7.1 Game Update Livestream Follow Up

JackieKo

Thanks for the livestream, it's nice to know what will come.

It's sad, that you couldn't interact with chat as I also had some questions. Like what about Rakata gear, as it was not mentioned in the stream. Looking forward to 7.1 and the new operation.

Have a good day and weekend

I thought it was okay. The Charles Leaving part I think was deserved and you can tell Charles had / has a vested interest in the game. So I liked that part of it.

What I wish they would do in the future though for live streams:

• More Frequent livestreams. Like once a month.
  • The Livestreams do not need to be interactive. Really could care less on that.
  • I would like to hear / see what is coming up. Build some excitement - show us what we can look forward too.
  • Be like some other games and simply preference it with "planned" or "under development". Most people with half a brain understand things happen to delay or kill a project.
  • It's great you have "40 pages of changes". How about in the future 1 page of changes 40 times over the same period.
  • Introverts unite! Had to say it in support of some of the dev team that are obviously introverts.
  • Please address some of the concerns like the snail pace of content drops. Even if it is back end work - SAY IT. I suspect you would have a lot more support if you are simply open.
  • Jackie - I love you, but seriously please stop worrying about optics. You are a community manager and hence a target. Expect people to target you.
  • Have fun people - seriously! You are all together again and would have loved to see the vibes and energy like Eric & Charles had, but understand that it was the first Livestream in several years.
  • Future suggestion is maybe do a Livestream that covers topics in a cadence like Story, PvP, Operations, Flashpoints, Crafting, Cartel Market, & Version stepping (i.e. 7.0->7.1 for instance). If done weekly that would be a 7 week cycling and add a week or 2 for skipping is a 2 month cycle of Livestreams to address particular items.

My rating is about 8.2/10 but think next time it will be 9.0/10 or higher.

Again - my biggest issue wasn't whether or not it was taped or in front of a live studio audience. I simply just don't care. Rather I cared more about what is coming out and would liked to have heard why the snails pace of content. I could care less even about an apology. It just feels "slow" and would love to see something on how more content is coming.

Blak

Great comments!!! I too don't give a flip about an apology or a live audience...just be honest. This stuff takes time to develop, we get it...just communicate better.

We're all here because we love this game and we all want it to be better than it is.

There are more points about future expectations that we could list... BUT that wasn't the focus of what I was driving at.

Yes, the focus was to lambast players for having the gall to demand answers from the people who make this game instead of just settling for the bare minimum and hoping they do the right thing eventually, despite years of evidence to the contrary. If you are as concerned as you claim to be about the future of this game, then don't shame other players for speaking out about their frustrations.

Edited by Ardrossan

Just watched the livestream and it was as expected however I did say:

I'm begging all you: please do not say "we're excited to bring you...". I can't take the false hope any more :(

I heard:

"really excited"

"super excited"

"excited"

"very, very excited"

"excited to see"

Please, stop the over-use of "excited" in future livestreams unless you have something absolutely outstanding coming (at the moment, only a pink Vulptilla mount, medium-sized Dantooine stronghold and new Quinn content would meet this criteria for me).

I do like the visual accessibility functions that are coming though - kudos to the dev team for adding those :)

I'm in the middle between Ol' Buzzie and Androssan, both of whom I respect. Since I'm in the middle of the road, I will probably tick both of you off and get run over! :rak_03:

To me there is a categorical and definitional distinction between "being honest about the future" and "retribution." Several posters here (and on other social media sites such as Twitter) have called for Bioware to issue a "formal apology" for 7.0. Frankly, I personally neither need nor desire an apology or a post mortem on what went wrong with 7.0. We all know what happened and I thought it would have been a waste of time for Jackie, Eric, et al, to drone on about the delays and bugs. There was no way they could do so without throwing certain individuals under the bus, which would have been unprofessional. They delivered exactly what Jackie said they would do: an update about 7.1 with a very small hint of what is coming in the future via Charles at the end.

Androssan, per other posts, I take note that you are correct that the same individuals remain, just they have been moved to new, presumably more powerful, positions. To me that matters. Personnel is policy. There's a big difference between being in the #2 or #3 slot versus being in charge. But I take your point. Time will tell.

But I also agree with Ol Buzzie about -- let's see what happens. For $15 U.S. a month, it's not an expensive hobby, though I was a student once so I recognize it's easier for me to say now. But I also voted with my wallet and have only subscribed six out of the last 19 months. I just don't see what purpose it serves to engage in a virtual whip-lashing about the past. I care about the future.

Bottom line, I think the three of us are basically on the same page. We want honesty about the future, but I just don't see the need for them to apologize for the performance of those previously in charge. We've seen how a few individuals can chart a new trajectory for the game as evidenced by the huge differences between 6.0 and 7.0. Here's hoping the newly elevated team can do that.

Respect for you both,

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

You talk about 'real people'. They aren't real. They're corporate mouthpieces...

