5.10.3 update laggy?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Darth Malgus, just got Got kicked out and an error message saying my characters are unavailable for maintenance. Prior to that was in q that was getting longer started at 22 then 177 then 205. Now on Character loading screen with Blue bar at the bottom on just over half way.

As of 2:30 PM EDT, the game is stuck on the splash screen. I see the gear icon on the lower right churning away, but nothing else happens. Tried it a few times. There's also what sounds like the hum of being on a starship, what I normally hear just before the loadscreen music starts. No music this time, though. The last server I was logged into was Star Forge by the way. Unfortunately, I can't even get to the server select screen to try another.

As of 2:30 PM EDT, the game is stuck on the splash screen. I see the gear icon on the lower right churning away, but nothing else happens. Tried it a few times. There's also what sounds like the hum of being on a starship, what I normally hear just before the loadscreen music starts. No music this time, though. The last server I was logged into was Star Forge by the way. Unfortunately, I can't even get to the server select screen to try another.

I had that for about 10 mins, maybe more, then it logged in, kicked out later, stuck in a que (799) , kicked again, back in que, now it's back to the loading screen... lol, it's all fun and games :confused::eek::o

DM: After the patch I had my game client freeze 2 times (waited 5 minutes, was forced to terminate the process in the task manager). After the last freeze I am now in queue on server selection. Edited by Equeliber

Star Forge is still having massive issues. I finally got logged in after queue. Did the initial quest for new patch and was ready to head to fleet. Did personal ship transport and it just lagged out. Tried to then go to Ossus. Nothing. Game crashed shortly after that and now I'm back at 738 in queue. I don'[t understand how these patch deployments can be so massive effed up. What kind of testing goes on. We get all hyped and then they totally blow the roll-out. Disappointing as hell.

Hi. Welcome to the world of computes and networking. Our first stop on our tour is the wonderful world of "data loss" where you will see that at times data is lost when being transferred. Ideally it shouldn't happen, but alas, it does. Next stop we have "Winbloze". Here we have an Operating System found on most computer systems. And old OS that was made for the everyday user, but never really was, and has now become a bloated hunk of junk that still can't operate properly and has a 99% success rate of being the source of all computing problems. Recently it has had to take on parts of another OS base that has and always will "just work at all times" called Linux to make it more stable and actually work. On our other stops you'll find out that things just happen when they shouldn't, though it's usually because of Winbloze, and that sometimes companies don't have the best setup because of either cost, or someone insists a certain setup is good when it really isn't.

But seriously, no amount of testing can make it flawless. It never has been flawless anywhere, it just seems that way.

On Darth Malgus, as soon as the event started, lag has been all over. Mail, strongholds, area transitioning and I even got kicked out of the game and have been placed on a 432 position on a queue. Also the planetary landing transitions have reverted back to vanilla and without any planet on display. They were working fine before the event started.

So yeah, this is not isolated to Star Forge.

accepted a wz, waited 10 mins to get a loading screen, which loaded for another 10 mins and could not get out of the wz for another 10 mins. At the moment i am on a loading screen to get back to guild ship.

Server(Darth Malgus) is burning down in flames.

Edited by Kaedusz

I really hope you all get your crap together before you get to the expansion in September .. this issue today is almost as bad as launch where Bioware refused to address any issues. At least you are actually admitting the issue this time. With the reduced population I do not understand how there should ever be a waiting queue to even log in.

Was in queue after logging into the game then was not anymore.

Message pops up saying character is unavailable because of server maintenance.

Star Forge.

Was able to log in earlier when the server first came back.

Server was very laggy though.

A bunch of things took a long time to happen like opening the mailbox and travelling between planets.