All the systems for 6.0 seem unappealing. Bioware you need to pay attention.

TrixxieTriss

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware keep making the same mistakes over and over. They can’t seem to get out of their own way, they keep shooting themselves in the foot.

This has been their biggest issue since launch when the game wasn't ready. Even former employees have admitted as much. The game wasn't ready but they felt pressure to release it anyway. Things were so bad after launch people left in droves and EAware was forced to go the FTP route in less than a year to salvage what was left. Years later they mix in the rng and people keep on leaving. It appears they're willing to work with their customer base in regards to the rng this time around, but is it enough? I know when I head to The Hope Depot and buy things that I want to use around the house, it's not a coin flips chance that it'll work. I buy what's needed and it works. RNG was the worst thing they could have done to an already fragile customer base.

EAWare simply cannot get out of their own way, whether it's pride or whatever it is, but if this expansion isn't a hit and it falls flat, more people will leave. There's only so many times a game can handle a mass exodus and its very possible it's gonna happen again.

There's no reason for this game to be down to a handful of servers when it was well over two hundred after launch. They've done this to themselves. This is Star Wars. They were handed the winning lottery ticket and simply failed to cash it in.

I was just on the PTS again.

This new system is absolutely horrible for me. Maybe others like it. But for me, it kills the last bit of fun I had in this game.

Nothing in this new system makes me want to keep playing after I finished the new storyline. Nothing.

I am very frustrated right now. :(

No, you're not a shill, you're being objective, but you do get hung up on being right on details a tad too much which is all some posters will need to turn against you. Just saying. You are factually correct about upcoming changes but when those changes still doesn't appease people that doesn't make them wrong. You dig?

The others may not be wrong, but..... https://markmanson.net/emotional-intelligence. It's all about EQ.

Everyone has a right to express anger and frustration, but why are we so morose and angry about the very early iteration of the gearing system? I would start to get worried around October.

PS - you don't even need good gear if all you do is bolstered anyway.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I read the PTS and this particular thread really breaks down the gear levels and grind.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=967999

No way in hell will I bother with any of that. I already have a job and it pays ME!

To "Climb" gear levels you have to start at the base of IR 270 you must have 14/14 270. Every IR Odd number you must have 6/14 gear slot that same IR level or higher. Every IR Even number you must have 12/14 gear slots that same IR level or higher. Every 6 or so IR levels you will need to have 14/14 gear slots to be at least the same level. Example if you are stuck at IR 284 and ur 13/14 284 but your 1/14 is 276 you will have to upgrade that 276 to a minimum 284 before you can move onto IR 286.

Say what now? That's not even English for fook's sake. And they said the three crystal system was too complicated for us. What exactly are they thinking?

Edited by kodrac

Alright, Dasty, at the risk of helping inflate your ego even more, you called it, she's back. Happy? :p

As happy as a Hutt splashing around in the middle of the wading pool on Nar Shaddaa filled with Alderaanian Nectar surrounded by all the nefarious denizens of that hedonistic haven, including my personal Gamorrean guards decked out only in pastel Jori Daragon Loincloths, who are joining me in busting out a move to Taylor Swift's "ME!" and then knowing after my Hutt body is glistening in said nectar and sweat I will have Kai Zykken eagerly awaiting for me on my palace barge to give me a full Hutt body massage.

Hugs and Holy Run on Sentence!, :rak_03:

Dasty

P.S. Je suis calme!

Edited by Jdast

Do you really feel this way? What makes you think the current iteration of the PTS is set in stone? I get the feeling that the devs are still creating the system, thus our continued feedback on the PTS forum is invaluable.

So let's play pretend for a moment (aka empathy), and imagine we are a BW dev. Imagine you are creating a new gearing system heavily influenced by another game (:trollface:) because either you like it, or your EA overlords have told you to copy it. You need to test gear levels and such. Where do you start? To me, it seems each aspect of the gear system is in its simplest form in order to find a baseline. I don't know yet what sort of progression system will pull all these different facets together. What's simpler than RNG gearing?

I think much of the current iteration will be very different in a month and a half, so it's pointless to get emotionally bent out of shape. Let's take a snapshot at what the gearing system was at the start of PTS 2.0, then let's compare it to what it is in early October.

Lastly, if 6.0 flops hard, this game is done. So try to have some optimism, or at least be patient. I'm going to trust Keith's team for now, because what other choice is there?

I'm fairly certain I've never said it was set in stone. However, before the forum flame up there was no mention of the 100% RNG gear/loot creation system being temporary.

Before the flame up there was no mention of a vendor, down the road, that would sell non-rng items.

Before the flame up BOTH RNG vendors had downgrades AND gave you items not for your spec and there was NO indication that was going to change.

Now, after there was a flame up from a pretty consistent variety of posters (albeit about different aspects) they did take notice and made some quick changes and say other changes are on the way.

Fantastic

The flame up on the forums got someone's attention and changes were, and are still, going to be made.

I have absolutely zero faith it would have happened on its own without the forum rage.

So what now?

For me, I have zero interest in testing a flashpoint, so I'm going to go back to live and farm the heck out of conquest this week and see if I can get 20 or more toons per account like I did when I was recently enemployed.

NEXT week, if they patch PTS with the new gear drop/creation rule set, I'll be back on it....

Ready for round two where the flame up is about "not enough tech fragments are dropping" and "Holy Hannah the items on the new vendor are too expensive"

5.0 was released THREE YEARS ago.

The only time during the past three years the subscriber only endgame experience known as "CXP" became popular was when a bug affected certain weeklies:

It’s Raining CXP, Daily

Daily Missions and CXP

CXP Daily Bug Best Thing to happen to Zone(s)/Planet population!

I do not see how anyone who spent the last 3 years grinding CXP would support 3 more years of grinding 6.0 RXP till 2023 when the license expires.

CXP drove this game into the ground.

The underhanded server merge turned the game into a graveyard.

No, you're not a shill, you're being objective, but you do get hung up on being right on details a tad too much which is all some posters will need to turn against you. Just saying. You are factually correct about upcoming changes but when those changes still doesn't appease people that doesn't make them wrong. You dig?

I dig, but my response (with love) is: Guilty as charged, but zero remorse.

I'm not here to win a personality forum contest with forum-goers. In threads like these, I have one target audience: Keith.

I've sparred with Trix, Totem, IcyKill (she'll be back), DSpuds, Tux, Ion, DWho, and even Casira, JennyFlynn, Ascending, and of course, who can forget Ol' Buzzie!. I'm sure I've forgotten a couple. Probably the three I've agreed with most on this forum are actually you, PennyAnn, and Rion (but even with you three it's never been 100%). Come to think of it, I'm not sure Piitarr and I have ever disagreed, but I digress.

I have mad respect for all the people I just mentioned, despite disagreements, which we've had. But attack my motives, well they can... (fill in the blank). But, as you note, I'm a stickler for facts, and well math. So when twits go after me (personally), I love informing them of the following:

1) RNG by MATH (in case they fail at reading comprehension) is reduced from 100% to 46.66 percent. Fault me for being a stickler to facts, but that's sort of a significant fact. Moreover...

2) What those numbers don't convey is that those items are class specific. That's what I care most about.

3) Left side items are legacy-wide gearing, which should ease the pain.

Regardless, and now I'm going to steal / paraphrase from Rion: What choice do we have? By definition, anyone posting or reading on this forum is a fan. Let's work to make it better. Gotta play the hand you're dealt.

But Kodrac, I don't give a womprat's behind what a couple forum-goers who can't comprehend English or understand math think about me. If my worst sin is that I'm a stickler for facts and I'm objectively right, I'll die a Happy Hutt as long as Kai Zykken is by my side. :rak_03: And trust me, I've done far, far worse things than state facts and the objective truth. So much so, I might deserve a spanking. I've been a naughty, naughty Hutt. :rak_03:

Hugs,

Dasty

P.S. Don't worry, we shall spar again.

Edited by Jdast

Everyone should take the time to read this post... especially the spoiler inserts !!

This is very well done !

On a side note: someone is very good at testing as well !!

No one seems to care much the other problems. RNG is all anyone wants to talk about. Does anyone care about the crafting?

Now consider that to craft ONE piece of entry level green gear it requires 10 WEEKS worth of Conquest reward mats. 10 WEEKS of time waiting before I can craft one piece of gear, assuming maybe 4 hours of dedicated conquest grinding time to make personal goal each week, means 40 HOURS of effort to get 1/30th of what I got in one evening of FPs.

Edited by Totemdancer

No one seems to care much the other problems. RNG is all anyone wants to talk about. Does anyone care about the crafting?

FWIW, Totem:

1) I do, and I appreciate the links; and

2) Welcome back!

I appreciated your post about many of us having different perspectives, but acknowledging we all care about the game.

I would add, I read the alacrity threshold post with interest as well. I do agree, though, the crafting one warrants particular attention.

Staying the course,

Dasty

FWIW, Totem:

1) I do, and I appreciate the links; and

2) Welcome back!

I appreciated your post about many of us having different perspectives, but acknowledging we all care about the game.

I would add, I read the alacrity threshold post with interest as well. I do agree, though, the crafting one warrants particular attention.

Staying the course,

Dasty

I forgot about the companion healing nerf. That will also have some serious ramifications for people and the game.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9760868#post9760868

Edited by Totemdancer

I'm not here to win a personality forum contest with forum-goers. In threads like these, I have one target audience: Keith.

I've sparred with Trix, Totem, IcyKill (she'll be back), DSpuds, Tux, Ion, DWho, and even Casira, JennyFlynn, Ascending, and of course, who can forget Ol' Buzzie!. I'm sure I've forgotten a couple. Probably the three I've agreed with most on this forum are actually you, PennyAnn, and Rion (but even with you three it's never been 100%). Come to think of it, I'm not sure Piitarr and I have ever disagreed, but I digress.

What about me?! :cool:

Teasing ofc

I have mad respect for all the people I just mentioned, despite disagreements, which we've had. But attack my motives, well they can... (fill in the blank). But, as you note, I'm a stickler for facts, and well math. So when twits go after me (personally), I love informing them of the following:

1) RNG by MATH (in case they fail at reading comprehension) is reduced from 100% to 46.66 percent. Fault me for being a stickler to facts, but that's sort of a significant fact. Moreover...

2) What those numbers don't convey is that those items are class specific. That's what I care most about.

3) Left side items are legacy-wide gearing, which should ease the pain.

Regardless, and now I'm going to steal / paraphrase from Rion: What choice do we have? By definition, anyone posting or reading on this forum is a fan. Let's work to make it better. Gotta play the hand you're dealt.

But Kodrac, I don't give a womprat's behind what a couple forum-goers who can't comprehend English or understand math think about me. If my worst sin is that I'm a stickler for facts and I'm objectively right, I'll die a Happy Hutt as long as Kai Zykken is by my side. :rak_03: And trust me, I've done far, far worse things than state facts and the objective truth. So much so, I might deserve a spanking. I've been a naughty, naughty Hutt. :rak_03:

Hugs,

Dasty

P.S. Don't worry, we shall spar again.

I don't get your math on #1.

How does the future implementation of a direct sale (tech fragments currency) vendor negate that much RNG from all the other sources?

To the contrary of what you might think at this point YES !! Dasty has made it very clear that there are issues with crafting.

In fact there are a number of people who have ! Crafting as it stands is in serious jeopardy ! Even the "Greens" are ridiculously priced (as I understand it).

