Remember when PvP was fun?

Sinvx

Leave it to a civilian to think his idiotic decisions in life somehow put him in a position to educate and lead others. Freely offering unsolicited advice to anyone unfortunate enough to end up in the same thread as him.

Aoca you need to take a moment and realize that the average swtor player age is 30+. You aren't dealing with a bunch of children who don't know a damn thing about life. Most of us have been around long enough to endure hardship and loss in some way shape or form. Your experiences are unique to you, but that feeling of suffering and loss is not.

Your arrogance, preconceptions, and entitlement are on display for everyone to see. Assuming that since we partake in PvP ( or we're on the internet ) we've a greater chance of being morally bankrupt. Get outta here with that nonsense. That narrative in your head is part of the reason you manage to talk down to just about everyone on the forums as though they somehow lack the life experience to be your equal.

For f*ck's sake, do us a favor and get over yourself.

It's a bad thing to not want people to make fun of cancer. Okay buddy; What world are you living in? lol

“Any person capable of angering you becomes your master”

― Epictetus

U mad?

Do you not realize the arrogance is an act and all that you mention? It has a purpose but I'm not going to spell it out for you; figure it out.

I have one secret weapon. I really do not care if anyone likes me or what they think of me LMAO. You will not move my emotions. No one gets that power unless I allow it.

I'm no better than anyone else, however. Oh and thank you for your service to this country. I definitely admire people who will to risk their lives for others.

Edited by AocaVII

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's clear to me that no one really cares here about using the word cancer lightly. Not one person has advocated for people with diseases so if this is the type of world you want to live in so be it. I'm surprised no one stands up for others who are sick tbh. I was waiting for at least one person to stand up, and say it's wrong.

I mean I tell people IRL about what goes on here, and they are astonished at the heartlessness.

The ego act was meant as a distraction to see if people would focus more on that and attacking me, apparently they must feel a false threat by my act to their own persona, rather than focusing on defending people who are sick; Sure worked well

In conclusion, I guess we move on with the making fun of autists, people with cancer and the like. Apparently, it has become acceptable here. Believe me it does not phase me one bit what goes on here. It was a litmus test to see the temperature of the community on this subject matter, of which the sample size here has utterly failed.

Edited by AocaVII

Disappointed to see this to go so far off-topic because it could have been used as a good tool to display things that are rather unfun to deal with in PvP nowadays.

Force bound, accuracy being unbalanced, backfills..etc.

Actually it sums up exactly whats unfun about pvp nowadays. The playerbase.

Disappointed to see this to go so far off-topic because it could have been used as a good tool to display things that are rather unfun to deal with in PvP nowadays.

Force bound, accuracy being unbalanced, backfills..etc.

I was gladly talking about all the problems initially and I'll gladly continue if people make responses to what I've said regarding old vs new pvp.

I was gladly talking about all the problems initially and I'll gladly continue if people make responses to what I've said regarding old vs new pvp.

From a solely reg point of view, I think the match making system they placed in the game (excluding the healer/tank division) has been one of the worst things to happen to my enjoyment.

This is especially true in a low pop environment where its possible I’m the best person in the queue. So the game literally gives me the 3 worst players available to balance out the team vs 4 guys that have a clue.

When you are expected to 1v4 nearly every match, where the other guys on your team are just a distraction of cannon fodder, it gets frustrating because even the best person in the queue can rarely take on 4 people who have a clue.

Just to get the pvp conquest achievements done yesterday (that’s 1 win for the first, 2 wins for the second and 3 wins for the third = 6 wins in total) was impossible in the 3 hours I had before the daily cut off.

I literally played 27 matches and won 5. So I missed out on the 15,000 point achievement for wining 3 matches.

I can also see why the ranked guys get so infuriated at players who don’t do the bare minimum to prepare for ranked. Ie not gearing up, using stims or even selecting a spec for their class.

