KoTFE/KotET, a good story destroyed by neglect.

DaZeeZee

It's time to talk about the buggy, barely functioning mess that is the story missions of KoTFE and KotET. the many many times its impossible to progress without dying and respawning several times, and/or resetting the mission.

the sheer neglect shown by EA/Bioware and refusal to fix anything important.

Demand change, this game had potential, has potential. but not only is it not being met, it's being destroyed by neglect.

Yes, I'm fully aware of the Virus which has made it difficult to work on the game lately, but this is a problem with its roots far before anyone knew what Coronavirus is.

It's time we demand that they work hard on fixes, starting as soon as their offices are back to normal.

It's time we demand that they work hard on fixes, starting as soon as their offices are back to normal.

Or else?

I wish we could wipe KotFEET right out of the timeline myself since it plays exactly as it was created - role-playing fan fiction not intended for Star Wars and certainly not for any non-Force users.

I wish we could wipe KotFEET right out of the timeline myself since it plays exactly as it was created - role-playing fan fiction not intended for Star Wars and certainly not for any non-Force users.

I like to imagine that my Bounty Hunter is force sensitive, just he never learns how to use it ha ha ha.

Edited by AFadedMemory

Or else?

It was a fantastic story, and it works fine in star wars so long as the galaxy doesn't stay the way it ends in.

It should definitely have had some completely different alternate missions for non force users though.'

Whether or not you liked the story though, saying we should not prioritize fixing the many game breaking bugs in it is beyond moronic.

Edited by DaZeeZee

It was a fantastic story, and it works fine in star wars so long as the galaxy doesn't stay the way it ends in.

I lol'd. Kotfe/et isn't "a good story destroyed by neglect", it's a mediocre story with good graphics.

Personally, the sooner we forget FE/ET happened, the better.

/thread.

If it has been allowed to be done as it was planed, it would have been a very good story. But because of the whiners it was butchered into what we have now. An incomplete disjointed hacked together story just to please the few that screamed about how they did not like it months before it was even released. So to try to please these few whiners they destroyed the story line and compressed a trilogy into two poorly written expansions.

I liked KOTFE and would have liked to see the whole thing as was described by Charles in an open letter he posted (which I can not find Charles can you PLEASE re-post that). The story he tolled was full of intrigue, action and would have been a great addition to SWToR.

But 6 months before KOTFE was even released the whiners and decided that is was going to be terrible and that was all there was to it. They continued to complain for MONTHS. Then after KOTFE did release it was well liked.... except by the whiners (of course they had to justify their whining after all). Thus forcing Charles to DESTROY his work just to pacify the whiners. Leaving us with what we now have as KOTFE / ET.

As far as fixing any bugs in OLD content. BW has long said that "fixing bugs in old content will be fixed at a lower priority than current content unless it is Game Breaking and even then current content will still get priority." So don't expect bugs in old content to get fixed quickly or at all.

If it has been allowed to be done as it was planed, it would have been a very good story. But because of the whiners it was butchered into what we have now. An incomplete disjointed hacked together story just to please the few that screamed about how they did not like it months before it was even released. So to try to please these few whiners they destroyed the story line and compressed a trilogy into two poorly written expansions.

I liked KOTFE and would have liked to see the whole thing as was described by Charles in an open letter he posted (which I can not find Charles can you PLEASE re-post that). The story he tolled was full of intrigue, action and would have been a great addition to SWToR.

But 6 months before KOTFE was even released the whiners and decided that is was going to be terrible and that was all there was to it. They continued to complain for MONTHS. Then after KOTFE did release it was well liked.... except by the whiners (of course they had to justify their whining after all). Thus forcing Charles to DESTROY his work just to pacify the whiners. Leaving us with what we now have as KOTFE / ET.

As far as fixing any bugs in OLD content. BW has long said that "fixing bugs in old content will be fixed at a lower priority than current content unless it is Game Breaking and even then current content will still get priority." So don't expect bugs in old content to get fixed quickly or at all.

I agree somewhat with this assessment. Unfortunately some totally miss the story that was being lead up long since it was released.

Writer's strikes … funneling 8 separate class stories down into one … canning ALL companions (after pouring tons of credits into them at a time when credits were harder to come by !! ) These are just a few items that actually hurt KotFE / ET.

Companions (for example) have yet to make a come back... This would be one item that has been (neglected) … more like pushed aside.

Bugs... Until the last few releases I would have argued the point that the virus was hurting the situation. I don't know.. it's not helping (that is for certain). That said .. it seems that a HUGE item that is really sticking in the craw of more and more players is that the new bugs … are becoming more and more frequent... So now that pushes bugs that should have been addressed back even further and further .. until those are now considered "OLD" bugs … (Please note: not to be confused with Ol' Buzzard).. Anybody got a score card to keep track of what is now "new bugs" and you know …. actually being looked at ?? Soooo … then what are the old ones that's now pushed back to that burner that is nearly shut off ??

IMO … It's not just KotFE / ET .. there are some issues that really need addressed.

Several of us have been extremely supportive. We should be!

PLEASE … will someone grab an old fashion …

(hang on) …

WHACK !!!! (bug guts spatter everywhere)

;)

Agreed. I would have loved to see and play the full three book Knights story.

It's time to talk about the buggy, barely functioning mess that is the story missions of KoTFE and KotET. the many many times its impossible to progress without dying and respawning several times, and/or resetting the mission.

Demand change, this game had potential, has potential. but not only is it not being met, it's being destroyed by neglect.

Yes, I'm fully aware of the Virus which has made it difficult to work on the game lately, but this is a problem with its roots far before anyone knew what Coronavirus is.

We demanded what you are demanding now 5+ years ago. Guess what. We still demanding. :(

Hmm the 'story' as proposed might have been good, so I won't pass judgement on that.

The story we got though is a mess, as are everything else that came with KotFE from losing all the original companions, level sync, content almost exclusively instanced with little open world areas, no new group content, chapter a month that turned into every few months and was mostly a few minutes of story padded with 10s of minutes fighting hallways of skytroopers, and massive economic exploits that were left in game for far too long and never remedied.

The idiocy of the whole package is what doomed KotFE and why many of us are quick to say 'forget it and move on'.

Edited by DawnAskham

You have a strong opinion. I do too. IMO Kotfe broke the game. I also have a complaint about your post; you generalize against all players who didn't like the game as "whiners" who decided before it was released it would be terrible. Your generalization is far too broad and cannot be true. For example, I didn't play on PTS or have any idea about Kotfe before release. I was looking forward to Kotfe. I paid for 4 instant-60's of different classes to play through the first 9 chapters only to find it

destroyed my characters, was a "possession" scenario which is NOT Star Wars at all IMO, horrendously scattered companions, vanilla social structures ripped apart, and made hours of previously enjoyable game play into tortuous hallways of whack-a-mole.

The beautiful graphics with momentous-feeling introductions before each chapter were not enough to overcome the destruction. Dialogue to impress the ages - not. Your generalizations and whining about whiners only make your argument weak at best. I wanted to like Kotfe. After much effort, sadly I could not.

(edited to add spoiler tags)

Edited by Everrgreen
to add spoiler tags

(edited) They are concentrating on current content and that's more what I'm concerned with, not Kotfe/et.

=-=-=-=-=

Edited by Everrgreen

KOTFE/KOTET was, in my opinion (and not based on anything other than speculation) a way to make use of assets and story from the pulled KOTOR 3.

The story missions are ok on the whole (apart from the walker ones). Some are tedious but at the start I enjoyed how they introduced the new worlds for you gradually.

However, the storyline dried up - from a lack of funding and ability to produce regular content.

It's a shame - would like to see more regular content releases like they were during KOTFE but those days are gone.

(edited) They are concentrating on current content and that's more what I'm concerned with, not Kotfe/et.

=-=-=-=-=

Bug fixes are a top priority on all content when the bugs are as bad as in those chapters. Deal with it, they should be fixing that stuff in EVERY story before they even think of making new ones.

How you feel about the story is completely irrelevant in light of the huge bugs.

Edited by DaZeeZee

So the standing solution is to not fix long standing bugs from "old" content by justifying creating "new" content with even more bugs as the solution. :rolleyes:

Unfortunatley no matter what they do, people will complain....lol

Fix the bugs, people complain, they spend too much time on it, and not on new stuff

Bring out new stuff, people complain they didn't fix the bugs.

Do both at the same time? Probably not enough resources.

It should definitely have had some completely different alternate missions for non force users though.'

Whether or not you liked the story though, saying we should not prioritize fixing the many game breaking bugs in it is beyond moronic.

It only works if you play a force user and even then its trash. Pretty sure you're in the minority here. There's a reason they basically cancelled kotet and jumped into onslaught.

It only works if you play a force user and even then its trash. Pretty sure you're in the minority here. There's a reason they basically cancelled kotet and jumped into onslaught.

I think that's what bugs me.

In previous stories, they at least tried to make every class work.

In KOTET, they took what was clearly just meant to be Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior's expansion stories and condensed it into everyone's.

I think that's what bugs me.

In previous stories, they at least tried to make every class work.

In KOTET, they took what was clearly just meant to be Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior's expansion stories and condensed it into everyone's.

It was initially tolerable for me because I played a Jedi. When I ran through it on a non force user class I was like "this is stupid and makes no sense."