Changes to Gearing in 7.0 from PTS Feedback

BryantWood

And they actually have to win to complete the weekly / daily (unlike GSF)

They should make the caches gained from completing PvP matches work the same as this:

Defeating a boss in Flashpoints or Operations will now always reward a piece of gear. This gear will be equal item rating to a randomly chosen piece of gear the player has equipped.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Both PvP and GSF should have Loses count towards the dailies/weeklies.

I don't mind PvP requiring wins for the weekly, it keeps it more competitive and less people AFK. In GSF you can carry a lot better so AFK players are less of a problem.

Edited by Eli_Porter

You missed my comment about Harder content deserves better rewards I see. That does include higher tiers of gear. Granted I doubt I'll ever get BiS in 7.0, I still believe that NiM deserves BiS.

Remember that PvP has it's own gearing now, and that they said caps for PvP would be set around the highest level of PvP gear available.

I purposely didn’t touch it cause it’s a radio active subtopic that I don’t feel like arguing about.

The issue for 99.99% of players in the game isn’t that Ops guys will get the highest irated gear (honestly couldn’t give a rats…) It’s that they will get access to moddable gear months and months before anyone else.

And as for pvpers, we like to min max our gear to get the best performance out of our classes. Which we won’t be able to do with this halfbaked static gear. And it doesn’t matter if pvp stats are capped, you still need to be able to put the right stat mix on your character.

I don't see it as elitest what so ever. I did say I doubt I will ever get BiS in 7.0. That means I don't do NiM myself. I just believe that people doing content that is easy as heck shouldn't be handed out BiS for doing nothing. 6.0 clearly did this and it turned into Spammer Station/RR spam for BiS. That is just wrong.

Just cause you can't do something doesn't mean allowing it isn't elitist. For example, I won't ever make $1B, but if I think billionaires shouldn't be taxed, its still elitist.

And again, saying its wrong is just your opinion. I for one, enjoyed it. Don't have much time to play, so was nice to be able to gear up several toons quickly to help my buddies in NiM content when I got back into the game. Gatekeeping end tier content by forcing me to play ridiculous amounts of content is what drove me away from other MMOs. Again, personalized experience for me, but I only get to play 4ish hours a week tops with my job, so I very much welcomed the old gearing system.

Now you (and devs) might think that someone who can only dedicate 4 hours/week to the game doesn't deserve to have access to end tier content/gear but I'd say that's a pretty lame argument.

Edited by stposiedon

I don't mind PvP requiring wins for the weekly, it keeps it more competitive and less people AFK. In GSF you can carry a lot better so AFK players are less of a problem.

I AFK by not even queuing for matches. Is that really good for the game?

If you think it is good, then maybe you think I am just a bad player. Well, while I am not the best, when I used to do a couple hours of pvp a day, I always played objectives, and even though I liked winning, I accepted losses because they gave credit toward my weekly mission. I would complete my weekly on multiple characters per week. and though I solo queued I was able to score high on the leader board for both medals and dps.

I would look forward to doing more pvp if the rules for weekly progression were changed, but I will continue to avoid it until they do, even if that is until they finally push too many players into quitting the game and it has to shut down due to a lack of subscribers because of their positions on issues like this.

I AFK by not even queuing for matches. Is that really good for the game?

If you think it is good, then maybe you think I am just a bad player. Well, while I am not the best, when I used to do a couple hours of pvp a day, I always played objectives, and even though I liked winning, I accepted losses because they gave credit toward my weekly mission. I would complete my weekly on multiple characters per week. and though I solo queued I was able to score high on the leader board for both medals and dps.

I would look forward to doing more pvp if the rules for weekly progression were changed, but I will continue to avoid it until they do, even if that is until they finally push too many players into quitting the game and it has to shut down due to a lack of subscribers because of their positions on issues like this.

The PvP weekly now requires 4 wins instead of 10 though. A couple hours for the weekly is a fairly realistic expectation even if you're not a pro.

That being said I agree losses should reward more, but it doesn't have to be the weekly.

Edited by Eli_Porter

Agreed. Both PvP and GSF should have Loses count towards the dailies/weeklies.

I will give my vote every single time that this suggestion comes up.

I want to play for fun, and it's already not fun to end up in a ****** team, it's even less fun when you just waste 20 minutes.

I'd rather see 8 matches than 4 wins, personally.

