5.10.3 update laggy?

The change that we made where a % of XP earned is converted to conquest points is what is causing the performance issues that you are seeing. In order to address this we are going to need to revert that change later today.

Oh no. I really liked this change. :( I get that you have to do this so the game can become playable again, but I hope there can be some way to implement it in a non-game-breaking way in the future.

Edited by Estelindis

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is better, then I don't want to see worse. Number 789 in Queue 5 minutes ago, and now 637 in queue.

Normal for BioWare, but not good in the real world.

Ten minutes later and now number 544 in queue. I guess I should just pack it in for the day.

Are you all on Star Forge?

We are tracking an intermittent issue that is happening but only on that server (which can cause the queue and some intermittent lag in-game). Let me know if you are seeing issues somewhere else.

-eric

I just tried logging in after the patch and I'm 800+ in que. Also, a sub. So there still seems to be a problem.

I had a very odd bug I have never seen before. After sitting in wz queue for about 10 minutes on SS (reg queue) there was an odd delay before I changed from fleet to civil war (yes chat indicated I was in wz) then whenthe wz ended, "you have left the warzone" my toon was still sitting in civil war war unable to move. I had to close the game.

Remember guys, they delayed it one week for testing to «make sure». AWESOME JOB BIOFAIL! Why the hell I keep supporting this game really is beyond my comprehension. I suspect your are the next studio to get the hammer and you guys know it. Which is why you just keep doing meh work again and again. SWTOR, Mass Effect, Anthem...

Hey folks,

A few updates! As you have noticed the queue and latency issue has returned on Star Forge. Also, it is starting to occur on Darth Malgus as well. We think we have isolated what is causing this issue and are working on a fix.

The change that we made where a % of XP earned is converted to conquest points is what is causing the performance issues that you are seeing. In order to address this we are going to need to revert that change later today. To account for this we are going to once again increase the Guild bonus, basically we will revert these changes from 5.10.3:

• A percentage of all experience earned is now converted into Conquest Points.
  • The multiplier for earning Conquests points in a Guild has been reduced to 2x (down from 3x).

We will need to restart all servers briefly to apply this fix and will happen in the next couple of hours once we have the fix tested and ready. I will share more details on maintenance timing once I have it.

Thanks all.

-eric

I do hope you'll sort the issues and re-implement it though, 'cos I like that system.

Remember guys, they delayed it one week for testing to «make sure». AWESOME JOB BIOFAIL! Why the hell I keep supporting this game really is beyond my comprehension. I suspect your are the next studio to get the hammer and you guys know it. Which is why you just keep doing meh work again and again. SWTOR, Mass Effect, Anthem...

Testing servers are frequently coded differently than live servers, which is usually why unexpected things can pop up WITH MOST MMOs. (For emphasis, not shouting). If this were a several-day problem, I could understand the frustration, but this is more similar to your internet service being down for the afternoon because of upgrades.

Just accept it as a fact of hardware, and find another way to entertain yourselves today. This evening or tomorrow everything will be fine, and you'll still enjoy 361 days of subscription, lol.

this post right here basically describes the "Entitled Millennial attitude" in one paragraph...

Overreact much?!?

And the "entitled millennial attitude" is largely based on bantha poodoo, they're blamed for anything and everything and you using it to generalize makes you no better than the whiner you quoted. Nothing to see here, folks! Normal Swtor forum-going.

Ten minutes later and now number 544 in queue. I guess I should just pack it in for the day.

Also when you get in be prepared to wait 20 minutes to zone :p Been waitng that long for a guildie since they alt-tabbed to check a message :p

How can you manage to break things every update? Really this **** is getting really annoying. How about actually testing things before releasing it? I am sure you have a QA team right?

If the problem is actually in what they suspect it is, it is due to the number of people doing it at a singular point, I suspect it overloaded the servers. Hard to stress test actual people playing

Hey folks,

The change that we made where a % of XP earned is converted to conquest points is what is causing the performance issues that you are seeing. In order to address this we are going to need to revert that change later today. To account for this we are going to once again increase the Guild bonus, basically we will revert these changes from 5.10.3:

• The multiplier for earning Conquests points in a Guild has been reduced to 2x (down from 3x).

-eric

This basically equates to "the new algorithm we had ended up being too heavy for the server to continually process, AKA no one focused on minimising or compressing the script, and it was never simulated properly, because its pretty simple to identify what processes are using a larger amount of resources."

"As such we crippled the game, and as an apology we can confirm we have fired Daniel from the development department, who had this bright idea but couldn't roll it out correctly,"

"We appreciate you taking this as you always do, and you will not be compensated. What we will do, is take away even more of your access to the game to fix this one isolated issue, which garuntees nothing for future updates and solves nothing in the bigger picture"

Some Man :d_rolls_eyes:

Hey folks,

A few updates! As you have noticed the queue and latency issue has returned on Star Forge. Also, it is starting to occur on Darth Malgus as well. We think we have isolated what is causing this issue and are working on a fix.

We will need to restart all servers briefly to apply this fix and will happen in the next couple of hours once we have the fix tested and ready. I will share more details on maintenance timing once I have it.

Thanks all.

-eric

I'm glad you were able to find the problem! Hope it gets resolved as soon as possible! :)

Oh thank god! Subscription renews today, but luckily I hit cancel subscription before that. Maybe next time this fall Biofail, but we both know how that'll turn out.

That's what I usually tend to do. Sub for a month or two, play up the next storyline content and get my fill of other stuff, then when my interest wanes, cancel for six or eight months before coming back and playing the next chunk. $15 a month doesn't seem like a lot, but that's more than enough money to take up an actual, useful hobby like woodworking or fishing. $15 is even a couple of boxes of ammo for a range day or some seeds or bulbs to get your garden going, depending on your tastes.

And who doesn't love sitting outside in the sunshine with a glass of something nice and cold, listening to the birds while enjoying the fruits of a day well spent?

Or you can be inside, getting hacked off about BioWare shenaniganery.

• Dev Post
Hey folks,

Thanks all.

-eric

Oh! One thing I did not make clear in my post that I want to call out. This removal is only temporary. We really like everyone to be able to earn conquest points via XP from this change, we just need to resolve the performance issues. It is our intent that this will be put back in in a future update.

-eric

Testing servers are frequently coded differently than live servers, which is usually why unexpected things can pop up WITH MOST MMOs. (For emphasis, not shouting). If this were a several-day problem, I could understand the frustration, but this is more similar to your internet service being down for the afternoon because of upgrades.

Just accept it as a fact of hardware, and find another way to entertain yourselves today. This evening or tomorrow everything will be fine, and you'll still enjoy 361 days of subscription, lol.

Yes unexpected things can happen on live server in any mmo but not on every *********** patch. They break the game even they dont even add a major thing or when they dont even make any changes. Occasionally having issues is acceptable but having issues everytime is not. They have to learn how to test things. And dont forget they took one more week to ensure they deliver a quality product. LMAO

Oh! One thing I did not make clear in my post that I want to call out. This removal is only temporary. We really like everyone to be able to earn conquest points via XP from this change, we just need to resolve the performance issues. It is our intent that this will be put back in in a future update.

-eric

For once you made a good change for those that don't have a large guild to gain Conquest points.

a few hours later you remove it again and we are back at GO.

Future update, you know we heard that one before!