"Quick Play" error message

CommunityTeam

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same issue - Quick Play Mode 0%. I can't play any character who is not on starter planet or capital word.

Perform a bitraider repair:

Open your SW:TOR game folder.

32-bit Windows – C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars – The Old Republic\

64-bit Windows – C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars – The Old Republic\

Click on the bitraider folder and press Delete.

Start the launcher again and log in.

Wait for the launcher to repair itself and update your game.

Change the compatibility mode: Desktop Icon > Properties > Compatibility > Run in Compatibility mode: Change from Windows 10 to XP SP 3

It do not helped.

I'm starting to think I need to write a bot that will crawl the forums and post this every time someone uses the words "Quick Play"

To fix this permanently you need to remove Bitraider (no, deleting the bitraider folder does not remove bitraider, just some config files)

The easiest way to do this is to install the game from Steam, which does not use the streaming (bitraider) launcher.

If you do not want to install from Steam, you can change your launcher mode in place https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/Guide-How-to-Switch-to-Non-Streaming-Launcher/td-p/4867417

Either way, it is a full redownload, but it will save you much fuss going forward.

Edited by MadDutchman

Hello, I'm STILL stuck. When I uploaded the patch from Wed. I was able to login in past the character screen.

I logged in today, and it's broken again, the patch wasn't permanent.

This has been a full 7 days of not being able to play. I contacted customer service from the character screen, I've heard nothing back. Please fix this?????

Hello, I'm STILL stuck. When I uploaded the patch from Wed. I was able to login in past the character screen.

I logged in today, and it's broken again, the patch wasn't permanent.

This has been a full 7 days of not being able to play. I contacted customer service from the character screen, I've heard nothing back. Please fix this?????

The patch was not, and did not include, a fix for the quick play issue. The problem is with BitRaider, and this problem, among many others, had been going on for some time. There is only one solution and that is to remove BitRaider (not delete the folder and force a client scan, turn off BitRaider completely). There are two ways you can do this. You can uninstall the game, download the current installer, which defaults to the non-streaming client, and reinstall the game, or you can keep your current install and manually deactivate BitRaider. The link below has the steps to disable BitRaider. Note that whether you uninstall and reinstall, or manually disable BitRaider, you will have to download the game again. This is the only definitive fix for the problem because the problem is BitRaider and the solution is to remove it.

If you do go the disable route then be certain to follow the step exactly as given and do not change anything else.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/Guide-How-to-Switch-to-Non-Streaming-Launcher/m-p/4867417#M27

Ok, I'm not going to lie. My sympathy for those people who have been suffering with this bug for an extended period of time is waning.

The solution to this (install from Steam or remove bitraider) has been posted over and over and over and over again, and yet people just won't do it.

Following the instructions will work (quick play doesn't even exist in the non-streaming client). Repeatedly complaining about it here clearly is not working (bitraider is a third party application, whatever is wrong may not even be on BWs end).

BW: It's time to sticky the removal of bitraider as the solution to this, none of these crazy hacks. BR has been a mess since it was released, time to give up on it.

Ok, I'm not going to lie. My sympathy for those people who have been suffering with this bug for an extended period of time is waning.

The solution to this (install from Steam or remove bitraider) has been posted over and over and over and over again, and yet people just won't do it.

Following the instructions will work (quick play doesn't even exist in the non-streaming client). Repeatedly complaining about it here clearly is not working (bitraider is a third party application, whatever is wrong may not even be on BWs end).

BW: It's time to sticky the removal of bitraider as the solution to this, none of these crazy hacks. BR has been a mess since it was released, time to give up on it.

Snap, I just posted in JackieKO’s forum feedback thread to ask if they could add a sticky to direct people to the tech support forums https://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/ct-p/star-wars-the-old-republic-en.

And to maybe put in the sticky some FAQ answers, like how do a clean install without bit raider.

We have been asking for this since 2011. They obviously took some grain of it when they launched on Steam, yet the bare metal installer and Origin both still default to Bitraider...

I was experiencing problems until early this morning (0300) but found that the following works for me... so far:

Open the SWTOR Folder

Open the "Launcher Settings" file in Notepad

Scroll down to the line ,"bitraider_disable": False

Delete False insert True

Save and exit the file

Restart the launcher

In my case a fairly hefty download started, after completing this the game started OK and I was able to reset the compatibility mod to Win7.

Edited by Su-Li-Wei

We have been asking for this since 2011. They obviously took some grain of it when they launched on Steam, yet the bare metal installer and Origin both still default to Bitraider...

IIRC the streaming launcher didn't come until 2012/2013, but yes, it has always been a bit of a mess.

10:38 still can't access any characters. Created a new character and I can play that one. In the upper right of the screen there is a "Game Download" display that is cycling but nothing is happening. It remains at 0,00

Same thing here:(

No, not the website one, I redownloaded it on my laptop, and haven't seen bitrider since. I completely removed swtor before hand, and didn't keep any files, so I don't know if that mattered. But I've no bitraider running in my task manager, etc,