(Unofficial) WARNING - SPOILERS ALLOWED - Talk about Onslaught story thread - SPOILER

ZionHalcyon

I want Jadus back so (first darkside) agent can kill the lying coward for abandoning her. If he is not killable I don't want him back.

And I certainly hope this force plague is NOT an operation. Haven't been in a good OP guild in a couple years. It collapsed.

I have never done the Dread Masters OP or the Iokath OP. Course I dont care about stupid stories treating machines as if they were alive let alone calling them "gods". Ancient people in this galaxy were nuts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what to do about the final choice on my Consular.

My Knight kept the Alliance. It was never about power or the fleet for her, it was that she has people she cares about on both sides and is tired of fighting this forever war that never seems to achieve anything. To her, keeping the Alliance separate is a way to disavow that conflict, at least to an extent.

When the time comes, my Trooper will return to the Republic. She's forever loyal, I think.

My Consular... I don't know what to do. She doesn't have any great attachment to the Republic, but she's attached to the Jedi, and she wants to help them rebuild. The problem is, she's also madly in love with Felix Iresso, and she doesn't want to wreck things with him over it. I don't want him to break up with her if reconnecting with the Republic turns out to be a dealbreaker for him. So... not sure where to go with that.

• 4 months later...

Sorry for necro, if this counts, but I feel like spilling my guts a bit here.

Really like the decision to give us these decisions. I've only played two Pub toons through this (only one finished so far, the other is on Mek-Sha still), but I like it so far.

My Knight went back to the Republic, but my roleplay headcanon felt like it was a slight betrayal of the trust the Alliance members put in them to fight for a worthy cause, separate from the constant bickering (deliberate understatement) of the Republic and Empire. That said, the title of Master, not just Battlemaster and a seat on the Jedi Council with the opportunity to rebuild the Order was a bit too much to turn down.

I'm having a harder time reconciling this for my Consular. One meta reason I don't want to make that same decision is that I would like to see how the story differs if you keep the Alliance separate. Now for the headcanon gymnastics that have me leaning toward saying either yes or no to the offer to join the Republic:

Pro-joining: For one, she's the Barsen'thor, it makes more sense for her to rejoin the Order since she's technically already a member of the Council. As an aside, the dialogue Gnost-Dural spouts about not being an official Jedi anymore if you refuse rubs me the wrong way. Second, the way Rans proposes joining the Republic with Odessen as a member world doesn't seem to absolutely preclude that the Alliance or whatever it morphs into stays as it is organizationally, potentially with the "Commander" as head of state, more or less. Less independent, sure, as it's would be a full member world subject to Republic law and customs, but not completely dissolved as an agent on the galactic stage. Third, the Alliance fulfilled its mission of bringing down the Eternal Empire; folding into the Republic is a decent strategic move, given that its power seems to be diminishing. That said, they're still powerful enough to be sought as an ally...

Pro-Alliance: One of the more interesting plot points from KotFE/ET that I liked was the urging of Satele and Marr to move beyond light and dark (maybe even going as far as to move beyond "Jedi" and "Sith") in order to beat Valkorion. With that in mind, it makes me wonder "If Task Force Nova is about rebuilding the Jedi Order and Rans wants us to help with it regardless, why does rejoining the Council and Republic matter that much?" I want this character to be beyond these petty labels. She still considers herself Jedi, a master at that, why do we need this other guy that was hiding for 5 or so years to tell us what we are? Elsewhere, this character is married to Lana. Lana has previously stated she serves and loves her, the Alliance Commander; that the Empire holds no more sway over her. Why shouldn't this character change a bit too and say being in the Republic/Jedi isn't all that defines her? If I decide to have her rejoin, it kind of feels like an unbalanced relationship, no matter how well they write Lana to be accepting of the change. Although her sassy anticipation of menacing padawans is funny... :p

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I am leaning toward keeping the Alliance on this toon.

• 1 month later...

Just to give my own belated, spoilery thoughts about Onslaught, after coming back to the game for the first time since 2016...

I disliked everything about the KotFe/KOTE storylines. I thought they were a massive design mistake, and the developer responsible for it - especially the guy that thought people would want to grind them - should never work in the industry ever again.

I especially disliked Satele and Marr deriding the Jedi and Sith, since it felt too gimmicky and forced. Trying to convince the player to embrace being the 'Alliance Commander'. (Whoever designed this chapter, also thought players would be jazzed about making a new, awful looking weapon).

I hated everything about Zakuul, because it re-used the EXACT SAME premise of the Sith Empire's surprise emergence. So we get like a Russian nesting doll of empires.

I disliked hearing about the Alliance. I disliked hearing my character refer to the Alliance, and I really disliked being called Outlander or Commander.

In light of that. I think that SWTOR would have been vastly better served, if the previous expansions had been in the same vein of the Ossus and Onslaught expansions. It's nice to somewhat belatedly get back on track. But there is still so much Alliance/Commander garbage. Like 4-5 years of it now, that it seems to have become baked into the game's DNA.

