(Unofficial) WARNING - SPOILERS ALLOWED - Talk about Onslaught story thread - SPOILER

ZionHalcyon

What LS choice? Where?

P. S. I see more people had the same issue. I guess it was a bug. He does know, that Im a saboteur. I tried to save rep. lives at every step... The rep. agent is also incredibly happy with my results... I really dont understand it. Well.. If its not a bug. Btw my agent is romancing him.

Right before the assault on Corellia you're told one of the Darths plans to randomly bomb a different side of the planet as a distraction of sorts, and then you can either let them or voice your disapproval for it (option 1) which is the LS choice I think.

I'm currently trying to find out if there is a Theron/Lana kiss for Imperial characters at all because I can't find videos or screenies of it anywhere and it's starting to look like regardless of choices, Anri interrupts the fleet cantina scene and you're just SOL. There are tons of Republic kiss scenes with those two post Corellia but not finding any Imperial ones. Dunno if that's a bug or intended but it blows.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one about targeting Corellia. You can successfully divert the strikes away from civilians if you choose the LS option, regardless of saboteur status. Saboteur option in that conversation is not actually the best at saving lives. It's the one time during my saboteur run that I didn't choose the saboteur option.

I can understand people being annoyed. But, at the same time, it makes an amount of sense. In the LS branch, in response to the PC's outrage at civilians being targeted, the Empress or Emperor comments that the Republic has plenty of civilians, and would actually be hit harder logistically with strikes to supplies and infrastructure. And that's what they go on to do. Depending on your viewpoint, it could be better for the Republic as a whole to go with the saboteur branch. I personally don't think so. I think the most valuable "resources," if I must use such distasteful language, will always be people. Buildings can be built again, but every single person is unique and irreplaceable. But I can see how some people might argue otherwise. Theron just clearly isn't one of them.

Like saying the line "Thats monstrous!"? instead of "You are hiding something."? Thats really all? :) I still think, that the dialogue with Theron lated did not take into account, that he knew, that my agent is a saboteur.

Edited by Lukas_H

Like saying the line "Thats monstrous!"? instead of "You are hiding something."? Thats really all? :)

Well, "that's all" the difference between the dialogue options. That's not all the difference between the consequences! :p But yes, that's what we're referring to. I think Theron would've preferred if the lives had been saved. I don't know that it was a failure to take saboteur status into account. I think, rather, both loyalists and saboteurs who want to avoid upsetting him should take the LS option.

Edited by Estelindis

Bioware's getting more funding, or that there is a bigger backing considering the hype for Star Wars in general rising due to the movies..

That is one thing a lot of us think. Why the hell SWTOR doesn´t use Hype about SW universe, because of the movies etc. Well honestly it does not. EA present new SW single player PC game, but SWTOR is never shown anywhere, no gaming conventions, no festival, no promotions, you can even think about making a deal with movie cinemas about some kind of competitions for SW tickets, and they get SWTOR subscription as reward..

Not quite a trailer for expansion.. etc. So sadly yes, SWTOR marketing is hardly called marketing, because this game does not promote, and does not using SW hype as advantage. :)

But this was a huge OT, so my question in to the topic, If I get it right Malgus was controlled by Emp. Acina with some explosives implanted into him, that is why he look so obediently?:)

Well no matter. I dont expect him to go rogue because of that. Bioware always plays it safe. And so you always get the option of talking it out/not killing etc. (Elara on Iokath was probably the only exception). Well with Quinn and his betrayal you got only "good" options. When you are finally able to kill the guy, it feels really bitter.

I really want to join republic openly with my Agent. I mean when she saw, what sith did to imp. Intelligence... There really is no way roleplay-wise in her mind to believe, that empire under sith rule can be any different.

Edited by Lukas_H

A friend of mine just said she didn't get any Lana flirt/kiss either. Loyal Imperial. Not sure if it's related to choices or what? I've seen videos of Republic characters getting their kiss but it seems, even if you do say you'll attend the party, Anri shows up for a chat before you ever get to party and Lana just walks off after giving you a little wave. It's odd. There are issues with Imperial Theron-romancers too.

About to run my Agent whose romancing Lana through the new story, would hate to miss out on anything romance wise. Lana always seems very supportive in backing me up so it's hard to imagine I've made her angry or chose the wrong option to miss a romantic moment with her. :(

Well no matter. I dont expect him to go rogue because of that. Bioware always plays it safe. And so you always get the option of talking it out/not killing etc. Well with Quinn and his betrayal you got only "good" options. When you are finally able to kill the guy, it feels really bitter.

I remember Koth's decision to leave I think you had to make at least 2 or 3 DS or choices he didn't personally like before he left, if you only did 1 of the 3 "bad" choices he didn't like he'd stay, been awhile since KOTFE though so I might be remembering wrong.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

A friend of mine just said she didn't get any Lana flirt/kiss either. Loyal Imperial. Not sure if it's related to choices or what? I've seen videos of Republic characters getting their kiss but it seems, even if you do say you'll attend the party, Anri shows up for a chat before you ever get to party and Lana just walks off after giving you a little wave. It's odd. There are issues with Imperial Theron-romancers too.

Just a Note: If you don't call Anri's master during the slave scene on Mes-ka, he doesn't show up during this time as he was injured a bit more than if you had. My sage didn't want to share him so lol

Just a Note: If you don't call Anri's master during the slave scene on Mes-ka, he doesn't show up during this time as he was injured a bit more than if you had. My sage didn't want to share him so lol

You're talking about Arn (the Padawan)? I mean Major Anri on the Imperial side who appears during the cantina scene. :)

I really want to join republic openly with my Agent. I mean when she saw, what sith did to imp. Intelligence... There really is no way roleplay-wise in her mind to believe, that empire under sith rule can be any different.

Agreed. Similar to you, my agent is a saboteur - my only ride-or-die saboteur, actually. Her class story experience put her absolutely against the Empire and on the side of the Republic. It's difficult sometimes making these choices going forwards... having very little sense of what the consequences will ultimately be... but even if it ends up in a disaster, I wouldn't want her to do anything differently. I questioned a few times if she was showing her hand too much by in every situation doing what favours the Republic and undermines the Empire, but if she doesn't take those actions when she has the chance to make a difference, then what was the point of it all? No regrets.

Edited by Estelindis

I think partitioning the overall stories into distinct pub/imp alternate universes in which both side achieve their directly opposite objectives is a long term mistake.

Vanilla story had different objectives that fit in the overarching story into which faction/class subplots fit in next to each other. You can tell the story of vanilla to a random guy on a street. It's a coherent story requiring suspension of disbelief only in the segment of which particular PC "lived it". Likewise in WoW, there's a coherent narrative that they build on. Onslaught is scott bakula & ziggy territory.

The same issue we've been having for years with the "mandatory" killable NPCs laying waste to a pool of developed characters is now infecting the basics of the universe you're trying to tell a story in.

How can you have meaningful plots that carry forward when you have to account for fundamentally opposite outcomes?

Under this model all we have to look forward to are throwaway characters in throwaway inconsequential plotlines. I just don't get, I really don't. I know we are (well Charles is) "making it up as we go" but this seems to me to be the story team shooting themselves in both kneecaps in the long run.

Edited by aeterno

I think partitioning the overall stories into distinct pub/imp alternate universes in which both side achieve their directly opposite objectives is a long term mistake.

Vanilla story had different objectives that fit in the overarching story into which faction/class subplots fit in next to each other. You can tell the story of vanilla to a random guy on a street. For onslaught you can't.

The same issue we've been having for years with the "mandatory" killable NPCs laying waste to a pool of developed characters is now infecting the basics of the universe you're trying to tell a story in.

How can you have meaningful plots that carry forward when you have to account for fundamentally opposite outcomes?

