something to spend excess Medal of commendation

Sounders_Fan

so I am nearly maxed out in the gear I am grinding for and this has lead to having just shy of the maximum 999 medal of commendations. I need something to spend them on as I can't collect a galactic seasons reward.

other than gear; is there a vendor that accepts medal of commendations for OEMs or RPMs or cosmetic items like we have for tech fragments?

I would like to know this as well. I haven't found anything to spend them on besides 320 gear. Sure, some are needed for upgrades and legendaries but getting the aquatics or tech frags are the real limiting factors with those.

so I am nearly maxed out in the gear I am grinding for and this has lead to having just shy of the maximum 999 medal of commendations. I need something to spend them on as I can't collect a galactic seasons reward.

other than gear; is there a vendor that accepts medal of commendations for OEMs or RPMs or cosmetic items like we have for tech fragments?

Keep trying to get the galactic season reward.

It was very weird for me last week, I couldn't collect it either, and I kept getting an error message saying that collecting this would put me over the cap. Then it went away after a day or two and I went back to being able to loot and getting a message saying the medal count went from 1 to 0 because of the weekly cap instead (which is obviously much better).

I have no idea how it's actually supposed to work.

I can't even collect some of my Galactic Seasons rewards due to my Commendations being maxed out... different tracks but same level so can't claim either. Having somewhere to spend them on my level 70-something toons would be useful. I've reported it as a bug although "oversight" is a better description.

Edit to add.. have been trying, no luck so far.

Edited by red_onion

I can't even collect some of my Galactic Seasons rewards due to my Commendations being maxed out... different tracks but same level so can't claim either. Having somewhere to spend them on my level 70-something toons would be useful. I've reported it as a bug although "oversight" is a better description.

Edit to add.. have been trying, no luck so far.

Just buy one piece of 320 Conquest gear on fleet and sell it for credits. That's all we can do right now.

I maxed out on these before I even had any of my characters hit 80 (probably because I don't focus on one). It will be nice to have 320 gear waiting for every fresh 80, but it also be nice to have something else to spend these medals on. I kinda wish the vendor that sells the cosmetic shells from the old command crates for tech fragments took medals of commendation, or that there was another cosmetic item vendor that did.

This is a problem. With the gearing process being so tedious, I have a huge excess of Medals of Commendation with nothing to spend them on. Like others have done, I have "trashed" them by buying garbage green gear and selling it for almost nothing just so I can collect my Galactic Seasons reward. There needs to be something else to spend them on. Maybe a Medals to Aquatic Resource Matrix conversion.

Buy Conquest gear, deconstruct them for Tech Fragments.

This is what I did this week. You don't get very many frags back, but its better than just getting credits. The best ratio is buying the 10 comm pieces, then deconstruct them. You even get back 2-3 comms.

The problem is that the comms you get back, ALSO count against the weekly cap since you earned them. Which made hit the other wall for the week, and I cant collect any from the Seasons. Or do anything that would gain me comms, even though I have only like 500.

So, I'll do my log in Monday, and the Daily Seasons objective on a character, then log off, and wait until Tuesday.

Also, need a vendor for the Syndicate plans. I have already 70 for next weeks objective to turn in. I'll max rep easily Tuesday/Wednesday. One of these weeks I'll hit the weekly max.

No there is nothing to buy except that green bull.... gear.

I have also 999 of this crap medals, the great idea of an incompent and stupid dev team.

An option to buy higher Gear for 250, 500 or 750 medals per piece would be good, but can we expect such a solution from those devs? - NO

Maybe use for alts gear? When upgrading conquest gear, 320 gesr is taken away, right?

I can't be bothered to swap gear between toons, as I have 18 of them. So, all of my toons get their own stuff... and this is a problem I see coming my way in the near future. The cap on Medals of Commendation is too low, and there's nothing to sped excess MC on.

So, yeah.

I had a fresh toon hit level cap last night (the eve before reset) and also hit her Conquest 100K as well. I went to buy a set of Noble Decurion, but even though I'd just finished conquest... the 200 Medals of Commendation were wasted, and I did not have enough to buy my gear.

With a Weekly cap of 999 Medals of Conquest, we only need for 5 characters to complete conquest before the medals cap... and 5 is nothing.

Just buy one piece of 320 Conquest gear on fleet and sell it for credits. That's all we can do right now.

it costs credits to buy those gear pieces with commendations. how deep is the credit sink freeing up commendations cap like this?

analyze the cost compared to deconstructing the gear piece for what miniscule amounts of tech frags a single piece of gear gives for deconstructing it. then convert the cost of 7,500 tech frags worth of deconstructed 320 conquest gear pieces to the price of a single OEM or RPM on your server

is selling to the vendor less of a credit loss

or is deconstructing for 2-6 tech frags a piece and waiting to buy an RPM or OEM and selling on the GTN a profitable commendation sink

Edited by Falensawino

I wouldn't really care about going over the cap if it weren't for the fact that it prevents me from collecting my Galactic Seasons rewards. Today I completed a level that had 20 medals and a gift for Fen Zeil, and it wouldn't let me collect the gift because the medals would put me over the cap. And I can't spend them without having aquatics too. Really stupid design choice.

I've been buying extras of my weapons and deconstructing them. Sucks, but I've got enough credits to afford it, and it bleeds off medals. And it gives me tech fragments to boot, so it's not a terrible solution, if it is somewhat inelegant.

I can't be bothered to swap gear between toons, as I have 18 of them. So, all of my toons get their own stuff... and this is a problem I see coming my way in the near future. The cap on Medals of Commendation is too low, and there's nothing to sped excess MC on.

on every character make an empty Loadout use it to unequip your character. stack everything into the Legacy bank.

log to another character equip it, then when you log back do what you did above.

when you are back on character 1 open the Legacy Bank and load the Loadout -> you are fully Equipped with minimal effort.

it's not perfect but 7.0 is the most Alt friendly of any SWTOR patch ever.

when you are back on character 1 open the Legacy Bank and load the Loadout -> you are fully Equipped with minimal effort.

are you saying the loadout will pull pieces directly from the legacy bank and apply to the character sheet

without having to withdraw and move each piece to the inventory first?

are you saying the loadout will pull pieces directly from the legacy bank and apply to the character sheet

without having to withdraw and move each piece to the inventory first?

yes, as long as any Legacy Bank Tab is open and the Gear is somewhere in the Legacy bank and/or your Inventory.

Beware it will place what you are wearing in the Bank (EDIT: or the Inventory depending on where it pulled from) (usually making a mess) that's why I'd recommend first Loading an Empty Loadout.

also you won't get a Preview, so hit apply and hope you stashed your gear away correctly.

Edited by DarthSpekulatius

They need to add a way to convert the excess MoC to Tech Fragments without the stupid money sink. Buying green gear just to break it down just ends up capping the weekly and throws away money.

Yes, or even make gear and implants take half the tech frags and cost 3x the commendations. I’m basically throwing the commendations away every time I redeem a reward, but one implant and I’m recharging my tech frags. The redemption is out of line with the item costs.