now just hangs on reboot (for PTS, standard server works fine) "Checking for Update". Full error text is Launcher Error: Code 961 - RepositorySync_Error_StallTimeout

System running 64 bit Windows 10 Home. 3.6 GHz, 8 core processor, 16GB RAM installed. The system runs other 64-bit and AWS based software without issue. Disabling the firewall temporarily did not resolve the issue.

Edited by DWho

On 1/20/2023 at 1:21 PM, JackieKo said:

Hey everyone, 

A new iteration of PTS has been deployed. If you experienced a crash prior to this build, we highly encourage you to test out PTS again and report any new findings here. Should your game experience a crash, please follow the support steps listed here. 

As an FYI, it is expected that the download for the launcher will be over 30GB and Steam's will be 8GB.

EDIT: Updated the expectations on downloads. 

Thanks! 

Still getting no server to select 😕

On 1/20/2023 at 9:21 PM, JackieKo said:

Hey everyone, 

A new iteration of PTS has been deployed. If you experienced a crash prior to this build, we highly encourage you to test out PTS again and report any new findings here. Should your game experience a crash, please follow the support steps listed here. 

As an FYI, it is expected that the download for the launcher will be over 30GB and Steam's will be 8GB.

EDIT: Updated the expectations on downloads. 

Thanks! 

Still works just as fine as the first iteration which last tested, so atleast hasn't gone worse for me.

Haven't found anything new to report.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT

Edited by WHstwroATo
Added operating system

ok so my pc info...

Operating System: Windows 11 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: HP
             System Model: HP Desktop M01-F2xxx
                     BIOS: F.12 (type: UEFI)
                Processor: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-12100 (8 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
                   Memory: 8192MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 7878MB RAM
                Page File: 10726MB used, 1656MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\windows
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12

recently bought this pc and downloaded the game..everything worked fine till i got the in-game option of using better graphics .i agreed and noticed the brightness was off alot and tried to improve my game graphic settings..i was immediatly froze up with a black screen..since then it loads the game client to the the loading server part and freezes..installed the game 5x  since with no luck just keeps spinning then crashes..im paying to play and have been unable to for days now

Edited by Trebor-droffig

7 hours ago, Trebor-droffig said:

recently bought this pc and downloaded the game..everything worked fine till i got the in-game option of using better graphics .i agreed and noticed the brightness was off alot and tried to improve my game graphic settings..i was immediatly froze up with a black screen..since then it loads the game client to the the loading server part and freezes..installed the game 5x  since with no luck just keeps spinning then crashes..im paying to play and have been unable to for days now

I'll cite some advice I gave someone else on a related problem:

On 1/8/2023 at 10:24 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

Before doing that, try this instead:

• Open WIndows Explorer.
  • In the field at the top that shows where you are, type %localappdata%\SWTOR\swtor\settings and press Enter
  • Rename client_settings.ini to something else.
  • Launch the game.

i did exactly what you said ..there is no file by that name anywhere on my PC..Doesn't matter i know its not on my end..i reset the damn pc to factory settings and redownloaded for the 7th time..the game still will not load i hope they fix the problem soon or i will be asking for my 6 month sub back i just paid

thought I check with my other comp, I get the server selection with that one, but I forgot to switch to sub account it was on one of the preference account. 2 days up downloading, and that happens 😒

updating now on sub account

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz   2.81 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    21H2
Installed on    ‎20-‎Mar-‎21
OS build    19044.2486
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

10 hours ago, Trebor-droffig said:

my pc shows NO .ini files in BIOware even with hidden files turned on

when you type this in search and enter:
%localappdata%\SWTOR\swtor\settings
It will give you this:

C:\Users\"your username"\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings

when you open C:\Users and open the folder with "your username" open "AppData" then open "local" folder you will open a folder "SWTOR" and then open another second folder "swtor"  and finally open a "settings folder" where you find the file client_settings. rename THAT file to something else.

This is the path (how it looks) on my pc. I hope that clears it up a little more.

Edited by ronin_chi_lao

It will give you this:

2 hours ago, ronin_chi_lao said:

It will give you this:

when you open C:\Users and open the folder with "your username" open "AppData" then open "local" folder you will open a folder "SWTOR" and then open another second folder "swtor"  and finally open a "settings folder" where you find the file client_settings. rename THAT file to something else.

This is the path (how it looks) on my pc. I hope that clears it up a little more.

this is what i get at the same location at c:\users\"my name"\Appdata\local

\Bioware and after that 2 choices installer file (Star Wars - The Old Republic Installer)  and launcher file ("C:\Users\####\AppData\Local\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic Launcher") thats it nothing else even remotely connected to SWTOR hidden or otherwise..like i said i wiped my pc clean deleted everything (passwords,saved files,everything,then had it scrub it clean and still the game won't load

Edited by Trebor-droffig

On 1/21/2023 at 6:41 PM, DWho said:

Still getting the 961 error after the download and install completes. Doesn't even progress to the blank server login screen any more.