Under this model all we have to look forward to are throwaway characters in throwaway inconsequential plotlines. I just don't get, I really don't. I know we are (well Charles is) "making it up as we go" but this seems to me to be the story team shooting themselves in both kneecaps in the long run.

I do think they need to be more selective about who you kill - the Dark Council is so watered down its hard for it to realistically sustain any more losses.

Frankly, with all the deaths and rotation and variance on the Imperial side, it would be quite the way to bring back Darth Jadus and set him up as a stabilizing force for the imperial side of things. He left the galaxy as a power second only to the emperor, is a known schemer, and hasn't been killed yet. He knows the value of secrecy, and can realistically tie a number of elements together for 3 of the 4 Empire classes - Sith Warrior can opt to become his wrath (and throwback to a scheming master again, but at least this one wouldn't want you dead - yet anyway), Sith Inquisitor can keep their seat on the council AND get a hat tip from Jadus that, with the Emperor's death, Jadus is the most power Sith in the Empire, and Jadus acknowledges the SI as the #2 strongest by a mile, and Agents who served him as his hand can have a VERY cool moment where instead of Jadus just revealing he was behind the scenes manipulating the Empire and getting them to recreate a new Hand organization in service to the emperor, its revealed (if the player made these choices and choses to rejoin Jadus as his hand) that Jadus and the player were secretly in contact this WHOLE TIME, and it was always the plan once the player's alliance came to be, to use that to be subsumed into the Empire to become the foundation for Jadus's Hand organization - the revelation that your player was in on this and you didn't even know it would blow people away.

I do think they need to be more selective about who you kill - the Dark Council is so watered down its hard for it to realistically sustain any more losses.

Frankly, with all the deaths and rotation and variance on the Imperial side, it would be quite the way to bring back Darth Jadus and set him up as a stabilizing force for the imperial side of things. He left the galaxy as a power second only to the emperor, is a known schemer, and hasn't been killed yet. He knows the value of secrecy, and can realistically tie a number of elements together for 3 of the 4 Empire classes - Sith Warrior can opt to become his wrath (and throwback to a scheming master again, but at least this one wouldn't want you dead - yet anyway), Sith Inquisitor can keep their seat on the council AND get a hat tip from Jadus that, with the Emperor's death, Jadus is the most power Sith in the Empire, and Jadus acknowledges the SI as the #2 strongest by a mile, and Agents who served him as his hand can have a VERY cool moment where instead of Jadus just revealing he was behind the scenes manipulating the Empire and getting them to recreate a new Hand organization in service to the emperor, its revealed (if the player made these choices and choses to rejoin Jadus as his hand) that Jadus and the player were secretly in contact this WHOLE TIME, and it was always the plan once the player's alliance came to be, to use that to be subsumed into the Empire to become the foundation for Jadus's Hand organization - the revelation that your player was in on this and you didn't even know it would blow people away.

I definitely wouldn't be happy if my SI had to play second fiddle to some Darth who's been on the run for over 5 years avoiding all the big fights.. If he was so strong he shoulda came and dealt with Vitiate :p woulda saved me a lot of goddamn hassle!

Agreed. Similar to you, my agent is a saboteur - my only ride-or-die saboteur, actually. Her class story experience put her absolutely against the Empire and on the side of the Republic. It's difficult sometimes making these choices going forwards... having very little sense of what the consequences will ultimately be... but even if it ends up in a disaster, I wouldn't want her to do anything differently. I questioned a few times if she was showing her hand too much by in every situation doing what favours the Republic and undermines the Empire, but if she doesn't take those actions when she has the chance to make a difference, then what was the point of it all? No regrets.

Interesting. That sounds like a really fun way to play the Agent. I'm taking a rather different approach, which I didn't initially expect to be anything more than head canon, but is turning out quite nicely.

