Premades are hurting pvp participation

ralphieceaser

Perhaps, but in my view iF there are only 16 in queue and 4 are a premade team, then you should put the 4-6 higher rated players on the other side to balance the advantage.

Will it always come out even, no, but its the best we can hope for.

The problem would lie in how much of a skill gap were talking.

Those 4-6 players might be the best remaining in the que but that might mean nothing if the group of 4 are all top skilled players.

Maybe there should be thresh hold were if the mmr is, so out of wack it splits the teams. Kinda a middle ground. It wouldn't happen often. Who am I kidding though the resources put to this game will never make that a thing.

Perhaps, but in my view iF there are only 16 in queue and 4 are a premade team, then you should put the 4-6 higher rated players on the other side to balance the advantage.

Will it always come out even, no, but its the best we can hope for.

This is a step in the right direction but these put the "others" as it were on the opposite team was done before and complained about by pvpers and change... but i cannot be for certain on this but i know the complaints reeeeeled in cause they said things like I do not want to carry other players...

They want it to where there is an easy advantage... and not really earning it! IMO

But yes splitting up is one thing but remember too these players were also known to assist their buddies on the opposite team by faking an attempt but purposely losing....

Additionally, ratings and win losses should not have any mathematical calculation for the teams to be selected and decided upon. Stats maybe but not the others... cause that is saying cause I play better I am gonna be grouped with other better rated or win players...

By making the weekly require wins only to count, we have seen an increased amount of premades farming quick wins since premades are always more organized and focused, often times literally steamrolling the enemy team to the point everyone realizes it is pointless and afk.

Worse though is the fact that when people keep seeing the same names in the enemy team steamrolling them they are starting to stop quing because it is never fun to have a pug vs premade and there is no point getting destroyed.

The premades are causing such a big problem that people stop queing to avoid them

And we go from 8v8 warzones to suddenly non stop arena matches on high activity times, either let losses count or ban premades from queing together.

The game needs honest matching.

Premades have to be forced in arena fights, so the battlefields are open for pugs.

The daily and weekly should be put back to participation. The win requirement is making it pointless to even try. I did 11 games tonight and lost all because of premades. This is absurd.

The game needs honest matching.

Premades have to be forced in arena fights, so the battlefields are open for pugs.

The daily and weekly should be put back to participation. The win requirement is making it pointless to even try. I did 11 games tonight and lost all because of premades. This is absurd.

The devs recently posted that losses would count towards the weekly at one third the rate of wins.

The problem would lie in how much of a skill gap were talking.

Those 4-6 players might be the best remaining in the que but that might mean nothing if the group of 4 are all top skilled players.

Maybe there should be thresh hold were if the mmr is, so out of wack it splits the teams. Kinda a middle ground. It wouldn't happen often. Who am I kidding though the resources put to this game will never make that a thing.

True, but i still think thats better than splitting teams. If you queue together you should play together.

but lets also be honest that the real advantage most premades have is not skill, but coordination and communication. The skill gpa itself, isnt the issue in most cases, but faster reactions and trinity specs.

This idea that the skill gap is that wise, isnt factual in most cases. Are they better individually, perhaps, but when you add in guard and pocket healers does that really matter? Even an average player becomes a god.

This thread is, for the most part, 29 pages of noobs complaining about warzones because they are not very good at the game and blaming Premades for their ineptitude. Never change pvp forum :)

um no... but keep trying to be smart about your response and relative...

The only noobs are the ones who need broken match queue systems and premades to win and to win consistently

Edited by Amunra-amunray

The only noobs are the ones who need broken match queue systems and premades to win and to win consistently

The only noobs are the casual pvpers who prefer to death match over playing objectives, causing those who are actively trying to win incredible frustration.

Ummm dude you literally click buttons and s key in your YouTube vids. Can't be calling people noobs when you do that.

The fact of the matter is, the population of this game isnt great, especially on the pvp side of things. Promoting 'premades' and any form of elitism may just hurt that even more. I imagine many old pvp'rs can come back to the game on there own, get stomped out immediately then return to where they came. stating pvp is bad. This isnt productive.

Im not sure what the solution is. I think bioware need to decide who there audience is. Is it the premade, co-ordinated player, or the chilled, have a laugh only log on here and there player. Who knows, certainly not me.

For example, today did 5 games, 4 were premades, logged off, probably wont log on now for a few more days, play a better pvp game thats more suited for me. Not saying this is wrong, maybe this game isnt for people like me who just want to log in have a bit of a laugh, pvp and log off. Maybe it should be mainly for those who want competitive pvp who knows

Edited by Srami

The fact of the matter is, the population of this game isnt great, especially on the pvp side of things. Promoting 'premades' and any form of elitism may just hurt that even more. I imagine many old pvp'rs can come back to the game on there own, get stomped out immediately then return to where they came. stating pvp is bad. This isnt productive.

Im not sure what the solution is. I think bioware need to decide who there audience is. Is it the premade, co-ordinated player, or the chilled, have a laugh only log on here and there player. Who knows, certainly not me.

For example, today did 5 games, 4 were premades, logged off, probably wont log on now for a few more days, play a better pvp game thats more suited for me. Not saying this is wrong, maybe this game isnt for people like me who just want to log in have a bit of a laugh, pvp and log off. Maybe it should be mainly for those who want competitive pvp who knows

its neither casual or hardcore as a choice. it is properly having queues that reflect the content of play

Groups should be in group matches and those not in groups should not!

its neither casual or hardcore as a choice. it is properly having queues that reflect the content of play

Groups should be in group matches and those not in groups should not!

Not disagreeing but does the game even have the population to support such an implementation without killing group play entirely. if this was lost ark, WOW or any MMO sporting healthy population numbers i would agree, but doing this could make things even worse in terms of actually being able to find a game.

Im playing devils advocate here just saying i dont disagree, they are currently a cancer in pvp and this thread is witness to it, and they are ruining alot pvp for many people. Intentionally or not

Edited by Srami

Dude you should really take your channel out of your signature. It is embarrassing.

dude you should keep your post relative and quit attacking people, but i guess it does show your true character! And just cause you do not like my channel doesn't mean diddly squat! just like your opinion of it!

Not disagreeing but does the game even have the population to support such an implementation without killing group play entirely. if this was lost ark, WOW or any MMO sporting healthy population numbers i would agree, but doing this could make things even worse in terms of actually being able to find a game.

Im playing devils advocate here just saying i dont disagree, they are currently a cancer in pvp and this thread is witness to it, and they are ruining alot pvp for many people. Intentionally or not

Yeah not like they really care.. but I have officially decided to leave all unranked warzones until a huge overhaul is done to correct the larger than though debacle that is unranked warzones... and more are leaving too... many more...

so have fun playing with yourselves eventually!

:D

dude you should keep your post relative and quit attacking people, but i guess it does show your true character! And just cause you do not like my channel doesn't mean diddly squat! just like your opinion of it!

In the defence of his comment. You're complaining about constantly losing games, and how the matchmaking system is a direct factor in those losses, and therefore should be changed.

When you look at the videos in your channel, it's very clear that your mechanical performance in the game is quite poor. It's far more likely that your poor performance is leading to poor results, rather than it being an in game system that is somehow unfairly targeting you.

For example, if I was complaining that PvE group finder operations were unfairly putting me with sub par players, and I was unable to complete them, me having combat logs uploaded where I was pulling under 1k DPS would indicate that the problem isn't the other players or the group finder system.

Yeah not like they really care.. but I have officially decided to leave all unranked warzones until a huge overhaul is done to correct the larger than though debacle that is unranked warzones... and more are leaving too... many more...

so have fun playing with yourselves eventually!

:D

The solution to premades in warzones has always been, and will always be, more premades in the queue.

Not to wax too lyrical here, but the in game infrastructure for PvP has never recovered from the removal of 8 man ranked and the mass collapse of every PvP guild shortly after. Until there are real reasons for PvP guilds to form, for people to invest the time with guides, forming groups to learn and teach together, and everything else that goes along with an in game infrastructure, this is how it will be.

In the defence of his comment. You're complaining about constantly losing games, and how the matchmaking system is a direct factor in those losses, and therefore should be changed.

When you look at the videos in your channel, it's very clear that your mechanical performance in the game is quite poor. It's far more likely that your poor performance is leading to poor results, rather than it being an in game system that is somehow unfairly targeting you.

For example, if I was complaining that PvE group finder operations were unfairly putting me with sub par players, and I was unable to complete them, me having combat logs uploaded where I was pulling under 1k DPS would indicate that the problem isn't the other players or the group finder system.

The solution to premades in warzones has always been, and will always be, more premades in the queue.

Not to wax too lyrical here, but the in game infrastructure for PvP has never recovered from the removal of 8 man ranked and the mass collapse of every PvP guild shortly after. Until there are real reasons for PvP guilds to form, for people to invest the time with guides, forming groups to learn and teach together, and everything else that goes along with an in game infrastructure, this is how it will be.

I have already stated 8 man ranked should be brought back... and I already stated groups should be fine to play...

What isn't fair for all subscribers is stacked queues where all the good players are on one team and the rest are shoved on the other team...

My channel and my computers performance is not relative to this topic... and I have Gold Ranked rewards from several season, an achievement score of 69k+ and have no issues performing well when teams are balanced...

Groups should not be fighting one or two players.... PERIOD just like a heavy weight boxer should not be fighting a light weight... The queue match system is built and consistently places those with better win/loss stats and groups on the same team against those with 270-300 gear and low win/loss stats on the opposite team.

I have seen the same team in an 8 man match for 5 matches back to back...

ITS broken.. and my style of play my performance and the like has nothing to do with the FACTS that unranked warzone team selections is wacked broken and completely misrepresenting all players... not just a select few who want to keep things as they are!

And, FYI i have seen these elite teams that farm unranked warzones get their team handed to them in a ranked match even some I have played in... sooo they are really only using a bolster system on top of the match queue system to make the game easy for them to play....

no priorities should be made when teams are being selected and groups should fight in their own arena PERIOD!

Idk I see what y'all mean with its unfair to play against premades. But... didn't you sign up for that? You knew fully well when queueing that his could happen, and lets be real these people don't care if they farm you or not they just want to play with friends, there is nothing wrong with that. They shouldn't be forced to queue ranked just because your ego can't handle dying to a premade? Get a premade, run away from them or grow up. I am sure you would farm them if you would play a quad stack, then just do it.

I doubt 8v8 ranked would pop. Solo ranked is more played that teamranked for one reason only: you can do it whenever you want, also the gamble aspect makes for some great memes and is honestly part of what makes sr fun for me.

Idk I see what y'all mean with its unfair to play against premades. But... didn't you sign up for that? You knew fully well when queueing that his could happen, and lets be real these people don't care if they farm you or not they just want to play with friends, there is nothing wrong with that. They shouldn't be forced to queue ranked just because your ego can't handle dying to a premade? Get a premade, run away from them or grow up. I am sure you would farm them if you would play a quad stack, then just do it.

I doubt 8v8 ranked would pop. Solo ranked is more played that teamranked for one reason only: you can do it whenever you want, also the gamble aspect makes for some great memes and is honestly part of what makes sr fun for me.

OMG way off the mark! They can queue with their friends all day long... but they need to be playing against others who also play with their friends! and I have no problem winning... when the team has an equal balance of good players on each side even losing by close margins does not bother me... and you have no idea about my skillsets so again instead of attacking a person attack the topic and FYI there are many who do not play warzones for these very same reasons so its not just me....

OMG way off the mark! They can queue with their friends all day long... but they need to be playing against others who also play with their friends! and I have no problem winning... when the team has an equal balance of good players on each side even losing by close margins does not bother me... and you have no idea about my skillsets so again instead of attacking a person attack the topic and FYI there are many who do not play warzones for these very same reasons so its not just me....

All that would happen is that you'd have another dead queue, who tf would wait 1h for a regs pop. Might as well solo queue and duel your friends in the warzones but I bet you wouldn't like that either.

If you don't like it just queue with your guild mates or friends, where problem?

All that would happen is that you'd have another dead queue, who tf would wait 1h for a regs pop. Might as well solo queue and duel your friends in the warzones but I bet you wouldn't like that either.

If you don't like it just queue with your guild mates or friends, where problem?

there is no real proof that would be the case and if it happens that is specifically because the ones getting easy mode now wont be able to take advantage of wins only streaks against poor poor players with a couple of good players each match so will leave the match queues not because of any other reason...

and those who do not like the current match queue system would return to play... and if you want to duel... warzones are not the place for it... these instances are to be managed by objectives which is another thing even good players do not want to do... they just want to kill farm or ignore objectives and hope they win still... people have even gotten bans for kill farming...

So your argument is moot!

Edited by Amunra-amunray

and those who do not like the current match queue system would return to play... and if you want to duel... warzones are not the place for it... these instances are to be managed by objectives which is another thing even good players do not want to do... they just want to kill farm or ignore objectives and hope they win still... people have even gotten bans for kill farming...

So your argument is moot!

if they are farming kills then why are you complaining? Still leaves a fair chance of winning? And yeah, you know how I know that is what would happen, with the duels and all? Because that what I'd do. For me PvP has nothing to do with objectives, either you kill them or you get killed - nothing more, nothing less.

Getting banned for kill farming, sure sure, when nobody gets banned for throwing 2 THOUSAND solo ranked games like the m-boy on SF.