Please remove premades from reg pvp

RaithHarth

Let’s get real here for just a second. I’m going to assume you missed the multiple many-hundred-pages threads on this subject that were previously NOT acted upon:

There were hundreds of thousands of threads about cross-faction and matchmaking and for long they were not acted upon... until they were. Besides, I don't see the point in dissuading everyone from talking about the idea or arguing about it unless you feared it might actually happen. If it will never happen anyway, what is your purpose in responding about it?

Edited by Rafiknoll

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were hundreds of thousands of threads about cross-faction and matchmaking and for long they were not acted upon... until they were.

And did those help you win? No. Cross-faction was a population deficit response and matchmaking is lololololololol The only thing they did for matchmaking was make it to where you can't queue two healers or tanks in the same grp.

Still tho, this will not change. It's time for you to move on (or not, because forum PvP is nearly as fun as in game PvP).

Edited by Wimbleton

And did those help you win? No. Cross-faction was a population deficit response and matchmaking is lololololololol The only thing they did for matchmaking was make it to where you can't queue two healers or tanks in the same grp.

Still tho, this will not change. It's time for you to move on (or not, because forum PvP is nearly as fun as in game PvP).

This whole "help you win" thing you have going on is pretty pathetic you know that? Again, you have no argument. You're literally just trolling. At this point I think I'm going to just start reporting your posts.

Wait... did you sell your account or something? Or are you going to pretend you didn't queue with Doc (on sin tank) and you as Op healer +1-2 DPS for literally all of 4.0 and most of 5.0 until you got farmed out? Quick, delete the VODs.

Except you never did/do.

There is no NA ranked, you have to set up kick ball matches or get the occasional mat farmer. Or possibly watch for a mediocre team pouncing mat farmers and pounce them. Asking people to competitively queue against 50 ping with 300 ping on DM isn't really reasonable.

Exactly, grouping with 1-3 other friends and PvPing is fun, you're right, glad we agree.

You need your eyes checked. Accusing me of hardcore trinity is so cute. I have never gotten on everyday to set up trinity in regs, ever since I started playing ranked. I get on and people join me on whatever they want to play majority of the time it’s literally duo on off classes. So please don’t give me that ****. For all who know me they would know I strictly prefer no tank because everyone in regs is trash. Everytime I do get guard it’s from randoms.

Teams on NA happen on Friday and the weekend for just queuing up. Every other time, how it’s always been is you ask the people who play teams to make a team. That how it’s ALWAYS been.

queuing trinity in regs is residentsleeper ; only excitement in this game is team ranked

You're assuming I'm not having fun? If I'm bored I log out, 100% of the time. So your argument tried to land its plane on the side of a mountain.

Secondly, unless I'm solo queueing,I almost always queue with 1 or 2 other people (very rarely a full grp). We rarely talk in voice about the match/game and often don't even use voice. Is that ok? Can I be accepted now? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE

I didn't assume anything. I was asking questions. You are the one that tries to argue that it is `mad cuz bad´ and a `play with friends´ issue :).

Have you ever played Rep on Dark Malgus before the cross faction changes to see 4/5 matches against premades of tryhard Imps :) and mostly good+ vs. more average players. Was a slaughter house and mostly Imps played against Imps. Rep side was depopulated in terms of PvP because of it.

I do not really care if you, specifically, have fun tbh :) there are 16 players in a Warzone all of which pay just as much to play the game. All of which are just as crucial for the game in general and for the specific PvP happening.

So this is the full version

Premades (Trinity) in a PUG WZ can have a bad effect on alot of other players (12 out of 16) unless there are 2 premades. Then you try frame it to `mad cuz bad´ or `play with your friends yourself´. But the problem is that when a full premade is in a PUG wz (not competetive Ranked) it can easily end in a complete /facestomp with some or 50% of opposing team leaving.

Secondly the lack of splitting Healer + Tanks in a premade often result in a match with Tank + Healer vs. maybe 1 Tank or 1 Healer, which stack the deck even more in favor of the premades.

Back at launch the situation was more or less reversed. If you ended up vs. 2 good premades it was close to impossible to carry 4 casuals, or even good players, if you couldn't communicate. Now the regular pug WZs are filled with all sorts of players doing mostly solo que and the premades (not all) happens to ruin the fun for alot of other people - and that is it. Adding more premades just ruins it even more, as they are rarely premade vs. premade due to population/matchmaking issues.

It might not change, but that is about the only thing you said I agree with :). I am genuinely concerned with the overall PvP situation and especially the perspective of New and more Casual Players.

