All the systems for 6.0 seem unappealing. Bioware you need to pay attention.

TrixxieTriss

Eh, it seems pretty expected to me at this point. They started out absurd levels of RNG despite it being incredibly obvious people were going to hate it and now after backlash, they are walking it back some and looking into a more straightforward (note: supplementary) route some.

This is about in line with where my parsing of this situation now is. I don't think they ever intended to listen. I think they intended to give the impression of listening by giving themselves more time to course correct from an extreme, so that they could win us over with the impression of having listened, even though the end result is still mostly what they want and mostly not what we asked for.

With each change they make, more people will cave and say "ok, well I guess that's not too bad," or so I assume they hope.

It's rather brilliant deception.

I mean, really, it's... what, either that or they are remarkable levels of tone deaf and need to be doggedly slammed with negative feedback, while detail implementation sits in front of them, to get anything through to them? Neither one instills confidence in the future direction of the game.

I think the only thing that would really send my reasoning packing at this point, is if they threw out most of the Spoils of War gearing system and started over with as little RNG as possible. But that's about as likely as George Lucas appearing on the forums to tell us all about how Jar Jar was behind the whole thing.FW

And really... I know you're being Cheeky Dasty and all, but if you're trying to imply that they are listening, well that's the opposite of a reason to calm down about it. That's a reason to continue to be persistent in specific feedback about the systems they've put out there and try to push it further toward what we want. You don't declare victory and go take a nap when you want a mile and are given an inch. That's the time to seize on the momentum.

FWIW, I agree with absolutely every sentence you wrote. No lie! Even I went to the conspiratorial thought of -- they made the system so bad, knowing people would (rightly) complain and adopt a course correction.

Regardless, because I'm a results / outcome oriented kind of Hutt...

I'm much happier now than I was before. But you are absolutely right -- we should not let up. While the framework now seems to be in place, the cost / ratio is still in question. And here I give a shout out to Zion who has been persistent on the PTS forum about that issue.

Sadly, my dear Rolo, we can't engage in forum PvP. I agree with you. :rak_03:

Hugs,

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, it seems pretty expected to me at this point. They started out absurd levels of RNG despite it being incredibly obvious people were going to hate it and now after backlash, they are walking it back some and looking into a more straightforward (note: supplementary) route some.

This is about in line with where my parsing of this situation now is. I don't think they ever intended to listen. I think they intended to give the impression of listening by giving themselves more time to course correct from an extreme, so that they could win us over with the impression of having listened, even though the end result is still mostly what they want and mostly not what we asked for.

With each change they make, more people will cave and say "ok, well I guess that's not too bad," or so I assume they hope.

It's rather brilliant deception.

I mean, really, it's... what, either that or they are remarkable levels of tone deaf and need to be doggedly slammed with negative feedback, while detail implementation sits in front of them, to get anything through to them? Neither one instills confidence in the future direction of the game.

I think the only thing that would really send my reasoning packing at this point, is if they threw out most of the Spoils of War gearing system and started over with as little RNG as possible. But that's about as likely as George Lucas appearing on the forums to tell us all about how Jar Jar was behind the whole thing.

And really... I know you're being Cheeky Dasty and all, but if you're trying to imply that they are listening, well that's the opposite of a reason to calm down about it. That's a reason to continue to be persistent in specific feedback about the systems they've put out there and try to push it further toward what we want. You don't declare victory and go take a nap when you want a mile and are given an inch. That's the time to seize on the momentum.

I'd like to think they are that devious, but I think it's just as possible as them simply doing as they usually do, rolling out a system that is met with tons of displeasure only this time instead of pushing out the door and then doing marginal "fixes" for months after to please people they decided to try to do those before it's rolled out just to save themselves the time of having to do it later.

If they can do marginal fixes now, that gives them a full year of not having to do anything significant again. I think it's more of a situation where they have zero finger on the pulse, and for the sake of survival they recognize they probably ought to adjust it now before pushing it out the door.

I have to believe they simply do zero recon to scout out how to make the game better and give the people what they want. Instead, they must follow the directions of a few people who are stuck in an echo chamber full of RNG, tons of gear grind, and little to no actual content. They could be forced into this predicament, who knows?

Maybe they are given a very tiny budget and are forced to keep options very limited as to what they can do for the game. That's being generous, but still a possibility.

When this game first came out I crafted a lot, heck I was a crafter in my 1st MMO. I like crafting, crafting done right, I gave up crafting around 5.0 because it was convoluted expensive and rather unfulfilling. If its going to be more of the same, just WoW. Seriously WoW classic is better than I thought it would be, I still play here way more than there, but thats not cast in stone, If the end of October shows BW really didn't listen to folks, and not JUST crafting ... A game should be fun, I game because its a break from work. I want my games to be less work than work, not more.

Ya I hated when they redid crafting and added an extra step, basically requiring an alt for the 3rd gathering resource. I crafted augment kits all the time, but they added that extra step of needing to craft a resource and I just didn't care for the extra time it required and simply stopped keeping up with crafting.

Doesn't it look familiar to you Spuds? It should because I know you play(ed?) ESO too. This is the monster helm/shoulder chests and keys. They hate it there too by the way, for anyone unfamiliar. You can watch Youtube videos of people opening 100 chests and never getting the item they need. But this is BW who never innovate anymore and only copy. ESO isn't popular because of their RNG on top of RNG gear, it's because they drop new content every three months. Something BW doesn't get.

Yeah, I know.

It was stupid in ESO, its equally stupid here.

All The Best

For what it's worth … I'm following this. And the other post that is up is more or less a follow up with the inevitable question posed at point blank range. It is not meant to take away from the diligence of what has taken place here!

Thank You

Best Regards

FWIW, I agree with absolutely every sentence you wrote. No lie! Even I went to the conspiratorial thought of -- they made the system so bad, knowing people would (rightly) complain and adopt a course correction.

Regardless, because I'm a results / outcome oriented kind of Hutt...

I'm much happier now than I was before. But you are absolutely right -- we should not let up. While the framework now seems to be in place, the cost / ratio is still in question. And here I give a shout out to Zion who has been persistent on the PTS forum about that issue.

Sadly, my dear Rolo, we can't engage in forum PvP. I agree with you. :rak_03:

Hugs,

Dasty

That's perfectly fine with me. <3

I'd like to think they are that devious, but I think it's just as possible as them simply doing as they usually do, rolling out a system that is met with tons of displeasure only this time instead of pushing out the door and then doing marginal "fixes" for months after to please people they decided to try to do those before it's rolled out just to save themselves the time of having to do it later.

If they can do marginal fixes now, that gives them a full year of not having to do anything significant again. I think it's more of a situation where they have zero finger on the pulse, and for the sake of survival they recognize they probably ought to adjust it now before pushing it out the door.

I have to believe they simply do zero recon to scout out how to make the game better and give the people what they want. Instead, they must follow the directions of a few people who are stuck in an echo chamber full of RNG, tons of gear grind, and little to no actual content. They could be forced into this predicament, who knows?

Maybe they are given a very tiny budget and are forced to keep options very limited as to what they can do for the game. That's being generous, but still a possibility.

Fair points. I can't say I disagree.

Haven't spent any time on the PTS so I don't have any first hand knowledge of the coming changes... I own a dark side and a light side guild that has lost membership based on the "grind"... I play mostly solo and this update appears to be anti solo (no pun intended). The fact that most of my guild mates have left for other franchises or RL events leaves me with few choices... rebuild/relearn, join another guild, or retire. It feels that the developers are trying to align more with the battle royale/PVP alignment than maintain the balance between PVE and PVP. Ultimately this may drive me to seek a franchise that has a better balance. While I enjoy group content and I might like to rebuild or restart the guild experience I am not so interested in the Warzone/PVP arena. If I am forced to do that to be able to build the gear and the experience that I want/need then I may be forced to move on... hard for a founder to do that but...

Haven't spent any time on the PTS so I don't have any first hand knowledge of the coming changes... I own a dark side and a light side guild that has lost membership based on the "grind"... I play mostly solo and this update appears to be anti solo (no pun intended). The fact that most of my guild mates have left for other franchises or RL events leaves me with few choices... rebuild/relearn, join another guild, or retire. It feels that the developers are trying to align more with the battle royale/PVP alignment than maintain the balance between PVE and PVP. Ultimately this may drive me to seek a franchise that has a better balance. While I enjoy group content and I might like to rebuild or restart the guild experience I am not so interested in the Warzone/PVP arena. If I am forced to do that to be able to build the gear and the experience that I want/need then I may be forced to move on... hard for a founder to do that but...

This is the sort of thing that has genuinely concerned a large number of players. That is why there are two threads in which every attempt is being made to get the message across.

BW really does need to pay attention. It could also be concluded to temper the entire affair in such a fashion as not got go from one extreme position … to another !

The solution should be kept simple. That message is made clear in this thread … and the other as well.

It seems the green lvl 75 gear isn’t as good as the 258 +240 augmented gear. Not sure if this is the same in the story lvling, but it is in other aspects of the game.

And even crafting that green gear will be so expensive and time consuming that no one in their right mind will do it.

Well at least on this part of your posts here I agree on., Green level 75 was for the most part lower than 258 gear. Which if it's a upgrade ? well it sure does not seem it.

Not happy with crafting at all, then again as a solo player I could not get the isotope for even 230 gear so, yea not going to change much in any case for me personally. I just point blank refuse to buy mats that are exclusive to group players of GTN. I buy other mats but nothing exclusive. So don't buy 230 gear onwards either. So crafting to me was gone a long time ago. Nothing on the PTS as far as crafting go's looks like that's going to change. So agree with you on both of these points.

I think you aren't understanding what's being added with 6.0. None of the changes help PVPers. Your concern for solo players being hurt is legitimate though, and that includes solo PVP players when it comes to crafting.

This link is to a thread on these forums I created condensing the 6.0 updates so you can see what are actually some of the changes they are adding with 6.0:

http://www.swtor.com/fr/community/showthread.php?t=968100

The only thing really related to PVP is making bolster boost higher gear ratings in the WZs when anyone enters them. This only makes it better for non-PVPers if done properly and if bolster works right. This change will have zero impact on any PVE activities though.

As for tactical items and new gear set bonuses as far as I can tell PVE players will be using these for PVE activities too, these features are for both PVE and PVP gameplay.

Nautolans being added? That's not a PVP thing.

A really grindy RNG based gearing system? PVPers don't like this either. We like to gear up fast when we have lots of alts so all our toons are geared and not disadvantaged in WZs with lower rated gears.

I fail to see how PVP can be blamed for 6.0 changes. PVP has nothing to do with what they are bringing with 6.0, in fact most PVPers despise the changes, too.

This thread would benefit greatly from people actually reading the latest updates from Eric.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9761634#edit9761634

Two major upcoming changes that are being completely ignored are as follows:

1) Not only does gear drop now for just for your class, but you actually have a choice now through a toggle to specify the discipline. This is a huge improvement as I can gear up alts far more easily now.

2) Tech Fragments are the new Unassembled Components. You can use them to purchase specific items from Kai Zykken, who will have random set pieces that rotate. Or (and people keep ignoring this) you can go to a new, as of yet unimplemented vendor, that is permanent and will sell the exact item you want. Expect it to be expensive.

I don't care if they are spewing worthless non-moddable gear at us now that there is a universal currency which I can use to purchase the exact item I want.

Frankly, our collective attention should be focused on the pricing of these items, which I expect to be ludicrously high. Ditto with crafting costs.

