11 Years With Star Wars: The Old Republic

KeithKanneg

• Dev Post
9 minutes ago, KeithKanneg said:

Good afternoon SWTOR community,

We just published a blog post that I encourage you to read when you have a moment. We are happy to see players enjoying Showdown on Ruhnuk. There is more to come, but for now, from my family to yours, wishing you all good health and much love. Happy holidays, everyone. 

-Keith  

As players are asking for details about sales, the breakdown is below (which can be found in the above linked blog post as well):

• Double XP Event begins today and will run until December 27, 2022
  • 50% off Pets and Companions from now until December 27th, 2022
  • 50% off Toys and Flair in the Cartel Market from December 28th until January, 4 2023
  • 50% off all Collections from now until January 1, 2023

And a reminder for the following:

• Character Transfer Sale is currently active and will run through January 9, 2023
  • Life Day is running until January 10, 2023
  • The Coruscant and Kaas City Strongholds are discounted to 11 credits (down from 5000) until the next game update.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Good to know we are finally moving to 64-bit, that will be a big thing going forward.

Hope we get the next update soon, with more Batm... err I mean Malgus, as Malgus is cool.

Edited by Otowi
Corrected a minor typo.

I second that. I have been planning to buy extra CCs, hoping to spend them on a bunch of tunings that I'm still missing, and some of the more expensive weapons, and then I could immediately turn around and unlock them all in Collections. I'm also in need of more Server Character Slots. So I was really hoping that the 50% off would be for all items in the Cartel Market, not just the select few categories. I'm happy for people who are interested in those categories, but it's a big miss for me.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, and Happy Holidays to the dev team! 7.2 seems quite good, from what little of it I've experienced (so far). I'm looking forward to future updates.

That said, I must admit to being disappointed in the CM sale. I could be wrong, but it looks to me like the least popular categories are the ones that were chosen to be included. 

Though I often spend CC on "utility" stuff (appearance change, rename, etc), I rarely buy cosmetic items like armor as I feel that a lot of them are rather pricey. I bought a ton of stuff during last year's CM sale, but it looks like I'll be saving some money this year as the mounts and armor sets I had my eye on aren't included. And I already unlocked almost everything I wanted to during previous unlock sales, so unless I get some new goodies to unlock, not a lot of spending happening there either.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Otowi said:

Good to know we are finally moving to 64-bit, that will be a big thing going foreward.

Forward, but yes.  When I read through the blog post, I noted that, or rather this whole sentence:

We’ve updated our forums and game launcher with new tech, are in the midst of bringing the game to 64-bit, and have been successful in testing content on servers hosted in the cloud

And my first thought was, "Haleluyah!"  Or more likely, "Haallleee-ee-eeluuyah!", as much for "servers in the cloud" as for "64-bit".  Servers in the cloud is a direct preparatory step to megaservers (GW2 is currently hosted on Amazon servers, and spins them up and down as needed) and all sorts of other goodness.  (Perhaps even GW2-style patch deployment, where the servers never go down either for maintenance or patches, with instances closing and being replaced by the patched version, etc.)

4 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

And my first thought was, "Haleluyah!"  

Does this mean the game could potentially handle many players and abilities going off in the same area better? Well enough for something like the old Ilum PVP zone to work, if it were still in the game today?

I know PVP isn't that popular, but Ilum OWPvP was fun, as I recall... except it didn't work. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, arunav said:

Does this mean the game could potentially handle many players and abilities going off in the same area better? Well enough for something like the old Ilum PVP zone to work, if it were still in the game today?

Not directly, as such, but it could be one step along the way toward that.  No guarantees, naturally.

You were supposed to be the chosen ones! Are we now waiting for the announcement regarding armor, weapons and mounts?? This can't be it.. Cartel Market sales crusades aren't supposed to end this way 😭

I do want to take this moment to wish the Bioware team a happy holidays and to say that I am REALLY looking forward to what Lord Kanneg has presented us with. I certainly hope the envisioned positives pan out like I can imagine, its been a long time coming and it could be a huge moment for SWTOR.

