(Unofficial) WARNING - SPOILERS ALLOWED - Talk about Onslaught story thread - SPOILER

ZionHalcyon

It was satisfying to become Empire’s Wrath again after so much time, never liked the Alliance anyway, also feels great to work with Malgus again. Slightly disappointing to see how he was downgraded to being a pawn of Dark Council, but it probably won’t last, hope to see more of him in the future. Also they should bring back Jadus.

Weird to have such drastic differences between storylines and canons based on the faction our character is in, it has been going since Iokath and they become even bigger, also don’t really get the whole saboteur thing, haven’t done it but seen some videos, it has more impact on the story than Ossus but you are still doing a lot of harm to the faction you are supposed to work for, will this eventually lead into faction change? Otherwise it is a bit pointless, loyalists for the win.

Kira and Scourge back(finally!), but then the story just ends there...Guess this will be another “Traitor Arc” unfolding over a period of time. The whole premise is a bit meh, BW just can’t let go of Vitiate, even after he is dead we are still dealing with his ****. Also Scourge romance, which is nice.

Onderon brings a lot of good KOTOR 2/TCW memories which is great, loved the place.

So there will obviously be more with Kira and Scourge, also hope to see some more of Malgus and the whole war, the story we have now doesn’t feel as a properly concluded one.

After what she did to Torian and Vette, if they bring her back it better be with the option to toss her face-first into a meat grinder.

If there is also an option to forgive her and have as a companion(and romance), then sure, kill away :D

Edited by Thenightvortex

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My conclusion to the story:

I played it all out 2x with Imp. Char (Dark Side and Sapoteur), as well as 1x Rep. Bright Side..All Force users.

There are differences on both sides on Onderon and it also plays a little bit later. From Mek-Sha it is almost the same dialogue....Good, I'll see away.

The story has actually managed that my saboteur a few times has chosen the dark side. I tell myself that it was necessary.

1. I killed the king. I'll just tell it, I saved Onderon with it. (Ok, it was also very satisfying. :D)

2. I let Malgus kill Savik. She was a very good tactician and dangerous.

3. I ordered Lana to kill Shaar. Likewise, because she was a good tactician.

I found it funny when I let the king's cousins ​​live.Lana writes me a slightly pissed off letter. :D But you also notice how easy Lana can adapt. And how she likes to annoy Jedi (especially little Padawans). :D:D

The cliffhangers were pretty good.

1. Malgus had bombs in his body?:eek: In any case, he has now left. I'm curious what he's up to now.

2. There's a new plague and we're supposed to do a ritual. That will probably be the next chapter. I feel like the Emperor is coming back. Then maybe we'll spend a few chapters killing him again.

Strange, I found that nobody really noticed that I was sapotiating the Imperials. I win almost every battle and now? At least I get a angry letter from Malgus.

Actually, the story was okay. :)

What's being said about the mine droids is true. You have to keep moving and stay out of the red/orange circles they cast. They follow you. On my toon with phase walk it helped to set a point near one of the kolto stations so she could port away and heal up fast when the mine droids boxed her in.

There are also large electrical towers that appear near the end of the fight so you need to stay away from them.

They can be destroyed. I destroyed them on my agent and sorceress so it makes the fight easier after they are destroyed.

My conclusion to the story:

I played it all out 2x with Imp. Char (Dark Side and Sapoteur), as well as 1x Rep. Bright Side..All Force users.

There are differences on both sides on Onderon and it also plays a little bit later. From Mek-Sha it is almost the same dialogue....Good, I'll see away.

The story has actually managed that my saboteur a few times has chosen the dark side. I tell myself that it was necessary.

1. I killed the king. I'll just tell it, I saved Onderon with it. (Ok, it was also very satisfying. :D)

2. I let Malgus kill Savik. She was a very good tactician and dangerous.

3. I ordered Lana to kill Shaar. Likewise, because she was a good tactician.

I found it funny when I let the king's cousins ​​live.Lana writes me a slightly pissed off letter. :D But you also notice how easy Lana can adapt. And how she likes to annoy Jedi (especially little Padawans). :D:D

The cliffhangers were pretty good.

1. Malgus had bombs in his body?:eek: In any case, he has now left. I'm curious what he's up to now.

2. There's a new plague and we're supposed to do a ritual. That will probably be the next chapter. I feel like the Emperor is coming back. Then maybe we'll spend a few chapters killing him again.

Strange, I found that nobody really noticed that I was sapotiating the Imperials. I win almost every battle and now? At least I get a angry letter from Malgus.

Actually, the story was okay. :)

Yes, I was laughing at the note from Malgus with his comments. I actually wanted to say duh wake up......

From what I've understood from someone else who did get their Lana kiss, Lana's flirt/kiss only triggers if you've angered Theron so much that he walks away and Lana is the one who brings up the "Hey there's a party" rather than Theron doing it. Which involves making the DS choice of bombing random targets on Corellia and causing mass casualties.

Maybe, I chose to explode the pub ships as well.

But I tried with my SI, even if you pick the LS option of "don't do it" the Empire doesn't listen to you. Not sure if it's gonna work or not.

Edited by Slowpokeking

After what she did to Torian and Vette, if they bring her back it better be with the option to toss her face-first into a meat grinder.

It's not like Arcann is better. Still Vaylin is evil, but at least her evil was caused by such terrible childhood thanks to her father. So I can't be too mad at her.

I loved playing the new storyline with my sorcerer until the solo flashbook-Operation Meridian. I am not able to being the 822k HP Droid down solo. I can get thru the trash mobs and wipe out. I am as average player and feel rather bad I can't do it. My level rate is 268. HP just under 200k. I thought a combat droid would be available to assist. Do I need to gear up, have I missed anything, am I really that bad a player, Be nice, please 😉

One thing you should watch for that caught me out a time or two with this fight, make SURE your companion has made it down to the floor where the fight takes place with you and doesn't end up stuck on the walkway above that you jumped from, this happened to me twice and made it so the companion couldn't heal me because of the distance. Best to jump down at a distance from the enemies, then dismiss and reacquire your companion so they are definitely closeby before beginning the fight. Other than that, just make sure you keep an eye on your health bar and know where the healing points are. And once the big lightning thingies appear on either side of the area, focus on taking them out before returning to the main fight. Good luck.

Like kissing Theron, it seems to depend on the choice on the civilian matter on Corellia. My friend got a kiss from her, so it's there, it's just a matter if choosing right options to get it (apparently, it should be the DS option).

From what I've understood from someone else who did get their Lana kiss, Lana's flirt/kiss only triggers if you've angered Theron so much that he walks away and Lana is the one who brings up the "Hey there's a party" rather than Theron doing it. Which involves making the DS choice of bombing random targets on Corellia and causing mass casualties.

I did all the DS options on my Loyal SI who had Lana romanced, and even though Theron is supposed to be gone from that particular story due to Nathema, he had lines in the ending cutscene (But was invisible) and he was all angry and stormed off, yet I didn't get anything from Lana still. Just asked about the party, and I think I said no because my SI is for sure not the party type. The only indication of romance was that Lana said if I wasn't going she wasn't either, but I still don't know if she says that regardless of romantic status.

It's not like Arcann is better. Still Vaylin is evil, but at least her evil was caused by such terrible childhood thanks to her father. So I can't be too mad at her.

Tbf I'm like 99% sure Arcann had the exact same father.... So it's not really any better of an excuse for her than it is for him. Always sounds like such BS psychobabble nonsense to me anyways. Scrambling for justification. This is the SW universe, basically everyone has had traumas. If you label them as an excuse for any level of evil then nobody should ever be punished for anything I guess. Because it wasn't their fault right? It was that evil imperial who tortured them 10 years ago, or the Sith who killed their parents, or the father who abused them. At some point the buck has to stop. Wasn't Valkorion's father a major DS jerk too? Should we also shower him with forgiveness and love then?

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I am curious as to what is going to happen with Malgus now. In that cut scene he orders the doctor to give him the droid and shuttle so it does seem he is trying to get rid of the cybernetics that seem to be keeping him in check or something like that.

It might be the empire has another loose cannon with him again.

IMO... either Malgus is being used (what's left of him ) … OR he (Maugus) is using them. I believe that the attack on Correllia was one big massing assault which had more than just one purpose. If in the end the ship yard was crippled or destroyed … then that gives the Empire an advantage. It's almost as if at the end the Empire gave up too easily. I might be wrong.. just speculation at best.

Also... what if Malgus has caught wind of what Scourge and Kira are hiding !

Don't be surprised if more than one party has a big interest in showing up at that ship where Satele and her collogues are kept in isolation / suspension. Those who want the poser of the DS regardless of cost .. and want that sort of dominion over the rest of the entire galaxy … that is a temptation too great to pass up !

;)

I'm sure if we can turn her back, she would not sound like that anymore.

I always think she deserves the chance than Arcann because she was tortured into such terrible being.

Vaylin was the personification of the genuine evil of Tenebrae.. and her attitude the utter contempt and disregard that Tenebrae had for all life... All of that unchained at the end. IMO … that was why Valkorion (Tenebrae) was genuinely afraid of her and her power. That was why she was tortured / brain washed when she was little. Once Vaylin broke loose from that conditioning !! … oh my ! There was "no one" to keep her in check. She was all of that pent up evil … the darkest part of Valkorion unchained and unleashed on everyone ! She was genuinely evil ! … Just like Tenebrae !

(just my thoughts on Vaylin) …

Tbf I'm like 99% sure Arcann had the exact same father.... So it's not really any better of an excuse for her than it is for him. Always sounds like such BS psychobabble nonsense to me anyways. Scrambling for justification. This is the SW universe, basically everyone has had traumas. If you label them as an excuse for any level of evil then nobody should ever be punished for anything I guess. Because it wasn't their fault right? It was that evil imperial who tortured them 10 years ago, or the Sith who killed their parents, or the father who abused them. At some point the buck has to stop. Wasn't Valkorion's father a major DS jerk too? Should we also shower him with forgiveness and love then?

Arcann wasn't sent to Nathema in his childhood to be tortured into a monster.

Vaylin was the personification of the genuine evil of Tenebrae.. and her attitude the utter contempt and disregard that Tenebrae had for all life... All of that unchained at the end. IMO … that was why Valkorion (Tenebrae) was genuinely afraid of her and her power. That was why she was tortured / brain washed when she was little. Once Vaylin broke loose from that conditioning !! … oh my ! There was "no one" to keep her in check. She was all of that pent up evil … the darkest part of Valkorion unchained and unleashed on everyone ! She was genuinely evil ! … Just like Tenebrae !

She was a normal girl before sent to Nathema, that's a lot different than Tenebrae. All of her evil were caused by such torture.

The main difference between them is that Tenebrae was just born evil, Vaylin was forced into it by brainwashing, torture and force rituals.

That said wanting to have revenge on Vaylin because she killed a companion is reasonable, I had a similar reaction when Arcann killed HK.

The main difference between them is that Tenebrae was just born evil, Vaylin was forced into it by brainwashing, torture and force rituals.

That said wanting to have revenge on Vaylin because she killed a companion is reasonable, I had a similar reaction when Arcann killed HK.

True, I also dislike Vaylin a lot in KotFE, but after learning her past in KotET I couldn't hate her much. I was also surprised that she didn't get a chance to be redeemed like Arcann.

Are you seriously trying to say Vaylin would be "a normal girl" if only for Nathema? I call BS on that. Arcann still had the same terrible father who abused him his whole life too, just because he wasn't sent away to Nathema doesn't mean he was on a beach sipping tequila. You think she would have had a normal upbringing aside from Nathema and turned out ok? Nonsense. She'd have been just as evil as Arcann, which she was regardless.

And we have literally no proof she was completely balanced before Nathema anyways. At least not that I can remember. Blaming everything on that is a copout. Like I said, by that logic we should be able to redeem Valkorion as well, because it's not his fault, his daddy was mean too!

Are you seriously trying to say Vaylin would be "a normal girl" if only for Nathema? I call BS on that. Arcann still had the same terrible father who abused him his whole life too, just because he wasn't sent away to Nathema doesn't mean he was on a beach sipping tequila. You think she would have had a normal upbringing aside from Nathema and turned out ok? Nonsense. She'd have been just as evil as Arcann, which she was regardless.

And we have literally no proof she was completely balanced before Nathema anyways. At least not that I can remember. Blaming everything on that is a copout. Like I said, by that logic we should be able to redeem Valkorion as well, because it's not his fault, his daddy was mean too!

Yes, she was just a little girl with unimaginable power. Not much different than Elsa and a few X-Men characters other than the power is far more dangerous. The Cinematic pretty much showed her life before.

And she was sent to Nathema as such a little child. That's just monstrous.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Yes, she was just a little girl with unimaginable power. Not much different than Elsa and a few X-Men characters other than the power is far more dangerous. The Cinematic pretty much showed her life before.

And she was sent to Nathema as such a little child. That's just monstrous.

And...? I have said many times before, this is the SW universe. Name me a character who hasnt had something terrible happen to them? Is nobody ever responsible for their actions now because their pain justifies it? I wholeheartedly disagree

And...? I have said many times before, this is the SW universe. Name me a character who hasnt had something terrible happen to them? Is nobody ever responsible for their actions now because their pain justifies it? I wholeheartedly disagree

What Vaylin had experienced is far over the top even by SW standards. I can't blame her because I don't think I could do better than her being put in that situation.

In the trailer for KOTET we see her visibly take pleasure crushing Knights of Zakuul in their own armor while training, and that was before she was sent to Nathema.

As for Arcann, in the trailer for KOTFE, we see a fairly decent child as well, and he may or may not (because we actually don't know what he's actually been through) have been physically tortured but he was clearly mentally abused as well by their father his whole life.

Edited by Goreshaga

What Vaylin had experienced is far over the top even by SW standards. I can't blame her because I don't think I could do better than her being put in that situation.

Yeah, I wouldn't say that most of the things Vaylin did were right or justified, but she was put through so much of an ordeal that I don't think most of us have any idea if we'd do better after suffering that. I found the story distressing in the way it set up compassion and sympathy for her in some moments, then completely forced us to disregard that in other moments. Particularly when it forces the main character to use the command word of her father, her abuser. And even makes us seem to take pride in doing that sometimes. I honestly found it disgusting.

In the trailer for KOTET we see her visibly take pleasure crushing Knights of Zakuul in their own armor while training, and that was before she was sent to Nathema.

As for Arcann, in the trailer for KOTFE, we see a fairly decent child as well, and he may or may not (because we actually don't know what he's actually been through) have been physically tortured but he was clearly mentally abused as well by their father his whole life.

Because such power was hard to control and she was still a little child, she probably didn't even know that knight had life danger.

When Seyna called out she immediately stopped to do so, obviously her power was dreadful, but she wasn't. It's very similar to Jean Grey and quite a few mutants in X-Men.

Yeah, I wouldn't say that most of the things Vaylin did were right or justified, but she was put through so much of an ordeal that I don't think most of us have any idea if we'd do better after suffering that. I found the story distressing in the way it set up compassion and sympathy for her in some moments, then completely forced us to disregard that in other moments. Particularly when it forces the main character to use the command word of her father, her abuser. And even makes us seem to take pride in doing that sometimes. I honestly found it disgusting.

The story was obviously shortened due to resource problem, but they still could have make a better ending for Vaylin since it doesn't cost much to do so.

Particularly when it forces the main character to use the command word of her father, her abuser. And even makes us seem to take pride in doing that sometimes. I honestly found it disgusting.

This was something i didn't like either.

On my JK i was constently picking every options that were going in a direction of "let me help you, we don't have to fight and i know your father is a monster, HE is the enemy"

And then, my JK who has been under his influence and would not wish that to anyone, uses that phrase while smiling, that was really not to my taste.

This was something i didn't like either.

On my JK i was constently picking every options that were going in a direction of "let me help you, we don't have to fight and i know your father is a monster, HE is the enemy"

And then, my JK who has been under his influence and would not wish that to anyone, uses that phrase while smiling, that was really not to my taste.

The Agent can even say "I wouldn't wish conditioning on my worst enemy" when she finds out about it, but then turns around and seems downright happy to use the word on Vaylin anyway. I wish there had been a choice.