(Unofficial) WARNING - SPOILERS ALLOWED - Talk about Onslaught story thread - SPOILER

ZionHalcyon

I just did the playthrough for a DS SI. In order to get this option when Shaar and Wowrawn start talking to Huttbreaker about serving Empire, tell them it wasn't the mission. When they insist, call Lana.

I think that for Imperial Loyalist this option is beyond stupid. Not only those two did nothing wrong, they actually doing something that helps Empire. It makes no sense whatsoever for you to go so far to stop them.

If you secretly a traitor, then, yes, it is an awesome way to end the planet on. But if you are not, then its a *** option instead.

Yeah I was shocked to hear there even was a kill option after my first playthrough as a DS loyal SI, Vowrawn and Shaar and even Savik all performed to absolute perfection after all, achieving the main goal AND helping the Empire's interests outside of those main goals at the same time, all while working in unison with no betrayals. Surprised to hear even that you can kill them as a loyalist, until now I thought only Saboteurs could actually kill them since thats the only way it would make any sense to do so. Even my darkest loyal characters can't come up with a logical reason to kill them lol. I even tried to make a reason with my SW by killing the King on Onderon and the Senator too, just to see if Savik would start backtalking me about it and get herself killed in the process, but nope, she handles it fine, even in her mail about it she doesn't throw ANY shade at you for somewhat hindering her plans. She's simply happy the main goals were achieved.

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, anyone remember that..whats her name ? Lord Ska-use-robots ? She claim we met her on Corellia? I have no idea who she is lol

I don't even think she had a cutscene or lines on Corellia, think she was just an elite named enemy you had to kill during a planetary mission, Lord Savik at the time.

I don't even think she had a cutscene or lines on Corellia, think she was just an elite named enemy you had to kill during a planetary mission, Lord Savik at the time.

She wasn't an enemy to kill. She had a former lover (another Lord) that turned on her, got himself captured by the Republic, and imprisoned on Corellia. Savik wanted you to help her kill that Lord to ties up loose ends. That's the extent of her before Onslaught.

Edited by TracyJackson

She wasn't an enemy to kill. She had a former lover (another Lord) that turned on her, got himself captured by the Republic, and imprisoned on Corellia. Savik wanted you to help her kill that Lord to ties up loose ends. That's the extent of her before Onslaught.

I was just going off this https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Darth_Savik?file=Savik.png the picture of her from Corellia implies a fight, rather than a cutscene etc.

the only ones I recall, were on Ilum . I recall this sith turning on his 'Lover' lady and I captured her on Ilum.

But yeah, I did do all of corellia. So no idea who she is :D think she get mad ? lol

funny thing, when I saw Malora..I was like ''No way ?! That malora ?! Holy...'' lol

I was just going off this https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Darth_Savik?file=Savik.png the picture of her from Corellia implies a fight, rather than a cutscene etc.

You're right, I played the Corellia planetary quest on a new character after Onslaught came out to check since I usually have a really good memory for NPCs and she was just an elite to fight with no cutscene or dialogue. Maybe she has something on the imperial side?

You're right, I played the Corellia planetary quest on a new character after Onslaught came out to check since I usually have a really good memory for NPCs and she was just an elite to fight with no cutscene or dialogue. Maybe she has something on the imperial side?

Thanks for confirming that, it was bugging me a little. I was pretty sure that was it, even without the picture from the wiki I had a feeling she was just an elite named enemy, because same as you I have a great memory for npcs who appear in the story cutscenes

I just did the playthrough for a DS SI. In order to get this option when Shaar and Wowrawn start talking to Huttbreaker about serving Empire, tell them it wasn't the mission. When they insist, call Lana.

I think that for Imperial Loyalist this option is beyond stupid. Not only those two did nothing wrong, they actually doing something that helps Empire. It makes no sense whatsoever for you to go so far to stop them.

If you secretly a traitor, then, yes, it is an awesome way to end the planet on. But if you are not, then its a *** option instead.

That depends strongly on your character and the option still makes a whole lot of sense for a lot of characters. Take for example the sith inquisitor, you were a former slave and hate slavery. Your very imperial but you despite slavery, because these 2 siths were okay with slavery done by the brothers, you decide to end them. Another scenario would be that you want to control the empire yourself, so you want to get all the siths that stand in your way. A BH or Agent could simply have a certain lack of trust on sith in general and therefore do it as well. At the end of the day they were thinking more about themselves than the well being of the empire, and were willing to risk it all just to get their own little plan to succeed rather than putting the empire first.