That is, after Jadus & Vitiate/Valkorian, my Agent loves the Empire but hates the Sith (yeah, Sith want you to believe they're one and the same) and is determined to wipe out the Sith Order & free the Empire that he loves. However, the Republic/Jedi/Red-Tape-Senate "clearly" isn't up to the job. So, pretending to be totally loyal to the Empire, my agent has bided his time, and was rewarded with the opportunity to take out 2 Dark Council members under the auspice of "following" Acina's orders. Now Acina wants me to be her Keeper? Great. Imperial Intelligence is back baby, and now I've got the all clear to kill council members at my own discretion when/if they don't "follow orders"?. Should be able to wipe out the Sith, take control of the Empire, and finally sweep the Republic into the dustbin of history. What could go wrong? XD

I can't help but wonder if we're chosing a lot the same options, except that I'm also intent on destroying the Republic.

Cheers!

... ...

I heartily agree with you in general.

But under the auspices of the new Keeper, Jadus is Imperial Intelligence's #1 most wanted---wanted dead or dead. To honor vanilla agent story choices, Jadus is a mandatory kill on sight for any of us Agents that love the Empire and hate the Sith (especially ones like Jadus that are completely insane & attempted to murder us).

I can't help but wonder if we're chosing a lot the same options, except that I'm also intent on destroying the Republic.

Probably! :D

Thanks for sharing your headcanon - it sounds so legit. Agent has so many paths through the story. And it's a tribute to the writing of Onslaught that there are actually lots of way to interpret it, lots of possible motives for even the exact same actions. I really like that it's completely plausible that someone ultimately loyal to a "higher" Empire would still kill the councilors. It helps to contribute to my agent's cover-story being realistic as well!

It wasn't easy deciding to kill the dark councilors, in all seriousness. My SIS-loyal agent could've supported the Republic as much as she already did and still let them live. However, by killing them, she covered herself better due to being able to blame them - and she needs all the cover she can get, given how much she's helping the Republic. And then there's the issue of their competence. They are, frankly, a step up from many dark councilors in terms of coming up with schemes that actually work. While they may have also strengthened their personal power, I don't think in any case it was at the expense of the Empire. They all-round did a great job (as I could clearly see in my Imperial loyalist run). My agent felt bad, in a way, for essentially punishing them for being good at their jobs. But if she didn't, they'd keep on being effective against the Republic, and would do some fairly hard-hitting things when she wouldn't be right beside them to stop them. So they had to die.

My agent is 99% LS, so this was a rare instance of getting her hands very dirty. (She killed Petryph too, hoping a better and more Republic-loyal ruler would rise in his place.) When she had her doubts, she thought of the various lives that the councilors blithely told her to snuff out, and her resolve returned. The councilors' lives were no more valuable than the people she'd had to kill to follow their plans. (Being an operative, she employs stealth wherever possible to preserve the lives of people who think she's their enemy, but the game insists on making us kill certain foes to progress the plot, so she still had to kill a lot.) So, as much to silence those death-cries in her mind as for any other reason, she "took revenge" by applying the councilors' cold logic to their own lives.

Edited by Estelindis

So I have to say I'm pretty thrilled all-in-all. My Sab's are enjoying messing up the Empire. My Knight is FINALLY out of mourning. My Shadow is happily Barsenthor again. My Colonel is officially a Colonel, and Onderon is my dream world. If I'd change anything it would be, my Colonel actually speaking to his wife, and my Shadow getting a bit with Arcann. I also want letters from people besides Lana about officially

Joining up with the Republic.

How does our Alliance feel about this? Who will be

senator

? Need more Companion interaction. Other than that, just LOVE.

As someone who has played this game since launch almost I wanted to express to the developers how much I enjoyed the expansion. I know this isn't a popular viewpoint here but I want to explain why. First I came here and read all the negativity about expansion. I witnessed firsthand the crafting stuff, the gear reverting back to the shells instead of the armor pieces, losing the 160 armor mod in the victorious pioneer armor set, and to be frank I have no idea what to do about gearing or how to go about it but I will figure it out.

Let's address the negativity first: People said the expansion is two hours of new content. I started the expansion last night at around midnight eastern with my Gaurdian, sided with republic and finished around 445 am. I had maybe 2 5 minute breaks in there. As I play more i'm sure this will go down as I learn the maps better. I for wanted to enjoy every interaction and that's where you see Bioware's attention to detail and how what you character says is quality over quantity. No way can you complete this in 2 hours so I developed a negative attitude that almost made say well I will skip this and play at a later date. I'm glad I didn't. The ending with Scourge and Kira was absolutely priceless and sets up the next chapter perfectly. The issue I had was the Satele part because if I remember correctly she saves Kira and Scourge at the end of Kotet and you see hear on Courscant moving things around and I thought in that dialouge it implied she was in this coma thing. Maybe I misunderstood. I'm got options to flirt with both returning npc's so I can assume both are romanceable. The other thing I enjoyed and thought was absolutely wonderful the interaction between Lana and Gnost-Dural heading to Corellia. Her explaining her views as a SIth and her being so pragmatic about the whole thing impressed the hell out me. Bravo Bioware!

I also enjoyed the end. Being offered citizenship for the entire alliance. All records erased and every and everybody given a new lease on life. Odessen given a senator and represented in the galactic republic you restored to your old title and being a jedi again. Here's with the inter conflict for me was torn. I sat their debating this decision for 10 minutes. First: I haven't been with the republic in what 7 years, Second my female jedi is in a relationship with lana, how could that every be accepted within the jedi I do believe the conversation previously stated proves she isn't a blood thirsty sith dimwit but deep down old habits die hard, and the jedi may never accept her. Still it weighted heavily on me and in the end I choose to keep the alliance. Believe I've posted several times get rid of it but in the end I like the fact I have the illusion of making my own decision and being on my own. My character decided that she would be there for them as long she the republic remains is the beacon of light. She sided with the sith at Iokath because Empress Acina aided her against Zakuul but Acina has changed from this moderate to a hradliner and she can't side with someone who wants to genocide billlions in the name of conquest. My opinion only. You're entitled to believe whatever.

Crafting is definitely a mess. When simple mod pieces are going form arorund 60 million credits there's a problem. Everything cost to expensive to craft now =, and as someone who embraced crafting for 10 months and made tons of credits I feel it's no longer a viable way to make income in the game. Maybe with some tweeks over time I will see this differently.

Gearing I have no idea what to do. I wasn't on the pts but I've read somethings and I will try it out and see how it goes. Right now crafting doesn't appear to be a good way to get gear so i've been basically doing lock boxes and not worriyng so much about the set bonuses.

In conclusion I wanted to say people chill out. I know the expansion doesn't seem long enough but I can;t wait for the next chapter. I hope we don;t have to wait to long. I feel at least on the Republic sided Jedi the war has just begun, this isn't the conclusion no way. They did all the upgrades to the graphics with this and hopefully a lot of the prep for this expansion doesn't need to be repeated and they can produce more content. I think i've been even steven concerning my opinion of the game.

So I have to say I'm pretty thrilled all-in-all. My Sab's are enjoying messing up the Empire. My Knight is FINALLY out of mourning. My Shadow is happily Barsenthor again. My Colonel is officially a Colonel, and Onderon is my dream world. If I'd change anything it would be, my Colonel actually speaking to his wife, and my Shadow getting a bit with Arcann. I also want letters from people besides Lana about officially

Joining up with the Republic.

How does our Alliance feel about this? Who will be

senator

? Need more Companion interaction. Other than that, just LOVE.