Edited by clearsighted

My consular went back to the Republic -- she is the Barsen'thor after all ( as someone has already said)

My knight stayed independent -- she is a bit of a rebel -- never liked the council anyway -- and YES still considers herself a JEDI, a MASTER too -- so insulted, they don't deserve her LOL

(besides, Jedi are not made, they are born -- you can not UNbecome a Jedi, or a Sith)

Both my Imps rebelled and left the Empire

Just to give my own belated, spoilery thoughts about Onslaught, after coming back to the game for the first time since 2016...

I disliked everything about the KotFe/KOTE storylines. I thought they were a massive design mistake, and the developer responsible for it - especially the guy that thought people would want to grind them - should never work in the industry ever again.

I especially disliked Satele and Marr deriding the Jedi and Sith, since it felt too gimmicky and forced. Trying to convince the player to embrace being the 'Alliance Commander'. (Whoever designed this chapter, also thought players would be jazzed about making a new, awful looking weapon).

I hated everything about Zakuul, because it re-used the EXACT SAME premise of the Sith Empire's surprise emergence. So we get like a Russian nesting doll of empires.

I disliked hearing about the Alliance. I disliked hearing my character refer to the Alliance, and I really disliked being called Outlander or Commander.

In light of that. I think that SWTOR would have been vastly better served, if the previous expansions had been in the same vein of the Ossus and Onslaught expansions. It's nice to somewhat belatedly get back on track. But there is still so much Alliance/Commander garbage. Like 4-5 years of it now, that it seems to have become baked into the game's DNA.

I'm confused. You say you wanted to give feedback about Onslaught and then you give feedback on KotFE/ET. Also Ossus was a content patch and not an expansion.

I liked KOTFE and KOTET but am glad we are back to Empire/Republic war.

I liked KOTFE and KOTET but am glad we are back to Empire/Republic war.

Yeah same here..

It would be nice for the team to put the same effort into a story for the new Empire/Republic conflict as we saw in KotFE / ET . The talent is definitely there ... just need to invest the time !

Okay so the republic and Empire are in conflict again over resources for the war effort. ( ossus) I'm still not sure how a ship full of important force-sensitives who are on ice comes into it. - They're no threat at the moment, and not discoverable by normal means, so why bother with them at all?

TBH it's so many months between tiny nuggets of story, that I'm not surprised that people don't stick around for an hour or two's story update every six-months or so.

I still can't get my head around why the empire story so mirrors the republic other than the bantha in the room that is cost-cutting by the studio. It makes no sense in the game.

Okay so the republic and Empire are in conflict again over resources for the war effort. ( ossus) I'm still not sure how a ship full of important force-sensitives who are on ice comes into it. - They're no threat at the moment, and not discoverable by normal means, so why bother with them at all?

I am not certain what you mean here. Ossus is not a ship. It is a planet that is very close to Imperial space and the concern is both that Ossus could be used as a staging point for an incursion into Imperial space, and that the Jedi are attempting to rebuild there and a preemptive strike could eliminate the Sith's old enemy.

Or are you talking about the ship Kira and Scourge are looking for? The Empire has, at least at this time and has so far been revealed in the story, nothing to do with that. That story arc is (hopefully) the finally final conclusion to the Tenebrae / Vitiate / Valkorian story.

Yeah, with Scourge/Kira/Satele arc neither Republic nor Empire has anything to do with it.

Though I wouldn't be suprised if they would show up in the end 6.2 (Satele arc mission) in order to either help (Republic) or kill/imprison (Empire) them and we would have a choice whenever to give Satele and any survived members to faction or kill them or make them join us in Alliance. Personally I hope that we'll be able to make Satele and Marr to join us, even more if they end up as companions ONLY if they won't lpay any other important role in future.

EDIT: And of course I'm waiting for Jadus to return. I hope if he does it won't be as enemy to both factions, but rather as a ally to Imperials and Agents that joined him in chapter 1 will again be able to be his Hand and few other cool things from that.

Also I want Xarion to be very important character in story, maybe an agent Sith for Jadus?

And lastly I want to see return of Darth Hargrev (Oricon arc) and Darth Nurin (Kaon arc).

Edited by LanceDefender

TBH it's so many months between tiny nuggets of story, that I'm not surprised that people don't stick around for an hour or two's story update every six-months or so.

I still can't get my head around why the empire story so mirrors the republic other than the bantha in the room that is cost-cutting by the studio. It makes no sense in the game.

Please believe me when I tell you that I do understand.

It would be nice to see different aspects of the game take on a little more independent view point(s) ... depending upon upon Republic / Empire ... force user / non force user. IMO the days of the 8 sperate stories (more if new classes were released) are gone. Some of those began to merge even before the days of KotFE / ET.