Conquest lost its shape and purpose

Stradlin

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when Personal Conquest was tied to a toon and legacy. I could finish 40 toons in a couple hours by crafting. Now? no go. Only one toon will benefit from each daily. Trying to get more than 5-10 toons before (today) was painful if you didn't want to just sit and grind the same crap over and over. The new system is much better. Only thing that would make it better is going old school and tying to per toon instead of legacy again. let the points flow, more people able to finish conquest, smaller guilds able to challenge bigger ones.

Might as well just get rid of personal conquest and just auto mail the rewards to everyone.

That, or have literal button on fleet. Press it for 30k conq. 24 hour cooldown. People complaining about that button would get flayed here. " wth I love that button! Stop being so selfish and telling me how to earn my conq!! Finally, I have a diverse exciting and engaging way to earn conquest!!"

..I really, truly wish my button-idea were some great hyberboly. . Current companion conq stuff is pretty much literally just this.

Its so frustrsating to watch BW do this back and forth dance with what they want conq to be. For a long while now, it has been pretty rewarding and unique replacement of end game. Now it has relevancy of legacy xp.

Edited by Stradlin

Lose a warzone or a GSF match and you get less conquest than you would get selling vendor trash on companion. Would you argue this is how it should be?

As a result, it is likely activities that need other players have less people in queue pools, LFG channels and so on. Comparatively speaking, you get rewareded less for this stuff now. People who actually DO like Warzones, GSF or other stuff that benefits from a busy queue get to see this side of the game suffering.

Group content should be fun enough on it's own merits that people would want to try it and would want to come back if they do. Group content already gets renown, fragments, exp. & conquest points much faster than solo, but there also quite a few exclusive rewards as well. If group content needs to coerce solo inclined players into grouping in order to have enough people playing, then there are much bigger problems than conquest having some overly easy solo objectives. If group content can't attract and keep enough players, then start brain storming why instead of relying on the band-aid of pushing players into content they don't want to participate in. Stop thinking of solo players as nothing more than queue fodder. Sure, some will discover they like something, but others will hate it, bad mouth it, and quit the game entirely if they feel like they are second class citizens.

The way I see the purpose of these changes, was that you could go out and play whatever you wanted and hit cq, without feeling like you had to go do something you hated. People who love pvp and fps will continue to do them, if anything you might lose a cpl of people that forced themselves to do them, because points but, they hated it.

Also, if you burn through all the quick objectives (which is really easy to do) and still want to play that day, like a lot of us that love the game, you can still earn cq from doing what you want, whether it be group stuff or weeklies.

However, I could understand them locking the companion gifting and selling trash behind tier 1, people under level 50.

Edited by Krazhez

And now the OP has gone and made another thread about the same subject. Let's stop feeding the obvious troll.

It is very tempting to just declare people you disagree as trolls. Disagree with my arguments but try to stop going after poster making them. See how I can argue your points withot making my reply about you? It isn't hard.

It is very tempting to just declare people you disagree as trolls. Disagree with my arguments but try to stop going after poster making them. See how I can argue your points withot making my reply about you? It isn't hard.

Then don't paint yourself off as a troll. You're doing it yourself.

I tried discussing the subject with you but you answered none of my questions nor did you provide concrete proof or evidence when I asked for it. You just kept repeating your own thing again and again without going into what anyone said in a meaningful way.

Edited by Ylliarus

The way I see the purpose of these changes, was that you could go out and play whatever you wanted and hit cq, without feeling like you had to go do something you hated. People who love pvp and fps will continue to do them, if anything you might lose a cpl of people that forced themselves to do them, because points but, they hated it.

Also, if you burn through all the quick objectives (which is really easy to do) and still want to play that day, like a lot of us that love the game, you can still earn cq from doing what you want, whether it be group stuff or weeklies.

However, I could understand them locking the companion gifting and selling trash behind tier 1, people under level 50.

Is a reasonable way to see all this.. However, I think people are gluttons for rewards and efficiency when playing video games. Just how it works. People driven by conquest find it " fun and rewarding" when they tackle content that gives tons of it as efficiently as possible. If this is best achieved by doing a qucik warzone with your pals.. thats where you find em. If it is something much more simple..such as selling vendor trash and facerolling few heroic missions in stealth.. thats where you find em instead. If fleet had a literal button you press for conq.. people would be there instead. And hate on those arguing for removal of the button.

When huge portion of playerbase reaches conq target by doing simple and straightforward stuff, what happens to queue pools of more exotic content? (im thinking lowbie warzones, GSF)

Go to an SH and place 5 deco items. You've now made more conq than you get for a WZ match you don't win. This is a daily repeatable. You sure you wanna go do that WZ for conq?

Edited by Stradlin

6 days and 19 hours and change to go....

Already the mega guilds are at 6M -8M conquest points....So how were these latest changes helping small guilds?

By helping them hit their targets, which has been a huge complaint on these forums for a long time. It will also give them a chance to try for higher yields. It's not all about winning the planet. (The only way I ever see small guilds winning planets is during galactic war, a tiered system that locks guild sizes to certain planets, or huge repeatable crafting like we use to have)

Group content should be fun enough on it's own merits that people would want to try it and would want to come back if they do. Group content already gets renown, fragments, exp. & conquest points much faster than solo, but there also quite a few exclusive rewards as well. If group content needs to coerce solo inclined players into grouping in order to have enough people playing, then there are much bigger problems than conquest having some overly easy solo objectives. If group content can't attract and keep enough players, then start brain storming why instead of relying on the band-aid of pushing players into content they don't want to participate in. .

People like getting rewards for stuff they do. Content that gives the rewards faster&easier is often " better". If simple, fast and straightforward content gives you the same reward time consuming and trickier stuff gives, then notable portion of people likely do the former. It isn't about which content is " better designed" or " more fun", it is about getting things done fast. Game devs are well aware of this and usually place carrots so players end up " having to do" something that comes with longevity. I bet we both have been busy doing just this many times. You think Hammer Station is the most popular FP due to excellent and novel level design, fun boss fights and intereting dialogue?

Lemme put it this way.. If you are very busy and have 30 mins of playtime and want to make some fast conq, you most def are not going to do an FP, or a WZ, or a GSF match, or any grp content. Instead, you sell vendor trash, click your companions some and so on.

How bout answeing some of my questions for a chnage. Currenly, selling vendor trash, giving few gifts to your companion, clicking a button in your inventory and placing 5 deco items in SH is 2x more conquest than doing GSF or WZ weekly. Is this how it should be? Do you consider these tasks equally rewarding, relevant and engaging aspects of gameplay?

Edited by Stradlin

By helping them hit their targets, which has been a huge complaint on these forums for a long time. It will also give them a chance to try for higher yields. It's not all about winning the planet. (The only way I ever see small guilds winning planets is during galactic war, a tiered system that locks guild sizes to certain planets, or huge repeatable crafting like we use to have)

Oh man there would have been so many easy and simple ways to fix this. Simply cutting low yield target to 250k instead of 500 would have been enough.Some people asked BW to makea race track bit easier so BW turned it into a straight line.

Thinking stuff like amount of planets over would have been FAR more sensible way to adjust conq. (amount of planets avbailable was decided and balanced for TOR that had 3 times the servers we now have. Everybody in 3 servers, each server usually fighting for 3 planets. )

Edited by Stradlin

Lose a warzone or a GSF match and you get less conquest than you would get selling vendor trash on companion. Would you argue this is how it should be?

Except the selling trash conquest or taking a flightpath conquest objective is daily, whereas GSF and WZ are infinitely repeatable. You can spend all day spamming WZs and reach your goal faster than someone supplementing their goal by sending companion to sell trash. In the time it takes you to do 2 matches, you've already met or exceeded that one daily objective. And again, do one hour's worth of WZ, and you've likely hit your goal.

As a result, it is likely activities that need other players have less people in queue pools, LFG channels and so on. Comparatively speaking, you get rewareded less for this stuff now. People who actually DO like Warzones, GSF or other stuff that benefits from a busy queue get to see this side of the game suffering.

Conq at its current state encourages and rewards extrremely straightforward and simple gameplay. It encourages people to see it as a daily log in reward, nothing more. Come online, give few gifts to your companion, sell junk, log out. Rewards and conq targets come this easy now.

And as others have said, so what if it's straightforward? I play several toons and am in 3 medium or small guilds. I don't have the desire to have to constantly run content, and get burned out making sure the guilds hit their weekly goals. If this expedites it, and if it helps lower level toons contribute meaningfully and receive rewards also, then all the better. There are issues with conquest, no doubt. But this isn't as catastrophic as you deem it.

Except the selling trash conquest or taking a flightpath conquest objective is daily, whereas GSF and WZ are infinitely repeatable. You can spend all day spamming WZs and reach your goal faster than someone supplementing their goal by sending companion to sell trash. In the time it takes you to do 2 matches, you've already met or exceeded that one daily objective. And again, do one hour's worth of WZ, and you've likely hit your goal.

They are infinitely repeatable, sure. Its just that most people don't have infinite playtime/day. If you have..say, 30 mins of playtime and want to get as much conq as you can to help your guild and/or yourself, you sure as heck won't waste your time by doing anything involving other players. Instead, you get to do diverse and exciting method of selling vendor junk and taking fleet taxis. Meanwhile, those other players who'd love your involvement won't get the FP grp filled or lowbie wz popping. This new..take on conquest almost iinvitably removes people from the multiplayer sphere.

I made a thread/forum game where I tried to make satire out of these ridiculously easy low effort daily conq objectives. It just doesn't work out. Fleet is full of free conq here!-buttons now. You can't really dream up many more ridiculous ones in an effort to ridicule this. Pressing spce bar to jump for conq isn't any dumber than selling vendor trash for conq.Or taking a taxi for conq.I¨'d get it if these were weeklies. They aren't.

This hamster wheel of irrelevancies is at leasty 40k points/day. All doable in few minutes. Less straightforward content has never been this rewarding. And still isn't. So more involving content is now LESS REWARDING than this vendor trash for conq crap.

Edited by Stradlin

I'm at work and can't check for myself... did they do anything for infinitely repeatable objectives? I.e. i would love to have a reason to do more than one op a day, but seeing as there's no reason to do something that won't give significant amounts of cq points just do a sm tc and hm ev, then move along to something that does give actual cq.

For that matter did they actually manage to fix the daily gf op?

How bout answeing some of my questions for a chnage. Currenly, selling vendor trash, giving few gifts to your companion, clicking a button in your inventory and placing 5 deco items in SH is 2x more conquest than doing GSF or WZ weekly. Is this how it should be? Do you consider these tasks equally rewarding, relevant and engaging aspects of gameplay?

This isn't an "either you do this or you do that" situation. There is nothing stopping anyone from doing both. Even NiM raiders can do those quick little objectives before they head off to do a raid.

I do think there needs to be a balancing pass, but I don't think they need to get rid of the quick and easy objectives. And yes, I do find placing decos in my stronghold to be far more relevant and engaging than GSF or PvP. It is a stress free artistic endeavor that gives me great satisfaction.

And?

It makes personal rewards easier. If you want the planetary / guild rewards it changes nothing.

OH NOEZ! Dasty got a crafting mat!!!!! :rak_02:

Dasty

Ok, that’s enough Dasty, hand the crafting mat back, you know you aren’t supposed to be playing around with those. :cool: