Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Bandelederen

Dont know if anyone picked up on the fact that the guy is level 50, and "Didn't" have enough time to react to the guy killing his friend... lets stop posting here, it is clear that its more of a learn to play issue for this guy, over that class being Overpowered...

Enless he took a arrow to the knee, at the point the oprative opened then his reaction times have failed him in the PvP academy.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only bad players i know of are the ones who have to play a op class to survive.

How are they really OP? I read through all the pages and all I see is spectulations, nothing more, no facts, no proof, nothing. I have Tropper, BH and Sage and had little to no issues at all fighting against Scounderals or Operatives.

I feel that people are just blindly charging into a mass of players expecting to win with their "special unique snowflake hybrid spec" and got focused down by a single person cause their skill level and play style was actually better.

Until I see proof; hard facts, the only real solutionsis really L2P, sorry.

so i see - for many ppl getting bursted by one class in 3gcd and in single stun is the right idea ?

i bet you love wow rogues right .. common - check sometimes endsocre of warzones, and what are biggest hits.. average is 2-2,5k. Why should one class be able to do twice?

2x the biggest hit of every other class? you are too conservative. try 3x to 4x the biggest hit.

so i see - for many ppl getting bursted by one class in 3gcd and in single stun is the right idea ?

i bet you love wow rogues right .. common - check sometimes endsocre of warzones, and what are biggest hits.. average is 2-2,5k. Why should one class be able to do twice?

Do you really want all us good sub rogues to roll sorc's? You won't like it. I could do 400 k dmg a game with the PVE spec (this was the BAD PVP SPEC) in beta. The class is a joke. It is a simplified shadow priest as madness or the simplicity of an arcane mage as lightning.

There are a few challenging classes in this game and all of them are melee. Try rolling a sentinel/marauder and pugging against all sorc/bh teams. Have fun with that! The rest of the classes are faceroll and the only hard thing about healing atm is the UI which will be made faceroll just like it was in WoW.

Scoundrels don't outdmg sorc/bh's commandos/sages when played at equal skill level. They do a tad LESS overall warzone dmg. They also can't shield their teamates, and if you offheal your dmg takes a MAJOR hit because you have to stay in range.

What two classes make up the majority of warzones? The ez mode ones. Remove their counter and the problem will get even larger.

This entire thread is a joke. I do LESS dmg on a scoundrel/op then a sage/sorc bh/commando and heal for less as well.

Am I making threads crying about that? Nope. Why? Because I have no desire to play a faceroll class. Go ahead and make a scoundrel/op and do more warzone damage then your sorc/bh. I dare you. When you don't? Come back here and say you were wrong.

Do I outdmg players in pugs? Yup. Why? Because they suck.

Edited by biowareftw

Do you really want all us good sub rogues to roll sorc's? You won't like it. I could do 400 k dmg a game with the PVE spec (this was the BAD PVP SPEC) in beta. The class is a joke. It is a simplified shadow priest as madness or the simplicity of an arcane mage as lightning.

There are a few challenging classes in this game and all of them are melee. Try rolling a sentinel/marauder and pugging against all sorc/bh teams. Have fun with that! The rest of the classes are faceroll and the only hard thing about healing atm is the UI which will be made faceroll just like it was in WoW.

Scoundrels don't outdmg sorc/bh's commandos/sages when played at equal skill level. They do a tad LESS overall warzone dmg. They also can't shield their teamates, and if you offheal your dmg takes a MAJOR hit because you have to stay in range.

What two classes make up the majority of warzones? The ez mode ones. Remove their counter and the problem will get even larger.

This entire thread is a joke. I do LESS dmg on a scoundrel/op then a sage/sorc bh/commando and heal for less as well.

Am I making threads crying about that? Nope. Why? Because I have no desire to play a faceroll class. Go ahead and make a scoundrel/op and do more warzone damage then your sorc/bh. I dare you. When you don't? Come back here and say you were wrong.

Do I outdmg players in pugs? Yup. Why? Because they suck.

Hi Mr. Operative

The only bad players i know of are the ones who have to play a op class to survive.

What about the ones crying about getting wrecked by a 50 in full PvP gear before they are 50 or have gear themselves? Are those the good players?

Tracer missile - 2.7k hits

Lightning stirke - 2.3 - 2.5k hits

MARAUDERS!

Im sorry but everything at 50 is hitting hard... You got RNG critted. Once.

you're posting 2.3 to 2.7 crits and boasting?

ops have gone on record to note openers ranging from 6 to 8K.

let me help you out on this one.... 2.3K x 3 = 6.9K... just a tad less than an operative opener..

so kudos to you 3 tracers in a single attack.. with a knockdown to boot.. sign me up for that!!!

Guys, operative needs toned down slightly, stop denying it, seriously. The good ops will still wreck face when they're nerfed. Jarring strike to 2s, 10% HS nerf, or 15% acid blade nerf, will make it a lot more balanced... just not all three.

Not sure how true it is. There has been very little experience by really anyone at this point. I'm very much against knee jerk reaction nerfs(see slicing nerf). It's better to take things slowly. What happens when people are all 50 with pvp gear on? Are they still as effective? What happens when the operatives cooldowns are down? How much does the operative contribute to completing the objectives in pvp(those things that win you the game).

All I've seen is the occasional person say they got curb stomped. That doesn't necessarily mean the operative was overpowered.

you're posting 2.3 to 2.7 crits and boasting?

ops have gone on record to note openers ranging from 6 to 8K.

let me help you out on this one.... 2.3K x 3 = 6.9K... just a tad less than an operative opener..

so kudos to you 3 tracers in a single attack.. with a knockdown to boot.. sign me up for that!!!

