PvP and Why It Sucks (As a level 50 Marauder)

Ceraz

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized how much I typed... Sorry.

I really think I brought up some good points thought, even if they have been brought up countless times before.

I read all of it because I can sympathize as a Jedi guardian trying to cope with PvP. You made some good points, albeit ones that have already been echoed throughout the forums, but still good nonetheless. I enjoy a mix of pvp/pve, which is why after playing a focus guardian in hutball at 25 (back when there weren't geared 50s to compete with) I switched back to my powertech. I felt helpless as a guardian in PvP, even against the lvl 10-15s, which is quite embarassing when I consider the amount of awesomeness emanating from my powertech.

Nothing new to say really, but I feel for you and I hope to return to my Jedi one day after seeing favorable patch notes.

To the OP, you should really spend a lot of time looking at your abilities and what they do; I WZ with an RL friend who is a Marauder, I'm a Sorc (Heals), and we dominate Huttball in particular, but do very well (win % wise) in all WZs...

When I play with my Merc friend we're not even close to as effective when trying to play objectively.

-Boom

I agree world pvp needs to give rewards. It should just be valor; my reason is it shouldn't be a hugely superior reward than Warzones.

I play a marauder, too. I think an enormous benefit to us in HB, and pvp in general:

• Fix the damn ability delay

• Allow us to force charge after being knocked back. Benefits quick reactions, more importantly doesn't screw us entirely when fighting every other class in the game, on a ledge.

• Fix ability delay. Seriously, not getting my interrupt off not because I didn't react fast enough, because I reacted too fast. DUMB.

* ability delay

The useless community manager answered the complaint in a reddit interview that amounted to "we've heard, and we're going to look into it." FRUSTRATING.

/endrage

To the OP, you should really spend a lot of time looking at your abilities and what they do; I WZ with an RL friend who is a Marauder, I'm a Sorc (Heals), and we dominate Huttball in particular, but do very well (win % wise) in all WZs...

When I play with my Merc friend we're not even close to as effective when trying to play objectively.

-Boom

I don't think anyone here is questioning if a class, when coupled with a healbot, can dominate.

Edited by Morani

-Boom

Oh yeah, give me a healer and I'm nasty. However, without a healer my class shouldn't have this much trouble.

Some idiotic ideas in this thread. OP must be terrible or something. Take in-combat stealth from stealth classes?

Try gaining some general perspective and basic understanding of the game before spewing moronic garbage all over the pvp forums.

You didn't read in detail what I proposed, and obviously just came in to start trolling. Let me spell it out for you instead. What I'm proposing is that when they are considered 'in-combat' (the red gun icon) that they can still be stealthed, but are detectable and visible within a certain range (sort of like detecting someone who's stealthed and you see a red outline around them).

This to me makes perfect sense. After all, why should someone completely vanish mid combat? If I'm in the middle of a saber strike and someone completely vanishes, I'd imagine I could still sense where they are.

You didn't read in detail what I proposed, and obviously just came in to start trolling. Let me spell it out for you instead. What I'm proposing is that when they are considered 'in-combat' (the red gun icon) that they can still be stealthed, but are detectable and visible within a certain range (sort of like detecting someone who's stealthed and you see a red outline around them).

This to me makes perfect sense. After all, why should someone completely vanish mid combat? If I'm in the middle of a saber strike and someone completely vanishes, I'd imagine I could still sense where they are.

Being a melee class in WZs already sucks due to general lag and ability delay, if you take away effective stealth from an already squishy class, nobody would play them. You see people popping stealth and running in the middle of a fight, because, chances are whoever they're trying to attack is teleporting all over and the stealth player is getting "Not in range"/"Must be behind your target" spammed across their screen. All while their health is rapidly dwindling or they're caught in a chained stun-fest. Best thing to do in those scenarios, if possible, is pop stealth and give it another go.

Your marauder complaints are definitively learn to play issues. I have a 50 Maruader as well and we are an amazing class. I top damage and kills nearly every WZ, with some of the least deaths and highest damage single hits.

As cliche as it is

L2P Nub

/signed for every part of it. Signing as a 50 Pyrotech Powertech.

Huttball is complete crap and got old after 2 matches. I sign up for PvP because I want to kill other players, not micromanage a damn ball.

Open World PvP needs to be MORE incentivising than WZ PvP (much, much more). Warzones should be things people do when they can't get a group to do the actual FUN stuff in the open world areas Bioware worked so hard to create.

CC and the resolve system need great amounts of re-working. I am constantly thinking to myself "Why does everybody else seem to get a resolve meter to full that keeps them immune to everything, but not me? Why can I get flash-banged, break it, then stunned for 3 seconds, then stunned again immediately afterwards for 4 seconds, be out of a fight for about 9 seconds until I die, and not have the white bar fill up?

What point is there to resolve if you can be locked down until death by only 1 class even after you've blown your CC-breaker CD?

Lol, you must be new to pvp.

Try versing a ranged class on the 2nd or 3rd tear catwalk and see how "good" you are because of it.

Yeah, i can jump to them! oh 1 knockback and they win any fight 1v1.

---------------------

Thats how bad it is, 1 knockback and you have no chance of winning at all.

You need to save your gap closer until after your opponent uses their gap creator, not before.

/signed

50 Marauder.

Inb4 l2p, it might be true that you can outskill people, however a top skilled marauder vs a top-skilled (enter your class here) will nearly always get wrecked in a wz fight due to us not having a single knockback.

/thread

Your marauder complaints are definitively learn to play issues. I have a 50 Maruader as well and we are an amazing class. I top damage and kills nearly every WZ, with some of the least deaths and highest damage single hits.

As cliche as it is

L2P Nub

Thanks for adding to a mature discussion by remaining mature and not trolling. But let me guess, you have full PvP gear and are taking on people without it, right? I'm sure it's easy as hell then and there's no difficulty at all at that point when you can take and deal an extra 10% (or more) damage.

I agree, unless your running with a pocket healer, its pretty much a nightmare in the warzones, I think if they plan on keeping our CC and our skills the same, we should be able to wear heavy armor and tone down our dmg, seeing as marauders are able to crit for 5.5k and upward.

The OP makes some fair and valid points. I play a Rage specced Mara and do very well solo and extremely well with a healer, but I do see the need to make Maras a bit more competitive in the stun/knockback area.

Take Huttball for instance, you all get your trips, overloads etc, that either keep us stunlocked or knock us off ledges,into fire or poison and all we have are channeled stuns or stuns that break on damage. Even if you position yourself just right to avoid being knocked off a ledge,chances are another SI/JC will be waiting to hit you with one. I've lost track of how many times I've somehow been knocked into an airvent, hit with overload midair, land with major fall damage and rooted into place or rooted in fire.

I don't want to see increased survivability or dps for Maras as I believe we are more than fine in those areas, I'd like to see either a humanoid CC instead of our PvE only droid one OR a Fear effect added to our Intimidating Roar(I don't even care if the Fear effect is only in PvP)that sends anyone in the area running as that would at least give us the option of being able to take advantage of the poison,ledges and fire like the other classes.

The OP makes some fair and valid points. I play a Rage specced Mara and do very well solo and extremely well with a healer, but I do see the need to make Maras a bit more competitive in the stun/knockback area.

Take Huttball for instance, you all get your trips, overloads etc, that either keep us stunlocked or knock us off ledges,into fire or poison and all we have are channeled stuns or stuns that break on damage. Even if you position yourself just right to avoid being knocked off a ledge,chances are another SI/JC will be waiting to hit you with one. I've lost track of how many times I've somehow been knocked into an airvent, hit with overload midair, land with major fall damage and rooted into place or rooted in fire.

I don't want to see increased survivability or dps for Maras as I believe we are more than fine in those areas, I'd like to see either a humanoid CC instead of our PvE only droid one OR a Fear effect added to our Intimidating Roar(I don't even care if the Fear effect is only in PvP)that sends anyone in the area running as that would at least give us the option of being able to take advantage of the poison,ledges and fire like the other classes.

That would be really interesting. Another idea would simply to give us 'force push' like the Juggernaut has and make it a Sith Warrior ability instead of just Juggernaut.

I don't know how people have so may problems with agame before they even know how to play it. Most if not all the isues are l2p. Also because someon is better then u and can kill u dosent mean its broken. You have an issue with every class and the issue with yours is that its not good enuff then u want core abilities nerfed for other classes to make ur life easier. I appreciate the post and I'm sure there is some validity to it but I can promise you that u have not tried your hardest to counter these issues. To all the players on the opposite side of ur argument there is nothing wrong with the game othr then the competition is weak. Common I've fought multple players using your class that are tearing up the battlegrounds. The games fo everyone and this game has a steep learning curve especially without being able to just spam buttons and it seperates the good from bad and I love that more then anything. Just looks like the other players puled ahead of u sooner then later.