Feedback new outfitter ... not good

Alithia

21 minutes ago, Alithia said:

Hi all-

-You have to uncheck [] Show gear as outfit. You will read this question a lot in chat!

5 minutes ago, Alithia said:

Edit:

hey @Alithia , first i wanted to say a quick THANKS for posting that  1st tip , cuz it saves me from having to endure one minute of dreaded Fleet chat! :eek:

Secondly, you know in the new forums you click that  ' ... '  3 dots on upper right corner of your OP to just simply edit  that without having to make another post, right?

Edited by Nee-Elder
  • Like 1

My 2 cents; 

1) Although it caused a very brief moment of confusion, once you name all of your outfits, it's no big deal, and it doesn't come up again if you've done so once.

2) Its alphabetical. What's wrong with that? I'd like to be able to manually order them, honestly, but it's not a big deal either way.

3) This is a real problem. You can't even give them a fraction of the length of name as the cartel market outfits' names.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alithia said:

Hi all,

a few things:

-You have to uncheck [] Show gear as outfit. You will read this question a lot in chat!

I like this option being available, but they probably shouldn't have auto-enabled it. I thought the outfit screen was broken initially.

18 minutes ago, xordevoreaux said:

I haven't had any problems with it so far.

Besides the short nicknames, gear checkbox being auto (would not be expected if this changed itself back on each character upon weekly reset like the Login Rewards menu), the auto-select of outfits still having no option when it was never asked for, the forced alphabetical order and permanent unsheathed position, "no problems" here either. 😒

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, joshuadyal said:

2) Its alphabetical. What's wrong with that? I'd like to be able to manually order them, honestly, but it's not a big deal either way.

3) This is a real problem. You can't even give them a fraction of the length of name as the cartel market outfits' names.

If you click on the 'star' beside the name, the 'starred' ones go to the top (I think - I need more research.)

Since all of my outfits are 'mix & match', I'm not concerned with the CM names of any of the parts.

2 hours ago, JediQuaker said:

If you click on the 'star' beside the name, the 'starred' ones go to the top (I think - I need more research.)

Since all of my outfits are 'mix & match', I'm not concerned with the CM names of any of the parts.

Correct. Star outfits are at the top. Then alphabetical (space in front counts first, BTW, but then you only have 11 characters). OUTFIT NAME sorts alphabetically, as well.

I think Cartel is just used as an example of names that are longer than we are allowed.

I could go either way about the "sheathe/unsheathe" button default preference but completely agree with the "show gear as outfit" being default "On" needs fixing. Who really wants their gear as active default anyway? I also agree with the outfit names needing lengthened. I'd venture to say even twice as long (as long as it fits in the box) would be easy to do and much appreciated. Lastly an "activate" button for the selected outfit much like the loadout screen has should be added as well. All in all a nice QoL update though!

• Dev Post

Hi all, 

The "Show Gear as Outfit" bug is something we're looking into as the current experience is not intended. 

Additionally, we'll be looking into expanding the character limit for naming outfits in a future update. I don't have a timeline for this, but wanted to say that we're aware of the feedback. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9

16 minutes ago, JackieKo said:

Hi all, 

The "Show Gear as Outfit" bug is something we're looking into as the current experience is not intended. 

Additionally, we'll be looking into expanding the character limit for naming outfits in a future update. I don't have a timeline for this, but wanted to say that we're aware of the feedback. 

Nice to know what the next big content update will be all about.