Its embarrisng for me to belive that people like you consider yourself a pvper... Your crying about Burst. Burst = Alot of damage fast, but then a HUGE drop off...

So now we know that they have a sevire drop in there damage after there opener... you just have to work with that.. they dont have any leaps etc to get to you... easily kiteable. Where as get a sorc or BH merc at range... and they can pump damage forever... thats why were always top of the charts...

And dont come back with the "OH ZEY WHILL STELF AGAIN" because no... if they stealth again your running faster and you have no excuse to be caught by them and can run from them till out of combat and regen... alternitivly. you can just stand there till they open. Then you die. Then you make a thread.

debilitate isn't a gap closer, what are you going to do get in melee range, to use your melee stun, to get the sprint buff, to close the gap on the target you're already at? oh and do it every 30 seconds.

stealth isn't a gap closer, you don't move as fast as anyone that's not in stealth. It gives you the ability to pick your fights but you aren't catching up to anyone who's running away from you while in stealth. Last time i checked assassin gets an out of combat sprint (outside of the lvl 15 run buff). Yeah they can hit you with sleep dart, but if you're using cc to get out of sleep dart, you're playing into their hand.

Vanish=op? put a dot on them

Hi Mr. Operative

Hi Mr. haven't played any class cept BH/Sorc. Like I said you hard counter sentinels/marauders. We hard counter you. Without a hard counter you would be OP.

Classes I can do more warzone damage on then an operative/scoundrel

Balance/Madness sage/sorc.

Tele/Lightning sage sorc.

Maul spam specced Assassin and it's mirror

BH/commando any freakin spec.

Guardian/Juggernaut focus specced with a healbot attached to me (aoe cleaves for 5 k on level 50's).

Powertech/Vanguard (because morons stand together).

Want to know why sentinel/marauder isn't listed? Because warones are packed with their counters.

Want to know something? Bioware saw the exact same thing in beta. I had to TRY to die on my sorcerer. Most sorc/sages and BH/Commandos don't even use their slow, never heal themselves, never shield/heal teammates, use all their cc at once (morons) and blow their trinket at the wrong time. Sages/sorc don't force speed and use line of site to heal themselves. They do EVERYTHING wrong.

Even while playing BADLY they still usually top the charts. But yeah nerf their counter. Bad play does not call for nerfs.

Edited by biowareftw

Its embarrisng for me to belive that people like you consider yourself a pvper... Your crying about Burst. Burst = Alot of damage fast, but then a HUGE drop off...

So now we know that they have a sevire drop in there damage after there opener... you just have to work with that.. they dont have any leaps etc to get to you... easily kiteable. Where as get a sorc or BH merc at range... and they can pump damage forever... thats why were always top of the charts...

And dont come back with the "OH ZEY WHILL STELF AGAIN" because no... if they stealth again your running faster and you have no excuse to be caught by them and can run from them till out of combat and regen... alternitivly. you can just stand there till they open. Then you die. Then you make a thread.

Care to tell me how you're contributing to the fight if you're constantly running away while out of combat?

yeah.. after that 8k dmg... they serverly drop off to 2-4k dmg per attack. about what i do on average from the start. I feel bad for them.. and that huge drop off.. why can't they just do 8k hits on ALL attacks.. it needs to be BURST the entire way yes? idiot

People will always whine and cry nerf when they get beat by a certain class.

I'd like it if a HUGE portion of my damage wasn't tied to opening from stealth. If I'm knocked out of stealth, I am instantly gimp compared to another class. But this is the class I chose and I will deal with the strengths and weakness compared to other classes.

I suggest the whiners do the same.

debilitate isn't a gap closer, what are you going to do get in melee range, to use your melee stun, to get the sprint buff, to close the gap on the target you're already at? oh and do it every 30 seconds.

stealth isn't a gap closer, you don't move as fast as anyone that's not in stealth. It gives you the ability to pick your fights but you aren't catching up to anyone who's running away from you while in stealth. Last time i checked assassin gets an out of combat sprint (outside of the lvl 15 run buff). Yeah they can hit you with sleep dart, but if you're using cc to get out of sleep dart, you're playing into their hand.

Vanish=op? put a dot on them

you clearly have read nothing posted to date. you're an idiot.

stealth is the closer to get to any target you want. after that you need no closer.. because they die in 3seconds.

as for your dot.. ram it somewhere.. as said before.. avoidance training plus vanish makes your dots inconsequential. you are the regular fodder i roll over.. and care little about. it is the good players.. playing the op class that causes the issue.

yeah.. after that 8k dmg... they serverly drop off to 2-4k dmg per attack. about what i do on average from the start. I feel bad for them.. and that huge drop off.. why can't they just do 8k hits on ALL attacks.. it needs to be BURST the entire way yes? idiot

Do we have a screen shot, video, something? Because we have a video. That video that got posted earlier. You know that video people are referring you too? I'm just curious if you've seen the video yet.

How about go watch the video just made of a 50 Scoundrel and come back with that 8k nonsense.

No offense, but i just looked at the pvp threads to see which nerf was being called for next. As someone who doesnt regularly pvp and am part of the silent masses i would like to ask people not to be so ragingly visciouse, as long as the charecters is nicely balanced for the actual game who cares??? I dont buy a game just for pvp but to enjoy the whole thing. So please less of the nerf calls

im goin to get my but chewed for this i know lol :rolleyes: