Bug hunt XP Nerf?

Ordealis

• Dev Post

Hey all,

It's been a while since I posted, but wanted to jump in and say yep, we've known about this area and had planned to fix it with the expansion.

We typically don't include these types of changes in Patch Notes, but tbh, this snuck out with 5.10.3a. Since it's now effectively rolled out, we'll keep it in and will update the /slap message you're receiving when you are killing the poor bugs. What you are seeing isn't the final change, so we'll make additional adjustments in upcoming patches.

Speaking of patches, we have a mid-summer update including the Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event (with new rewards) coming out soon. Most of the team is focused on the expansion and of course, what follows in the winter.

See some of you at the Cantina in San Diego next month!

Keith---

ps...I'm seeing double XP and double CXP in-game on my toons, so you might want to check again. It's typically visible on your experience/CXP bar on your UI.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We typically don't include these types of changes in Patch Notes, but tbh, this snuck out with 5.10.3a. Since it's now effectively rolled out, we'll keep it in and will update the /slap message you're receiving when you are killing the poor bugs.

So, ninja nerf game strategy confirmed. Thanks

Hey all,

It's been a while since I posted, but wanted to jump in and say yep, we've known about this area and had planned to fix it with the expansion.

We typically don't include these types of changes in Patch Notes, but tbh, this snuck out with 5.10.3a. Since it's now effectively rolled out, we'll keep it in and will update the /slap message you're receiving when you are killing the poor bugs. What you are seeing isn't the final change, so we'll make additional adjustments in upcoming patches.

Speaking of patches, we have a mid-summer update including the Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event (with new rewards) coming out soon. Most of the team is focused on the expansion and of course, what follows in the winter.

Keith---

ps...I'm seeing double XP and double CXP in-game on my toons, so you might want to check again. It's typically visible on your experience/CXP bar on your UI.

Thanks Keith, good to see your name again... It's been too long.

Hey all,

Keith---

You didn't just nerf grinding, though, at least on the conquest end of things.

From what I'm seeing outside of level 70 areas every mob everywhere is rewarding *far* less conquest today than yesterday. Can you verify this? And if that's the case, why wasn't this change communicated? It wouldn't have just been an exploit fix if that's the case.

Keith,

Thank you for your response. RIP bughunt, but I am more concerned about the fact mobs as a whole are granting much less CQ points. Is there any possibility that the conquest points are buffed slightly for mobs? Is it a situation you and the rest of the team will monitor? Also, was the xp/conquest only nerfed as far as mobs go? Are there any changes to conquest point amounts besides bughunt/mobs?

hi keith! appreciate the heads up on the bug hunt it makes sense. However, any word on why planet side star forge is super laggy? wz/gsf is fine but on planets im getting 2-3 sec ability delay since the patch. but my ping is still really good

hi keith! appreciate the heads up on the bug hunt it makes sense. However, any word on why planet side star forge is super laggy? wz/gsf is fine but on planets im getting 2-3 sec ability delay since the patch. but my ping is still really good

Getting too many points was an emergency and needed to be fixed asap. Lag is not a priority, so you probably shouldn't expect the same prompt attention to fix it.

Edited by Exly

Getting too many points was an emergency and needed to be fixed asap. Lag is not a priority, so you probably shouldn't expect the same prompt attention to fix it.

asap? do you have any idea how long the bug hunt has been a thing?

non-ping lag is a much bigger deal than people levelling faster, at least for me.

Kills should not award conquest points if possible, if conquest points are awarded on each kill, then the botters will benefit as they can top conquest planets easily with 24/7 combat. They can now sell crafting mats from those kills and earn tons conquest points to farm premium mats weekly upon completion. This will discourage proper gameplay and encourage unfair botting behaviour. Limit conquest to quest completion and conquest objectives should be the most fair move.

Kills should not award conquest points if possible, if conquest points are awarded on each kill, then the botters will benefit as they can top conquest planets easily with 24/7 combat. They can now sell crafting mats from those kills and earn tons conquest points to farm premium mats weekly upon completion. This will discourage proper gameplay and encourage unfair botting behaviour. Limit conquest to quest completion and conquest objectives should be the most fair move.

You know they were nerfed, right?

Lag, Isn't a priority??? Do you know what Lag is?, what it does??. Your 1 of a few people on this Planet, not kidding there, that would say what you did, because most people that know what lag is, would say That IS a priority, because you can't play games right with Lag. Some things like Pvp and some Pve can be un-playable.

@Keith, I love you, but i think this is a bad thing you guys are doing with the Bug Hunt, and other good XP and Conquest stuff. I may not be a Guild person, but it's what the players want, to have fun.:cool:

Edited by MandFlurry

What they should do, is allow a ramp up in difficulty for story missions, for a significant boost in exp. The big problem right now is that the story missions are so easy they're boring. Why not kill two birds with one stone, by making the story missions difficult and rewarding, rather than an automatic win and a snoozefest.

This.

I find the complaints about "mindlessly killing random mobs exploit doesn't work anymore" disturbing. If you love the game you can just play the game. If you want faster/bigger rewards, it should require you to do more difficult content not a mindless hack & slay fest.

Lag, Isn't a priority??? Do you know what Lag is?, what it does??. Your 1 of a few people on this Planet, not kidding there, that would say what you did, because most people that know what lag is, would say That IS a priority, because you can't play games right with Lag. Some things like Pvp and some Pve can be un-playable.

@Keith, I love you, but i think this is a bad thing you guys are doing with the Bug Hunt, and other good XP and Conquest stuff. I may not be a Guild person, but it's what the players want, to have fun.:cool:

I think he was being sarcastic, not literal.

The bug hunt exp gained do not need to be fixed only the extra conquest points per kills need to be nerf! we need bug hunt during double exp to level our alts! It have always being the case.

Have you consider these might be the reasons for the nerf

Edit : it seems to me that the devs want you to lvl as intended and play the content instead of “cheesing” your way to max lvl by farming mobs.

Maybe this is an attempt to get people to actually play content instead of complaining there is not enough content in the end game.

The other reason might be more financial. ie, if people want to get to lvl 70 faster, they will buy the tokens on the CM.

The bug hunt exp gained do not need to be fixed only the extra conquest points per kills need to be nerf! we need bug hunt during double exp to level our alts! It have always being the case.

How is that NEEDED ?.

I have 32 char, 30 of those are lvl 70. NONE have leveled using the bug hunt or the other one for Rep.

There is no NEED in what you are saying, all you want is to fast track until lvl 70, either do it the "right" way or buy the CC token to do it.

I see no problem what so ever with them doing what they did, and I for one think it's a good thing they did.

Remove what they consider "exploit" play the game instead of standing in a group killing poor bugs.

Given that we are getting galactic renowned and a new expansion soon I don't see the point in this nerf right now, let people get as many level 70's and as high a gc rank as they can since come September we can get all of this gear and more without tierd command crates, if conquests are the problem temporarily increase the personal goals for the 2x xp weeks.

What's really funny about all this is level 70's that are using this method to getting rampages done are now being shunned. If they see you as a 70 then they kick you. If by chance they don't kick you, then you must put up with thinly veiled comments about you stealing xp and how much longer it takes for them to level their toon up.

I found that extremely funny, and pathetic at the same time. I'll certainly not join anymore bh groups to get rampages done....I'll go do it the old fashioned way. I have no time for whiny children and their complaints of not being able to level a toon to 70 in just mere hours.

No it is not needed, maybe you want it but it is not needed. I have never used it with all my characters. It is pretty easy to level a character without using what they are saying was an exploit.