I played lvl 75 and Mids yesterday and I was appalled to see some people at those levels wearing empty shells for armor, not having crystals in weapons, not having left side slots filled and one guy not selecting his advanced spec yet at lvl 75. He also had no utilities. And when I tried to help him, I was told to shove off in not so polite terms.

I would literally get these bads every match and when I got one good person it would pop a 2v4 match with us vs 4 medium skilled players.

Why not have a gear gate for ranked? It’s not hard and has been done before. You could also add a gearing type pop up for lowbie-lvl75 regs to remind players if they have empty slots. Other games do this and would be helpful for new players who may not realise they have no crystal in their weapons or only have empty cartel Armor shells equiped. You’d be surprised how many don’t understand they need internals in those shells.

My wife was trying to get her pvp conquest done on some lowbie Alts solo (with out me, I’m so proud) but ran into the same issue because the system had decided her skill lvl was the same as mine because we’d duel premade on a bunch of those in the past so I could teach her. So now her hidden skill (ELO) rating had her pegged as the best in her queue (which she wasn’t close to being). She got all the rubbish people every game against adequate player teams. She played 30 straight matches with no wins because it kept getting put with lvl 10-15s with no gear vs class stacked teams of lvl30 plus players. To say she had a horrible experience is not exaggerating. I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to get her to pvp without me again :(

It took her two days to finally complete the pvp contest dailies of 6 wins (same as me) and she only got the last one done because I grouped with her to see if I could even the odds out because the queue wasn’t. Even then it gave us the two worst players in the queue for 5 losing matches and finally won the last game she needed to complete 3 winning matches (took her 2 days).

She’s not a superstar player, but she’s not terrible either. I would say she’s average and knows a hell of a lot more about her class (even if her reactions are slow) than the most average players. But because she played with me and won matches when I’d been holding her hand, the hidden system has now rated her as an above average player that is expected to carry noobs who won’t even bother gearing or are the lowest lvl in the bracket she played.

This reg match making system needs to go. It penalises you for getting better or being good by putting the worst players on your team to balance out the hidden ELO. I know it’s also doing something similar to the Solo ranked Queue too. I think I completely understand the frustration those guys with high ELO have when put with the lowest ELO players against a team of players with medium ELO to average out the ELO of both teams. One good player can’t carry 3 low ELO players in those conditions, especially when the sides are also borked up with class stacking or heals +3 dps vs 4 dps matches.

There is no reason to have a skill based ELO system like that in regs. But if you are going to have one, tell us how it works and publish what our ELO is like you do with ranked so we can actually test and see why the hell is happening. At least then we can see we got the 3 worst players because our ELO was double the next persons in the queue.

Regs is about fun. It’s not fun with this matchmaking because I don’t believe it actually works. It’s broken because I’m not the best player when it’s not low pop, so why am I expected to carry every team when it is.

What I would really like to know, is this reg ELO a total legacy ELO or rated on each character? I know I can get on class I’m not the best at or a character I’ve never pvp’d with and it still seems to think I’m the best on the team. I would really like some clarification about that from Bioware.

Anyway, the reason pvp has become less fun for me is because the better I personally get, the worse my teams become. That feels like I’m being penalised for improving.

Bioware just remove the reg match making system. The randomness was more fun than this travesty. The only part you need to keep is to split the healer/tank numbers across the teams and try and place premades vs premades. Then let the rest be random like it used to be.

And remove the system that rates the whole premade at the same lvl as the highest in the group. It doesn’t work at all like it should to balance teams vs pugs.

Honestly, if BW hadn't mentioned the matchmaking system back then I wouldn't have even noticed a difference personally. The only real change is the population of players that know how to use CD's is getting smaller, but outside of that, its the same up and down between matches. Its either a stomp or a stalemate. Nothings really changed from my perspective in solo queue.

The only major difference is I notice I face way more premades when in a premade than I did back in the day.

Honestly, if BW hadn't mentioned the matchmaking system back then I wouldn't have even noticed a difference personally. The only real change is the population of players that know how to use CD's is getting smaller, but outside of that, its the same up and down between matches. Its either a stomp or a stalemate. Nothings really changed from my perspective in solo queue.

