New Augments in 6.1.4 - Feedback

DanielSteed

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my feedback: I am someone who sells dozens of augments every week but I will never sell any of these because you couldn't even pay me to do ranked PVP

Apparently BWs answer is for you to participate in the

robust trading economy that rewards those who make these scarce materials available either via the Galactic Trade Network

Just like the rest of us are supposed to spend hundreds of millions of credits for the same reason.

I personally agree with you. I will not be involved in this stupidity.

Edited by KendraP

Dear BioWare:

We're already three pages in and there is not a single positive reply.

I'm confident we could go another 30 pages and still have 100% negative replies.

We are watching closely how you handle this.

If you don't change this DRASTICALLY before it goes live, you will forever lose any and all credibility when you claim to listen to your user base.

I say again: 100% of the feedback is negative. Are you really going to go forward with this as-is?

--Dianiss

Another crafter voting against this proposed update. It could be renamed the Chinese Gold Farmer Full Employment Act. These mats will trade at tens to hundreds of millions each and the finished augs near a billion. And the pvp folks will pay, while the NiM raiders will farm these for fortunes.

I already sell every purple 286 aug I can make in minutes for millions, yet my best toons wear the blue 276 augs to accomplish virtually all game content. Sales of the 286 augs have been brisk for months, with little drop in price. At 70 million+ to equip a standard toon, many are already turning to the farmers. This proposal will have them needing multiple booths on Fleet.

It also appears that rather than learning from the grade 11 crafting fiasco, we are repeating it here on a grander scale. Tons of mats, most at inflated prices, for minimal improvement. Making the critical pvp or pve mats interchangeable, cutting the numbers to 3 to 5, from 45+ proposed, and offering them as drops in the content the want-to-be raiders or pvpers could do, if that is in fact, the target market. Dropping them in vet mode, or non-endgame pvp is how the folks who would need the help are going to get it.

I am just going to sell any mats I get. No point crafting the new augments. Potential income vs minor effect benefit (some stats are capped and/or need to hit certain levels) and time required make it a no brainer decision. Even if the class benefit would be greater, the required grind is insane.

This grind has hit new levels of stupidity. All it is going to achieve is to funnel tons of credits to a tiny group of players that doesn't need any new augments and who will farm the content for credits with the old augments, create more inflation. I suppose that either no one at BW has any notion of economy if they complain about some players sitting on too many credits or they try to utterly favour a few guilds filled with friends while consciously or unconsciously making (the latter is scarier) this game less and less accessible to many, especially new players. I made tons of credtis out of Vet Queen yet it was just for the MH and it required only 2 mats. Farming Vet Queen then gave me the means to make even more money in 6.0+ despite spending billions on various items, including set bonus for various classes for my 40+ toons that new people or casuals struggle to get for a single toon. This is Vet Queen E10 unless many people chose to ignore it...

One good thing about 6.0 is that it allowed new people and some former casuals to gear up and face harder content without an endless grind. When groups for HM and NIM (not counting EV and KP) become hard to form (re: lack of real content) you want to open the doors to good new players to join in . The 6.0 gearing system allowed it and it made playing and testing alts fun. If this game had constant new relevant content it might be different but we are grinding the same old stuff over and over as it is now; only fun groups of people and friends are keeping me playing.

As for the mats in PVP, notwithstanding the insane required amount, it will just increase the toxicity if they are tied to wins.

Edited by Eriamea

that idea is fantastic.

the targeted people who would profit from these augments,

won't get them, because they would need to farm other stuff

and stop their progress.

we all know that the most won't need the augments,

but wanna have them. so the players will sell the mats

for insane prices and so you directly are supporting

credit sellers; until everybody realises how long it will

take to equip their toons.

at the end it is just a hugh new frustration level, for no reason.

so if you are coming home and wanna jump into the star wars

galaxy, you will start squadrons, not swtor. so thanks for supporting

squadrons with that patch.

Edited by fabsus

I suppose that either no one at BW has any notion of economy if they complain about some players sitting on too many credits or they try to utterly favour a few guilds filled with friends while consciously or unconsciously making (the latter is scarier) this game less and less accessible to many, especially new players. .

I think you hit the jackpot here. Filled with friends and the devs themselves I would add (I think everyone here is familiar what the lead dev likes to do in game). It is my feeling as well and it has been for a long a time. For me this is part (if not all) the reason for the game's sad state. Seen it before with other MMO's.