The PvP weekly now requires 4 wins instead of 10 though. A couple hours for the weekly is a fairly realistic expectation even if you're not a pro.

That being said I agree losses should reward more, but it doesn't have to be the weekly.

I don't care. I want losses to progress my weekly mission. If they included losses, and you could get the weekly done with 4 wins or 8 losses or a combination of wins and losses then I would play. Until then, pvp is only something that I will do on a rare and occasional basis, and probably only to advance conquest or galactic seasons rewards.

Yes, that is true. But I’m referring to another PTS for 7.0, not 7.1
Based on your posting in this thread, you do not appear to be interested in a good faith discussion. People are trying to be helpful and inform you of the news we have available from the dev team. The only news we have is that the next PTS will be for 7.1 and will release within 1 week of the 7.0 expansion launch.

Advanced Gearing: Customizing Your Build

For players who want greater control over their builds, we are varying the distribution of tertiary stats across different gear pieces

We will continue watching your feedback to identify any improvements to the gearing system.

Thanks for the update on allowing us more flexibility in gearing stat allocation. I don't think this proposed system is the correct system as it requires having 10 different gear paths added in and raises the complexity and RNG of obtaining gear with stats you want.

Simple alternative:

Allow players to pick their legendary bonus with any stat they desire, being able to pick the stat I want on my implants would fix 80% of stat allocation and allow me to 100% get the desired outcome using augments (within the stat pool available). Have a vendor (or use the same one) where I can trade a legendary in for the same legendary with a different stat allocation. I don't think you'd even need to make the above proposed change if you do this.

Pruning of the existing proposed change:

Instead of creating class specific drops for 10 different combinations, just make 2 sets of tank gear (absorb vs shield) that can randomly drop for all tanks.

Make 3 sets of dps gear (critical, alacrity, accuracy) that can randomly drop for all dps and healers don't get the accuracy set to drop.

This would massively reduce the complexity and make it easy for players to obtain the gear by setting the loot discipline to dps, heals, or tank. No need to farm on specific combat styles.

I was never under the impression that we could not do the heroics, just not a fan of pushing people into the activities "You deem we should play" instead of just letting us play what we like. The last time I checked I pay for my sub and yet you want to push something I may do not like or do not play just because you think it is what everyone should be playing. Thanks but no thanks.

I purposely didn’t touch it cause it’s a radio active subtopic that I don’t feel like arguing about.

The issue for 99.99% of players in the game isn’t that Ops guys will get the highest irated gear (honestly couldn’t give a rats…) It’s that they will get access to moddable gear months and months before anyone else.

And as for pvpers, we like to min max our gear to get the best performance out of our classes. Which we won’t be able to do with this halfbaked static gear. And it doesn’t matter if pvp stats are capped, you still need to be able to put the right stat mix on your character.

Remember I've said in many posts they should re-add mods/enhancements. I even gave a suggestion that once you have for example every item on a character at 322, a vendor opens up 322 mods/enhancements. Continuing when you get every item to higher levels that higher mods open up.

However if they aren't going to give us mods/enhancements, I have no issues with them doing it the way it is, since it still allows for customization of stats, and at the same time takes away the RNG mess we currently have.

Hi Bryant! Thanks for the update.

While the buff to Boss Drops is appreciated, please consider giving PvP players Aquatic Resource Matrix rewards so they don't feel forced to grind PvE for upgrades.

Also, there's a concern with weapon slots. Since weapons (and legendary implants, but those start at 326) are what distinguish combat styles, the player is heavily enocuraged to stay on the same combat style for optimal gearing until they reach their desired rating (326 for most players), and duplicates for that slot will not yield weapons for most other combat styles. Please make Main Hand and Off Hand gear significantly less costly to upgrade over other slots, so players have more freedom to transfer their gear to alts of other combat styles and make the grind less grindy.

Honestly I wouldn't even worry about it. If you do have to play PVE. 99% of players will now have a stealth class as secondary. So we on the PVE side are planning on doing these Flashpoints and Heroics from now on by stealthing the trash and killing the bosses. Or for Heroics. Stealth entirely to finish quickly. If Bioware truly wants to force people to play content they don't like. Then we will just take advantage of combat styles and bypass most of the content to finish the heroics and flashpoints. Stealth classes are going to be almost a requirement to play now.

