In Praise of the 6.1.1 Conquest Overhaul

xordevoreaux

My only complaint besides the annoying popup, is that it seemed silly to give level 46 imperial agent on last mission of chapter 2 a conquest to "ride a taxi" that's more appropriate for level 1 character still in prologue. Ditto give companion a gift.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is podracing* "play your way".

For the last 6 months, I played like this: Choose one character a day and calculate how I can get him/her to 50k without wanting to throw my laptop out of the window. It was a game of thrones* calculation and minmaxing my activities.

Now I just play the game my way and my chars hit 50k while doing it. No more calculations, no more planning.

Thank you. :)

*Can't you cross out words on this forum?

For the last 6 months, I played like this: Choose one character a day and calculate how I can get him/her to 50k without wanting to throw my laptop out of the window. It was a game of thrones* calculation and minmaxing my activities.

Now I just play the game my way and my chars hit 50k while doing it. No more calculations, no more planning.

Absolutely agreed! The former Conquests system was a horror for people with a lot of alts and who used alts for crafting and such. You had to grind far too much to be able to get a few mats, being forced to play in a very specific way. You couldn't do what you enjoyed doing - like doing dailies for me - and see it as a viable way of getting your personal Conquest goal completed. Now, the new system is very alt-friendly from what I have seen and allows you to engage with the content that you actually like. It's amazing :)

Agreed, it is a LOT better than it was before! You would have to try very hard *not* to hit the conquest goal.

That said, I have two small suggestions:

1) create a way to sort the conquest goals now that the list is so very long. Maybe a separate list for completed goals(?)

2) rebalance some of the rewards. Some goals are extremely easy yet give a lot of points in comparison to more difficult goals

Edited by Gokkus

Agreed, it is a LOT better than it was before! You would have to try very hard *not* to hit the conquest goal.

That said, I have two small suggestions:

1) create a way to sort the conquest goals now that the list is so very long. Maybe a separate list for completed goals(?)

2) rebalance some of the rewards. Some goals are extremely easy yet give a lot of points in comparison to more difficult goals

As long as they boost points for more time consuming conquest missions rather than nerf everything I'm good with adjustments.

That's a small tweak to the system I could get behind yeah. The more time-consuming objectives should yield a lot of points while the more easily completed ones could benefit from a teeny, tiny nerf. But not yet, not now, the new system should be thoroughly tested first.

I usually don't post here often, if at all anymore. But I will say...I completely 100 percent support this big conquest change! The points you get from it by actually playing the game, rather than it being just an afterthought system is fantastic! This is how I always wanted conquest to be. To be tied into a big part of the game, rather than just "something you do" like the space combat. Conquest always felt like a different part of the game to me and that wasn't right.

Now? It finally feels like something again. It FEELS like an integral part of the game. Anybody in the guild can contribute by doing anything. Things we do in game usually are now rewarded with Conquest points and objectives. Tons of additions to objectives was totally the thing to do.

I completely disagree with your comments about conquest losing it's shape and purpose and i will rebuttal by saying THIS IS what Conquest should have been from the start. A way for people to get points towards the system by just playing the game and having many fun things to do, rather than just having a list of just 12 or so things to do every week, feel burnt out...and then there's nothing. Conquest was boring before. Now? It's reinvigorated and what it should have always been!

BioWare needs to not listen to the negative players that complain, and they should go with what they do. Much like with this conquest. Built on good feedback and people testing! This is absolutely fantastic and I can speak for my guild and I, we do MUCH more because of this and ALL of things we do in game now are rewarded. Most of the stuff we do are heroic missions grouped, take out enemies on different worlds, and things like that. Now we can do that while feeling even MORE like we are contributing to something than just doing the same 2 or 3 objectives each day.

There's much more to do, there are more objectives and it's a ton of fun! Conquest is now a PART of the game. not just an afterthought that was forgotten anymore. Lost it's purpose? No! If anything...it GAINED a big purpose and a point now!

Bravo to BioWare for absolutely nailing it! :D:D

As long as they boost points for more time consuming conquest missions rather than nerf everything I'm good with adjustments.

The whole point of these additions, was to make conquest a part of the game now, instead of just some afterthought like it was before. This is absolutely fantastic with the amount of stuff to do now to contribute to points! You can just play the game now how you want...and you get points! This is how it should have been from the start!

That's a small tweak to the system I could get behind yeah. The more time-consuming objectives should yield a lot of points while the more easily completed ones could benefit from a teeny, tiny nerf. But not yet, not now, the new system should be thoroughly tested first.

I fear that any nerf, because we know how EA over-nerfs, will result in the easier conquest items being suddenly useless. Those easier items are the only ones that levels 10-20 have access to, and part of the point of 6.1.1 was to throw open the door to < 30's to contribute, in a truly meaningful way, to conquest.

