R4 Anomaly Needs a Nerf

Thing is, back on PTS people were using 340 gear, so in the final tuning of the encounter, they actually tuned it up for 340 gear, that is why it requires 5-6 dps to actually kill the boss. I think biggest problem of this encounter is that Tanks are pretty much useless and I dont think it should be this way. Also the GCD on console is a bad decision , in that case they should have increased bomb cast to 35 seconds, even thou its still doable if you are super fast, but sometimes people can't reach the console in time and it delays the clicking. Also 5 seconds is enough to kill the bomb, but if you de-shield all bombs, its always very close to explosion. I dont think boss HP should be nerfed at all, its fine the way it is, but they could decrease the dps check on last phase by adding atleast 5 seconds for timer.

I remember in PTS Phase one it was 60 seconds, and even with 5 dps it took ~50 seconds to kill the boss. Hard mode is supposted to be hard, but not overtuned, I manage to kill the boss already, but i can say for sure the fight is unbalanced. But they shouldnt nerf it to the ground, they should make some tunings according to the data and feedback they receive from players.

Every bomb spawn has a color picked from one of the clean consoles at the last hazardous pattern. E.g. the first bomb and blue console. So just go there, stand there, wait for the console to spawn and click. You lose literally 0 seconds.

okay so you can clear any content in the game good for you but did you try R-4 anomaly on SM with a pug group ?

it's almost impossible to complete Lady Dominique is Hard and it doesn't suppose to be hard on story mode not everyone can do 20K + dps against her or heal against the swarm of adds she spawns which requires VM level of healing, now let's get back to the first boss : the aoe it's too much there is aoe everywhere and the dps check is also kind of high. so..... we need a nerf.

Top current DPS is above 30k without 340 gear. So asking 20k for the top PvE content is TOO MUCH? It's almost half of the top parses :eek: Also with some proper AoE classes you can do less, we killed Lady D with 30k Jugg, 29k Assassin and 17, 18 and 19k DPS =)

Edited by Deaconik

okay so you can clear any content in the game good for you but did you try R-4 anomaly on SM with a pug group ?

it's almost impossible to complete Lady Dominique is Hard and it doesn't suppose to be hard on story mode not everyone can do 20K + dps against her or heal against the swarm of adds she spawns which requires VM level of healing, now let's get back to the first boss : the aoe it's too much there is aoe everywhere and the dps check is also kind of high. so..... we need a nerf.

Why would I inflict to myself going in random group when the game gives me all the tools I need to build a decent team easily (again, MMORPG def) ?

Really you should use energy thinking about what you can upgrade before requiring the game lower down to your expectations

=)

Top current DPS is above 30k without 340 gear. So asking 20k for the top PvE content is TOO MUCH? It's almost half of the top parses :eek: Also with some proper AoE classes you can do less, we killed Lady D with 30k Jugg, 29k Assassin and 17, 18 and 19k DPS =)

and yet most players I meet do less than 20K DPS in like every fight, so those players that do more than 30K DPS are the top DPS players in the game, now I don't know how to do so much DPS all the time and I'm sure most players don't know either so what you are saying is false and we need a nerf against Dominique .

Edited by CaptainZiv

Don't bring tanks to the first boss. They're useless.

But this is a problem, especially with it being in GF as GF requires two tanks. If you're truly pugging it via GF, you're going to get two tanks. You're then going to try to tell those tanks to respec to DPS for the first fight? You'll just get "but I queued as a tank" or "I don't have DPS gear" and they'll drop. Any SM boss fight that cannot be beat with 2 tanks, 4 DPS, and 2 healers (that GF requires) is overtuned.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

But this is a problem, especially with it being in GF as GF requires two tanks. If you're truly pugging it via GF, you're going to get two tanks. You're then going to try to tell those tanks to respec to DPS for the first fight? You'll just get "but I queued as a tank" or "I don't have DPS gear" and they'll drop. Any SM boss fight that cannot be beat with 2 tanks, 4 DPS, and 2 healers (that GF requires) is overtuned.

Your forgetting that if you use GF you can respec. You would need to enter without GF.

=)

and yet most players I meet do less than 20K DPS in like every fight, so those players that do more than 30K DPS are the top DPS players in the game, now I don't know how to do so much DPS all the time and I'm sure most players don't know either so what you are saying is false and we need a nerf against Dominique .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ones pulling the best numbers are playing strong AoE specs. Their numbers might look high, but the damage on boss is a lot less. However, you kinda need those specs to handle adds quickly. As someone who has cleared this and watched other groups pulling it, every single one of them has had 2 or 3 strong AoE specs, so the numbers are deceptive.

While yes you do need "decent" numbers, the mechanics involved are not SM mechanics. It is a lie to call it such. Even Izax wasn't this bad at launch. Now all you need to do to win is be able to drop shields, interrupt, and then survive missiles. Note that there was only 1 mechanic per phase to overcome. With Lady D, the situation is you have knockbacks, stuns, and adds that will eat people alive all in burn. You can't seriously be able to expect SM players to be able to handle all of that at once. And to repeat, the only people that have cleared this encounter have been dedicated raiders.

It is a disservice to every non-prog raider (the vast majority of players) to call this a SM. Those of you with timers, have recleared everything in 7.0 already, we get it, you're good. Everyone else isn't that good. You have HM to bang on, or farm if you've already cleared it. The rest of us can't do that. We know. We just want a SM that is actually SM and let people do their story.

Edited by Chryptyk

=)

Read guides? Watch videos? Most rotations can be fit in one bar!!! . Instead of crying for nerfs do some work. Nobody says you should do 30k yourself, but at least try to get better :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ones pulling the best numbers are playing strong AoE specs. Their numbers might look high, but the damage on boss is a lot less. However, you kinda need those specs to handle adds quickly. As someone who has cleared this and watched other groups pulling it, every single one of them has had 2 or 3 strong AoE specs, so the numbers are deceptive.

While yes you do need "decent" numbers, the mechanics involved are not SM mechanics. It is a lie to call it such. Even Izax wasn't this bad at launch. Now all you need to do to win is be able to drop shields, interrupt, and then survive missiles. Note that there was only 1 mechanic per phase to overcome. With Lady D, the situation is you have knockbacks, stuns, and adds that will eat people alive all in burn. You can't seriously be able to expect SM players to be able to handle all of that at once. And to repeat, the only people that have cleared this encounter have been dedicated raiders.

It is a disservice to every non-prog raider (the vast majority of players) to call this a SM. Those of you with timers, have recleared everything in 7.0 already, we get it, you're good. Everyone else isn't that good. You have HM to bang on, or farm if you've already cleared it. The rest of us can't do that. We know. We just want a SM that is actually SM and let people do their story.

I will give you much better reason to do no nerfs now. This game has so many bugs currently, it would be wise to focus on fixing zombies in operations, players surviving mechanics which should kill them (e.g. falling on the floor at Lady D) or the infinite loading screen bug. So MAYBE, just MAYBE, Bioware should finally fixed at least SOME of the bugs they delivered :)

Edit> if you gonna break the formatting of quotes, i am not gonna fix them :D Just sayin.

Edited by Deaconik

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

100 % AGREED. WELL PUT.

Edited by Battouuusi

I think SM is fine, but HM literally boxing out an entire role is absolutely unacceptable. I am a tank main, I enjoy TANKING and that's what I want to do. Being told by my team I am useless as tank and needed to DPS or heal is completely insane! Lower the damage or heal check or change something to require a tank. I want to tank I don't want to have to run 6 DPS to meet a check.

Lower the damage or heal check or change something to require a tank. I want to tank I don't want to have to run 6 DPS to meet a check.

That is also a good point to the discussion!

That a SM is not puggable is the problem. It should be.

Ok, I admit, last night i was pugging SM ops like DF and DP for fragments and it indeed took couple of minutes to run through the ops..... so yeah, you feel the difference.

I think SM is fine, but HM literally boxing out an entire role is absolutely unacceptable. I am a tank main, I enjoy TANKING and that's what I want to do. Being told by my team I am useless as tank and needed to DPS or heal is completely insane! Lower the damage or heal check or change something to require a tank. I want to tank I don't want to have to run 6 DPS to meet a check.

5 DPS is enough too, it's just that when the only thing you can tank does internal/elemental damage that happens to be AOE, DPS is actually better at tanking than tanks.