But please, by all means, continue bashing a gearing system that is no longer operative and going live for 6.0.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

This thread would benefit greatly from people actually reading the latest updates from Eric.

Two major changes that are being completely ignored are as follows:

1) Not only does gear drop now for just for your class, but you actually have a choice now through a toggle to specify the discipline. This is a huge improvement as I can gear up alts far more easily now.

2) Tech Fragments are the new Unassembled Components. You can use them to purchase specific items from Kai Zykken, who will have random set pieces that rotate. Or (and people keep ignoring this) you can go to a new, as of yet unimplemented vendor that is permanent and will sell the exact item you want. Expect it to be expensive.

I don't care if they are spewing worthless gear at us now that there is a universal currency which I can use to purchase the exact item I want.

Frankly, our collective attention should be focused on the pricing of these items, which I expect to be ludicrously high. Ditto with crafting costs.

But please, by all means, continue bashing a gearing system that is no longer operative and going live for 6.0.

Dasty

So:

1) What you get is still RNG, so you'll end up with something with useless stats, or something you already have.

2) Its a random set. Unless we pay an arms and a leg for it that is.

And you are defending this?

First time ever you've gone down in my estimation Dasty.

When will they realise that RNG should be just dropped.

Currently playing LOTRO. Landscape mobs drop RNG loot. So what?

Quests reward Tokens, you trade Tokens in for EXACTLY what you want.

How hard is it?

Must be working because some of the players that came to and then left SWTOR over grindy RNG bullshine are busy in LOTRO gearing up their toons, and making meaningful progress EVERY TIME they buy an Item.

And SSG are releasing more content than SWTOR, and they are working on a 64bit client to update the game.

This is what happens when you listen to your players and deliver something they can enjoy.

All The Best

Dasty

Well to be fair Eric's information isn't always easy to sort through, thanks for adding his most recent updates. As Banderal mentioned a sticky of his most recent info would be helpful.

Also, people are bashing the premise of a more heavy gear grinding system which has been proposed for weeks now so you can't expect conversations to change suddenly just because Eric added (another) update for us to digest.

Can you teach Eric how to sticky, Dasty? Maybe that would streamline our discussions and make up to date info easier to find. :p

Honestly I think it's smoke and mirrors, I think it will still be super grindy and bad even with "improvements."

Edited by Lhancelot

So:

1) What you get is still RNG, so you'll end up with something with useless stats, or something you already have.

2) Its a random set. Unless we pay an arms and a leg for it that is.

And you are defending this?

First time ever you've gone down in my estimation Dasty.

When will they realise that RNG should be just dropped.

Currently playing LOTRO. Landscape mobs drop RNG loot. So what?

Quests reward Tokens, you trade Tokens in for EXACTLY what you want.

How hard is it?

Must be working because some of the players that came to and then left SWTOR over grindy RNG bullshine are busy in LOTRO gearing up their toons, and making meaningful progress EVERY TIME they buy an Item.

And SSG are releasing more content than SWTOR, and they are working on a 64bit client to update the game.

This is what happens when you listen to your players and deliver something they can enjoy.

All The Best

Spuds,

I'm confused. Yes, they are spewing worthless gear at us, which I then disintegrate into tech fragments. I then take those fragments and purchase the item I want.

Kai will have a rotating selection of items, but a new permanent vendor will allow me to purchase the exact item I want. How is that RNG?

Do I find the process of disintegrating items convoluted and unnecessary? Would I prefer just dropping a universal currency or token? Sure. But the system as it is now sounds a lot like 5.6.

Will they screw up the pricing to start with? Indubitably. We've been around the block enough to know -- of course they will (or so says my Magic 8 Ball). :rak_03:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Spuds,

I'm confused. Yes, they are spewing worthless gear at us, which I then disintegrate into tech fragments. I then take those fragments and purchase the item I want.

Kai will have a rotating selection of items, but a new permanent vendor will allow me to purchase the exact item I want. How is that RNG?