4 hours ago, KeithKanneg said:

Good afternoon SWTOR community,

We just published a blog post that I encourage you to read when you have a moment. We are happy to see players enjoying Showdown on Ruhnuk. There is more to come, but for now, from my family to yours, wishing you all good health and much love. Happy holidays, everyone. 

-Keith  

11 Years ... putting up with old dudes like me!  LOL !!

You deserve a medal !!

And ...  for whatever it's worth... the team did good this time (on 7.2)!  And now the new upgrade....  WOW !  Good stuff!  REALLY GOOD STUFF!!  (Timing couldn't have been better.)

• Like 1

The letter has me cautiously optimistic, but it doesn't erase the fact that LOTS was a very meager expansion content wise, and the 10th Anniversary "Celebration" was massively over sold and never materialized outside of leaving a vendor up all year.

7.2 Had almost as much content aa 7.0, that is just sad and not acceptable, and Nul was bugged. 

I have leveled very few of my characters through LOTS, the story on Manaan isn't compelling, especially on Empire side where it feels very disjointed, and that is made worse in 7.1's story, and feels like a mob grinder with lots of groups of mobs with crazy amounts of health that aren't as much menacing as boring, and 7.2, as nice as Runak and the story is, carried on the boring mob grinder without even the benefit of the Stealth Generator.

I want to see group stories again.  I get that doesn't work for flashpoints, but the best times I have had in SWTOR is playing the original class and planetary stories with friends.  Unlike other group content that might require more focus on mechanics, and forces a captive audience, since stories can be soloed it is optional to group up to enjoy them.  There is a lot of sociability with being able to discuss what just happened, or talk about who won a choice and why.  Unfortunately for years we've been told that our choices matter (they mostly don't) and that has been used as a point to sever us from our friends.  If you want some personal choices, put those in short segments behind solo instances, but give us more group content with choices we roll for.

Gearing also needs to be simplified.  Too many currencies and vendors and drops aren't even consistent from old content to R4.

I hope with more focus on tech improvement one could be to improve and stabilize framerates in game.  I have a beast of a PC but it often fluctuates between 32 and 75 FPS no matter the settings, and at 32 the game feels really choppy and bothers my vision.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Drendal said:

Ashamed of what?

Answer:

3 hours ago, Deaconik said:

Did you miss the 10-year celebration? How about that? :D

1 hour ago, MaximusRex said:

The letter has me cautiously optimistic, but it doesn't erase the fact that LOTS was a very meager expansion content wise, and the 10th Anniversary "Celebration" was massively over sold and never materialized outside of leaving a vendor up all year.

Not to start about gearing, the so called "PvP revamp", the half-assed UI changes which came in 7.0, "streamlining" of abilities to "give us more choice" (hint: stop with the deceiving lying bs because it obviously doesn't) and so on and so forth.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/20/2022 at 4:20 PM, JackieKo said:

As players are asking for details about sales, the breakdown is below (which can be found in the above linked blog post as well):

• Double XP Event begins today and will run until December 27, 2022
  • 50% off Pets and Companions from now until December 27th, 2022
  • 50% off Toys and Flair in the Cartel Market from December 28th until January, 4 2023
  • 50% off all Collections from now until January 1, 2023

And a reminder for the following:

• Character Transfer Sale is currently active and will run through January 9, 2023
  • Life Day is running until January 10, 2023
  • The Coruscant and Kaas City Strongholds are discounted to 11 credits (down from 5000) until the next game update.

These informations should be on the front page of the main website, Swtor launcher AND in-game.

Far too many people don't read patch notes nor the forums and they're missing out on so many things.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Dev Post
2 hours ago, raikme said:

These informations should be on the front page of the main website, Swtor launcher AND in-game.

Far too many people don't read patch notes nor the forums and they're missing out on so many things.

The launcher system alert should be updated with the support line info. Please let me know if it doesn't show up! 

• Thanks 3