The only major difference is I notice I face way more premades when in a premade than I did back in the day.

Yeah, what you’ve experienced is what many have experienced when it was first released. But because I played on the edges of primetime, I started to see it wasn’t working as they described fairly early and got shouted down on the forums. But since then, many have started to experience the same things, I think a big part of it comes down to what you play (lowbies, Mids, reg 75, solo regs or premade) and what times you play and probably what server too.

It really becomes noticeable as queue numbers start to drop if there is a big disparity of skills between the better players and the less skilled players and also if there are premades vs full pug teams.

I’m pretty sure you’re a good player (even though we’ve never played together that I know of), so I am nearly certain you’d find yourself getting my experiences if you played at the same servers, times, days, brackets, etc. The thing is, you can’t just login and play one or two sessions to get a feel for it. You need to consistently do it over many weeks/months at those times to see the pattern because I’ll freely admit, sometimes it’s not so bad and a lot has to do with the queue numbers and quality of players in the queue. But when you run into the situation we did the last two days, it stands out like a neon sign and makes you not want play.

The fact that it is detectable means it’s not working as well as it could or there is some fundamental flaw in the design. I’m now pretty familiar with most of the good players and competent players who appear when I’m playing. On the days when there are enough of us, there aren’t too many issue and it will rotate people back and forth across the teams. After a period of time, it will settle on a couple of players as the top in the queue and split them across the teams to carry the less skilled. Which is good and how it should work.

But when the skill discrepancy between them is too big or you don’t have enough, you find the queue gets the best person and puts the 3 worst players with them vs a team of medium skilled (for the queue) to average out what it sees as a “total” team ELO average.

This is obviously math balanced on a spread sheet, but not practical in a match because 1 good player can’t beat 4 medium skilled player by themselves (which is what it feels like).

I’m also not not some pvp god or anything, so I’ll freely admit it’s a struggle trying to carry 3 under skilled, under geared players who can’t even follow the most basic instructions at the best of times.

And when that becomes every match I play and I know in 1v1 or even 1v2 situation, I can beat every player on the other team, it gets frustrating to constantly lose every match, get no rewards for losing, get no conquest achievements completed and can’t even get my daily/weekly done. It’s not fun at all and I feel like never playing again. Surely you can understand how that would feel if you can’t even get 6 wins in 30 matches from no fault of your own?

Imagine queuing solo ranked (which low pop arenas feels like it’s modelled off, just less skill) and you are a 2400 ELO player being put with three under geared sub 800 ELO players vs 4 players who average between 1000-1400 ELO with gear.

And you know you can personally beat each one of those other players and maybe 2 of them at once. But you can’t beat all 4 as they quickly focus down and kill the rest of your team that’s decided to pick 3 different targets to focus. In the end you find you are 1v4 and you might kill 2, but eventually you lose. It doesn’t matter that you were the best person in the match or that you killed more people or did the most damage or took the most damage. As far as the games concerned, you lost, so you get nothing for your effort.

Now if that was ranked, you’d just stop queuing and go play regs for your pvp fix so it wouldn’t kill your rating. But what do you do when it is regs doing that to you? The only option is to log out if all you want to do is pvp. Or stick it out and have a miserable time as your frustration grows at the system and the people you have on your teams. I can’t even leave a match now because I’ll get penalised and I get nothing for trying to carry every match because only wins count now. What is my incentive to keep being a punching bag?

I know this isn’t as big issue during primetime and I will acknowledge that skills seem to be improving to some degree across the population (probably due to having to win to get anything. I know it’s a catch-22 for me). But before the lockout and before the change to winning, it was much easier to see how broken the matchmaking was during primetime too. Especially if it put a premade vs a full pug because you can nearly guarantee that those 4 in the premade won’t be as high as skill as the one solo pugger on the other team. But they will be average enough that they’ll also get better pugs for their premade side and the higher skilled pug player will get the less skilled. Ie, all worked out mathematically to “balance the total”.

But that one solo guy can’t carry 7 under average players in that situation. At least under the old random system, there was a good chance you’d get some of the better pugs with you and you had a fighting chance against the premade. Now it’s nearly always a forgone conclusion unless the premade only has one good player and the rest are trash (which is rare).

Regs doesn’t need a matchmaking system based on skills. It needs one based on role/class/type. ie, splitting the healers/tanks is good. But how about dividing up the Stealths, the ranged, the melee so we don’t get class or type stacking.

If you are going to put premades against full pugs and use a skilled based system, then most of the best pugs in the match should all be put on the full pug team to try and balance it out, which it doesn’t. That part of the system is the most broken part of all.

And that’s where this system really falls apart. You can’t have a single player rated skill system and then put a premade into the mix and expect it to work. It’s why you don’t have group ranked vs solo ranked. The ELO system would break down and people’s actual ELO would be artificially inflated or deflated. Matches would never be fair and the ranked community would quit the game.

Can you actually imagine what would happen if Bioware said they were going to trial merge the solo and granked queue together so you’d have premades vs solo ranked players? I’m sure the granked guys would love it, but solo players would quit ranked or be forced to premade themselves. And if they were inclined to premade to start with, why aren’t they already queuing granked (which is dead by all accounts). And why do those same solo ranked players premade in regs to stomp solo pugs (don’t need to answer that cause we know).

* We agree we have a diminishing population.

* We agree that the average players skills aren’t what they used to be

* We agree that class balance isn’t right and all the other class stuff we’ve already discussed in the thread.

* We agree that premades vs premades is actually fun

* And surely we can agree that premades vs full pug of less skilled players isnt fun for the pug team?

* We can see from past experiences that the game will continue to lose more pvp players than it replaces

* So surely you can see eventually my low queue number experiences will start to be felt by more and more people.

* Which means the match making problems I experience should be addressed before it affects you and others because when it does, it will make more people not want to play.

I’m not suggesting they need to change the game to support a small amount of low pop players. But to support the whole game because what affects us in low pop, always has a habit of affecting primetime players and the health and population of the pvp part of the game. The low pop players are the canary in the coal mine (so to speak), we see it first before you guys.

Bioware need to consider we just don’t have the population to continue as we always have. So some old concepts (like 4 man premades vs pugs) are now outdated or even detrimental to the game population.

The lockout timer (while I understand the reasoning for it and part of me agrees) is also detriment while the causes people leave aren’t addressed first.

The change to winning “only” to count towards rewards, mission completion and conquest (which I also partially agree with) are also detrimental to player fun and retention. The idea to get people to play to win is the right one, but the method employed is to draconian when you have systems that don’t work properly (I’ve outlayed an alternative in another thread).

Anyway, sorry for the essay. I figured I’d try and anticipate your points and get all mine out there at once so we don’t have to play forum pvp as much :)

I remember, it was 5+ years ago for me. It's time to accept the real present state of the game and either support it as it crumbles and continues to erode or jump ship.

For me, it just comes down to pros and cons. I find the game has far more cons than pros, so for me there's no reason to log in and play anymore. The robust character outfit system no longer is good enough icing on the cake for me to deal with all the other bad things that occur in the actual gameplay of SWTOR.

It's hard to pinpoint where it went wrong, due to the amount of incompetency and other factors that lead to how SWTOR was managed over the years.

You know, it's funny. Imagine being a game company and being handed the Star Wars IP, and handed the keys to the biggest, baddest Star Wars game of all time, yet finding a way to squabble it all away. Imagine that! The level of stupidity, incompetency, and greed, I am sure greed has something to do with a lot of the mismanagement too, just things are going on we have no idea about.

Fact is, they been sitting on a goldmine, but instead of using resources to mine it, they decided to use resources to go look for other mines instead. BW and EA have done this. They took all their resources and went searching for new mines instead of using them on this here goldmine of a game.

BW totally lost the opportunity of a lifetime in the gaming world to not just make a game, but to really create something special and long lasting. The truth is the game is just a corpse of itself now.

I know people will want to defend the game and pretend my critical comments are off base, none of us enjoy talking about it's terrible present condition. If some enjoy it, love it, that's ok. But the majority of us know and recognize the lost potential and opportunity squandered here. Time to face reality, and acknowledge the truth here.

I remember, it was 5+ years ago for me. It's time to accept the real present state of the game and either support it as it crumbles and continues to erode or jump ship.

For me, it just comes down to pros and cons. I find the game has far more cons than pros, so for me there's no reason to log in and play anymore. The robust character outfit system no longer is good enough icing on the cake for me to deal with all the other bad things that occur in the actual gameplay of SWTOR.

It's hard to pinpoint where it went wrong, due to the amount of incompetency and other factors that lead to how SWTOR was managed over the years.

You know, it's funny. Imagine being a game company and being handed the Star Wars IP, and handed the keys to the biggest, baddest Star Wars game of all time, yet finding a way to squabble it all away. Imagine that! The level of stupidity, incompetency, and greed, I am sure greed has something to do with a lot of the mismanagement too, just things are going on we have no idea about.

Fact is, they been sitting on a goldmine, but instead of using resources to mine it, they decided to use resources to go look for other mines instead. BW and EA have done this. They took all their resources and went searching for new mines instead of using them on this here goldmine of a game.

BW totally lost the opportunity of a lifetime in the gaming world to not just make a game, but to really create something special and long lasting. The truth is the game is just a corpse of itself now.

I know people will want to defend the game and pretend my critical comments are off base, none of us enjoy talking about it's terrible present condition. If some enjoy it, love it, that's ok. But the majority of us know and recognize the lost potential and opportunity squandered here. Time to face reality, and acknowledge the truth here.

Very simply, they don't listen to the player base and when they do, it's too late, and players leave so it snowballs; less balance because less players etc etc..... Also, they implement things that were never asked for. I could give probably 100s of examples of this over the span of this game.

I'm sure they work hard and do their best but it's the nature of a lot of MMOs.

I mean is the stock market perfect, do doctors always get it right, do teachers always teach the best way and so on...

Edited by AocaVII

Very simply, they don't listen to the player base and when they do, it's too late, and players leave so it snowballs; ....Also, they implement things that were never asked for.... and aren’t wanted or needed

This sums it pretty well after I edited it a little. I was feeling too lazy to write my own.

More and more unneeded abilities were added without checking their power in PvP.

More abilities started to do two things at once.

More CC came into the game.

Alacrity was reworked to actually function and it scaled with a good amount of CC's so CC's got a lower CD.

Slows started coming out above 50% outside of force crush which was the strongest for a very long time.

Powertechs got a silly utility that slows for 75% for 15s, on a 30second CD. Which is yellow & AoE. Often a DPS boost too, so tons of reasons for them to use it. It can completely negate the movement buff from predation every time it's up.

Tacticals got introduced, there's no way to properly bolster these bad boys and probably never will. These should either be cheaper or fundamental for anyone trying to PvP.

Set bonuses got changed and take quite a while to get and for some unreasonably pricey so they may not even bother. Bolster cannot make up for the giant gains players now get from set bonus, it's just not possible without breaking bolster.

Bolster while it was good preamplifiers, new set bonuses that are extremely good and tacticals. Now it's a baseline courtesy that can't even come close to allowing a new player to be competitive with a veteran that's at least geared.

Resolve system, while I think it's fine I do think it needs tweaks. There's too many knockbacks and with that there's tons of 'extended' knockback versions of each one. Including roots, these things are extremely powerful and often a lower cooldown which makes it very frustrating when there's multiple when you're playing melee. I don't agree with auto root on a knockback if you can extend your knockback distance. Fundamentally to me you should have to take a utility to choose extended distance or root as most ranged classes now have roots available to them. (Missile blast, leg shot. While Lightning doesn't it's got an aoe root/slow tied to its main dps ability.)

Chain lightning, as stated previously this ability is AoE. Its roots and slows, it can be reset with elemental convection or even with force storm if you don't have the tactical. This tactical alone makes lightning absolutely insane against most classes in 1v1 due to how many roots you can spam on them while staying mobile. While I think sorcerer/sage needs something having an AoE root is causing mass desync and rather unfun experiences for all melee in PvP atm. It would be far more balanced if the root was removed to prevent desync but put the root on another ability like TB.

Diversion & Force bound two overpowered abilities that make no sense in the realms of balance.

Marauder has obfuscate its white damage accuracy reduce it's a higher reduction than diversion but only works on that single damage type. Diversion is AoE and works on both and is 45%. Force bound is AoE and comes into affect after intimidating roar is over giving max uptime of shutdown of 12s. This is 70% for 6s against yellow damage only.

These abilities aren't balanced in terms of the rest of the game and will always make both of these classes sought after in group play. Diversion was fine when it was a single target because it made it comparable to obfuscate.

Force bound was overkill and never needed, intimidating roar scales with alacrity. Immortal tanks can get it down to 39s! CD. Carnage can get it down to 30s with berserk! This is not okay!

Matchmaking for regular warzones. While in the beginning, it was great, it desperately needs to tweak more.

Realistically with a good tank, you do not need more than one. Most okay to decent healers don't do enough to cover good DPS, while yes it's part of their skill level is the problem it's also that some damage is unhealable. (meteor brawler still gets buffed by superheated fuel. Viral elements still hits main target twice destroying a tank in a single gcd.) I think the limit of healers should be set to 3, with 1 tank ONLY if the other team can match it. Two heals on one team needs to be more common as the amount of healers I see do nothing or get out hps'd by a DPS is way too high.

While against new players with meta specs you can still 1vx pretty easily it definitely doesn't feel fair for them even remotely. Here's a prime example https://clips.twitch.tv/CleanCovertGazellePhilosoraptor

Most of these players don't have either gear or tacticals let alone can afford amplifiers. Bolster literally helps them none in this situation other than being meat bags.

Can I give you a cookie for saying everything I wanted to say?

snip

LMAO

This guy...

Haven't laughed so much on this forum for a long time. (the cancer talk)

Anyway the best time i've had in this game, not only in PvP but ever is the patch that they gave mercs the rocket out. Forgot if it was 4.0 or something.

The sudden skill cap jump without being op was insane. I've never been as good with a class in a game(except maybe lock in wotlk) ever. Thousands of wzs were spamed and fun times were had with duels and ****. I would do nothing in this game except duel and do wzs for a whole year. Real life also suffered. And then they ruined mercs with that stupid reflective shield and made it a cookie cutter fotm reroller class.

Btw i understand in the current day mercs can't survive without the shield, but the environment now is different. Not to mention as another guy said the insane fps drop in wzs.

4.0 was magic for me.

Also you could just level a class, and then buy all the gear you want with the limitless comms you had. Now gearing alts for pvp(or anything) is pain.

Edited by Kaedusz

Really the bottom line; this is what I been doing for a few years. I'm very content with it. Keep expectations low, and play how you want. The PVP is below average at best so just accept it. Try to get what you can out of it in it's current state.

There's not gonna be some miracle fix or series of fixes that will make it like it was or much better than it is LOL.

If it's not enough for you, play something else.

I mean people can come here and give suggestions etc. However, I wouldn't expect stellar pvp experiences in this game right now. It is what it is.

Keeping expectations low of things that are out of your control can make you a very happy person :jawa_eek:

Edited by AocaVII

Solo Ranked happened.

In a system where all Ranked relies purely on trinity teams, class balancing is conducted with that trinity in mind. In other words pure DPS classes are allowed to be fragile because in theory you have a healer and tank mitigating incoming damage. The same is also true for difficult PVE content.

Solo Ranked is an entirely different beast to balance for than Team Ranked or PVE and if Solo Ranked is going to exist pure DPS specs need to have some sustainability. Trinity team versus trinity team is going to be the exception and pure DPS matches more common. Without a tank or healer to rely on, in theory a DPS spec needs some strong counters to not get blown up out the gate if they get first focus.

That isn't to say that class balance has ever been executed to perfection, but if you're bothered by pure DPS specs having tanky DCDs or off heals...the bad news is that isn't going to change. It can't so long as there is Solo Ranked.

That isn't to say that class balance has ever been executed to perfection, but if you're bothered by pure DPS specs having tanky DCDs or off heals...the bad news is that isn't going to change. It can't so long as there is Solo Ranked.

Yep, in a vain attempt to make solo ranked work they tried to balance everyone around that when balance should have been based around if a team is a proper meta of tank/heals/dps. Too many classes now are way too self sustainable and they shouldn't be.

you can select which flashpoints you want to Que for...........I hate PVE and even I know this, how does it escape you?

He's probably noticing a dearth of players willing to queue for anything else. I don't know, because I rarely play the game with other people in my groups. Mostly, I solo through the game.

This thread kind of shows whats wrong with PVP.

On one side we have the game balance issues and on the other side player behavior. Its true what people wrote at start that we had a lot of changes that in the end led to a game which is full or roots, stuns, slows etc. On one side you need to save your breaker, on the other you need to break the first stun or you will be globalled. After you use the breaker you get a enet or a second stun and you are dead. From a different perspective if the players do not use all these beneficial abilities you will never die as you can keep vanishing, heal-to-full, bubble etc.

People are also right about the added effects (buffs, debuffs) which are starting to be a mess when you look at the player tab. Its probably just me but having to look at the 20 debuffs of the player and quickly find whether the still has stun immunity or not is frustrating. Before you just needed to chech the resolve bar. And as it was mentioned this also adds work to the engine which in the end leads to players disappering, lag, spikes, dsync etc.

Adding to all these abilities, buffs/debuffs, lag, dsync is the toxicity of the players calling others trash, noobs, vote kicking them out or ranked for no reason and lastly adding insults in form of autists and similar.

This is indeed not being fun anymore, yet there are those days when it all goes well, when you get a good balanced match, with nice people who play for fun and not the glory (which is actually pointless as its a virtual game). So lets just treassure those moments and keep up our hopes that one day Devs will fix the technical aspects and people will get nicer in the future.

Snip

This was a very good sum-up of the things that happened in PVP from the start on and the Devs should really read this.

This is quite true. I mean nothing against the Devs, they are too just employees doing what they are told from above, but really, they have such a great opportunity and are not using it to its full extent. The game is nice, but its just not what it could be and you can clearly see how they are just trying to milk the IP for money. Since its SW it will always have enough players for them to milk so there is little reasons to change any of this.

Edited by merovejec

I remember when it was kill or be killed, it used to be scary and enormous fun.

Most times its a slog-fest of poor players, quitters and idiots. And everone uses the same builds and same counters over and over. Every time you start on a merc they refect, every time a sorc, they bubble, every time vs an operative you get a spike in your chest, every GS and sniper a flashbang in the face. Every time you try to slow someone they're resistant or pop a CD to overcome it. Every time you get CC'd three people jump on you and kill you before the CC wears off. Every time you put a target marker on the enemy that needs shutting down, no-one focusses them.

Every time your node gets capped, you scroll back in chat to see no inc calls.

Some people still give out useful info in chat, such as incs, clears, help coming etc, they focus the right people and generally try to co-ordinate the rabble, then they get abuse and no MVPs and wonder why they bother.

There was always a buzz around announcing a new pvp mode, only to find it was the same cold scenarios warmed up again, ( yavin, queshball, vandinball)

I used to love this game and wanted to PVP 24/7. Nowadays I only play SWTOR when there's nothing better to do.

I remember when pvp was fun and the queue times weren't terrible. I just kicked from match before it even began and now I have to wait 15 minutes for re queue. Just revert all the pvp changes stop *********** with the game Bioware if it ain't broke don't fix it.