5.10.3 update laggy?

...cemeteries are full of people who were right....

You want to lose money/items, go ahead.

Cemeteries are full of people who were wrong, too. Also cats, birds, babies, and ugly people. If you're going to say something like it's profound, maybe make sure it's actually profound, yeah? :p

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is disgraceful, disappointing and utterly unacceptable. I pay for this game and have for a long time. I entered into an agreement with your company for this game, which cost me money. Now you have completely failed to deliver the agreed upon product in any way. I move nonsensically back and forth in a queue; are there some sort of super-subscribers who have higher than "highest login priority"? This is an insult. I will be demanding a refund for my most recent subscription and perhaps more if this issue is not rectified soon. You should be ashamed of yourselves as professionals.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

A few updates! As you have noticed the queue and latency issue has returned on Star Forge. Also, it is starting to occur on Darth Malgus as well. We think we have isolated what is causing this issue and are working on a fix.

The change that we made where a % of XP earned is converted to conquest points is what is causing the performance issues that you are seeing. In order to address this we are going to need to revert that change later today. To account for this we are going to once again increase the Guild bonus, basically we will revert these changes from 5.10.3:

• A percentage of all experience earned is now converted into Conquest Points.
  • The multiplier for earning Conquests points in a Guild has been reduced to 2x (down from 3x).

We will need to restart all servers briefly to apply this fix and will happen in the next couple of hours once we have the fix tested and ready. I will share more details on maintenance timing once I have it.

Thanks all.

-eric

This is disgraceful, disappointing and utterly unacceptable. I pay for this game and have for a long time. I entered into an agreement with your company for this game, which cost me money. Now you have completely failed to deliver the agreed upon product in any way. I move nonsensically back and forth in a queue; are there some sort of super-subscribers who have higher than "highest login priority"? This is an insult. I will be demanding a refund for my most recent subscription and perhaps more if this issue is not rectified soon. You should be ashamed of yourselves as professionals.

...um likely won't get a refund... but gl with that.

Edited by GrumpySWTOR

Eric, can you look into Darth Malgus please. the Lag there is horrible. i was stuck in loading for 10 minutes and now the connection has dropped. Even before this the connection was extremely long.

Everyone that lost something should get it back once the issues are sorted, normally do. But if I were you i wouldn't buy anything else, etc, just to be sure. Been trying to get to dantooine for an hour...lol, between ques, blurbs (15 mins at this stage), getting kicked, maintance message, chars not on server, etc....lol. At least we still have the forum so we cn all be pals and chat:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p:D

Ashamed lmao. Have you read the TOS?

It specifically makes you agree to not hold Bioware liable.

I have in the past however, on the grounds of consumer rights as the TOS is a consumer agreement for a digital product and service, so there's that.

But I think the company attitude on these matters is clear at "not holding Bioware liable".

They don't give a damn.

Edited by sdom

This is disgraceful, disappointing and utterly unacceptable.

Nah, mate. This is patch day for a BioWare game. If you want to see how bad BioWare can get with handling games these days, go dig up some Anthem Reddit posts. If you want to see how bad TOR was in 'the good old days', go dig up the posts about the launch festivities when Rise of the Hutt Cartel went live and the servers were down sporadically for hours at a time for like 3-4 days.

Cemeteries are full of people who were wrong, too. Also cats, birds, babies, and ugly people. If you're going to say something like it's profound, maybe make sure it's actually profound, yeah? :p

Being right does not make You invulnerable, that's all. It time of increased danger better stay safe, no?

Are You really mad at me for the warning or at BW for failing to deliver?

this post right here basically describes the "Entitled Millennial attitude" in one paragraph...

Overreact much?!?

Hey folks,

A few updates! As you have noticed the queue and latency issue has returned on Star Forge. Also, it is starting to occur on Darth Malgus as well. We think we have isolated what is causing this issue and are working on a fix.

The change that we made where a % of XP earned is converted to conquest points is what is causing the performance issues that you are seeing. In order to address this we are going to need to revert that change later today. To account for this we are going to once again increase the Guild bonus, basically we will revert these changes from 5.10.3:

• The multiplier for earning Conquests points in a Guild has been reduced to 2x (down from 3x).

We will need to restart all servers briefly to apply this fix and will happen in the next couple of hours once we have the fix tested and ready. I will share more details on maintenance timing once I have it.

Thanks all.

-eric

Ty for the detailed update Eric.

Hey folks,

Thanks all.

-eric

Thanks for the update, Eric Musco. I have to ask -- is a dreaded "rollback" part of the fix?

...um likely won't get a refund... but gl with that.

You can dispute debit payments but Bioware has a policy of deleting and disabling accounts that file a chargeback dispute. It is pretty much an instant ban unless you have a very good reason so its not something to be tried without contacting consumer rights advice services and making sure you're in the right before proceeding.

Position in Queue... 342

5 mins later...

Position in Queue... 347

errrr......

5 mins later.....

Position in Queue... 354

ok....

5 mins later...

Position in Queue... 342

5 mins later...

Position in Queue... 341

Least now heading in right direction....

Are You really mad at me for the warning or at BW for failing to deliver?

I'm not mad at anything. I've ridden the TOR beast since launch on and off, and I know how shaky BioWare is with stuff during patch cycles. I do my usual routine: give it a couple of hours while I'm doing stuff during the day, and if it's not up and running by the time I actually get to sit down and have some fun, screw it. Off to play something else!

Right now, it's Surviving Mars, a pretty darn good indie hit from the Steam store that's got some really nice DLC (like embarking on a massive program using realistic technologies to make Mars habitable). Not only is the game a gem to play if you like city building/strategy/sci-fi games, but it's all tied into real (even if sometimes theoretical) technologies. Definitely worth a try.

• Dev Post
Thanks for the update, Eric Musco. I have to ask -- is a dreaded "rollback" part of the fix?

There shouldn't be any rollbacks, no. The game is still processing information properly, just sometimes a little delayed, and in chunks.

-eric

Hey folks,

Thanks all.

-eric

How can you manage to break things every update? Really this **** is getting really annoying. How about actually testing things before releasing it? I am sure you have a QA team right?

You can dispute debit payments but Bioware has a policy of deleting and disabling accounts that file a chargeback dispute. It is pretty much an instant ban unless you have a very good reason so its not something to be tried without contacting consumer rights advice services and making sure you're in the right before proceeding.

That's my point to the other guy... I think you may have been capturing the wrong quote here.