Please understand I'm not that involved in crafting so I'm waaay out of my element there. Heck for that matter .. At my age.. I have to rely on a lot of the detailed stats of what those who test and CAN quote all of that techno stuff. I can run through an area .. test .. and tell you my opinion (it either stinks or not .. drop rates are good or NOT !) … But a lot of folks are good at quoting specifics about this game. I try to read them and make the best judgement of what I read based upon what I have actually experienced in game play.

To that end:

1. If I have given you (or anyone else) the impression that crafting should take a back seat .. that's on me ! My apologies ! That was wrong.

2. Please don't forget that there are other issues as well that no one has heard ANYTHING about:

* Companions

* Changes that are long over due in PvP (other than gear) ..

* BTW … has there been any word lately on CONTENT ???

* And I'm quite certain that there are at least a couple other items that many other folks have been waiting on when 6.0 drops.

IMO … yes there is still a lot ahead of us. There is still a lot that we need to keep pushing forward and in the minds of the development team. The development team OR whom ever is actually reading and monitoring these forums is the single most important targeted audience we have.

6.0 … unappealing?? That depends. Are they (the development team) really listening ?

If we demonstrate an reprehensible attitude that is devoid compassion and appreciation .. If we turn on each other and become self absorbed in a particular agenda that ignores reality … then we will loose the last chance we have to see this game continue.

Yes .. I care. I believe that there are several more that do as well. Do we always agree ? NOPE !!

Will the final answer be an easy one ? NOPE … it never is ! BUT there is a good answer !

Mean time .. try to keep the faith !! Don't give up. Even when 6.0 drops …. Don't give up !

Edited

Edited by OlBuzzard

Trixxie, your WoW Classic plugging due to your disappointment in SWTOR and how the devs dealt with very specific issues you encountered is becoming a little tiresome to be honest.

I understand why you are disappointed in SWTOR and decided to cancel your subscription, but you seem to go out of your way now to devalue everything SWTOR by promoting the massiveness of WoW Classic. Let's be real here, the allure of WoW Classic is not because of superior game design via simplicity or making you work for stuff and most certainly not because it is less grindy or offers more content compared to SWTOR - to the contrary - but because it is walking down memory lane with an MMO that shaped an entire generation of gamers when it comes to online gaming.

Blizzard in its confused state of being part of a big stock corporation tries to monetize nostalgia and invested heavily in a massive promotion campaign through very popular streamers in order to keep their subscriber base that is disappointed/burned out with the latest WoW iteration. There is absolutely no wonder why you only need to be subscribed to the current WoW to automatically get access to WoW Classic and I really don't see any valuable insight the devs could get in their approach to SWTOR by looking at WoW Classic and its customer base.

You should really get your head out of the sand, WoW classic is blowing up like July 4th fireworks. Up to 35 servers all full. No sign of slowing down, where SWTOR can't say the same. No RNG bs either, you can actually research what gear you want and go get it. Not to mention, god FORBID SWTOR from actually listening to their customer base, i mean it could result in keeping and bringing back SUBS. I mean how stupid is that? Blizzard stock is going up as well. You can keep making your white knight argument until SWTOR dies on the vine for all I care. And why wouldn't you need a sub to access WoW classic?

Oh, and most of the streamers are on like 2 servers, that doesn't explain why they have 35 servers, all filled to the brim, all through the day and night. Seriously, it is white knights like you, always saying how great SWTOR is in its present form, that will be the end of it. Guess what, the majority of people don't think as you. They want to play a game that they enjoy, not a Vegas, RNG slot machine, or Space Barbi for the ERP'rs.

I predict the game will be decent 2-3 years from now

2-3 years from now this game will not exist that's for sure.

If they'll release 6.0 as it currently is on PTS servers will be closed due to depopulation in this december.

Edited by Kraysk

You know, I have max level crafters in all professions, double on some just out of boredom, and I haven't crafted anything in two years at least. Maybe the odd augment or kit for myself, but otherwise nothing. And if conquest is going to be mandatory in order to craft, forget it. They made conquest worse and they're doubling down on making it more grindy in 6.0. Grind is the only thing they have left. Screw that.