Supposedly aquatics in PvP are being addressed. Still would like upgrades to be possible outside of weeklies like with the changes they're making to PvE boss drops.

And I still want weapons to be moddable so we can more easily gear alts and not have to suffer 2 months of worthless cosmetics.

But why should GSF daily/weekly get advanced with loses while unranked PvP doesn't? I have played multiple times a day at multiple times of the day to get the teams that don't give a flying **** about wins. They just want to flex tiny epeens of numbers. This is the problem with the daily/weekly missions auto resets.

As it was for 1.2 it is still the same today for 7.0. They do not care. They are right, we the players, are eternally wrong. It's their way or the fracking highway. Maybe if 80% of their subscribers tell them, "get bent" and leave they might get the idea they are wrong. However, this is BioWare where they do what they want and damn everyone else. Gee...isn't his how Anthem died a quick painful death?

You are 100% right. I remember when they came out with GS 1 and stated play how you want, but within our control.

Now with GS 2 it is play how you want, but in actuality how we want you to play and what to play. Don't play what you like, play what we tell you to play and like it. The delay of 7.0 was the start of the fall of the game with so short notice of the delay. Now the delay of key parts of the expansion is making it worse. Let alone the BLANTENT disregard of feed back from the player base. I know there have been people stating this before, but this feels like the actual thing that will break the camels back for the game

The words "thank you sir may I have another" come to mind when I think about how I believe BioWare wants us to respond to what they are doing with all of the changes in 7.0 that the majority of those responding to forum posts about them don't want.

But why should GSF daily/weekly get advanced with loses while unranked PvP doesn't? I have played multiple times a day at multiple times of the day to get the teams that don't give a flying **** about wins. They just want to flex tiny epeens of numbers. This is the problem with the daily/weekly missions auto resets.

Because most PvP maps require your whole team to care about winning in order to win. Think of GSF like if every map was huttball, you don't care about most teammates being along for the ride since a few good players can carry.

• Dev Post
Bryant,

Is this going on the PTS for further feedback instead of just being forced live?

Hi mentalmackem,

PTS will be brought down tomorrow afternoon, so there will not be another phase of testing. When changes are live, we absolutely will be observing feedback coming in from players. I'm working on ways to help streamline that for players who frequent the forums.

Hi mentalmackem,

PTS will be brought down tomorrow afternoon, so there will not be another phase of testing. When changes are live, we absolutely will be observing feedback coming in from players. I'm working on ways to help streamline that for players who frequent the forums.

*thumb up*

Seriously though, so much negativity when clearly they DID listen to at least some of the feedback.

Is it perfect? Definitely not but gosh, I'll take the changes at least.

Also, it's annoying to see actual feedback lost in pages of insults. Then you wonder why they don't seem to listen.

Because most PvP maps require your whole team to care about winning in order to win. Think of GSF like if every map was huttball, you don't care about most teammates being along for the ride since a few good players can carry.

But then if I am always stuck with those players that don't give a flying **** about winning I am screwed. No advance on daily, no advance on weekly, and if I choose to leave the match I get a 15 *********** minute lockout. Sorry but your comparison is null and void. GSF should work the same as unranked PvP or vis versa

But then if I am always stuck with those players that don't give a flying **** about winning I am screwed. No advance on daily, no advance on weekly, and if I choose to leave the match I get a 15 *********** minute lockout. Sorry but your comparison is null and void. GSF should work the same as unranked PvP or vis versa

Yep, again, I completely agree.

Although I suppose that requiring wins will stop players from being dead weight on purpose, it will still be frustrating when they are not doing anything useful.

*thumb up*

Seriously though, so much negativity when clearly they DID listen to at least some of the feedback.

Is it perfect? Definitely not but gosh, I'll take the changes at least.

Also, it's annoying to see actual feedback lost in pages of insults. Then you wonder why they don't seem to listen.

But they really didn't listen. Look at the feed back they got when first PTS came out on how they butchered Guardian/Juggernaut and Sentinel/Marauder. They didn't adjust anything for those classes. We told them that non moddable gear was a mistake. They didn't listen. Sometime they need to be put in their place with HARSH and negative comments. If they can't take it then maybe they need to change professions. Granted some people are beyond harsh, and those comments should be removed. But generally speaking it comes with the territory. Heck toddlers listen better on feedback better then the DEVs have here on the current PTS builds.