I feel like we'll get a choice of 3 different people for the Senator position at some point in the near future. No need for the spoiler tags btw, the thread is marked for spoilers already :D

Let's address the negativity first: People said the expansion is two hours of new content. I started the expansion last night at around midnight eastern with my Gaurdian, sided with republic and finished around 445 am. I had maybe 2 5 minute breaks in there. As I play more i'm sure this will go down as I learn the maps better. I for wanted to enjoy every interaction and that's where you see Bioware's attention to detail and how what you character says is quality over quantity. No way can you complete this in 2 hours so I developed a negative attitude that almost made say well I will skip this and play at a later date. I'm glad I didn't. The ending with Scourge and Kira was absolutely priceless and sets up the next chapter perfectly. The issue I had was the Satele part because if I remember correctly she saves Kira and Scourge at the end of Kotet and you see hear on Courscant moving things around and I thought in that dialouge it implied she was in this coma thing. Maybe I misunderstood. I'm got options to flirt with both returning npc's so I can assume both are romanceable. The other thing I enjoyed and thought was absolutely wonderful the interaction between Lana and Gnost-Dural heading to Corellia. Her explaining her views as a SIth and her being so pragmatic about the whole thing impressed the hell out me. Bravo Bioware!

2 hours? That is ridiculous. And even if you could speed run through it in that time, that's only ever gonna be ONE facet of the story. There's always gonna be the same amount of content to do on the other faction, plus if you are a saboteur you can tweak the story further again. Nobody is getting the full experience in 2 hours, they just sound like rabid haters to me. Nothing would have been good enough

2 hours? That is ridiculous. And even if you could speed run through it in that time, that's only ever gonna be ONE facet of the story. There's always gonna be the same amount of content to do on the other faction, plus if you are a saboteur you can tweak the story further again. Nobody is getting the full experience in 2 hours, they just sound like rabid haters to me. Nothing would have been good enough

Agreed. Two hours is nuts and just not a fair representation of the amount of story here.

Actually, replaying Republic loyalist after Imp loyalist and Imp saboteur even feels different to my first totally unspoiled playthrough as a Republic loyalist. You realise now just how much was going on behind the scenes that led to the situations you're in. Just have to find the right character now for a Republic saboteur.

Even the particular playthroughs, depending on class and past choices, can offer some fairly fun quirks. People addressed my trooper and my jedi differently in some situations, and they had the opportunity to say different things sometimes based on their differing perspectives. I'm really looking forward to finding all the nuggets of difference scattered through the story!

Agreed. Two hours is nuts and just not a fair representation of the amount of story here.

Actually, replaying Republic loyalist after Imp loyalist and Imp saboteur even feels different to my first totally unspoiled playthrough as a Republic loyalist. You realise now just how much was going on behind the scenes that led to the situations you're in. Just have to find the right character now for a Republic saboteur.

Even the particular playthroughs, depending on class and past choices, can offer some fairly fun quirks. People addressed my trooper and my jedi differently in some situations, and they had the opportunity to say different things sometimes based on their differing perspectives. I'm really looking forward to finding all the nuggets of difference scattered through the story!

Looking forward to that myself, only gotten 3/8 classes though so far because a few of them need to go through Iokath and all the crap afterwards first and that'll take friggin hours lol. Gonna have to roll a completely new character to go all in Saboteur though, none of my 8 main classes fit as one at ALL. Thinking of rolling an Agent and going through EVERYTHING just to see the Saboteur side of things

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

You have a choice in the end of the Flashpoint, which was sweet.

Too bad my SI didn't get the romance lock due to the stupid camera bug.

PLEASE .. I HOPE we don't get another long drawn out scenario of Tenebrae … One last end to tie up .. OK that makes sense to help explain the prolonged absence of Scourge and Kira (not really .. but I'll just go with that ). Make this matter with Tenebrae short … sweet and to the point !! BOOM !!! Tenebrae buys the farm once and for all !! DONE !!!

Right ??

I'd really be disappointed if Malgus found out about this … and for spite tried to reunite with his former Emperor !!

:eek::eek::eek:

ummm forget I even said that !!

I do hope there is a chance to bring Vaylin back though, she was mostly a victim.

As for the emperor, just let us see his true body that's all.

Edited by Slowpokeking