Itemization in 7.0

EricMusco

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is LOL. They're literally throwing out years of improvements made to the game (some that came at a high price and after many missteps) that, in general allowed players to gear up and improve by playing varius content of their choice.

And then the devs wonder why people think that Keith's etlist raiding guild basically dictates the game's direction. It shows on every level. We're going back to ultra archaic 1.0 gearing philosophy and content-preference.

I have NEVER EVER been able to complete the "Complete 3 Master Mode Flashpoints" in a week's time because so few people que for MM's. I think honestly the only character that I have gotten to do MM flashpoints with is my healer. My DPS never, if rarely get in a MM flashpoint. My Tank maybe once or twice. My point is it takes a hell of a lot longer to complete that quest than one week. If I complete just 2/3 and the week goes by, your new system says FU and puts me back at 0/3 for the next week. I call BS.

Same for WZ's. If your at 9/10 wins and the week is up, your system says FU and resets me back to 0/10. Again, this is BS.

Gearing will be so unfair to everyone who doesn't or can't run Op's for gear. Simply put, two players equally talented at their role, one wears Op's gear and the other wears Fp's gear, the Op's player will always have an advantage over everyone else in a WZ (PvP) match. Of course this is BS.

Are you people deliberately trying to get everyone to leave the game? Is that the goal of this 10th year anniversary? Are you guys so over the game that you feel you need to completely ruin any fun playable aspect to it in hopes of getting the game to shut down due to lack of players? I've only complained about 2 things here but so many people have other issues that it feels like your completely ignoring ALL OF US and doing whatever your uninformed bosses are telling you to do. (I had another word for your bosses but decided I didn't want to be banned for life for saying it)

Sadly.....I actually don't think its the devs bosses making these choices......I think the devs are being influenced by the small toxic elitist community for this game. They LOVE these changes. Because it means they are higher then other pleb gamers, and they can "win" with their gear and "status" of "I have this and you don't!" mindset.

I agree 100% with you, these changes will NOT be good for the majority of players, but for the small selfish minority? Oh they will love this.

All I can say is LOL. They're literally throwing out years of improvements made to the game (some that came at a high price and after many missteps) that, in general allowed players to gear up and improve by playing varius content of their choice.

And then the devs wonder why people think that Keith's etlist raiding guild basically dictates the game's direction. It shows on every level. We're going back to ultra archaic 1.0 gearing philosophy and content-preference.

Yep. Sadly. :(

Yeah. This is pretty nuts. I can't get on board with the content/gearing changes.

I literally convinced two or three people to come back to me because this game has a very non-tiered, open progression system. Whatever you do in the game, you felt like you were making progress and advancing your Legacy.

To throw that all away in favor of some poopsock-chasing hardcore nonsense is just insanity to me.

Edited by Herbertllew

To throw that all away in favor of some poopsock-chasing hardcore nonsense is just insanity to me.

I mean, fine. They can chase "hardcore OPS crowd" again. But that crowd will want new content released regularly. Will SWTOR prodivde that? Of course NOT lol, not with the skeleton dev crew left. So what is the literal effing point? "How many different types of players can we alienate in a single swoop?" XD

Edited by Pietrastor

I mean, fine. They can chase "hardcore OPS crowd" again. But that crowd will want new content released regularly. Will SWTOR prodivde that? Of course NOT lol, not with the skeleton dev crew left. So what is the literal effing point? "How many different types of players can we alienate in a single swoop?" XD

Right, it's not like they've come out with new operations remotely regularly. Most of the raiders I know left five years ago and they've missed very little since.

Edited by WaywardOne

Sadly.....I actually don't think its the devs bosses making these choices......I think the devs are being influenced by the small toxic elitist community for this game. They LOVE these changes. Because it means they are higher then other pleb gamers, and they can "win" with their gear and "status" of "I have this and you don't!" mindset.

I agree 100% with you, these changes will NOT be good for the majority of players, but for the small selfish minority? Oh they will love this.

I also don't normally post, but I can agree that the only people who I've ever seen '''like''' these changes are people who know that they are in the 0.1% that will Lord over everyone and are some of the most toxic individuals around.

The update will be great for sales teams and inflation trillionaires. The rest of us will have to just deal.

sigh. so i come back to the game, actualy enjoying myself again....

only to see that just about everything that helped me enjoy myself right now... is getting changed?