While many consider their end-game situation, please let us not forget our lowby brethren who might not be sitting on a pile of completed datacrons, legacy unlocks, and other handy ways to slog through the content available to them. We need to remember that completing one's personal conquest goal is now a level 10 - 75 undertaking, not just a level 50 - 75 undertaking.

Beware the EA nerf bat, for it is heavy, and swings indiscriminately.

Edited by xordevoreaux

This. This is the reason why the conquest change was needed. Imagine a reward system that only rewarded a few. Kind of terrible. Now imagine the same system rewarding any player of any level for any content. The conquest tasks are not a to-do list and shouldn't be looked at that way. It's a list of things that are rewarded while playing. OMG....a reward system that rewards players for playing. A truly radical concept to some I guess.

This new conquest system and new additions are totally awesome and ENCOURAGES playing and having alts! You GET points while you play! Tremendous. For those saying "not enough challenge". Go to an operation or something...stop ruining things for the rest of us because you want to compete :p

This. This is the reason why the conquest change was needed. Imagine a reward system that only rewarded a few. Kind of terrible. Now imagine the same system rewarding any player of any level for any content. The conquest tasks are not a to-do list and shouldn't be looked at that way. It's a list of things that are rewarded while playing. OMG....a reward system that rewards players for playing. A truly radical concept to some I guess.

yap! it's great! you can just play the game AND be contributing to conquest. how it should have been this whooole time! it's GREAT.

I like having a few easy conquest objectives that give noticeable amounts of points. It gives a helping hand if you have a limited amount of time or focus but still want to make progress. Since they're available to everyone, I think we should look at them as bonuses, not as something that detracts from other objectives.

I also suspect it's a way to get people to learn about lesser-used features in the game, which I think is a good design idea.

I like having a few easy conquest objectives that give noticeable amounts of points. It gives a helping hand if you have a limited amount of time or focus but still want to make progress. Since they're available to everyone, I think we should look at them as bonuses, not as something that detracts from other objectives.

I also suspect it's a way to get people to learn about lesser-used features in the game, which I think is a good design idea.

Yes, absolutely! People will look at the objectives and be prompted to look into them to see what they entail. It's a great way to have people interact with more areas from the game.

And absolutely, for example, if you ran several FPs or if you PVPed for a bit and are close to reaching the Conquest goal but not there yet entirely, you can pick one of the easy doable objectives and finish your personal goal. It's great :)

Yes, absolutely! People will look at the objectives and be prompted to look into them to see what they entail. It's a great way to have people interact with more areas from the game.

And absolutely, for example, if you ran several FPs or if you PVPed for a bit and are close to reaching the Conquest goal but not there yet entirely, you can pick one of the easy doable objectives and finish your personal goal. It's great :)

I can speak for myself AND my guild. All of us absolutely LOVE this! All of this stuff that we do in game is now in conquest! We can play the game and still contribute to the conquest points! We don't have to keep going out of our way to do "boring conquest" and feel stressed doing it...as most members did before.

Now? everybody LOVES doing conquest! They get points just by playing the game. It's how it should be. This is bloody fantastic. I hope bioware doesn't take anything away or mess anything up. I'm even MORE ecstatic and this system now than I was when the change went in conquest that gives conquest points for doing anything in the game xp wise.

THIS opens up the game even more and allows people to do the content they WANT. Thank you BioWare!!

A guildie who is a newer player and only has a decent amount of three strongholds unlocked because I gave him the money for them (remember, newer player without the millions older players have built up), and just got a character to level 50 for the first time a couple of days ago loves this because he feels like he can actually help contribute to the guild getting the encryptions we need to open our flagship.

The last version? The stuff I did to get two toons to personal target wasn't enough for him to get even one to personal target and he spent just as much time working his one as I did my two. (He also has ten hour days at work--the plague aside--, so it's not like he can sit there all day grinding conquest.)

I love the new Conquest system.

This is essentially the game I had hoped we would get with KotFE and KotET. I keep thinking about how amazing this would all be if they had the resources they had back then...

Oh well, game is on the right track now. I will just be happy with that and the fact that, suddenly, I have gone from playing maybe one character at a time to actually wanting to play all my alts.

I love the new system.

Yes, it's easy to make jokes about getting 5k from hailing a cab, but more player freedom in how we achieve our goals is a very good thing. This is why I'm playing SWTOR and not WoW where everyone is forced into the same dreary repetitive content and punished with a time-gate on top of it.

I love the new system.

Yes, it's easy to make jokes about getting 5k from hailing a cab, but more player freedom in how we achieve our goals is a very good thing. This is why I'm playing SWTOR and not WoW where everyone is forced into the same dreary repetitive content and punished with a time-gate on top of it.

It's absolutely fantastic and breathes new life into the game! EVERYBODY I talk to loves it 100 percent! It's awesome that it's now tied into the game, instead of being some afterthought! :D

It's absolutely fantastic and breathes new life into the game! EVERYBODY I talk to loves it 100 percent! It's awesome that it's now tied into the game, instead of being some afterthought! :D

yes, it's great, and as I mentioned before, it's great for F2P's, and also as a new player with no 75's (at present, but working on it) it gives us lots of new options.

I am sort of a weird player in that I mainly like to play through the story missions from 1-50 and don't really do any endgame content. I also like to do the pve space missions, which I guess is also weird. Before this week, I achieved my personal conquest a grand total of one (1) time, and that was two weeks ago during the rakghoul event. In general, trying to achieve it would have required abandoning all the things I actually like to do in the game in favor of the ones that Bioware arbitrarily decided were more important. So, I'm really happy that story missions and space missions now reward conquest points, and that there are rampages for multiple planets. I now have the ability to do conquest while playing how I like to play. Whether or not they choose to tweak the amount of points for some objectives later on, I hope they keep the same variety of activities available.

I am sort of a weird player in that I mainly like to play through the story missions from 1-50 and don't really do any endgame content. I also like to do the pve space missions, which I guess is also weird.

You are guessing wrong. Your playstyle is totally normal. :D

Ontopic: I just had the most fun evening in-game in a very long time. I played just some casual stuff with alts which I didn't touch in a long time, and I got 4 of them to 50k, just by PLAYING MY WAY.

It even looks like the guild of my 2nd generation chars (4 players, 3 of them playing very seldomly) can hit 500.000 points for the first time ever. :eek: I don't remember the last time when doing something in this game felt so rewarding. :o

I applaud BW for the new Conquest. *clap :cool:

Edited by JattaGin

the new additions and conquest change is absolutely fantastic. Pay no attention to that other guy spamming forums, trying to get bioware to put it back to how it was. we dont need EVERYTHING to be a big challenge or competition in this game. We need more things to do, and more to be incorporated..such as conquest is now! and it's fantastic.

It's staying this way whether or not the ones who dont like it approve or not. It's great! BioWare? don't touch a thing!:D

I'm posting this to rise above the din of a few ardent nay-sayers. The Devs need to see there's also a solid, positive response to the 6.1.1 changes.

First, the ding:

Give us an option in preferences to suppress the conquest update message. If it's felt by the devs that it's necessary for us to know on the HUD our real-time advancement of conquest points, then put a (small) progress wheel somewhere out of the way, but even that might prove too much clutter for some. It could be a third, thin progress bar beneath our renown bar.

Now the praise:

This system is by far the most generous and widely-available conquest system ever, and that's a good thing.

6.1.1 addresses many of the shortfalls and perceived sleights many players have posted on the forum.

The ease of access for conquest points ensures that soloers, role-players who don't engage in certain content, casual players with limited time to play, and members in small guilds have an abundance of choice and opportunity. Good job.

Gone is the need to follow a pre-defined sluice of just a few options to reach personal weekly conquest, a sluice which, for some, proved a hurdle to achieving personal goals because not everyone could or would jump into that sluice. Good job.

The ability for players playing low-level characters to acquire significant conquest points is a huge gain for guilds of all sizes. As a guild leader, no longer am I looking at the roster, seeing a bunch of under-30 somethings logged on, and having to think to myself that they'll be able to contribute to conquest meaningfully... eventually.

6.1.1 grants them that power now, right where they are in terms of their progress, and doing what they're doing. Good job.

The pendulum has swung in the right direction for conquest.

Thank you, EA.

^yes....

For the first time in 6 years I have finally finished my daily Conquest. Never before have I been able to do that. Now my one man guild can gain in Conquest points. I don't have to PvP or do Ops. I don't have to spend hours crafting (which I very much dislike). All I can say is good job and thank you from all the little guilds, solo players, and NON pvpers......

^yes....

For the first time in 6 years I have finally finished my daily Conquest. Never before have I been able to do that. Now my one man guild can gain in Conquest points. I don't have to PvP or do Ops. I don't have to spend hours crafting (which I very much dislike). All I can say is good job and thank you from all the little guilds, solo players, and NON pvpers......

At the heart of the matter is this, more people are getting conquest, enjoying the game their way, etc. They can access CQ without having to resort to content that doesn't interest them. The trolls are complaining, probably because the value of the mats, which come from CQ are falling fast, they are so caught up in lost earnings they've lost all rational thoughts.

It seems there are probably four accounts, maybe a little more, complaining, and quite possibly, they are the same person, or they are playing human centipede and are so far in to 'it' that you can't tell them apart. Either way, the mods need to step in, and clear out the forums :rolleyes: