How to Turn off this Irritating Conquest pop-up?

Ooloi

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least the DvL and Renown can be clicked away. That should be the case with all of these, as a minimum. But yes, I'd like to see more control of this type of thing given to the player (size, placing, show/not show, etc.). Edited by Eiter

SO they happen to have it disabled for a small portion of the game, but not across the whole game everywhere?

I'm not quite happy with how that makes me feel.

I've enjoyed this game without the conquest thing, I would like to disable the banner completely. I see the progress in the chat window, which is good enough for me.

Conquest hasnt enhaqnced anything for my gaming expeirnece, it's been a downgrade. A visual annoyance most of ther time....

I have died once because of the banner hiding relevant information on my screen (i.e. enemy health bars). Had some hostiles spawn next to me, and I didnt see them because the conquest banner was in the way.

I would like the Conquest progress to be AoD (Available on Demand). And option to disable it in the interface editor.

I dont like a large portion of my screen obstructed during combat, any combat anywhere in the game.

I dont know what conquest has added other than visuals telling me I gained some experience somewhere.

My enjoyment of the game is impaired by the banner, so I would rather not have the banner at all.

Here is what I see, and it is obstructing two enemies HP bars, I cant see past the banner, this is open world PvE content:

https://i.imgur.com/yh3PlxP.jpg

I can see the Conquest progress in the chat window just fine. I dont need the large visual in addition to that.

If they MUST have the banner there for whatever reason, please put the enemy health bars over the Banner, not behind the conquest banner please. the banner is too obstructive to my usual gameplay.

TL: DR:

I want the option to disable the Conquest Banner no matter where I am in game. The banner isnt 'improving' my game in any way, instead, the banner is making the game less enjoyable.

Edited by Tocken

Patch notes: While in Operations or Master Mode Flashpoints, the Conquest Achievement banner will only appear if you are out of combat.

Why only Master mode? This just popped up under the DvL banner during a boss fight in veteran mode. You guys need to get rid of these banners. Why do you want to have things in your video game that hurt video game playing? It's a VIDEO game.... we need to see what's going on! It's the basic requirement of VIDEO! o.O

If this were an Audio Game, we don't care about the banners, but it's a Video Game! Visual. We need to see what is going on.

BW: "Look we understand wha..."

NO, I don't think you do! You're blocking the screen so we can't see what we're doing.

BW: "We paid some artist good money to make...."

I DON'T CARE! It's still a video game! You obviously don't play your own game!

BW: "We check the GTN from time to..."

THAT'S NOT PLAYING your video game!

Does anybody know if the Secret World is any good?

Edited by Zerileth

Get rid of it, and the guild ownership one, and the dark vs. Light one. Add a UI editor box for "spam" and put it in that.

Seriously, please do this. When a feature is modeled after relentless adware pop-ups, it's not a convenience; it's an incredible annoyance. "Spam" is an appropriate description of the nonsense popping up on screen. Sometimes an innocent intention turns out to be a bad idea. This is such a case. All of these cursed pop-ups (containing non-essential information easily accessible elsewhere) is beyond tiresome. Provide an option to block all of these pop-ups.

• 3 weeks later...
This pop-up is huge and irritating and a massive nuisance. At the very least we should be given the ability to disable or even resize it! I tried changing the System Messages bubble in my interface editor, hoping it was part of that (since it appears in the same area of the screen), but sadly it had no affect on the Conquest pop-up. This thing is so obnoxious I'm seriously considering switching to a different MMO.

Does anybody know if the Secret World is any good?

I played TSW for years. Most awesome story of any MMO out there with some amazing riddles and puzzle quests that don't baby you with marks on the map like most MMOs do. You have to figure them out or consult a guide the old-fashioned way. Unfortunately with the game's re-release as Secret World Legends they dumbed down the combat and build system (which is half of what made the game good) and made gearing pay-to-win. If all you care about is story and the quests, Legends is literally the exact same game in terms of graphics, maps, dungeons, and story, although parts of the original endgame still have yet to be implemented.

My recommendation is that if you want to play TSW seriously and can find an old account for sale, buy one. Existing accounts that bought the original buy-to-play game can still play it, but you can no longer buy it new. If you just want to experience the story and the amazing puzzle quests and don't care about gearing or endgame, get the F2P Legends instead.

Sorry @OP for off-topic reply, but he asked. :)

Edited by Aulus_Claudius

• 3 weeks later...
This is the same ui element you get when entering your stronghold. People have been asking for the ability to "adjust" this for years to no avail. Here is a test ... if any dev have looks at this please reply in this thread ;-) Edited by Incarnatus

This would be nice. You get the conquest pop up for doing literally anything in game. Sell junk, conquest pop up. Use a companion gift, conquest pop up. Place down a decoration, you see where this is going? It spams you for doing anything you could think of.

Sometimes its when you really don't want anything popping on your screen either..

Edited by ironkevin

Bump!

Bumping is against the ToS, especially when someone just posted on it yesterday. Best way to get around thaat, is to reply to the last thread, and add a bit extra. We need to keep this in view of the devs, so they can do something with it, but not at the risk of getting banned, or the thread locked :)

i am 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000% agreed that this needs either a check box to turn it off in preference or allow us to edit it in editor mode

often im fighting baddies and it pops up distracting me its really annoying.

do something bioware

ANYTHING that appears in the UI should have a corresponding element in the UI editor allowing players to toggle the element on or off, scale, position, etc.

The conquest pop up along with the guild control / stronghold banner should have editable elements in the UI editor.

ANYTHING that appears in the UI should have a corresponding element in the UI editor allowing players to toggle the element on or off, scale, position, etc.

The conquest pop up along with the guild control / stronghold banner should have editable elements in the UI editor.

There's been a few threads here, and on the pts, saying excatly the same thing, hopefully one of these days they'll either listen, or actually explain whyit can't be done.

If you're recording game play and one of those pop up appears its going to ruin your video.

The amount of videos that I've had ruined when that pop out shows up in a cut scene especially when it's too late to ESC makes me sad. I don't mind the pop ups while in the middle of gameplay but there should definitely be zero notifications in cut scenes.

The other thing I hate seeing in the middle of my screen in giant red and blue...which faction is leading. I don't need that glaring in the middle of my screen any more than I want to see which guild controls which sector. There should be an option to turn those off. They both are highly annoying.

has this been fixed yet?

This has been going on for years. The same thing occurs with the Stronghold ui popup element. Both are are in exactly the same place on the screen. They are one and the same thing. No developer has ever responded to either issues on this forum ....

Someone earlier in this post suggested disabling the System Message ui element ... tried it and it does not remove this annoying alert that pops up just when you do not want it!

There's been a few threads here, and on the pts, saying excatly the same thing, hopefully one of these days they'll either listen, or actually explain whyit can't be done.

I've been following this for a while now:

I must admit there are a few that (IMO) should be made a part of the UI much in the same fashion the rest of the UI is done.

I'm quite certain that all of this (along with another phase of the UI testing that was recently looked at) is all done in conjunction with the CQ update.

*** The CQ update itself was a huge improvement.

*** The UI updates... well … truthfully … needs to be utilized the way the REST of the UI is done.

*** Custom design (size options … just like the rest)

*** Moveable (set it out of the way)

*** En / DIS able (as needed)

THIS should apply to:

*LS / DS announcements

*CQ advancements

*SH info

*** any other future additions.

IMO the SWTOR UI is one of the better ones out there. Just simply keep it consistent... customizable. None of us would do it exactly the same … Soooo IMO … these new additions (some of them not so new) .. should be treated the same as the rest of the interface.

What's really irritating is the "GUILD CONTROLS THIS PLANET" pop-up that you can't close, sometimes takes a long time to go away, AND prevents you from clicking in that spot. If I could use the interface editor to remove it, I would.

Seconded. Worse still, sometimes it bugs out and just stays on the screen for several minutes. Nothing can be done and I have to go through cutscenes with that stupid pop-up closing half the characters' faces.

And why would I even need that info? Legit question; I only do solo PvE content, so, I don't know, maybe it's really that important for guild members or PvP peeps to know which guild controls the planet. Is it really such an essential piece of information? Can someone chime in?

[quote=perotta;9853463

And why would I even need that info?

The info is not really for you, it's basically a small prize for the guild that wins the planet, bragging rights, etc. But yup, they should fix it so it goes when it's supposed to.