I just thought too, I wonder if the new Chancellor is related to Supreme Commander Rans from Ilum? That'd be cool, he was a good character. Pragmatic and sensible from my recollection

I think i've read somewhere that she's his wife, but i can't remember where i read that though (in a state of the galaxy maybe), so i may be completely wrong, but if they're related, that must be it as he's human and she's Mirialan.

Edited by Goreshaga

Okay, I've been pondering this question for a while, so I thought I'd see what you guys think:

If you choose to return to the republic, you will eventually need to appoint a senator. Which of your available companions would you choose to be the senator? Any companion available to any republic character is acceptable to pick.

My personal criteria:

* No strong Imperial ties/background (and no Sith)

* Not Jedi (I could maybe bend on this, but they seem to have their own thing)

* Not a career criminal

* Not super anti-social (either Broonmark-style or Oggurob-style)

* Not a droid (since they don't seem to be fully people in this world)

My pick, if he would take it, would be Aygo. He has high-ranking military experience, so he (presumably) has had to deal with Senate-type people in the past, and probably has a good amount of contacts that would be relevant. He also seems like he would have a good reputation in the republic in general. I also appreciate that he cares about the republic specifically, has a good moral center, and seems to be pretty calm, even when he has a problem with something. I wouldn't call him a diplomat, but I think he might be the closest we've got.

I also think Risha or Zenith could work, given their backgrounds and political interests, but both of them have other planets they're concerned about, so they probably wouldn't be interested.

Senya and Arcann also have relevant experience, but I don't think that would go over very well...

Who would you pick?

Okay, I've been pondering this question for a while, so I thought I'd see what you guys think:

If you choose to return to the republic, you will eventually need to appoint a senator. Which of your available companions would you choose to be the senator? Any companion available to any republic character is acceptable to pick.

My personal criteria:

* Not a career criminal

My pick, if he would take it, would be Aygo. He has high-ranking military experience, so he (presumably) has had to deal with Senate-type people in the past, and probably has a good amount of contacts that would be relevant. He also seems like he would have a good reputation in the republic in general. I also appreciate that he cares about the republic specifically, has a good moral center, and seems to be pretty calm, even when he has a problem with something. I wouldn't call him a diplomat, but I think he might be the closest we've got.

I also think Risha or Zenith could work, given their backgrounds and political interests, but both of them have other planets they're concerned about, so they probably wouldn't be interested.

Senya and Arcann also have relevant experience, but I don't think that would go over very well...

Who would you pick?

Lana...

Cose everyone else is dead :p

Edit: Honestly though..

I wouldn't pick Risha or anyone who already own a planet (Or rule ones) . They be too busy with their business, and may end up giving us more work then actually work for us. And the alliance already had enough with the Imp and Repb on their plates.

Zenith would be a bad choice, that guy has a butthurt as big as Balmorra . I wouldn't trust him to be a ''Diplomat'' without his rifle.

Senya, Arcann....Koth..all from Zaakul . No dice, since many are still recovering from the war .

The real critera would be someone who know the in and out of Politic, scheming, Lying . The Military background is just a plus .

And that would be Lana .

I did think maybe Sana Re (The Voss lady on Odessen) but then I remembered how their mentality was so different on Voss and how both repb and Imp acted toward them. She would be good, I aint saying she wouldn't be . But She wouldnt be agressive as needed if something were to happen. And she isnt on Voss anymore, she doesnt have the 3 to back her up. So she'll be completely out of her element.

Nadia could be a 2nd choice. She has tie to her homeworld, but she doesnt rule it. She also survived loss from the Sith first hand experience and all that. And she has grown alot since she was the JC Padawan. Gotta say, I'm kinda proud of her :o

Scourge still has tie to the Empire, so no deal (Beside he is a dead body walking for me).

Kira has that whole ''Child of the Emprore' stuff still sticking to her like glue.

Any and all the others companions, all have that something that just doesn't make them fit.

One could say if Lana is good, then Theron would be too . But I find him way too reckless when things don't go his way. (add to that..he is dead lol)

Edited by SerraShar

My personal criteria:

* Not a career criminal

Who would you pick?

I'd probably go with Lana, even if she's a Sith. She worked for a Dark Councilor and managed with some help to form the Alliance, i guess she'd be the most suited for this task.

Too bad the Alliance doesn't have Vector, i think he would've been the most suited of all companions to represent the Alliance as a diplomat.

Well, i'm not really concerned with this anyways as my JK will choose to stay independant when i'll play Onslaught with her. I've done it with a test JC character to see how it goes, and i may have accepted the Chancellor's offer if it was not tied to the absolute obligation to go back to being a Jedi, which she'd never do now that she's with Theron.

My personal criteria:

* Not a career criminal

Who would you pick?

First off Zenith hasn't returned to the Consular as of yet so I wouldn't chose him. I might chose Tharan Cedex because of his scientific knowledge. There really isn't anyone in the Alliance that I would think would actually worked for a senator based on the information you gave except Tharan.

I might have chosen Lana but I don't see her doing that as that means she wouldn't be involved in the missions and I don't see her giving up that up or picking on the Jedi. Theron nope, too much spy in him even though I would trust him.

I'd probably go with Lana, even if she's a Sith. She worked for a Dark Councilor and managed with some help to form the Alliance, i guess she'd be the most suited for this task.

Too bad the Alliance doesn't have Vector, i think he would've been the most suited of all companions to represent the Alliance as a diplomat.

Well, i'm not really concerned with this anyways as my JK will choose to stay independant when i'll play Onslaught with her. I've done it with a test JC character to see how it goes, and i may have accepted the Chancellor's offer if it was not tied to the absolute obligation to go back to being a Jedi, which she'd never do now that she's with Theron.

If you are concern about the romantic views of the Jedi, I think they may not be that rigid right now considering there isn't very many jedi around and consider this if you are on the Council, you could help shape the policy of the Jedi and that would be something to consider.

If you are concern about the romantic views of the Jedi, I think they may not be that rigid right now considering there isn't very many jedi around and consider this if you are on the Council, you could help shape the policy of the Jedi and that would be something to consider.

They're massive hypocrites on the issue anyways. Pretty much every powerful Jedi ends up with something on the side. Satele herself has a friggin son and she's Grandmaster and likely the most respected Jedi in the galaxy. So I'd say she or any Jedi have no room to talk when it comes to attachments. I'd love to see someone try it though. Like if Satele becomes part of the story again I'd love her to try talk to my JK about his relationship with Kira, just so I can throw the existence of Theron right back in her holier than thou face..

Thing is my JK is very happy with the Alliance and doesn't want to be a Jedi again, even if being in love with Theron does have its weight on this decision as she 1)doesn't want to act as a hypocrite when telling other Jedi they should not get attached to anyone and 2) she'd somehow feel like betraying and abandoning him if she decided to go back to the Jedi while knowing wht he's been through with them.

She also feels like she can't trhow away the fate of people who decided to folow her in the hands of any Chancellor that could come. Rans seems like a good person, but if the next Chancellor is similar to Saresh, she'd feel really bad about that.

Edited by Goreshaga

[/snip]

… the fate of people who decided to follow her in the hands of any Chancellor that could come. Rans seems like a good person, but if the next Chancellor is similar to Saresh, she'd feel really bad about that.

I'm pretty much on the same page with this last part of the statement !

And my characters are just not ready to commit entirely over to the Republic... not just yet. And yes that point you have just made is a very good point to consider !

My personal criteria:

* Not a career criminal

I think Aygo is a good pick! I like still having him in the Alliance, but he's definitely a top candidate.

I think that your criteria rule out several qualified people. Nadia is a jedi, but would be great senator. She's the daughter of a senator and picked up diplomacy experience with the consular too. Nadia is not necessarily a practical choice in terms of the game, though, since at least currently she's only available to the consular.

I think ultimately my top pick would be Elara Dorne. She has an Imperial background, but she's now a Republic citizen and has proven her loyalty to the Republic many times more than most people born in the Republic. In her role as liaison between Jace Malcom and the Alliance, she has some diplomatic experience. At the same time, her extensive military experience should make her able to bridge the gap between the military and diplomatic "worlds." Moreover, and perhaps most importantly, her Imperial background actually (in my opinion) makes her the best person to represent members of the Alliance of either background. She chose the Republic, but she understands the Empire. She's evidence that the Republic has a place for people who came from the Empire. And not just a place... by the way she upholds Republic ideals, she shows that actually anyone from the Empire can seize this opportunity to not just turn over a new leaf but become an exemplar of the Republic.

Elara for Senator! :D

I think Aygo is a good pick! I like still having him in the Alliance, but he's definitely a top candidate.

I think that your criteria rule out several qualified people. Nadia is a jedi, but would be great senator. She's the daughter of a senator and picked up diplomacy experience with the consular too. Nadia is not necessarily a practical choice in terms of the game, though, since at least currently she's only available to the consular.

I think ultimately my top pick would be Elara Dorne. She has an Imperial background, but she's now a Republic citizen and has proven her loyalty to the Republic many times more than most people born in the Republic. In her role as liaison between Jace Malcom and the Alliance, she has some diplomatic experience. At the same time, her extensive military experience should make her able to bridge the gap between the military and diplomatic "worlds." Moreover, and perhaps most importantly, her Imperial background actually (in my opinion) makes her the best person to represent members of the Alliance of either background. She chose the Republic, but she understands the Empire. She's evidence that the Republic has a place for people who came from the Empire. And not just a place... by the way she upholds Republic ideals, she shows that actually anyone from the Empire can seize this opportunity to not just turn over a new leaf but become an exemplar of the Republic.

Elara for Senator! :D

I had not considered her, but yeah, she seems like a good choice. Would she want that job though ?

I had not considered her, but yeah, she seems like a good choice. Would she want that job though ?

I don't know, but she's sufficiently duty-bound that I think she'd accept the role even if she didn't want it.

But a part of me suspects she'd actually be delighted to be nominated. She has a pretty good sense of her personal worth. I think particularly of when the trooper is called to promote either her or Jorgan. Now, I think that Jorgan is the obviously more qualified candidate for the promotion in every scenario. All my troopers promote Jorgan, even the one who romanced Elara. But when you ask Elara why she should be picked, she makes the best case for herself that she can. She doesn't shyly demure that she's not the most experienced person for the job, but rather focuses on the positive qualities that she can bring to the role. That Elara is someone I can see accepting a senate seat. She's used to so many people upbraiding her for being too rule-bound that she can put some icy walls up, but when someone recognizes how good she is at what she does those walls lower and she almost seems to shine with pleasure. To quote Lois McMaster Bujold: "You couldn't be that good and not know it, somewhere in your secret heart, however much you'd been abused into affecting public humility."

Edited by Estelindis

I don't know, but she's sufficiently duty-bound that I think she'd accept the role even if she didn't want it.

But a part of me suspects she'd actually be delighted to be nominated. She has a pretty good sense of her personal worth. I think particularly of when the trooper is called to promote either her or Jorgan. Now, I think that Jorgan is the obviously more qualified candidate for the promotion in every scenario. All my troopers promote Jorgan, even the one who romanced Elara. But when you ask Elara why she should be picked, she makes the best case for herself that she can. She doesn't shyly demure that she's not the most experienced person for the job, but rather focuses on the positive qualities that she can bring to the role. That Elara is someone I can see accepting a senate seat. She's used to so many people upbraiding her for being too rule-bound that she can put some icy walls up, but when someone recognizes how good she is at what she does those walls lower and she almost seems to shine with pleasure. Because (to paraphrase Lois McMaster Bujold) I don't think a person can actually be as good as Elara and not, somewhere in their secret heart, know it.

You have a point.

I always promote Jorgan over her too, because he's the more experienced of the two and is the oldest member of my Havoc Squad, but it's true that when you ask both of them why they're the best candidate, she defends her case pretty well, that was a tough choice the first time.

You have a point.

I always promote Jorgan over her too, because he's the more experienced of the two and is the oldest member of my Havoc Squad, but it's true that when you ask both of them why they're the best candidate, she defends her case pretty well, that was a tough choice the first time.

Ah, glad I'm not the only one. :D I think it is tough in the sense that Elara genuinely does bring a lot to the table, but I just don't think she's ready yet, at that point, over and above Jorgan. A few more years' experience and maybe all my troopers would pick her, in spite of being total Jorgan fans. :)

Excuse me editing my post after you read it, btw, I just had to find the Bujold quote and put it in. :o Anyone reading this who hasn't read her stuff, do check her out, she's an incredible writer.

Edited by Estelindis