AGAIN???

making weeklies reset each week is going to guarantee that I will almost never complete one. making rotating content as focus of weeklies instead of just letting us do whatever we feel like at any point, is EXACTLY THE VERY REASON why I stopped playing GW2 back when they implemented very similar system.

I'm not even sure I'm understanding changes to social system... I did have at least 2 characters that maxed their social ranks before a lot of the changes, years ago. what happens to them?? are their achievements grandfathered into the legacy or do i have to redo them?

doubling the requirements for conquest and therefore making it harder to complete on multiple characters is why I stopped playing SWTOR last time I quit for a few years.

why do you guys make improvements... only back down on it and make things worse all over again? why? genuine question?

only things that genuinely made me excited other then new story/areas to explore is shared tagging and weapons in costume designer. but those are just not nearly enough to compensate for all the other changes that pretty much guarantee for me at least that I will not be resubscribing after my current sub runs out (I did consider it, until reading more info on expansion) and will just wait for you to hopeful come to your senses again.

My issues:

1. Story, exploration, chapters, and more are conquest only, if your character reached 100k then zero gear rewards are provided.

2. If you bought Flashpoint gear, you cannot upgrade it with specialized tokens obtained from PvP/GSF or just regular gear tokens from Conquest. This seems to punish players who play everything?

3. You cannot obtain max gear level without farming the newest operation on veteran over and over again.

So let's start with this simple question - what does SWTOR have to offer someone who has played since launch or for many years?

The answer is not much in in terms of new content. However it offered a game space to hop on, create a new character and quickly complete it with a full set of 306 gear and set bonus in under a week. This let players like myself have fun with a wide variety of different classes & specs in both PVP & PVE without having to dedicate an exorbitant amount of time to the game doing old content that I've completed a million times over.

From what I can tell, this new system completely removes my ability to play in such a way.

If you were to guarantee that content would be released at a reasonable pace - let's say 2 finished raids a year, then yes I would say that this is a viable gearing system. However based on your track record these past few years you've shown that you can't provide such a steady stream of content. Therefor this new gearing system makes no sense SWTOR.

If you're going to force people to spend weeks going through years old content every time they want to try a different class or spec, then you're going to kill the appeal of the game which is Flexibility & Speed.

That is not to say the the current gearing system is perfect, it definitely has its flaws. But what it does right, is that it lets people enjoy the limited content that is available in this game the way they want to.

Also DO NOT lock mods behind 334 ilvl, an ilvl which most people clearly won't get to under this new system. Mods are a really cool aspect of character customization in SWTOR.

Edited by micnevv

I really hope they're not pulling an NGE here. Especially with the contract for the game coming up.

The NGE was a necessary and ultimate successful update to counter dropping subscriber numbers, though it was unpopular with some existing players for understandable reasons. This is a completely different situation.

Exactly this, please don't remove the toggle. It makes it so much easier to make characters who are Neutral, and mold them how we want them. Alternatively, keeping characters at certain LS/DS levels.

It was as always a system I hated, my alignment was decided by a toggle rather than my dialogue choices never sat right with me and I have been waiting for the day it became optional or got removed.

That’s only in War zones or arena. What if you regularly play in the open world pvp instance to play the rest of the game.? I exclusively use the pvp instance.

That means anyone who plays operations as well as pvp will have a distinct advantage over you in an OWPVP situation.

No, because tert stats are also synced on planets in the new system. Everyone's going to be on the same playing field.

On another note:

Players can run the content multiple times per week, but the guaranteed upgrade mission reward will only be awarded for the first three runs. Beyond the first three runs, players will receive currency that can be used towards upgrades.

The use of "players" here has me slightly concerned. Is this a legacy rate-limit, or a character rate-limit for gearing?

Edited by Crystal_Mind
Adding question

I've had a non stop subscription for the 5+ years I've been playing this game and I've now unsubbed. When 7.0 was first announced I was incredibly excited that finally my Light Warrior/Inquisitor could swap to the combat styles of their Jedi counterpart - and then that excitement immediately vanished when the rest of the info came out about nerfing classes and forcing you to choose between utilities/abilities that you always had access to. I was reluctantly willing to give it a chance but every new bit of information about 7.0 that came out filled me with dread. This however was the final nail in the coffin for me. My sub doesn't run out until January so I will see the story on some of my classes (most of my Imperial's however are STILL stuck waiting to advance their story because of the Saboteur bug that is still not fixed) and then I am done with this game until -maybe- the next story segment.

6.0 gearing had issues for sure, but it is leagues better than this. You could do whatever type of content you wanted and always progress with your gear, but with 7.0 that's impossible. As a solo player my only way to gear is through conquest (now doubled in points!) and running stuff like Dailies/Weeklies that now reset. This is incredibly unfriendly for the player and takes away choice. I have stuck with the game through some horrid decisions (5.0 was torture) but this is just a step too far. You managed to kill my excitement and enthusiasm for the game bit by bit, and this was the final part that just made me say no more. I'm truly saddened by these decisions the devs are making.

I mean, I don't have to stay subscribe to enjoy the story, and it looks like solo players won't be able to get purple gear anyway... so why stay subscribed? I guess in a way it makes it easier to play as preferred, as a third crew skill is going to be as useless as crew skills altogether now too...

I canceled, we'll see in February when it runs out if I want to continue or not.

At this point it will really depend on how good the story is.

I applaud the efforts to balance classes. I applaud the quality of life changes. I applaud the ability to play stories with different combat styles, but when it comes to how we gear, I really don't understand how the Devs can miss the mark so badly. 5.0 was a living hell. 6.0 and beyond... a course correction and some very great changes made to how we do things. I thought the gearing progression system was totally fine. You could get your tech frags how you wanted. If you wanted to group you could group. If you like to solo, you could solo.

The 7.0 changes seem to be pretty much nothing but taking away our options and our choices. To a dark place this line of thought will take us. Please BW, rethink this nonsense before you do something that drives a lot of people away.

Edited by Kirtastropohe

No, because tert stats are also synced on planets in the new system. Everyone's going to be on the same playing field.

On another note:

The use of "players" here has me slightly concerned. Is this a legacy rate-limit, or a character rate-limit for gearing?

That’s all well and good for low planets, but what about the new lvl 76-80 planets or zones?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I've played off and on for years as one of those that bought the game at launch. I've been back since April/May'ish as a sub.

The reason for my last multi-year break? I was being forced to play content I didn't want to do for gear purposes. It was NOT fun. It's what ruined my experience so I stopped playing. When I came back, people explained the current 306 gear system. I was ecstatic! I could play anything that 'I' wanted to and be able to get gear equal with all players regardless of content.

And we're going back.... back to where gear is locked behind content. I can't really express how sad this makes me.

That’s all well and good for low planets, but about the new lvl 76-80 planets or zones?

I suspect Bioware assumes that the overlap between players who engage in high-end raiding and players who hang out in max-level OW-PvP zones is small enough that it's not worth the effort to mitigate. Whether this assessment is justified, I don't know. I also run in PvP instances, but I rarely see another soul.

It was as always a system I hated, my alignment was decided by a toggle rather than my dialogue choices never sat right with me and I have been waiting for the day it became optional or got removed.

Here's my issue. I want to easily be able to influence what dialogue I hear. I want my Neutral Warrior to say the Neutral lines, despite maybe picking more LS choices because they made sense or vice versa. Taking the toggle away makes it a lot harder for me to achieve this.

You can say, well, it's only a few lines/things that change based on alignment so it shouldn't matter that much, but those little dialogue choices are what keeps me coming back to make new characters. I don't want to waste time trying to do other things to get my alignment where I want it before continuing with the story.

What I feel they should do, since they're doing away with the DvL stuff as a whole is let us have the toggle if we want it or allow us to turn it off in the options should we want that instead. Give us the choice to have the toggle or not. It's not like LS/DS points affect anything outside of your character's story, so why can't it be an option in the options menu? I admit, I would be curious to see where my "Neutral" characters would really fall given only their choices, so would love to turn it off at least once!

Also, another change that would at least make me a little happier since they're doing away with the toggle is the option to finally pick what tier DS corruption we want visible on our characters. If they gave us something like that, that'd be nice too.

Sooooo... How about story players? Will we get absolutely no rewards towards gearing doing stories? I mean, we were getting renown before at least, which gave us tech fragments and gear... So now we get nothing?

I'm so glad I'm done leveling alts because it sounds awful.