I just... I am at a loss for words.

NuSeC

I run a large guild - our Discord is not a happy place right now let me tell ya.

I am having a hard time biting my tongue in there as I don't want to lose guild-mates and long-time subscribers over this but what can I do?

I mean, I just have no real words for my total dissatisfaction of this update. I believe it is the worst one since launch and that is saying a lot. I have never saw more people as unhappy about an update as I see now. On fleet, in Reddit and in Trauma's Discord! It is a sad place right now.

The bad thing is, there are not many of us old heads around anymore. I myself am just in a state of absolute shock that they are doing gearing the way they are, the UI changes are gross and the skill trees are a sad joke. The changes to that alone from what we had is just sickening. :/

It almost looks like something interns would do if they had no knowledge or history of what has and has not worked in this game and had 90 days to "change things".

Just wow.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conquesting was the whole purpose of my guild, which is heavily alt-laden. Alts are useless now, which I and many others have spent a lot of time, energy and enjoyment cultivating and maintaining. This is a killer for smaller guild activity. What a retrograde disaster.

Resubbed two weeks ago to come back and see how life was.

Unsubbed again today, think I am fully done with this game now. Absolute s show.

-So many many bugs (I expect some, its a game, but damn guys)

-Looking at gearing, going to be a TERRIBLE grind:

All Conquest gear from 320 to 322: 780 Aquatic Matrix (and conquest cap rewards none?!) x3 to get to 326 (cap?)

All FP gear frm 320 to 322: 325 Matrix, 1755 stabilizers (Ive done 2 fps, Im at 0 Matrix/6 stabilizers) x3 to 326 (cap?)

All GF OPs 320 to 322: 260 Matrix, 650(ish) catalyst (Ive done 1 GF and have 0 matrix and 26 Catalyst)

Talking to someone who ran HM Ops, he was getting blue 320 gear.. at Ilvl 320 (*** is that?) I assume that to 322 is even worse than GF to 322.

I get that weeklies will help A LITTLE, but that gearing is absolute insane grinding trash.

- Story was amazingly short for an "expansion"

- No crew skill updates?

- Ironically, I think I may be the only one not bothered by the UI (its w/e IMO)

Sadly this post like all the others will be ignored. Those who stay good luck, hope you stay sane.

I was a CBT player, played on and off since official game launch, and this is easily the worst update Bioware has ever pushed for this game, which is actually saying a lot because as a whole they tend to not be particularly amazing.

My guilds discord is an absolute disaster right now, like half the active players in the guild I'm an officer in have already left the game. What baffles me most, is Bioware changing features of the game that nobody wanted changed or ever asked for. The UI redesign has created the worst UI I've seen playing mmos in 20 years, and now that the classes have been gutted, they play terribly. Nobody wanted these things. Then you have to get into stuff like gearing, which people complained about in PTR, and in response they made it WORSE.

I don't have high expectations for Bioware, but this is a brand new low and I'm not even being hyperbolic. I believe all of this came about as a final push to kind of revitalize the game and bring players back, and I think instead they just put the final nail in the coffin. I don't think Bioware is concerned with the long term effects of this update/"expansion", I think this was one final roll of the dice on their part and they are just crossing their fingers something sticks. That is the only explanation I can think of regarding this mess.

Edited by Saacius

I don't get it either. The UI change is unreal. I don't see why they changed the UI to what they had before to this clunky, garbled mess. It was clean and we understood what was happening and now...it just looks and feels cheap and thrown together haphazardly. But that's how all newer aesthetics feel these days. They're going the way of Failbook with its disgusting look and feel.

I'm tempted to go back to LOTRO, where things still look beautiful!

Hi everyone! I rarely sit on forums.

Veteran here, playing since 2011. I played every patch and every update.

This is the most terrible patch. Even in darkest times for SWTOR when people were leaving in 2012 the situation was not so bad... The story is just...nothing. 1.5 hours of killing waves of npc on small daily area.

UI and other things is just incredible bad. I also played PTS and tried to make new patch a little better.

I love this game but it's hurt to see what is game has become :(

single biggest letdown of an expansion.

I hit 80 before even finishing mannan. I didnt even notice. I looked at the bar and "oh, look im 80..neat, i guess"

no sense of accomplishment, no sense of wow.

I haven't even done the solo fp yet...

i truly hope there is more to this than 2 hours of gameplay.

I waited a day to log in, waited for the patch to download, and got on this morning thinking that there would be so much to do, so much to catch up on ... i started playing swtor first day (founder), took a break and in 2020 thought, wow this game is still going strong. I caught up to speed on augments, gear, classes, pvp, stories etc. And was honestly sorry I had stopped playing as I was having a blast!

Now back to logging in a bit late, waiting to patch, and .... 15 minutes later after opening my bags ... ***. Really? Eye strain, female beards, the classes now ... i loved my shadow spec, my main, and wow.

The biggest improvements seem to be cartel related, to some degree, but the storage alone omg ... my spec ... I honestly do not think ill invest as much time and money into swtor now, although it may seem like small things ... sometimes, if its not broke you honestly do not try to fix it ... I was so pumped to return and invest, now, I honestly just do not know.

I have rarely been on the forums, and have not posted in ... a long time. But i got on to see what others might be posting, and I can see im not the only one. Hopefully someone on the team listens to the players, those of us paying or just supporting and playing as this was ... well, honestly, 15 mins of OMG, and WTFs before logging out.

I really hope more people respond to a single post so that devs may actually take notice.

Edited by Zartar

single biggest letdown of an expansion.

I hit 80 before even finishing mannan. I didnt even notice. I looked at the bar and "oh, look im 80..neat, i guess"

no sense of accomplishment, no sense of wow.

I haven't even done the solo fp yet...

i truly hope there is more to this than 2 hours of gameplay.

I wish I could say otherwise man lol.

BioWare really mislead us on this one. The expansion has to be 2 hours at least, 3-4 hours at most. It's a very short, buggy, and underwhelming story. If you made it all the way to the final boss fight on the Elom Flashpoint, you'll experience bugs unlike ever before. I wish you luck on trying to beat him.

Same here. I've been subbed since day one. The only time I have ever unsubbed was the absolute dumpster fire / grind fest that was 5.0. They eventually fixed it and I resubbed for 6.0. While that was a dumpster fire, calling this one is an insult to dumpster fires. Actually, this xpac is an insult to the subscriber base. Which is the reason that I too will be unsubbing. Vote with your wallet.

Amen brother. This is unreal. It's like they are destroying the game on purpose so they can release a new game...

^^^^ THIS is EXACTLY what is happening. My guild was huge and has all but dissolved. I am SO sickened by this "expansion" that it is has taken away all my will to want to even try to play this game.

Newsflash EA, I WILL NOT be playing any more of your games and I certainly will not be playing another star wars game that you develop.

UI and other things is just incredible bad. I also played PTS and tried to make new patch a little better.

This is what is very upsetting/fury-inducing for loads of us. We spent a lot of time on the PTS testing everything they asked and gave honest (and for the most part) constructive feedback to try and help make the expansion a good one BUT IT WAS ALL IGNORED (I really wanted to say almost all, but I can't think of anything that that they acted on that wasn't ruining the play experience). They just went ahead and released it with all the problems we gave feedback about still in the game and made some that were okay worse (the gearing experience was way better on the PTS but no where near as good live). It's really disheartening that they dismissed our participation (at their request) like that :( As a result they will lose a lot of subs and more important to them, I'm pretty sure CM sales will plummet.

I run a large guild - our Discord is not a happy place right now let me tell ya.

I am having a hard time biting my tongue in there as I don't want to lose guild-mates and long-time subscribers over this but what can I do?

I mean, I just have no real words for my total dissatisfaction of this update. I believe it is the worst one since launch and that is saying a lot. I have never saw more people as unhappy about an update as I see now. On fleet, in Reddit and in Trauma's Discord! It is a sad place right now.

The bad thing is, there are not many of us old heads around anymore. I myself am just in a state of absolute shock that they are doing gearing the way they are, the UI changes are gross and the skill trees are a sad joke. The changes to that alone from what we had is just sickening. :/

It almost looks like something interns would do if they had no knowledge or history of what has and has not worked in this game and had 90 days to "change things".

Just wow.

All of this was posted for the last 6 months on the PTS to provide Bioware with feedback. They ignored 95% of all the player feedback given. Most of the feedback was pretty consistent between players too, right down to the bugs from 4 months ago that have found there way into the live version.

What I want to know is what did they do during the two month delay? What was that even for because most of the bad stuff reported to them before December hasn’t been fixed or adjusted. And it’s obvious they didn’t make changes or learn anything from the PTS between December and launch date.

I would even go as far as saying a community funded and run startup could have done a better job than Bioware has done with the systems and bug squashing. I’ve seen some excellent community work by amateur modders do better work than this team.

I can’t even do the new story cause of a bug with all my characters who are up to date with the story. If they aren’t up to date I can play through the old content to get them up to date and start the new story. But if they were already up to date they are stuck now, never to be able to continue (unless Bioware can fix it somehow. I was told by CS there is no estimate on when that might happen)

The new UI is a disgrace. I’ve seen school kid modders do better work in other games to come up with better UI designs and functionality. The sharp colors, the font, the lay out and the functionality is a joke. They make it difficult to look at without getting sore eyes or a headache. You can’t even see you stats and swap gear to check at the same time. You have to keep closing the “extra step” detailed stat window before you can equip gear. Before you could just swap it back and forth to see what you were doing with the numbers.

THE EXPANSION ISN’T READY, not even close. Bioware should just roll back all of the UI, system and gear changes to pre expansion and concentrate on making story instead of breaking stuff that worked fine as it was. No one asked for all this extra *****. We just wanted new content.

Is EA going to hold anyone accountable at Bioware for this **** show?

Edited by Totemdancer

The devs obviously must want this game to fail hard, otherwise why push out such a horrid patch ? Lol, it's ridiculous to even call this a patch even. The smallest FFXIV patch has more content than what the devs here call a "expansion".

At this point, they should just roll back the servers before the patch and leave the story content in. That's all they had to do.

The devs obviously must want this game to fail hard, otherwise why push out such a horrid patch ? Lol, it's ridiculous to even call this a patch even. The smallest FFXIV patch has more content than what the devs here call a "expansion".

At this point, they should just roll back the servers before the patch and leave the story content in. That's all they had to do.

They must really be hurting in terms of staff, I bet a good portion have been pulled to work on the new Mass Effect and Dragon Age.

Edited by BellumEstBellum