Edited by kodrac

You know, I have max level crafters in all professions, double on some just out of boredom, and I haven't crafted anything in two years at least. Maybe the odd augment or kit for myself, but otherwise nothing. And if conquest is going to be mandatory in order to craft, forget it. They made conquest worse and they're doubling down on making it more grindy in 6.0. Grind is the only thing they have left. Screw that.

I found augments a good way to make credits, but that's dried up quite a bit with the CMTs being easier to get now it seems. this made me realize if they make crafting guild-oriented and even harder to make a profit from then as a solo crafter, I won't even be able to do that anymore. I always enjoyed crafting on MMOs, I hope they don't wreck it like they seem to be doing on SWTOR.

2-3 years from now this game will not exist that's for sure.

If they'll release 6.0 as it currently is on PTS servers will be closed due to depopulation in this december.

Well, I guess you right if we follow the entire cause and effect of the last few large game-changing updates SWTOR has had added and apply that to this one.

The effect of adding much RNG and not much content has dropped the numbers of players here, which eventually there is a point of no point, so to speak on BW/EA's behalf.

I mean if they lose too many people and the CM isn't bringing in enough to justify keeping the game up they will shut it down.

Unless story-moders and RPers can keep the game up by buying CM items, the game could be doomed with PVPers and PVE players being pushed off the game with poorly thought out game changes.

You should really get your head out of the sand, WoW classic is blowing up like July 4th fireworks.

As for WOW, personally I know it's far more active than this game, I just cannot get into it. I even like the graphic style, I just never found the gameplay or PVP very engaging. I wish I could.

If this game becomes a bigger dumpster fire after 6.0, and I cannot find it fun (again) and i feel pushed off the game I'd say I am very close to being done here. Eventually a decent MMO will be out to play if this one dies.

This will always be the game that should have been so much better, that's what legacy SWTOR is going to leave when it's all said and done. It's not like it was a failure, but we can be honest here; it had far more promise than what it lived up to. That's due to poor management and nothing else.

BW was handed the keys to the largest Sci-Fi IP on the planet and they put it on the back burner and let it die while pumping their resources and time, energy into Anthem which had no chance to ever be 1/10 as big as this game could have been. Such a waste of resources!

You should really get your head out of the sand, WoW classic is blowing up like July 4th fireworks. Up to 35 servers all full. No sign of slowing down, where SWTOR can't say the same. No RNG bs either, you can actually research what gear you want and go get it. Not to mention, god FORBID SWTOR from actually listening to their customer base, i mean it could result in keeping and bringing back SUBS. I mean how stupid is that? Blizzard stock is going up as well. You can keep making your white knight argument until SWTOR dies on the vine for all I care. And why wouldn't you need a sub to access WoW classic?

More people are now playing classic than retail WoW. LMAO, its more like you pay a subscription for classic and get retail thrown in for free :p

I’ll be honest, I’ve not logged into swtor more than 3 times since classic was released.

[/snip-snip]

Unless story-moders and RPers can keep the game up by buying CM items, the game could be doomed with PVPers and PVE players being pushed off the game with poorly thought out game changes.

[/snip]

If this game becomes a bigger dumpster fire after 6.0, and I cannot find it fun (again) and i feel pushed off the game I'd say I am very close to being done here. Eventually a decent MMO will be out to play if this one dies.

This will always be the game that should have been so much better, that's what legacy SWTOR is going to leave when it's all said and done. It's not like it was a failure, but we can be honest here; it had far more promise than what it lived up to. That's due to poor management and nothing else.

BW was handed the keys to the largest Sci-Fi IP on the planet and they put it on the back burner and let it die while pumping their resources and time, energy into Anthem which had no chance to ever be 1/10 as big as this game could have been. Such a waste of resources!

The game that was .. and should have been much, much more !