Edit: launcher now just hangs on reboot (for PTS, standard server works fine) "Checking for Update". Full error text is Launcher Error: Code 961 - RepositorySync_Error_StallTimeout

System running 64 bit Windows 10 Home. 3.6 GHz, 8 core processor, 16GB RAM installed. The system runs other 64-bit and AWS based software without issue. Disabling the firewall temporarily did not resolve the issue.

Managed to get a successful download today (no Error 961) however, still getting the blank server select screen whether the firewall is on or off. The patch download downloaded 8GB twice (twice in the launcher, the first 8GB takes it to 1/2 complete then the other 8GB took it to complete), followed by another 2 GB download. The first 8GB showed the download rate in the launcher but the second 8 GB did not. The final 2GB also showed the download rate in the launcher.

Note this is the normal SWTOR launcher not the Steam one.

Edited by DWho

Ugh.  Do I have to do this again?

On my machine,

• %localappdata%\SWTOR\swtor\settings

gives

• C:\Users\my-user-id\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings

Look there.  Please.

Im assuming our systems are totally differant as i said..i went there,NOTHING but a launcher and and installer file NO SETTINGS FILE..on my system the only file that even has anything to do with Swotr is the bioware file no sWOTR file at "local"

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Trebor-droffig said:

Im assuming our systems are totally differant as i said..i went there,NOTHING but a launcher and and installer file NO SETTINGS FILE..on my system the only file that even has anything to do with Swotr is the bioware file no sWOTR file at "local"

1. Please use the "Quote" button (the word "Quote" next to the + in a little circle) below the post you're replying to when replying rather than copy/pasting the original text.

2. Yes, our systems are completely different.  Yours is Windows 11 Home, and mine is Windows 11 Professional.  (Er, yes, I'm poking fun here.  There's essentially no difference in the context of playing games between Home and Professional.)

OK, it's remotely possible, but extremely unlikely, that the new launcher, if installed on a machine that's never had the old launcher, will not use the SWTOR\swtor\settings directory, but I find that to be *extremely* unlikely.

well tried deleting the game and starting a new account and redownloading for the 8th time..if its a setting on my machine its hidden very well after 7 deletions and 2 scrubbings of the entire system the game will still not advance beyond the sign in screen even in a brand new account ..im hoping this is a game problem because this is a brand new PC less than a week old and i have no problems with any other sites or games i play

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Trebor-droffig said:

well tried deleting the game and starting a new account and redownloading for the 8th time..if its a setting on my machine its hidden very well after 7 deletions and 2 scrubbings of the entire system the game will still not advance beyond the sign in screen even in a brand new account ..im hoping this is a game problem because this is a brand new PC less than a week old and i have no problems with any other sites or games i play

I'm sure you PC is fine.

I just tried changing compatibility, and still no server

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

why it works on one of my computers (which is not easy for me play on) and not on this one,  I don;t know where to look, besides them having different cpu, and memory I'm at a lost. They're set up pretty much identical

• Like 1

Is anyone else having an issue with the launcher (steam edition) not even opening? 

I've uninstalled and installed it several times. I even tried to create a new user on my PC and install it on their account, figuring something might be off in my AppData folder. But alas, no luck. 

It looks like it is trying to launch, and then immediately acts as if nothing happened and I can click the "Play" button in steam again. Please help!

i was on PTS last night and everything worked great -- no problem at all whatsoever.  i dont know what is wrong with all your (everyone's??) computers?!?!

i will say however that my PTS installation had to be wiped and reinstalled via full download from scratch (i did have update problems before the point where it all worked good.  so i did have to do that).

vor 15 Stunden schrieb lightningseven:

i was on PTS last night and everything worked great -- no problem at all whatsoever.  i dont know what is wrong with all your (everyone's??) computers?!?!

i will say however that my PTS installation had to be wiped and reinstalled via full download from scratch (i did have update problems before the point where it all worked good.  so i did have to do that).

right
other people don't understood let don't helping.

On 1/23/2023 at 11:31 PM, Trebor-droffig said:

i did exactly what you said ..there is no file by that name anywhere on my PC..Doesn't matter i know its not on my end..i reset the damn pc to factory settings and redownloaded for the 7th time..the game still will not load i hope they fix the problem soon or i will be asking for my 6 month sub back i just paid

in meantime try running it on steam if so you can at least play the game while your subbed. 

Alternatively try searching for client_settings.ini it may take a while to search find it but should come up if you search system on file explorer. 

If after going to C drive, User and its not under AppData check for a folder called Local settings , and inside that application data , SWTOR, swtor, settings 

Hope that helps