OUCH! Sorry, I don't like a lot of what they did in 7.0 but they are human beings who deserve basic courtesy and dignity. This is a luxury product, a toy. Not a necessity for life. Too much passion is a bad thing.

Now did they fix Malgus or not?

Now did they fix Malgus or not?

I have run Ruins of Nul about 10 times in the last 6 weeks. I did not encounter the bug once. I can't say that it guarantees you won't encounter it in the same vein that I can't say an invisible Leprechaun isn't sitting on your shoulder, but I have had no issues with it recently. :D

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

I have run Ruins of Nul about 10 times in the last 6 weeks. I did not encounter the bug once. I can't say that it guarantees you won't encounter it in the same vein that I can't say an invisible Leprechaun isn't sitting on your shoulder, but I have had no issues with it recently. :D

Dasty

TY Dasty I'll try it out now. I am so sick of impossible SM FP's.:rolleyes:

I just want to say:

Communication has not been good since 7.0’s release.

But this being said, it does feel that you and the team are striving to keep in touch with us now. The stream was a good start, and I hope we keep hearing more from the team over the next few months. A roadmap would be desirable, namely.

I'm in the middle between Ol' Buzzie and Androssan, both of whom I respect. Since I'm in the middle of the road, I will probably tick both of you off and get run over! :rak_03:

To me there is a categorical and definitional distinction between "being honest about the future" and "retribution." Several posters here (and on other social media sites such as Twitter) have called for Bioware to issue a "formal apology" for 7.0. Frankly, I personally neither need nor desire an apology or a post mortem on what went wrong with 7.0. We all know what happened and I thought it would have been a waste of time for Jackie, Eric, et al, to drone on about the delays and bugs. There was no way they could do so without throwing certain individuals under the bus, which would have been unprofessional. They delivered exactly what Jackie said they would do: an update about 7.1 with a very small hint of what is coming in the future via Charles at the end.

Androssan, per other posts, I take note that you are correct that the same individuals remain, just they have been moved to new, presumably more powerful, positions. To me that matters. Personnel is policy. There's a big difference between being in the #2 or #3 slot versus being in charge. But I take your point. Time will tell.

But I also agree with Ol Buzzie about -- let's see what happens. For $15 U.S. a month, it's not an expensive hobby, though I was a student once so I recognize it's easier for me to say now. But I also voted with my wallet and have only subscribed six out of the last 19 months. I just don't see what purpose it serves to engage in a virtual whip-lashing about the past. I care about the future.

Bottom line, I think the three of us are basically on the same page. We want honesty about the future, but I just don't see the need for them to apologize for the performance of those previously in charge. We've seen how a few individuals can chart a new trajectory for the game as evidenced by the huge differences between 6.0 and 7.0. Here's hoping the newly elevated team can do that.

Respect for you both,

Dasty

Agreed... RIGHT ON !!!!

IMO most of us are passionately wanting this game to move forward in the most positive manner possible.

I'm not quite certain what some folks were expecting.

** More doom and gloom ... Sad faces .. weeping .. wailing and gashing of teeth?? : I suppose .. [/shrugs]

I was expecting what I got, and that's the problem.

Dasty

??? Really??

I ran it a few weeks back .. BUT I know you pretty well stick to the facts! I'll give it another shot with another ALT.

TYVM for post!

Comerad, you said "they're not real people, they're corporate mouthpieces" your words, if that is criticism its awfully personal.

I do think they screwed up, with a lot of 7.0, but they did do some good things too. The planet designs were great, I personally loved Colonel Gallo, and I can give credit for that. The gearing (so far) stinks. Not enough story is a HUGE issue for me, and the Bad guys were awful boring and generic Goa'uld (and not the fun kind). Hopefully 7.1 will do a bit better.

Watching now and Ms. Ko the part where the story for the Daily Area seems to forget that some of us betrayed our Faction! It's so irritating to not be able to continue our Saboteur roles, in dailies! Why is this choice ignored?

Hi all,

The

is now available on YouTube, and the recap article has been posted. I've updated the OP so it includes the link to the recap article.

Thank you.

Note that the article mentions that you can redeem the decoration code "on this page", but does not actually link to the relevant page. Would be nice if this could be corrected as well. ;)

Let's talk about why implants go to 334 and not 340?

Say you get all 340 gear your gonna be stuck at item rating 339 because of your 2 implants lol.

I dont see how this makes sense to the devs like this is a good idea.

Agreed... RIGHT ON !!!!

IMO most of us are passionately wanting this game to move forward in the most positive manner possible.

Same, 7.0's start wasn't the best and I know there have been struggles, but Let's get this game back to what made it epic in the first place and expansive galaxy filled with lore and surprises. Characters and companions that make the journey interesting and choices with different out comes. Character is forged during struggle. Let's see what you got! Good luck team, can't wait to see what you have coming down the road.