Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Maintenance: October 18, 2022

JackieKo

Huh.. extended with no ETA.. and OF COURSE in European time, as always! Yeah i'm angry, cause i don't understand why maintenance must always be "extended with no ETA" and ONLY in European time .. what's so complicated about starting the Feast of Prosperity event? 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

i think i've run out of my 'click reactions'  today already , but i just wanna say i totally AGREE with you ^ there yep.   And it's the same point i've been trying/annoying  BioWare about since 2011 but they just refuse to listen (to that basic point) .

What makes  fighting mobs  exciting is, imo ,  HOW the mobs fight.  Their special moves , their ai , their animations , etc. etc. etc.

*To BioWare's recent credit, it does seem like  certain boss fights  have become less about  high-health and more about  tactics & teamwork.  (hint:  R-4  Op )

You noticed how on the new Manaan area they have double healer npcs every other mob. It's not about content it's about slowing us down at every point because they cannot make new content being worried about making a new Armor and combat system and so many other items we did not ask for. Just like these new Forums. They suck too.

Things happen when deadlines are involved, and sometimes teams get so involved in what they are doing, that they don't see time slipping away. You'll have a team Lead come in and ask a question, and they'll be the ones to identify the need for a delay.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Saeten said:

Just curious. Why would you post an extension One Hour before you prior estimated conclusion time? This was posted at 4 hours after your start and your estimated update downtime was 5 hours? I can imagine the horrors you are involved with if you are noticing that you have to extend it an hour before it's supposed to finish anyways.

They discovered problems while implementing the update? It's likely the issue was discovered a bit earlier and worked it's way up and down the chain of command in order to determine how much longer it will take and how certain the guys are in fixing that problem.

And, as usual in the field of game development and coding in general, if there is a problem that can, if all things work out, be fixed within 1 hour, they guys actually fixing the problem usually give an inflated estimate of 5 hours to their boss in order to cover their bases in case anything goes wrong.

• Like 1

Yeah, this was not unexpected really, but better they fix whatever problem that reared it's ugly head than going live with a massive bug.

And yes, it does suck that it happens during EU prime time, but it's not much we can do about it.

The only thing I wish is that they would come out and state what the problem was that required the extra down time. Transparency and all that...

Edited by Otowi
Corrected a minor typo.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bluehufsa said:

@JakRoanin, I'm not yelling at anyone, just stating my disappointment. Since 2015, each and every update was extended with no ETA. I'm aware of the fact that @JackieKois just the community manager and is not their fault in any way. 

But to be honest, it is frustrating, I want to play and cannot, come on.. 

Oh, I wasn't calling attention to you specifically. It is frustrating.

1 minute ago, bluehufsa said:

@JakRoanin, I'm not yelling at anyone, just stating my disappointment. Since 2015, each and every update was extended with no ETA. I'm aware of the fact that @JackieKois just the community manager and is not their fault in any way. 

But to be honest, it is frustrating, I want to play and cannot, come on.. 

As a thinking person, it seemed obvious to me that you were only responding to the situation and not yelling at Jackie. 

What you say is true, and unfortunately patch day delays beyond the initial estimate are more the rule than the exception, and yes, even though I always expect delays, I am still not happy when they happen.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FiNisheeeR said:

R u gonna take a day from my Sub for today?...I m just wondering, cause in my mind you all wearing stripy jersey, and carrying  cartoon money bags goin "hihihi".

It's not their fault European users cannot play the game they pay for in their prime time, duh.

23 minutes ago, Exocor said:

Don't wanna go to much off topic here,

Nothin' wrong with a little  patch-day-deviation  ...  However,  i think peeps might be more interested in THIS *breaking news* : https://forums.swtor.com/topic/925409-update-on-galactic-seasons-3/

p.s. This ^ is what i get for talking trash to @Ambrodel on page 2 yesterday  :ph_lol:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: jinx post JackieKo i owe you a BLUE-MILK!!

1 hour ago, Saeten said:

Just curious. Why would you post an extension One Hour before you prior estimated conclusion time? This was posted at 4 hours after your start and your estimated update downtime was 5 hours? I can imagine the horrors you are involved with if you are noticing that you have to extend it an hour before it's supposed to finish anyways.

1 hour ago, WHTJunior said:

Things happen when deadlines are involved, and sometimes teams get so involved in what they are doing, that they don't see time slipping away. You'll have a team Lead come in and ask a question, and they'll be the ones to identify the need for a delay.

1 hour ago, Meshla_Naast said:

Thanks! I hope they can find and fix whatever the issues are.

52 minutes ago, merovejec said:

Now thats a first :D

because Level sync. 😝

see , it does take longer 😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Exly said:

Posts like this only feed their dark side. 

Now I have a picture in my mind of someone at the studio yelling "quick, get the popcorn" as they anticipate people's response to your post.

Oh im sure the hate will flow, but that doesnt change the reality of it all.  People hate Mercs as were hard to kill in PvP, but they certainly dont fear us at the same time so... meh. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.