Edited by ZUHFB

There's literally 0 things to tank on the 1st boss. Boss was designed that tank is useless. Turrets don't do any damage and their tanking is useless. Bombs cannot be tanked. Droids can, but their most damage comes from internal/elemental attacks, mostly from the AoE. Which tanks are bad at, because some classes have up to 60 % damage reduction now on AoEs while tanks have 0 and I/E is the way to kill tanks.

The boss is designed in a way tank is useless, because there's nothing for the tank to do better than a DWT to be a valuable asset.

Every bomb spawn has a color picked from one of the clean consoles at the last hazardous pattern. E.g. the first bomb and blue console. So just go there, stand there, wait for the console to spawn and click. You lose literally 0 seconds.

I am aware when they spawn and which colours are always first on each bomb, but my point is even if u do it super fast you have like 4-5 seconds to kill the bomb, yes thats enough and we do it in time, but we would have more time on it if there wasnt stupid gcd on the console, especially when you do next bomb there is double gcd so thats few seconds loss right there and doesnt matter how fast you are. Instead what they should have done, so f.e you start with bomb with blue colour first, and then lets say next colour is green, and you clicked red instead that would make bomb reset the shield and you would need to click it all over again, I think that way it would feel more punishable, but if u do it correctly then you would save couple of seconds of time.

Edited by SpikeSaber

well said, I managed to do 27K DPS, 28K DPS and 36K DPS with my Vengeance juggernaut on fights with adds but most of the casual community just can't do that so asking everyone to do more than 20K DPS when they are doing 15K 13K 11K and even 9K DPS without rotation is just bad even Against the last boss of R-4 anomaly and by the way Izax SM was far easier than Lady Dominique SM.

Edited by CaptainZiv

well said, I managed to do 27K DPS, 28K DPS and 36K DPS with my Vengeance juggernaut on fights with adds but most of the casual community just can't do that so asking everyone to do more than 20K DPS when they are doing 15K 13K 11K and even 9K DPS without rotation is just bad even Against the last boss of R-4 anomaly and by the way Izax SM was far easier than Lady Dominique SM.

I ask people who want to play the end game PvE content - which are raids, to learn basics of their class. Toxic elitism in its best, I know.

^T H I S

I tried pugging R-4 last night. We wiped on the first boss 4 times because people kept neglecting the bomb droids. These mechanics have to be yeeted out of SM.

Edited by Enskojare

Can we have an indicator of some sort on the map to show us where to go?

I joined a pug group yesterday as a heal and the biggest issue I had is how lost I was whenever we wiped and needed to go back to where I was supposed to go. The whole map is too confusing and gave me motion sickness after a few lost turns.

As for the actual fight. I guess I was lucky to join a good team blind.

Half of the group members, including the tank, knows the fight. Even though at least 2 of us (me as one of the heal and another dps) had zero knowledge of this operation, we only wiped once or twice each at the first two bosses and cleared the third boss in one try.

We didn't clear the final boss, but we actually hit the burn phase at 1st try because everyone followed mechs, even though the burn phase caught everyone off guard and wiped us. After that, we tried a couple times but we never managed to get the rhyme and decided to call it a day.

For SM, I would prefer the damage of the first two bosses when making mistakes (move when you have the wrong color circle etc.) could be lowered a bit because it's not very healer friendly (especially operative) when the room is big and I bet for most SM pug groups, people WILL spread and running everywhere. And for the burn phase of Lady Dom shorter, deals less damage, so the DPS/Heal check is not that unforgiving. Demanding everyone to do >20K DPS for SM pug groups is simply unrealistic. 15-18K DPS and 20-25K Heal check is more reasonable for SM pug groups.

But for me, I'll probably try and finish it once (rip for not able to play at US peak time so the only option for me to finish any operation in SF is to pug) and not touching again not because how difficult it is but because the map direction is just disgusting.

The rest of us can't do that. We know. We just want a SM that is actually SM and let people do their story.

Well, can't say I care much of what you, or the likes, want or not to be perfectly honest with you. Most of the game is already designed for story players, while raiding "community" gets a new ops every blue moon and yet you still manage to complain.

Either you care enough of the game and its endgame part and, like for any other game, you make some effort to be decent enough to clear what you want to clear, or, and I can totally understand it, you don't want to put in the little effort required to be somewhat good and you stop complaining about **** all the *********** time and keep to the remaining 98%

of the game that specifically cater to you.

Edited by Tuturro

Well, can't say I care much of what you, or the likes, want or not to be perfectly honest with you. Most of the game is already designed for story players, while raiding "community" gets a new ops every blue moon and yet you still manage to complain.

Either you care enough of the game and its endgame part and, like for any other game, you make some effort to be decent enough to clear what you want to clear, or, and I can totally understand it, you don't want to put in the little effort required to be somewhat good and you stop complaining about **** all the *********** time and keep to the remaining 98%

of the game that specifically cater to you.

I have cleared this. I do HM and NiM. I'm trying to look out for people who can't because i'm not an elitist. This so called SM is not a real SM when compared to the others. I want SM players to have a fair shot at completing it. It's not just a little effort, but A LOT of effort when it takes a Hardmare or NiM team to clear something called SM.

If you "git gooders" can clear it in SM, great, then you can move on to HM. Furthermore, when you deign to even do any other SMs, it's for tech frags. You don't really wanna be there. You consider it beneath you. Just stick to your HMs and NiMs and be happy. No one's got a problem with you doing that. You should get used to the complaining, bucky. It ain't gonna stop until they make this a real SM.

If you "git gooders" can clear it in SM, great, then you can move on to HM. Furthermore, when you deign to even do any other SMs, it's for tech frags. You don't really wanna be there. You consider it beneath you. Just stick to your HMs and NiMs and be happy. No one's got a problem with you doing that. You should get used to the complaining, bucky. It ain't gonna stop until they make this a real SM.

Just like the person you responded to, I have done R-4 HM and cleared it multiple times. Unlike the person you responded to I agree with you that this SM is waaaay too hard, especially compared to other SMs. However I dislike that the expectation is that you can go into SM and oneshot your way with 7 DPS 1 Healer, and honestly you probably could in R-4 too. Progressing through new bosses is part of the experience of a new raid. If you don't want to wipe, wait for guides to be there, read them, explain it to your group and then clear it. You also have the responsibility to potentially kick people out of the pug because they are... not pulling their own weight. Those people need to make sure they do not drag the team down as much as they do, yes even in storymode.

Just like the person you responded to, I have done R-4 HM and cleared it multiple times. Unlike the person you responded to I agree with you that this SM is waaaay too hard, especially compared to other SMs. However I dislike that the expectation is that you can go into SM and oneshot your way with 7 DPS 1 Healer, and honestly you probably could in R-4 too. Progressing through new bosses is part of the experience of a new raid. If you don't want to wipe, wait for guides to be there, read them, explain it to your group and then clear it. You also have the responsibility to potentially kick people out of the pug because they are... not pulling their own weight. Those people need to make sure they do not drag the team down as much as they do, yes even in storymode.

That's what getting me off the most. No guides, the ops is out for 9 days and they already cry for a nerf. For days...

I don't expect that even with a nerf that the average group could do a 7D/1H clear of R4 SM. A good one maybe, but not an average one. Gods is kinda like that. While yeah, some groups can do without a tank, most cannot. We're not looking for a complete nerf, just enough pressure taken off that you don't have to be a prog raider to clear it. A decent shot is what SM players are looking for. They're not looking for a free ride, just a reasonable shot at clearing it.

You guys have got to realize that the common folks can't do what you do. They have no desire to. You can still sell HM R4, well some of it anyways. They just don't want story gate kept behind a SM op that's really at least a HM op, in its current form.

I don't expect that even with a nerf that the average group could do a 7D/1H clear of R4 SM. A good one maybe, but not an average one. Gods is kinda like that. While yeah, some groups can do without a tank, most cannot.

Yeah, and I think it's cuz they lack experience. Look, think about how long DF has been out. More players know what to do, what is coming and how to beat it. I think even for SM the expectation should be dropped that you can 3man those OPs. I also think that people should well... do more than 9k DPS. If you really expected to clear the operation but all you do is, pretty much nothing with 20 APM, I don't know what to say. Maybe lower your expectations, it's like saying "well I don't know how to mercenary but I saw other people get to 1500, I also pay sub so I should be able to do the same".

Never the less the operation should be nerfed in SM, in HM it is easy enough. Maybe nerf IP-CPT, it's not that hard but it's too hard for a first boss, but that's just my opinion.