Edited by ExarSun

No point crafting the new augments.

(some stats are capped and/or need to hit certain levels)

Regarding that ^ , couple questions for those who are testing:

1. What do the new augments even have, stat-wise? 4 stats ? 5 stats? And just the same basic core stats like 286's or are there new 'set bonus' type stats or something different on the new 300's ?

2. Do the new augments require Augmentation Kit Mk-11's or a brand new MK-12 version?

Thanks.

- Are Cybertechs happy with the CM-1337 material?

Cybertechs are pretty apathetic about an item they will never, ever craft. What would make Cybertechs happy is being able to use reusable stims, medpacs and adrenals instead of cursing their choice of crew skills.

How about no new augments in general? Do a Nightmare Power thing like was done in 2.0 (and this can be done retroactively) or just nerf the raids if people aren't clearing them to your satisfaction. If you are dead set on new augments make sure they don't affect the old raids. In MM, they are well balanced, so hopefully the new augments won't cause a problem with that this would be easy to do by increasing numbers with Power/Mastery rather than tertiary stat. I haven't looked at the PTS yet to know for sure.

Hello everyone!

Following Chris Schmidt's announcement of new Augments, they are now available for testing on PTS. This will be a new tier of Augments that can be crafted by Cybertechs.

- How do the augments perform?

- How does the inflow of materials from PvE and PvP feel?

- Are Cybertechs happy with the CM-1337 material?

- Do the schematics take too long?

Let us know your thoughts!

My thought, what drugs are you guys on? Seriously, do you actually listen to the forum, or do you have your own little cabal that nods at every stupid idea you have? It's a crazy stupid thing to do, there are so many other things you could fix, or improve, but you go for this.......YOU are losing subs, i know it means nothing now, with all the steam people coming in, but down the road it will matter.

Edited by DarkTergon

Dear Bioware,

i'm afraid this is goin to be monumental fail.

I can't remember a most negative feedback filled thread than this.

Focus on the "Play you way" philosophy, allow PVP'ers to obtain the required materials only playing what they like and same for PVE players. In other words, let people play what they like the most, otherwise a big slice of the playerbase will get frustrated.

As a PVP only player i honestly don't wanna rely too much on Bolster for my gear: if there are augments better than the ones i'm equipping then i want them. Allow me, and a lot of other players, to reach this new tier playing what we like the most.

About the robust economy thing: before these augz will be availble on th GTN (which implies most of crafters have finished to augment their own gear) months will pass, and maybe more, same about the crafting materials. Nonsense, simply nonsesne and it sounds more like a way to make us chill about it, you perfectly now it will require ages.

Focus more on new set-bonuses, new PVP events, arenas, tournaments, titles and, operations and much more. New augments are ok as long as are accessible to everybody and obatinable in a funny way, not via this no-brain grinding method.

And no: i don't think that if you need the gear according to what you play the most in terms of content. If i wanna reach the max tier of gear available (augments included) only through Space Combat (LOL!) then i must be free to play like this.

Don't let me scream out of my window in October "You were my brother Bioware!"

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

I have two quick updates for you regarding Augments on PTS. The vendor selling these Augments (just for PTS purposes) can now properly be found on the Fleet. Look for the Spoil of War vendors Takanna and Nitoo. Secondly, we have adjusted the crafting material requirements for the new CM-1337 Augments. The new cost per Augment is:

- 14 RPM-13 (down from 25).

- 7 OEM-37 (down from 15).

- 5 Legendary Embers (this material remains unchanged).

While the material requirements have changed, we are planning to keep the drop chances the same as outlined in the initial post by Chris Schmidt. Let us know your thoughts!

Dear Bioware,

This is the first time that I have ever posted - But I felt compelled to post in response to this idea!!!

First off I would like to ask what on earth are you thinking? I love this game and overall the developers do a good job. However this idea is absurd!

So for the new augments you are going to force PVE players who's MAIN focus is PVE to go into Ranked PVP which including myself they will be terrible at. We will have to force ourselves to get to the required Valor rank then finally we get into Ranked PVP where we will be useless and the GENUINE PVP players will get completely PISSED OFF because suddenly you will have a lot of players playing PVP who really have no idea what they are doing.

You will also be completely undermining the genuine PVP players who have spent years getting to the positions they are at and who genuinely love PVP. Way to go with pissing of this half of the SWTOR players.

Then we turn to the PVE side and the other half of the players, You want PVP players to do PVE and OPS runs?! WHAT THE HELL?! The PVP players will not know what they are doing. Also with it being NIM OPS runs...Are you CRAZY?!

No guild doing HM/NIM runs is going to pug a player they will 99.9% of the time only run these with friends and fellow guild members as you need to be with a group that knows how each other plays and can communicate quickly, precisely and effectively and most of all trust each other to do the right thing.

What I see happening is the Hardcore Raiding guilds offering paid runs to run a player through which out of all the players only a small percentage of them will be able to pay the money for the multiple runs they will need to get enough of the materials for the augments.

At the end of the day PVP players play PVP because that is what they ENJOY and want to be the best at. PVE players play PVE because that is what they ENJOY and want to do the end game content and the OPS.

Forcing PVP'ers to do PVE and PVE'ers to do PVP is a TERRIBLE IDEA. You will end up with a lot of players pissed off because they will think that you (Bioware) are not listening to the players and worse still people quitting because they are being forced into playing a part of the game which they are not interested in for the new augments. YOU WILL LOSE PLAYERS.

Instead of bringing in a new tier of augments which is really not needed. Concentrate on fixing existing bugs and focus on CONTENT PLEASE. Bring out more events, when you bring out a major update don't just give us a story quest that takes a couple of hours we want something EPIC. That is why we stay.

Edited by HadesPrime

Hey everyone!

I have two quick updates for you regarding Augments on PTS. The vendor selling these Augments (just for PTS purposes) can now properly be found on the Fleet. Look for the Spoil of War vendors Takanna and Nitoo. Secondly, we have adjusted the crafting material requirements for the new CM-1337 Augments. The new cost per Augment is:

While the material requirements have changed, we are planning to keep the drop chances the same as outlined in the initial post by Chris Schmidt. Let us know your thoughts!

Step in the right direction with the amount of mats required, but you need to still revisit the plan on blending pvp and pve only mats into the equation. I would make it 1 type of mat that can be acquired in each of these playstyles. That way you aren't forcing players to enter game modes they don't enjoy (not to mention enticing win trading once again). It also may have the added benefit of players seeing playing both modes as a way to speed up the grind vs a mandatory aspect they must do. Then you'd have more activity in both but without as much resentment. The argument that players can sell it themselves is a bad one with the inflation in game. Players who are newer to the game but ready to engage in the harder content would in essence be paywalled. And that likely leads to more credit seller business than Cartel Market business to make it up.

Edited by Jamtas

Cybertechs are pretty apathetic about an item they will never, ever craft. What would make Cybertechs happy is being able to use reusable stims, medpacs and adrenals instead of cursing their choice of crew skills.

What would make me happy is getting pyro grenades scaled to level 75 not the same ones we've been using since 65. Havent gotten new tier of grenades in 2 expacs, WTB 75 pyro nades. Maybe even reusable pyro nades?

Edited by GhOsTPrOz

Hey everyone!

Same chances?

Great!, Solo ranqued players will now only need 23.33 weeks of RNG drop changes to get the pvp part of mats for a single CM-1337 instead of 41.66 weeks.

/s

Really, just forget about this augment that no one asked for. You want to reward those activities? place better and cool cosmetics in there.

If y'all were genuinely interested in what the community had to say, y'all wouldn't be plugging augments, or any gear at all right now. You'd fix what was already here, so that when I open an item for a preview, it wouldn't show some random item instead. You'd fix the upside down flairs on tooltips when rolling over a player. You'd introduce a housing system, that lets players -live- in those cities y'all created. There are literally thousands of things that need to be fixed, and there are hundreds of others that would vastly improve the game. NONE OF THEM ARE MORE GEAR.

Please, stop the madness. Gear is not content. Its lazy.

Dear Bioware,

This is the first time that I have ever posted - But I felt compelled to post in response to this idea!!!

First off I would like to ask what on earth are you thinking? I love this game and overall the developers do a good job. However this idea is absurd!

So for the new augments you are going to force PVE players who's MAIN focus is PVE to go into Ranked PVP which including myself they will be terrible at. We will have to force ourselves to get to the required Valor rank then finally we get into Ranked PVP where we will be useless and the GENUINE PVP players will get completely PISSED OFF because suddenly you will have a lot of players playing PVP who really have no idea what they are doing.

You will also be completely undermining the genuine PVP players who have spent years getting to the positions they are at and who genuinely love PVP. Way to go with pissing of this half of the SWTOR players.

Then we turn to the PVE side and the other half of the players, You want PVP players to do PVE and OPS runs?! WHAT THE HELL?! The PVP players will not know what they are doing. Also with it being NIM OPS runs...Are you CRAZY?!

No guild doing HM/NIM runs is going to pug a player they will 99.9% of the time only run these with friends and fellow guild members as you need to be with a group that knows how each other plays and can communicate quickly, precisely and effectively and most of all trust each other to do the right thing.

What I see happening is the Hardcore Raiding guilds offering paid runs to run a player through which out of all the players only a small percentage of them will be able to pay the money for the multiple runs they will need to get enough of the materials for the augments.

At the end of the day PVP players play PVP because that is what they ENJOY and want to be the best at. PVE players play PVE because that is what they ENJOY and want to do the end game content and the OPS.

Forcing PVP'ers to do PVE and PVE'ers to do PVP is a TERRIBLE IDEA. You will end up with a lot of players pissed off because they will think that you (Bioware) are not listening to the players and worse still people quitting because they are being forced into playing a part of the game which they are not interested in for the new augments. YOU WILL LOSE PLAYERS.

Instead of bringing in a new tier of augments which is really not needed. Concentrate on fixing existing bugs and focus on CONTENT PLEASE. Bring out more events, when you bring out a major update don't just give us a story quest that takes a couple of hours we want something EPIC. That is why we stay.

This was an awesome, on point post. To summarize the above comments and posts... are you freaking kidding me? This is a terrible idea, abandon it and just say it was an early April Fools Day joke.

Hey everyone!

The concept of a grind in a mmo makes sense and having something to aim for and play to gain like gear upgrades or in this case augments isn't wrong, its just... you want us players to run content we don't primarily want to do to farm them for the content we want to do?

For anyone currently progressing Nightmare Dxun or playing Ranked Warzones aiming for a top 3 title, continuing with that instead of playing some alternative content they don't like to do (for a Dxun raider doing group ranked or for a Ranked PvP player running Nightmare operations) is better. Wiping on boss fights, getting further and further into the fight while you learn to do the mechanics correctly or playing ranked, getting gradually better at ability usage, tactics and dealing with new situations will be better than grinding these augment materials.

If the augments took less time or were simply a byproduct of running content that you wanted to play anyway their introduction is fine and makes sense, but by splitting the required augment material in two different components you are actually working against what you set out to do. Merge the PvP and PvE materials into one and readjust your drop rate and/or number required per augment, it will still be a grind and it will still take time, just players will be doing content that they actually enjoy.

The concept of a grind in a mmo makes sense and having something to aim for and play to gain like gear upgrades or in this case augments isn't wrong, its just... you want us players to run content we don't primarily want to do to farm them for the content we want to do?

For anyone currently progressing Nightmare Dxun or playing Ranked Warzones aiming for a top 3 title, continuing with that instead of playing some alternative content they don't like to do (for a Dxun raider doing group ranked or for a Ranked PvP player running Nightmare operations) is better. Wiping on boss fights, getting further and further into the fight while you learn to do the mechanics correctly or playing ranked, getting gradually better at ability usage, tactics and dealing with new situations will be better than grinding these augment materials.

If the augments took less time or were simply a byproduct of running content that you wanted to play anyway their introduction is fine and makes sense, but by splitting the required augment material in two different components you are actually working against what you set out to do. Merge the PvP and PvE materials into one and readjust your drop rate and/or number required per augment, it will still be a grind and it will still take time, just players will be doing content that they actually enjoy.

I rarely agree with Riku, but on this I 100% agree. Every point is spot on and makes logical sense.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

... Boy why are you ignoring the main complaint.

But I learned to start feedback with positive ones. Lowering the requirement to that value was good... I would write more positive feedback if there would be any.

First with this requirement make that item drop for each partymember per boss kill and not just one for the entire group. You want people to play more nim. That would be the way.

But hear me here. Don't force people to play a mode they don't want to. That isn't to hard to understand. I think it was Chris who said it in the dev stream what the intention in that, that we guessed already, is. You want more people to be in ranked. You want more people to enjoy it.

With this they won't enjoy pvp. They will hate it so much more. Being forced into it isn't fun. In your school days there was always some p. e. Activisions you didn't like. For some it was dodgeball for some it was this rope climbing... But you were forced to do it and you hater it... That's what you want us to do.

If you guys want more people in pvp. Make pvp worth and fun. With that you only will help credit seller sites.