Itemization in 7.0

EricMusco

To support our philosophy about RNG, we are removing Renown and nearly all RNG in the 7.0 expansion

Good.

Furthering our efforts to build a fulfilling experience for our players, we will be featuring different content on a weekly basis in 7.0

Very nervous about this and particulary how it will relate to Galactic Seasons. Please ensure there is enough solo content - I don't want to be railroaded into anything.

Players will still be able to use moddable gear, but this type of gear is not required for players to be effective in any content in the game

I enjoy min-maxing even though much of what I do is solo so this seems like a bummer. Will these drops be legacy bound? How are we meant to gear our alts?

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legacy Perks related to these systems will be removed starting in 7.0.

Starting today, Renown and Social Legacy Perks will have their Cartel Coin price reduced to 1

Removed... I know there are rXP bonuses that would obviously need to disappear, but the only social stuff I see in my legacy menu is the emote unlocks. Please tell me this is just poorly written. It would be very sad to lose Companion Dance, /datapad, /holocom, /map, /scanred, /scangreen, /binoculars, /weld, and /doublelasers

Not happy at all about removing the DvL toggle

It was really handy for staying neutral or DS1 (because DS > 1 looks horrible) without forcing me to make choices i don't want to make.

Exactly this, please don't remove the toggle. It makes it so much easier to make characters who are Neutral, and mold them how we want them. Alternatively, keeping characters at certain LS/DS levels.

Well, guess I'm going to have to find a new game to play. I don't like a lot of where this game is going. They're literally gutting everything I've enjoyed about gearing. Play your way to gear? Gone. Now we have to play the weeklies they specify. Enjoyed amplifiers? They're gone too. Dailies/Weeklies stretched across days/weeks? Nope, we're going to TAKE them from you because to heck with your choices. Enjoy earning tech frags from every content area? Nope, gone. Enjoyed renown/crates for the extra gearing they gave along with conquest gains? Nope, gone. Remember those achieves you've worked towards? Haha, silly peeps, we're taking them AND the points away too! Oh and those perks you spent millions on for each character? BAHAHAHA REMOVED!

Bioware please listen. Just hold off, wait to get it all together when it is ready to release and release it next year. Don't try and rush it out the door before it's finished. You WILL drive away most of your current player base. And I'll be one of them.

Some changes to existing daily login items that might need changing due to this:

Personal Conquest Requisition item awards 50k conquest points, but the new conquest is 100k so this value will need changing.

Social points are changing so the social point items Complimentary Minor Social Boost, Complimentary Major Social Boost and Token of the Cordial will need changing to something else.

Renown Boost item from log in rewards needs to go

I want to know that since we are going back to vertical progression does that mean all content will be scaled to 80 so gear doesn't get down leveled like it currently does on live where there are hard caps on stats despite how you arrange your gear if you aren't doing level 75 content?

Depends on what you are doing. From my time on the PTS, doing heroics and some solo items you are still scaled down but it is possible in flashpoints, operations, it could be 80

Operations

Operations will be divided into two categories: Legacy Operations and Current Operations.

Legacy Operations, or all Operations not introduced in the Legacy of the Sith expansion cycle, will allow upgrades with item rating caps determined by difficulty.

Current Operations will operate a bit differently. Gear tokens will drop directly from bosses and will be tradeable among the group. For example, after defeating one boss, a player may be awarded with a token for Pants with an item rating of 328. They could then either turn in the token and choose their piece of gear or trade it to another player. We believe allowing players who participate in large group content to gear up others quickly mitigates changes in the group dynamics when leaving or joining the group and is a crucial piece of this type of gameplay.

Based on the item rating examples discussed in the previous sections, Veteran Legacy Operations will allow upgrades at 7.0 up to item rating 326, while Master Legacy Operations will allow up to item rating 330. The Story difficulty for the R-4 Anomaly Operation will drop item rating 328 gear. The Veteran difficulty for the R-4 Anomaly Operation will drop item rating 330, 332, and 334 rated gear. Over time, as new difficulties or Operations are introduced, new, more powerful gear will also come with those updates.

so operations is the only way to get the highest level of gear. so in PVP players that don't want to do operations will be at a disadvantage?

that seems to contradict the philosophy statement

Our philosophy for gearing and progression in 7.0 is to ensure that players have the gear they need to play the content they want and that they can grow their power over time. Whether a player is here for the story or to take on the most powerful challenges in the galaxy, we want there to be something a player can look forward to that makes their characters stronger.

since we are returning to a "vertical" gearing system; does that mean we get expertise back on PVP gear to balance out those in operations gear?

I don't really have the time or interest to raid regularly any more; but now I get put at a disadvantage in the game content I want to play (pvp) for not having the time to dedicate to raiding.

Well, guess I'm going to have to find a new game to play. I don't like a lot of where this game is going. They're literally gutting everything I've enjoyed about gearing. Play your way to gear? Gone. Now we have to play the weeklies they specify. Enjoyed amplifiers? They're gone too. Dailies/Weeklies stretched across days/weeks? Nope, we're going to TAKE them from you because to heck with your choices. Enjoy earning tech frags from every content area? Nope, gone. Enjoyed renown/crates for the extra gearing they gave along with conquest gains? Nope, gone. Remember those achieves you've worked towards? Haha, silly peeps, we're taking them AND the points away too! Oh and those perks you spent millions on for each character? BAHAHAHA REMOVED!

Bioware please listen. Just hold off, wait to get it all together when it is ready to release and release it next year. Don't try and rush it out the door before it's finished. You WILL drive away most of your current player base. And I'll be one of them.

They have it all together. This expansion isn't for players like you and me who want to have CHOICE. This is for lobby game players who want to play Space Barbie and not worry about what content is on the menu. Login Rewards. Galactic Seasons. Group Finder. Conquest. Just play and grind and when you're done for the day buy some new outfits off the store.

Not happy at all about removing the DvL toggle

It was really handy for staying neutral or DS1 (because DS > 1 looks horrible) without forcing me to make choices i don't want to make.

This is an excellent point. I made two alts that I want to finish their class stories as neutral. I better dust them both off and get that done before 7.0

so operations is the only way to get the highest level of gear. so in PVP players that don't want to do operations will be at a disadvantage?

that seems to contradict the philosophy statement

since we are returning to a "vertical" gearing system; does that mean we get expertise back on PVP gear to balance out those in operations gear?

I don't really have the time or interest to raid regularly any more; but now I get put at a disadvantage in the game content I want to play (pvp) for not having the time to dedicate to raiding.

If you read the statement pvp has ilvl lock ( different from bolster, according the Chris it's coded from 0) even if you don't pve, you still be BiS for pvp doing only pvp. Pve players won't have any advantage over PvP players in PvP

Hey folks,

What will happen to the Social rewards?

• We are converting the system from awarding points based on conversation choices to instead reward grouping for activities. Details of the changes are:
    • Achievements have been reworked to now require Group Finder activities rather than Social Levels.
    • The character titles which previously came with the achievements are now exclusive to those who already completed the Achievement. For 7.0 and forward, the updated Achievements will grant Legacy Titles of the same titles (rather than Character ones).
    • These Achievements will gate the visibility and purchase of the items on Social vendors. As players progress through the achievements, more items will become available.
    • The two fleet social vendors will be moved to the Cantina area on both fleets and have all Social items previously available.
    • The old vendors around the galaxy will still be available, but they will only have inventory based on the player's achievement progress.

-eric

I am a little confused by this. Are individual characters that already have a social level keeping their social level and access to the associated items in 7.0? Or are my Social II Inquisitor's favorite shoes (which require Social II) going to become unwearable for her in 7.0?

Also, having to use Group finder if I ever want to use old event armors on new characters is a real bummer. For example, the legacy bound Sand People Bloodguard and Republic Containment Officer sets, which for some bizarre reason were released with a social level requirement.

Hey folks,

[*]Starting today, Renown and Social Legacy Perks will have their Cartel Coin price reduced to 1

[*]Renown Boosts will be removed from the Cartel Market next Monday, November 8th. Until then, they will be discounted by 90%

I checked a few minutes ago and the Character Perk Renown boost (Improved Renown Experience I-V) are still 25+cc.

Are these going to see this reduction, or was it only the global unlock? I've had the global unlock for some time, so I don't know if it applied.

Would love to know who makes these design choices. They obviously don't play the game themselves. Do they put little pieces of paper in a hat and draw them out to make these choices? Or a dart board and blindfold someone and whatever they hit goes in...the only good thing so far is weapons in the outfitter. Also.....still no damn customizations for Twi'lek....it's been 10 years and nothing.... grumble... Edited by Grymmjow

I'm sorry you liked them and are losing something you liked, but GOOD RIDDANCE. amplifiers were a terrible credit sink that hit everyone across the board regardless of how many credits they carried. it's literally a flat tax that means nothing to the rich but absolutely guts the poor. if you have a billion or more, you don't even bat an eyelash at rolling ten times on a legendary. if you're under 100m, you don't even roll legos b/c you cannot afford to or you have to do just one per week. and there are HOW MANY SLOTS to roll for?

I'm not saying amps as a form of tweaking gear were bad, but the implementation absolutely decimated my credit stockpile, and I've always subbed and never spent extravagantly on the GTN.

What I need to know really are two big things in general...

Why is the dev team taking active steps BACKWARDS and passing them off as improvements?

Next, and I mean this with all sincerity, why is the dev team EXCITED to show any of these changes off?

I know that the forums are not read by the dev team and so you are seeing none of this feedback. If it were the case devs actually read the feedback here, this would be a very different expansion. As such, the only way I know how to get anyone's attention that may care is to unsubscribe, which I have already done. I don't understand how decisions can be made and implemented that take away player choice at the same time it is advertised we are somehow getting more of it.

Restricting the best gear to the content that a minority of the community takes part in after an entire update of being rewarded the best gear from all sources will never make sense to me. It only shows that you were never confident in the changes made in 6.0 and after letting everyone get used to them, you strip them all away. I have never run a master mode operation in my entire time with this game, outside of master mode EV and KP before they were removed, and I've been playing since the beta. It's not that it's content I don't like, but I am not going to join an operations guild when my group of friends I play the game with has no interest in running them. Now we will lose the chance to get the highest gear by sticking with master flashpoints and that is somehow offering more player choice?

I didn't want this to become a rant as I stated I know it won't even be seen by a single member of the dev team, but this expansion feels like it has gotten absolutely everything all wrong. You have hundreds of players here begging you not to do this and yet we now have no choice but to put up with changes we hate or stop playing altogether.

How are the players that run operations harmed by other players having another route to get the best gear? Give them some other exclusive rewards the way you do with Ranked PvP seasons. Give them achievements for slogging through the hardest content the game offers. Don't punish players that don't or can't run operations because you refuse to implement a reliable system into the game for including them in group finder. I am not leaving my guild just to get some high end gear and it will be impossible to form groups for this sort of content as people stick to guild members only for master ops.

Last point I'll bother to make, I hate all of this. It hurts to leave a game I have stuck with since before day one, but I can't do it any longer. The changes coming in 7.0 are overwhelmingly negative and I am forever baffled as to how the team can be proud of any of this.

Quote from the article:

The majority of gear upgrades will be offered through weekly mission rewards or by trading in reward gear to purchase an upgrade. When a player receives an upgrade as a mission reward, that upgrade will affect the player’s lowest rated equipped piece of gear.

I have a question or more like a statement.

So not only is gear linked to weeklies, but you will reset each weekly we don’t complete. So in effect you aren’t just resetting our content completion, you’re resetting our gear progression each week if someone doesn’t have time to complete it. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You go on in your article how frustrating RNG was for players and make it sound like you came to that conclusion yourself when in fact we explained it all to you before 6.0 was released and during the last 2 years. Not once did you make any alterations to it even though you had plenty of feedback and data to support your now “insightful” conclusion to the last gearing system. :(

So here’s the thing with your new proposed system. The resetting of weeklies and dailies is going to be just as frustrating and annoying because you are purposely changing this to make it so. It’s not RNG, but it’s still a gate to slow or limit players from advancing their gear. Except this time you are penalising the players who will already find it the slowest way to gear because they are limited by their available time to play or worse, by a group finder system that may NOT pop while you’re online. Aka, what about PVPers or GSFers who find it doesn’t pop during their play time and can’t complete the weeklies? You would then go and reset them and their grind to get gear is reset.

On top of that, you have a win only requirement for PVP weeklies. What if your a bad player or unlucky with the teams you are matched with? That means the more lucky players or better players will gear up faster than you which will give them an unfair gearing advantage. Then what happens when the better players are geared and they go back to death matching and not caring if they win or lose? That means new players, returning players, time restricted players, bad players and unlucky players will have to try and get weeklies done to gear up in an environment that doesn’t encourage you to win.

In my situation, I play outside of Primetime due to where I live. So of course there are less people in the queue and YOU GUYS know the matchmaking doesn’t work properly with less people. And because of how matchmaking currently works, sometimes I’m literally expected to carry whole teams of low skilled players against the only premade in the queue or against a teams much better than mine all because I’ve played for a long time and my hidden ELO is relatively high (I expect). So in the off hours of the day when pvp already pops slow, it can be hard to complete the weekly where a win is required. Not only are games not popping enough while I’m on, but the win requirement means I could be at 9/10 for the week. NOW you want to reset it each week and link my gear progression to it as well??

It would be better for you to rethink this resetting mechanic you are adding to the game. By all means link the gearing to weeklies and dailies, etc, but do not go ahead with the resetting of weeklies and dailies, that isn’t a fair mechanic.

OR if you go ahead with the resetting of weeklies and dailies and you link gear progression to them, you WILL drive more players from the game in frustration.

So please Bioware, consider what the feed back has been in the other thread about resetting weeklies and dailies, especially now we know they are linked to gearing. Don’t make the same mistake as last time and ignore the player feedback and drive more players from the game.

Edited by TrixxieTriss