Do I find the process of disintegrating items convoluted and unnecessary? Would I prefer just dropping a universal currency or token? Sure. But the system as it is now sounds a lot like 5.6.

Will they screw up the pricing to start with? Indubitably. We've been around the block enough to know -- of course they will (or so says my Magic 8 Ball). :rak_03:

Dasty

If I may be so bold... IMO this is not that too much different from what we have on Ossus !

Am I correct ?

That being the case there is simply stated a HUGE amount of wasted time !

AND .. if understand correctly that is a part of the problem.

Is this also correct ?

If the answer is yes to these questions then someone missed an even bigger point several months ago when a large number of players began to point this out !

I'm not trying to be rude … or a troll. I'm simply trying to get to the bottom of this and get focused on what works !

For whatever it is worth … I do agree with you that if we are stuck with the new RNG system … the pricing had better be set up where players can you know … ACTUALLY get stuff !!

I would personally would prefer to do that before I start pushing up daisies !!

;)

Spuds,

Dasty

I'm raging against the system currently in place on PTS.

Not a promise that hasn't materialized yet.

If it does, so be it. Expensive is better than not at all.

And we need to see it before we can focus on the pricing of the gear.

Hello, just to clarify:

This is actually not implemented yet. Despite another patch with some improvements my Merc dps still got Tank gear from flashpoint bosses and tank pistol from the evil RNG vendor. The toggle is not yet implemented. Eventually it will be a huge improvement, but it's not there right now.

2) Tech Fragments are the new Unassembled Components. You can use them to purchase specific items from Kai Zykken, who will have random set pieces that rotate. Or (and people keep ignoring this) you can go to a new, as of yet unimplemented vendor, that is permanent and will sell the exact item you want. Expect it to be expensive

Tech fragments are slow to come by - around 10 solo veteran flashpoints and I might have had enough tech fragments to get one Kai piece, except I needed them instead to buy from the evil RNG vendor so I could boost my Item Rating so I could get better loot from the flashpoint. Eventually one will be able to comfortably use Kai, but right now most people can only use this vendor via the Tech Fragment exploit, which I got to believe will not make it to Live.

Also, per Bioware:

We are going to add vendors to the game that will sell all set items and tacticals for Tech Fragments. This is not meant to be a primary source of acquiring the gear but it will ensure you can get exactly what you want over time. Since this is meant to be supplementary, expect higher pricing on it.

This sounds like only tacticals and set bonus shells will be sold and for an even higher price than Kai - or in other words, if you need say a 280 chest piece to get the Item Rating boost to keep the gear wheel turning, this vendor is not going to do that. You will still be dependent on the random boss drops, renown drops and the evil RNG vendor to get the gear to keep the Item Rating level churning upwards. But I guess eventually one will be able to use this vendor, when one is already at max gear level and has accumulated a ton of tech fragments...

P.S. It's not the RNG that bothers me so much - it's that my level 75 has to go through 19 levels of gear advancement whether using rng or tokens or whatnot so that at the end of that journey my 75 character can have the same stats that the character currently has at level 70 in 252 gear (and actually, it will probably be a slightly less than the level 70 252 geared toon because I don't think I will be able to reach the same crit level).

And then I can begin trying to accumulate different set bonus gear and tacticals and start fine tuning the amps, etc. (start "playing my way"). At the end of the day, I think it is this reality that has people upset and wondering why Bioware is so interested in putting in roadblocks (like the evil RNG vendor) to slow this process down.

Just my two cents.

It doesn't matter what BW thinks and says ought be the main way to gear.

The Ossus crystal grind was supposed to be supplemental in theory too... but in practice you alt hop and grind crystals and maybe the RNG drops along the way shorten that grind for a set.

People will adopt a playstyle that maximizes progression down a predictable path that guarantees the most progression. Which means grind content with the most tech part return for time spent any any Ossus-esque weeklies with a loot box of a guaranteed quality - that RNG element to save you some of the grind. People sure as heck won't run random content just crossing their fingers the next RNG box is that one in XY chance of the drop you need, do that for half a year and then fill the gaps with tech parts.

I'm going to consolidate my responses since it is pretty much the same with one exception.

1) Ol Buzzy! The issue with Ossus (for me) was that it was only place to (feasibly) acquire Masterwork Data Crystals. Here they are vomiting a bunch of worthless gear at us from all over the place / every activity which we then stick in our ACME disintegrator to get the new universal currency -- Technical Fragments.

2) Now for the others. I just don't know what more I can do. A couple pages ago I posted Eric's full post. Earlier this morning, I posted a link to it (to save space).

I am well aware that the new system is not yet in place. I've said so now four times. What many of you are doing is akin to critiquing the rehearsal of a theatrical play in pre-production and slamming the performance of an actor or set design when the production company has already announced changes such as an addition to the cast. In this case, Kai may still be in the show, but he's joined by a new vendor that will sell specific sets / tacticals, albeit at a higher price. What part of this is so hard to understand?

It's frustrating to have a constructive dialogue to improve the game when people do not acquaint themselves with what BW has most recently said. Yes, we all know (or should) that what Eric wrote has not yet gone live. I would have thought the title of his thread made that clear. For those too lazy, the thread posted two days ago was entitled:

"The Next PTS Patch and Future Changes."

My understanding of the English language is that future changes mean, well, they are not yet in place. Ergo, unless they bald face reverse course from this position, I'm going to keep my eye on the prize, which again for the fourth time is...

The drop rates for tech fragments and the concomitant cost of the moddable shells and tacticals will almost certainly be out of sync and ridiculously high. Crafting costs seem ridiculously overpriced as well.

<<this next martini is very well earned and entirely medicinal>>

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

The drop rates for tech fragments and the concomitant cost of the moddable shells and tacticals will almost certainly be out of sync and ridiculously high. Crafting costs seem ridiculously overpriced as well.

Dasty

Nobody cares about that right now. The core problem is still how how even with the changes 6.0 will be 100% rng with no true direct path to upgrade and the fact that there are NINETEEN TIERS and the gear set bonuses are all garbage and BW knows they are garbage because they are taking away our old set bonuses at 75.

Nobody cares about that right now. The core problem is still how how even with the changes 6.0 will be 100% rng with no true direct path to upgrade and the fact that there are NINETEEN TIERS and the gear set bonuses are all garbage and BW knows they are garbage because they are taking away our old set bonuses at 75.

Let's agree to disagree. A productive discussion isn't to be had with someone I don't think understands the plain language of what Eric wrote.

FWIW, I agree with you on the set bonuses being garbage.

Peace out,

Dasty

Let's agree to disagree. A productive discussion isn't to be had with someone I don't think understands the plain language of what Eric wrote.

FWIW, I agree with you on the set bonuses being garbage.

Peace out,

Dasty

We understand exactly what he wrote....and we are giving our grievances on the core issues that will still exist. The only one that clearly thinks its something else is YOU.

I'm going to consolidate my responses since it is pretty much the same with one exception.

1) Ol Buzzy! The issue with Ossus (for me) was that it was only place to (feasibly) acquire Masterwork Data Crystals. Here they are vomiting a bunch of worthless gear at us from all over the place / every activity which we then stick in our ACME disintegrator to get the new universal currency -- Technical Fragments.

2) Now for the others. I just don't know what more I can do. A couple pages ago I posted Eric's full post. Earlier this morning, I posted a link to it (to save space).

I am well aware that the new system is not yet in place. I've said so now four times. What many of you are doing is akin to critiquing the rehearsal of play in pre-production and slamming the performance of an actor or set design when the production company has already announced changes such as an addition to the cast. In this case, Kai may still be in the show, but he's joined by a new vendor that will sell specific sets / tacticals, albeit at a higher price. What part of this is so hard to understand?

It's frustrating to have a constructive dialogue to improve the game when people do not acquaint themselves with what BW has most recently said. Yes, we all know (or should) that what Eric wrote has not yet gone live. I would have thought the title of his thread made that clear. For those too lazy, the thread posted two days ago was entitled:

"The Next PTS Patch and Future Changes."

My understanding of the English language is that future changes mean, well, they are not yet in place. Ergo, unless they bald face reverse course from this position, I'm going to keep my eye on the prize, which again for the fourth time is...

<<this next martini is very well earned and entirely medicinal>>

Dasty

Hang on a moment bud !

Set the drink down … take a deep breath !

I'm not so much trying to take sides or create dissention as I am trying to sort some of this stuff out. I'm still a bit behind folks on the PTS... I started out with lesser gear and it's slow … real slow. So the stuff I get is not that great! I really don't like judging the entire game on my "abilities" (particularly since I'm probably less adapt at playing as well as others).

OH... while I'm thinking about it.. we're both on the exact same page with Ossus.

Yet on the PTS forum there is still tons of concern there.

The number one concern is that the drops seem to be inconsistent with what folks need (or want). Tons of stuff that seem to amount to nothing. And frankly players are concerned that this is how it is going to be when the game drops ! It should also be noted that the drops that some are getting are basically .. well useless !! At the very least not what they are needing to build affectively to the next level. Some are concerned over level 75 gear as well. Again most of that concern seems to be centered around what is dropping. BUYING stuff seems to be a possibility.. but there is simply not enough concrete evidence to convince everyone who is testing … not YET at least. That may change with the new updates. We will have to see.

YES !! you are correct there are more changes coming ! I have read that in the PTS forum before you posted it. To be perfectly honest I beat me to the post.

It should be noted: that some in the PTS are concerned that even the new vendor will not help that much. IMO... there some real debate on that.. maybe... maybe not. I do agree that we need the updated stuff on PTS .

IMO we need the updates on PTS ASAP ! IMO... that would help ! If the new system will do what it is supposed to do … that will unquestionably settle thingS down tremendously !

I really believe that time is a big factor at this point. And much of the concerns are more than likely based on past performance (or perhaps better stated .. a LACK thereof). IMO if there is any one point that is to be made … AND YES you have posted it.. is that the entire system may not be active. Which brings up yet more concerns from a host of folks !! To be perfectly honest … I understand their concern.

I know that the crafting issues are huge as well. I DON'T do crafting so I really cannot comment on it. BUT I really DO trust your judgement !! OK !! ???

IMO... all of us need to pull together and get things sorted out in the most positive manor we can. We can live to fuss at each other at another time ! For now let's at least try to do this right and make sure we properly identify what really needs done one step at a time.

I also agree from everything I've read from others who are working with crafting that it's very expensive even in generating "greens" !! Yeah … Greens no less !!

AS for RNG: A LOT of players hate the mention of RNG... I understand why. BUT if the new system still incorporates it then we need to be pulling together to figure out how to get it to work better so we don't have a repeat of Ossus or more precisely the GC system. I'm afraid that anything that even resembles it will be met with an outpouring of rage !

Back to your point about Erics post regarding more changes coming !! We've came full circle as to what may be at the center of some of the misunderstanding!! TIME ! I'm quite certain that there is a reason why those "changes" have not been released yet. I'm willing to give Eric the benefit of the doubt. You know me Dasty !! I'll make my word good on that !! BUT... that said !! Time really is a factor and the natives are getting restless !!

BTW... it should be noted that this is not a rant!! It really isn't. I really am trying to work with you !! Honest !!

Spuds,

Dasty

Sounds just like Ossus. Which was also a tad expensive with the 1000 UCs price tag. Which begs the question, why reinvent the wheel on PTS just to come back to where we already are? Don't tell me they listened to feedback.... They had a Plan B just in case already lined up.

Edited by kodrac