5.10.3 update laggy?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not understand how there should ever be a waiting queue to even log in.

The game has made a big turn around in the last 24 hours. it went from being on life support wavering in and out of death, to so populated of a server you are forced into a queue to log in!

I am predicting new server list next. The population is going to grow so drastically that BW will be forced to open up new servers, 30 more of them to be exact.

ON DM i logged in at 3 masterwork crystals needing one more to buy legs, traded 500 comps to the smuggler still only 3 in my currency, completed the weekly timed mission 8 medals still only 3 crystals, killed both world bosses still only 3 cystals ?

How come currency is broken too ?

Edited by Loki_

Just wanted to know... are we going to see a fix for this anytime soon? It's 1150 in the am PST and I still cant get logged into Star Forge server. Sometimes I can get to char selection screen then get kicked ... now there is a queue of 630.

People, just STOP logging in, withdrawing items , buing items etc, IT'S BROKEN and You are asking for trouble doing anything right now. Just quit and wait.

Indeed. I wish I had not been tempted by the new shiny pixels in the Cartel Market. 1000 of my CCs down the toilet.

People, just STOP logging in, withdrawing items , buing items etc, IT'S BROKEN and You are asking for trouble doing anything right now. Just quit and wait.

Yeah, heaven forbid people play the game they're paying for, especially after the devs said they fixed the issues, then the issues immediately got un-fixed and haven't heard a word from BW since. Makes sense.

I have yet to be able to even get into game.

First try: waited in que almost a half hour at que number 400-and something.

Finally quit and tried again.

Second try: was told servers were down due to maintenance. But when I looked on the server status it said all servers were up and going.

Third try: finally made it to my character screen. tried logging in, sat on a loading screen for about 10minutes before getting booted.

Fourth try: Currently in que. Started at 9, am now at 12. Been in que for about 5minutes.

Took items out of the guild bank. The log shows I withdrew them. They are not in my inventory.

I'd say don't take anything out for now - and, if you did, it'll probably show up back in the bank shortly. I bought the new swimwear outfit from the CM and the CC were deducted but the item wasn't granted - then, a minute later, the CC showed as not having been deducted. So it just looks like things seem as if they're going through, but aren't actually going through.

Recovering from some plastic surgery atm and was looking forward to relaxing with a little pastoral warfare. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude....in the past I dunno 2 or 3 hours, I've spent maybe 10 minutes on Dantooine. The rest has been in Star Forge queues. This last round of queues went something like this:

-You're 600th in queue.

-Can't access any characters on this server because of maintenance.

-Relogs

-30th in queue

-Drags mangled, bandaged up torso to kitchen for beverage. Comes back and suddenly 200-something in queue.

-Kicked out of queue altogether because maintenance yadda yadda.

-Rinse/repeat.

Hurry up! I need to focus on something other than my battered, liposucked torso.

So, I've been trying to play since 2mins after the swtor twitter post saying we can log back in.

3 hours ago roughly.

Got in at first right away, mailed my legacy gear to my main.

Then the problems start.

I lost a full 258 gear set in my mail, took half an hour to reclaim it by refusing to take "mail server operation failed" for an answer. I then started to take over 10 mins to log out and in again, despite being in the server pop for SF.

Then I travelled to Dantooine, and the game crashed completely.

Tried to log back in.

Got put in a queue of 175 people as a paying sub who plays daily (***?)

Tried to come here to complain.

Took the first OTP so long to arrive by the time it got here it was expired.

Second one arrived right away, but in the meantime I've been locked out due to maintenance.

So that was really awesome of you guys, thanks for that.

Ok folks, we are seeing improvement for the issues we were seeing on Star Forge. You should no longer be hitting a queue and the lag should be resolving. We will keep an eye out for anything else popping up!

-eric

Eric your team is an absolute shambles.

If you had any aim at all for this Dantooine update and the new expansion.

It would be simply " to get more players".

It appears you got a population influx today and couldn't handle it.

More so, you seem to think I care about your population issues or consented to wait in a queue to play a MMO.

See if your servers can't handle the amount of players you have... buy more bandwith or a better server you're two multi-million dollar companies and if you fail to deliver a timely response to this its an absolute joke 2 hours of intermittent problems is all ready too much.

Get your devs trained by the 3rd party that developed your hero engine in order to not have to rely on a third parties code to work into patches and maybe you'll be equipped to handle things that go wrong, which inevitably they will on a custom hero framework that has no open source support.

I suggest you remember the consumers on this one, because some of us don't log in to be stressed out by menial problems and denied access to our subs during RnR time.

Yeah, heaven forbid people play the game they're paying for, especially after the devs said they fixed the issues, then the issues immediately got un-fixed and haven't heard a word from BW since. Makes sense.

...cemeteries are full of people who were right....

You want to lose money/items, go ahead.

Chill, they have confirmed again on twitter

I'm on Darth Malgus and boooooooy those loading screens are absurd. I click on the airlock to my ship, then I stand there staring at the airlock for 2,5min before the game shakes its' proverbial head and then I stare at a loading screen for 2,5min before I actually get into the ship.

Seems to me like you've got some serious overdues going.

Ok folks, we are seeing improvement for the issues we were seeing on Star Forge. You should no longer be hitting a queue and the lag should be resolving. We will keep an eye out for anything else popping up!

-eric

If this is better, then I don't want to see worse. Number 789 in Queue 5 minutes ago, and now 637 in queue.

Normal for BioWare, but not good in the real world.