At the beginning there were 8 stories .. then blended down to one. There could have and should have been more. KotFE / ET story line in and of itself wasn't so bad … BUT what was done with funneling all story lines into essentially one was a disaster. Ossus : JUS was a baby step in the right direction but still cut out the vast majority of companions. Companions have essentially became a dead issue. (like it or not a lot of players use to enjoy them … back when there was something to enjoy). IMO … it's not just about a story of Empire vs Republic. For some that should be the only story in SWTOR … I respect their opinion but I also disagree (sorry .. just telling the truth). SWTOR did something that very few games ever have: It offered 8 different aspects of a game. That's dead and gone !

We speculate all day long of the possibilities … and for good reason. The possibilities at one time were essentially innumerable... Now we struggle for survival.

What on earth happened ?

IMO .. a significant part of that happens to be EA .. not so much as BW. Remember EA is use to a business model that more or less is based on: Investment capitol … develop said new game... release .. gather in cash .. DONE ! And then move on to the next project. EA sports such as Madden Football being a classic example. Reinvesting and taking the time to realized ADDITIOAL profit is not worth that sort of risk. Frankly after 6.0 and a few upgrades I seriously have doubts about the future of the game. UNLESS someone at the VERY TOP of EA has a change of heart.

Please note: this is not the fault of BW or anyone in their team. You can fry this Ol Buzzard if ya like (that's cool .. I understand .. I'm putting myself out there this time) .. BUT I stand by those words. IMO the development team is doing their very best to put together 6.0 with what they have to work with. I will know more about the RNG system after the PTS update next week. ( I had hoped it would drop by this Friday) ..

I'm no doubt alienating myself from some of you for posting that … but IMO … it's still the truth.

What should have been ??? Frankly this is the 3 (or perhaps 4th) time I've seen a game that I really liked to get flushed like this !! I find this most disturbing. It seems to be an inevitable conclusion for most (if not all ) games.

What should have been ??? I think of all of those possibilities.. what could have been … and find myself asking one question: WHY ?? And WHY am I spending so much of my time HERE ? I hope it's not time wasted.

Concerns and watching for:

1. RNG

2. Companions … (a list if items that a number of folks are watching for)

3. PvP improvements

4. Content level

5. Difficulty assessments

6. Crafting and related items

7. PvE excessive grinding and other concerns

This is by no means a comprehensive list.. just a few items in passing that I can think of off the top of my head.

No .. I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet. Probably not after 6.0 drops. I just hope that somewhere in there the vicious cycle of gaming is broken.

The keys to one of the best series that could have been … and should have !!

Edited by OlBuzzard

TBH I don't think even that is going to save it if they go through with some of these changes. They're also making things harder for more casual story players with the nerfed companions and changed level sync. They make it too hard to complete the story, and take away the ways story/solo players have to currently level up and grind (like heroics), and it's likely that retention won't be great there either.

Plus there's no point in buying stuff like expensive lightsabers or blasters from the CM when you can't use them and gear up at the same time at level 75, so they're already shooting themselves in the foot with CM sales.

FWIW I'm planning on going through the story but doubt I will be keeping my subscription after that.

TBH I don't think even that is going to save it if they go through with some of these changes. They're also making things harder for more casual story players with the nerfed companions and changed level sync. They make it too hard to complete the story, and take away the ways story/solo players have to currently level up and grind (like heroics), and it's likely that retention won't be great there either.

Plus there's no point in buying stuff like expensive lightsabers or blasters from the CM when you can't use them and gear up at the same time at level 75, so they're already shooting themselves in the foot with CM sales.

FWIW I'm planning on going through the story but doubt I will be keeping my subscription after that.

Raiders will stay in 6.0. We're getting a new operation, and generally speaking, HM and NiM operations have been the best way to gear up in this game. But pure pvp'ers have definitely gotten the shaft since expertise went away. It's a good thing the devs bolstered pvp up to 252, or gear disparity would have been immense.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller