6.1.2 Conquest Changes - xxx: Mission Complete

Screaming_Ziva

"Increased the requirement of planetary Mission Complete Conquest Objectives to require 2 Mission completions (up from 1)."

This is an absolutely awful change. I really don't understand the reasoning of making conquest harder to complete. This change is pretty much double the time for the same amount of points.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I agree, I don't think it makes it harder just more time consuming. Some planets like Voss only have 4 missions and all 4 are time consuming, now we need to do another one? I'd rather they just lower the amount of conquest it gives then make me do this on some planets.

"Increased the requirement of planetary Mission Complete Conquest Objectives to require 2 Mission completions (up from 1)."

This is an absolutely awful change. I really don't understand the reasoning of making conquest harder to complete. This change is pretty much double the time for the same amount of points.

I really don't think thats going to break the game. And the good news is you can still only do 1 mission to get.

Complete heroic + complete bonus mission inside said heroic. done

It is not a problem. It doesn't take that long. It really isn't a big deal. Geez. I already met my goal on one character today by doing : Weekly for Ziost, 3 heroics on Corellia, and the kill quotas on Corellia as well while I was doing all 3 heroics. Edited by casirabit

I'm not a fan of reducing any conquest points or doing anything to conquest that negatively affects it in any way. And wasn't there a repeatable conquest objective of killing 200 enemies? It appears to be gone.....awesome. I was just starting to get back into the game with all the good conquest changes. I felt like it was in a pretty good spot, though some objectives needed increasing. I hope the reduction of points for some activities isn't the start of more negative things to come. It's not game breaking so far. Just wish they'd put the nerf hammer away for all aspects of the game.

This change is inconsequential.

Step 1: Choose Heroic on Planet w/ Bonus Mission.

Step 2: Know that the Bonus Mission will probably require you to kill some more baddies which you were going to do anyway for the Kill 25 / Kill 50 bonus.

Step 3: Do a dance and picture Dasty the Hutt bustin out a nasty move with you in an itsy bitsy teenie weenie, rainbow podka-dotted speedo that he (I) wore for the first time today.

:rak_03: Eww, I'm referring to myself in the third Hutt.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Step 2: Know that the Bonus Mission will probably require you to kill some more baddies which you were going to do anyway for the Kill 25 / Kill 50 bonus.

Step 3: Do a dance and picture Dasty the Hutt bustin out a nasty move with you in an itsy bitsy teenie weenie, rainbow podka-dotted speedo that he (I) wore for the first time today.

Dasty

True, but it might put a dampner on people who use multiple alts for CQ, more alts you use, the harder it is for CQ. And for some people CQ has become a big part of thier gameplay, this is a step backwards. What are they gonna cut next? We all know, it is coming.

True, but it might put a dampner on people who use multiple alts for CQ, more alts you use, the harder it is for CQ. And for some people CQ has become a big part of thier gameplay, this is a step backwards. What are they gonna cut next? We all know, it is coming.

I completed 5 toons on one faction in less than an hour doing heroics (and plan to do another at least 15 tonight afterw work). its a non issue.

Are you seriously complaining about conquest being harder to get?

It’s so easy now, even with these new changes. Before the patch last night, my wife and I obtained conquest on our family imp and rep sister guilds for small planet in the space 2 hours. We got 6 alts each through in our first 2 hours of play for the week.

If it now takes and extra hour to do that, we are not going to be upset.

I'm just patching now, but I have to say, the conquest changes were more positive than negative.

Sure, you can't do "Man with steel voice" as your one and done heroic on Hutta. You have to do a second one.

Or you do Toxic Bombs and get the bonus & mission in only about 90 seconds more time.

Maybe you have to do a few more, per toon, to get to 50k...which adds time

but it is still MUCH faster than it used to be.

The benefit from this is for the PVP players.

2nd and 3rd level conquest points were added for pvp type matches.

That's a much bigger bonus to a completely legitimate complaint from recent history.

Dasty

Really … Itsy bitsy teenie weenie (should be ) yellow polka dot bikini I remember when that song was first released !!

UGH ! Now I've got that image stuck in my head …. again !! :eek:

OH … back on topic !!

The fact is .. we still have multiple ways to get the goals we need. And that is a good thing !

I mix mine with one weekly and then heroics and I tend to do the complete heroics for the planet, I.E-Three for Corellia, etc.. Got 2 to their goals already for the short time I was able to play today so don't think it a big deal right now.

Edited by casirabit

I mix mine with one weekly and then heroics and I tend to do the complete heroics for the planet, I.E-Three for Corellia, etc.. Got 2 to their goals already for the short time I was able to play today so don't think it a big deal right now.

I read it wrong, I thought you needed two heroics, but it's two planetary missions, which most heroics have bonus missions attached, so it hasn't really changed much, well for me anyway...lol

Doing daily planetaries remains a vastly superior pathway to conq when compared to - anything else-

All multiplayer content, GSF and PvP in particular, are pure garbage now in comparsion/ in this context. This nerf is super cautious and changes nothing.

Meanwhile, PVP (and dare I hope, GSF!?) OBJECTIVES MENTIONED IN PATCHNOTES ARE NOWHERE TO BE SEEN.

There are well over 90 daily repeatable conq objectives orbiting planetary missions available. Every. Single. Week. No multiplayer-oriented playstyle has even 10% of that.

People who used to kill 50 mobs before moving on to another planet will not even notice this nerf. I recon this approach was most efficient in the long run anyway.

Edited by Stradlin

I read it wrong, I thought you needed two heroics, but it's two planetary missions, which most heroics have bonus missions attached, so it hasn't really changed much, well for me anyway...lol

It's cool bud !!

BTW.. I don't know of anyone who is actually running every planetary mission (supposedly over 90) heroics / dailies / other in order to get what they want. I think we all knew that there would be a few tweaks along the way.

But there are so many positives that still available. I have no doubt that the game can and will continue to grow.

So for now … I'll eat my cake and enjoy the glass of water that is still 1/2 full.

;)

I completed 5 toons on one faction in less than an hour doing heroics (and plan to do another at least 15 tonight afterw work). its a non issue.

wow, you are like the best swtor player ever. If it is a non-issue for this guy, then its a non-issue for everyone

Bad change.

Sure, on some planets and some play styles, nothing will change (e.g. always did the bonus while running Toxic Bombs on Balmorra, no change).

On others, it is a change which will require more time (e.g. chained a bunch of heroics using stealth such as Toxic Bombs, Spring Thaw, Rock and a Hard Place, now must do the bonus, if there is one, or run another heroic on planet, either of which easily double the time spent).

And yes, there are still plenty of activities and most are still very quick, so in the grand scheme not a huge issue.

But taken along with the nerfs to some of the other daily objectives (amps, decorating, assigning skill points), and considering BW's history, who is to say it stops with these changes?

Next patch maybe planet dailies require 3 or 4, or get restricted by level range, or set to once per week. Maybe they just outright reduce the number of materials given, since the only reason many of us are trying to cap multiple characters is because of the idiotic requirement for conquest materials in all current crafting, and the only reasoning I can see for the changes made is to slow down material acquisition.

Anyways, I dislike the change and am expressing my displeasure that this patch has gone backwards with conquest (albeit not a lot - but backwards none the less), introduced a ****** UI element no one asked for and which does not improve functionality, botched crew skills, and launched a raid only .01% of the base will run - all while NOT addressing any of the major issues that continually get brought up by large portions of the player base.

So back to preferred and logging in infrequently - not rewarding a company that finds it acceptable to waste the precious few resources they have making changes such as nerfing conquest, adding crap no one wants or likes, or is only applicable for a very, very small minority of the player base.

Edited by DawnAskham

Dasty

So I just had a vision of a hutt in a bikini. If I have trouble sleeping tonight I am blaming you.

Not a fan of this change, conquest seemed fine as it was. True it is only one more mission per planet, but when running through with all of my toons this will get tedious quickly and discourage me from doing conquest.

Yep, what could possibly be in need of tuning in this:

https://i.imgur.com/nc32fRe.png

Lol, just noticed all it takes is a mission with bonus component to be able to breeeeze through this stuff just like you used to. Most cautious and pointless nerf ever.

Huuge massive disparity between soloable planetaries and all other content remains virtrually untouched. You remove/lessen this disparity either rby nerfing planetaries to ground or buffing pretty much ALL other content.

Takes hour and a half to reach conq target via GSF.

Takes like 15 mins to reach it via planetaries. Less than 10 mins if you combine single planetary mission and gifting companions etc Good stuff. Very cool. Sometimes, some other playstyles get theme weeks.

GSF and PvP have more than two (GSF) and four (pvp) daily objectives available maybe 14 days a year. FPs have a pretty decent selection much more often - around six or so daily objectives are there every third week at least. .

Planetaries though? Around 100 objectives. Every day. Every week.

Edited by Stradlin

At first, I was a little irked that my Jedi characters would no longer be able to do the "Tython : Mission Complete" daily objective, since Tython only has one repeatable mission, "Chamber of Speech."

(The Jedi seemed to get the short end of the stick there, since Korriban, Ord Mantell, and Hutta have two, three, and four Heroics respectively.)

Then I remembered that "Chamber of Speech" has a Bonus Mission attached to it, so in fact, a Jedi character can still complete the "Tython : Mission Complete" objective.

It seems to me that this change doesn't really affect gameplay very much at all ... which is actually what bothers me about it. Why invest the time and effort to make a change to the game that doesn't actually DO anything? To me, this looks very much like another example of somebody changing the game JUST for the sake of changing things. There's no real constructive value to this.

And wasn't there a repeatable conquest objective of killing 200 enemies? It appears to be gone.....awesome.

It was called "Galactic Rampage : Defeat Enemies."

To be precise, it was a non-repeatable objective (meaning that you could only complete it ONCE per Legacy, during the entire week's Conquest) that required defeating 200 enemies, and gave a really big reward.

Once you completed it, it was then followed by an infinitely repeatable objective that also required defeating 200 enemies, but gave a much smaller reward.

It looks to me like each week's Conquest has a few non-repeatable Objectives. If you set your Conquest Objectives list to "Sort by Repeatable," you will be able to see all of the non-repeatable ones in one short list.

The non-repeatable Objectives seem to change from week to week. Last week, it was "Defeat 200 Enemies" and "Complete 35 Missions."

This week, it's "Harvest 30 Resource Nodes" and "Complete 25 Crew Skills Missions."

So the "Defeat 200 Enemies" objective will probably return at some point, but again, you'll only be able to do it for the one week.