Where are THEY supposed to PvP? those who solo que for the challenge (are often really good individual players who also enjoy solo ranked) and they know the risk.

Considering Class Balance issues, Match Making imbalance with 2 or 1 healer vs. 1 or 0. Long nights of playing PvP against premades, THEY have no real chance of ever getting into, and then gear and optimization. Yeah even knowing your own class and avoiding Death at the hands of ultra bursty CC-chaining tryhards :).

I completely understand why alot of people shy away from PvP in swtor or struggle alot to enjoy it. Premade or not is not going to change everything, but is part of a larger problem (summed above). That is my 2 cents.

NB! I am not saying individual people doing premades are a problem, because it is perfectly reasonable to want to play with friends etc. but it can be very problematic as outlined.

Edited by Mannok

Where are THEY supposed to PvP?

you are expected to a) do your own wz in rishi sh, b) solo queue ranked, c) make some friends in a MMO (weird right?) d) do duels (requires friends I guess) or e) none of the above, MMOs are not for you.

honestly it comes down to a single concept: This is not a solo game. The solo content/lean killed this game and dug it's grave in 4.0. You are expected to make friends, play together, do events together. Or don't play a game who's sole focus is to bring multiple likeminded people together in a social environment. There is a genre for what you are looking for, it's called "single player rpg" not "MMO".

There are tons of "pvp" games that support solo queue... just not MMO genre.

Edited by Seterade

you are expected to a) do your own wz in rishi sh, b) solo queue ranked, c) make some friends in a MMO (weird right?) d) do duels (requires friends I guess) or e) none of the above, MMOs are not for you.

honestly it comes down to a single concept: This is not a solo game. The solo content/lean killed this game and dug it's grave in 4.0. You are expected to make friends, play together, do events together. Or don't play a game who's sole focus is to bring multiple likeminded people together in a social environment. There is a genre for what you are looking for, it's called "single player rpg" not "MMO".

There are tons of "pvp" games that support solo queue... just not MMO genre.

Yeah I understand that :) but this has been debated alot. Ever wondered why players in WoW are not forced to play in a Group alot? It might be that most players actually enjoy playing solo (for varies reasons that are very well documented and if you know the development of WoW historically - you know this to be true).

The following example might serve as a way to show how really pathetic I find people, that need to defend their `Rights´ to /facestomp casuals in Regz with arguments like the above.

Imagine you personally were forced into playing Group Ranked only right now. All matches are now against the top 10%, because they are by a very large margin the absolutely most active players. The top 10% play as much as the rest of the community combined. So you are now facing THEM more than 75% of the time. You then lose 9/10 matches (atleast) and go forums saying: These premades are a problem... etc.

And I would come here being among these top 10% guys saying `Mad Cuz Bad´. Because let us face it.. alot of people make premades to avoid being destroyed even vs. `Pugs´ in PvP :) so.

And at last a final anecdote :).

I remember the cross-faction changes to be so funny. I played Rep side on Darth Malgus for a few years now and had come used to carrying multiple `casual´ players (or outright `bad´ players) in Reg WZs and losing the majority of matches. When the Cross Faction happened.. Alot of Imp players (all Imp streamers I know of whined about teams with multiple healers - aka. Imp healers) and generally whined their azzes off.. Because, now they faced equal teams and they were suddenly the ones, who were expected to carry the `casuals´, and got obliterated in Reg WZs far more than usual.

So the same people now make premades to have any sort of advantage and tell others `mad cuz bad´ and honesty :) I laugh my azz off. Go play Group Ranked "only" for a month --> get /facestomped and then come back and say `mad cuz bad´, `L2P´, `play with friends´, just develop `people skills´ and all of that.

Summary.

In short I find all comments like the above to be a vague excuse for feeling superior to others - nothing else and I detest it. Alot of players get high on winning in PvP, but they do not "know" why they are winning and due to lack of cognitive ability attribute most of the wins to themselves. But.. 50%+ matches are predetermined by unbalanced Healing/Tanking alone. Then add the premade factor - of a better composition (META classes) and the Premade Factor - ensure the Skill level of atleast 50% of an otherwise pug team and lastly the premade factor of a higher level of communication. And you got yourself 90% winrate.

All in all these "comments" are just a way for the "ego" to defend itself against obtaining the knowledge of oneself being quite inferior...

Because anyone I have ever known or played with at top tier PvP in any game has the exact same or close to the same attitude as Kissing. Which is why she has my outmost respect.

NB! And this reply is not an accusation towards you personally Seterade (sorry). Alot of negative comments are made on false premises outlined above, toward quite ordinary people like you and me. People just trying to enjoy PvP in a game they love and have payed perhaps a 100 or 500 dollars for in total.

Edited by Mannok

I came to this game on bastion. back then we learned pvp by leveling in wzs. there were no "60" tokens.

by learning that way I learned how to carry casuals while at the same time rising to granked status of ability. the number one thing Iv found in regs is only like 4 people are trying to objective win. it comes down to which team has the better 2 players.

I will group with buds sometimes, but only for their company, their ability to "stomp" is meh, cuz in the ranked community most of them just farm. usually I solo queue regs, and have pulled wins out of my a*s which are disgusting.

other day on my mando I enter a losing OPG 43/236 round 3. short story without highlights, we won.

but.... when I ask for buffs, or nerfs, or new game concepts I need to keep several things in mind because I know that they are things the devs think. first and foremost question, will the good outweigh the bad? how much more revenue will this pull? will this bring new players? is this losing revenue if we change it?

the answer to those question in this topic are (imo of course, I am no dev) no, the good does not outweigh the bad, this will only benefit a very small community of solo players while destroying the game for all the casuals who enjoy making friends. 2) people will leave, and you wont gain new players. why? because this change would only affect all the old time players who are tired of the current system, meanwhile whole guilds will leave/unsub/stop buying cc. 3) no, it wont bring new players, it only "fixs" solo queue for current player (see previous answer) and 4) the amount of revenue they will lose from cc/sub sales from all the players who will leave just cant justify this action.

these are why I believe this game will never see a pure solo reg queue.

Edited by Seterade

Seterade I completely respect your point of view m8, much /Love.

I do think this needs to be thought about very carefully. Atleast what you wrote serves as a warning to what could happen from your point of view and the dev. team want to act on best available knowledge (if they act at all). Which is the whole point of even discussing it.

Cheers.

Edited by Mannok

as I read through this topic, the same opinion (an incorrect one) keeps popping up.

"All premades are highly skilled."

now I understand why people think this, I believe it is because if you are going to have a premade etched into your mind/see them all the time, they likely did an awesome job. in either dps or objectives.

but what you guys dont get is how many players queue for regs together and dont know "priming shot/tracer missile/heatseeker" from "blazing bolts/rocket blast/sweeping blasters". and let me tell in case you are confused as it seems, the premades who "stomp" are the top 10%. everyone else premades too, they just dont "stomp". you will ruin this games pvp for them just so you can shut down the "leet" players.

these are things you need to consider before you instill a massive change in a multiplayer game, you cant be so shortsighted that you only see what beats you, or has a "dramatic" effect on the warzone.

Edited by Seterade

Hey its 2018..almost 2019. NO ONE CARES!

Words from the best pvp dps player i ever saw in the game, he was known for playing Marauder. " if you get good in regs you will be good in SR if you are good in Regs and SR you will be good in TR, just take your time to adapt to different game modes, fundamentally all game modes are the same, its just pvp" he told me this when i started to do pvp.

What i found out during this time, is that usually the best people i saw playing regs are the same people that are the best playing solo ranked and the best people playing team ranked.

Tho i know people who just dont like regs, they just dont like that pvp game mode that kills dont matter as much,or where they feels that thres not as much competition. tho when they play it , they might not go click the thingy or sap the guy, but they play well. They tend to not like huttball tho lol..tho imagine they like solo ranked that its basically a surviving contest and they dont like to get the ball, advice to everyone that never played solo ranked...get some huttballs and survive or help the guy with the ball to survive..you might get better in solo ranked. Then theres also what i call the mongos tho they are everywhere..usually they just dont talk whenever you try to have a conversation in solo ranked or in regs..or when they talk they only say ****.... this is almost everyone in this game.

As for premades i never saw any problem to play against premades or in premades. tbh in regs i think i had more fun playing solo against premades...but regs back in the day were a place were PUGs could beat premades and average Dps players did 3k+ dps...and average healers did 6k+ hps...and at least in my server had a good mix of tryharding in regs and good dps/heal/tank farming. Tbh most people played objectives in regs while doing decent dps/hps and so on.

Never though regs would become the **** show it is this days, but Sr its a **** show as well...TR might be safer to play since you can choose the people you play with, and since with this matfarming incentive its ALIVE some people OK at it feel entitled to call it the "ultimate game" mode, in the past 1/2 teams would farm everyone trying it and.....the entitled people, would call it irrelevant i guess. i didnt play it in the past because i dont use a mic or mostly because im trash lol but from friends who did..they always had the same problem..finding people willing to play TR..because after a dozen losses the same people that now advocate this ultimate game mode and maybe even have nice ratings, just stoped playing it. Tho this was a great change so people play TR, imo.

This game was and is full of snowflakes that always think their opinion its what matter and nothing else, and that they should play the game whatever they feel like...i myself always though the game should be played to Win no matter what. its fun to win but its also fun to loose if you try to win.

As for premades and since last time i checked this is still an MMO, in my opinion regs should have more premades! not less! since from years of experience and years of seing this game degradating, one of the biggest reasons of regs being the **** show they are now is because of the lack of guilds and interaction between players and also the lack of players that leads to the lack of premades as well, lack of premades its worst for solo or new players than a lot of premades in the game.

As many people here pointed out already, many multiplayer games these days realize that letting premade go vs pugs is a bad idea. Even SWTOR realized that about ranked from the start, (solo queuers in ranked will never be matched with a premade. It even got a separate rating).

So stop and think about it for a moment: why does it make sense to everyone that 4 pugs shouldn't face a premade in ranked (because of the obvious coordination boost), even when it is possible all 4 pugs will be good and the premade will sometimes be talentless mat farmers? Why does nobody argue? because we all realize that the fact the best premade is by far greater than the best pug is what counts (even if in reality most premades are mediocre or less).

So why doesn't anybody take the same logic to at least reg arenas, which are just like ranked arenas but with no rating?

The one and only still barely viable answer is: because in regs victory shouldn't matter, so it is fair to enable obvious advantages. Premades are solely for "fun" and "fun" doesn't require winning, so there is no problem at all with the fact that the good premade will have victory in 99% of the cases, which essentially means that in every match, about 10-12 players will have to have "fun" while being stomped (Yes, I said more than 8 because of the obvious ragequitting and backfilling that is bound to happen in such cases), being probably unable to kill anyone in mass combat while getting rapidly killed and eventually having half or more of the team afk on the one node that the premade left for them, or getting spawn-killed one by one in worse cases.

Because this is what some here fail to understand: a match CAN be fun when losing (for those mentally older than 5) if and only if for at least the majority of the duration it is somewhat competitive. Nobody has even the slightest fun while getting stomped (and those of us mature enough to not enjoy easy "victory" also don't at all enjoy stomping). I know that not all premades instantly cause the match to become a non-competitive stomp (just like in ranked, most don't, and wouldn't even if they were faced with solo queuers), but the fact it enables some people (who obviously are still young enough to enjoy stomping people without any resistance again and again, and I don't understand why don't they just go play SWTFU on easy mode to increase the scale of the stomping) to stomp without a chance for competition, was enough reason to completely separate premades from solo in ranked (because it enables some premades to rob the other side of the chance of victory, which is ranked's goal) and should be enough reason to at least take these less drastic steps in regs such as splitting them when there is no other way, because it enables some premades to rob the other side of the chance of having any fun, which is the goal of regs (if not victory).

And repeating things that were already said and responded to doesn't make them right again:

"This is a multiplayer game. Focusing on solo content killed it" - yes, but solo queuing is still considered group content because eventually, you play with a group. It is even called a "group finder" in case you forgot. It is irrational to make any connection between actual solo content (=content without the need to interact with any other player) and solo queuing. Solo queuing for PVP, GSF, flashpoints or ops is fully considered group content.

"Find some friends and go premade" - Several times several people gave several reasons why they aren't able to do it every given time or why they don't want to. Examples are: I queue for multiple things; I have short unexpected time windows to queue one or two matches and looking for a group would consume half my time already; I hate non-competitive matches and if I go premade I stomp.

Whenever you say either of these, even if you say it again after it has been answered, it doesn't make it right again and we shouldn't go in eternal circles answering the same answers to the same arguments every single time. Progress please!

I will ignore the "make you win" because every reader of this thread already sees it for the repetitive nonesense that it is. Just look at something funny how your logic works:

The first paragraph says "the changes that I said will never happen did happen, but they didn't help you". The "it didn't help you" part is another subject to be argued, but it irrelevant here.

Now you go to the second paragraph supposedly coming to come to a "conclusion" or an "effect" to the "proof" or "cause" from the first one and say "this change will never happen". Waiiiit, didn't we just admit that the last thing you said will never happen did happen? You didn't support yourself, you countered yourself.

I will help you. The logical thing you should have said to counter me in the second paragraph would be: "Just as matchmaking didn't help you win, this will not help you win". It would at least make sense with a connection to your first paragraph as support. And if my name was WimbletonTwo, my answer would then be "maybe not, but it will definitely help you lose".

But since you did said "it will never happen", the second part of my post which you so wittingly deleted from the quote and didn't regard at all still stands: why do YOU bother discussing it? I do it because I ask for a change in the current situation. You enjoy the current situation and think it will never change, what do you fight for?

Edited by Rafiknoll

Your missing the point. Even though matchmaking didn’t really help anything, it also didn’t hurt anything. Cross faction only helped the queues (be more consistent for low pop faction). Removing premade a would completely ruin the queue, for premades and non premades. The vast majority of premades are two or three people who are friends or guild mates, not a team of 4 skilled players with a trinity comp. and from my experience, the vast majority of 4 mans also do not include a tank. And for the skilled players in premade, it doesn’t matter what the comp is. Regardless, this is how those people choose to play. A separate queue would be fine if the population could handle it, since the people capable of making friends are more likely to play with friends regardless of how the queue groups them. But that game does not exist. Even if there was a second queue it would have been long ago combined to help queue pops just like the creation of cross faction shows us.

Since you are slow, here’s my 3 points:

1: it won’t change, this entire argument is misinformed.

2: you act like every premade is a skilled 4-man, actually you’re just horrible and you’re looking outward for the reason you get workt.

3: mmorpg might not be for you, maybe try msporpg. Oh wait, doesn’t exist. Yikes!

Edited by Wimbleton

Your missing the point. Even though matchmaking didn’t really help anything, it also didn’t hurt anything. Cross faction only helped the queues (be more consistent for low pop faction). Removing premade a would completely ruin the queue, for premades and non premades. The vast majority of premades are two or three people who are friends or guild mates, not a team of 4 skilled players with a trinity comp. and from my experience, the vast majority of 4 mans also do not include a tank. And for the skilled players in premade, it doesn’t matter what the comp is. Regardless, this is how those people choose to play. A separate queue would be fine if the population could handle it, since the people capable of making friends are more likely to play with friends regardless of how the queue groups them. But that game does not exist. Even if there was a second queue it would have been long ago combined to help queue pops just like the creation of cross faction shows us.

Everything you said up to here is right. Truly this is enough reason NOT to separate premades from the solo queue or removing premades. But nobody asks for it here. Read again: people ask for making premades always face other premades or the second half of themselves if no other premade is available. It doesn't anyhow split the population or increase the pop times because there is still only one queue.

I think you mean the word "misinformed" in some other way that it is usually meant. Regardless you STILL didn't answer why do you bother arguing if it anyway never happens...

2: you act like every premade is a skilled 4-man, actually you’re just horrible and you’re looking outward for the reason you get workt.

First of all, you clearly didn't read my other post (#88), or you would know I specifically addressed that misunderstanding.

Second of all: No, you are horrible and can't stand the thought of not having your own voicechatting premade to back you up because you would never dare show your face in the solo queue attempting to win. When you do queue solo and lose you excuse it with "I have won so much that I didn't care about winning this time. I just farmed damage" (remember saying that?)... is what I would say if I was childish and illogical enough to assume things about the winrate and skill of people I have never met. My solo queue win rate is above 80%. You clearly zealously don't believe it. Move along and stop making these assumptions. They make you look stupid, and I am not the only one reminding you that. [Yes, you will probably see this black text only when you quote me for "hypocracy". Funny, right?]

3: mmorpg might not be for you, maybe try msporpg. Oh wait, doesn’t exist. Yikes!

Again, you didn't read post #88: solo queuing into PVP group content is by all means GROUP content. Solo content is only content which you complete without having to interact and cooperate with any player.

Removing premade a would completely ruin the queue, for premades and non premades. The vast majority of premades are two or three people who are friends or guild mates, not a team of 4 skilled players with a trinity comp. and from my experience, the vast majority of 4 mans also do not include a tank. And for the skilled players in premade, it doesn’t matter what the comp is. Regardless, this is how those people choose to play. A separate queue would be fine if the population could handle it, since the people capable of making friends are more likely to play with friends regardless of how the queue groups them. But that game does not exist. Even if there was a second queue it would have been long ago combined to help queue pops just like the creation of cross faction shows us.

And? I stack all the time in overwatch and the wait time is 10-15 minutes for the competitive queue sometimes. It comes with the territory and is completely understandable because when the queue does open up and it throws us against two 3 stacks or an all pug team its a free win every single time.

Yes, regs are unranked, but its still not fun for players on the receiving end to be farmed by a premade. swtor's pvp pop may be low, but it isn't THAT low. I still see multiple premades every night and I run into different people every match. There's more than enough players to ensure premade groups are on both teams.

And? I stack all the time in overwatch and the wait time is 10-15 minutes for the competitive queue sometimes. It comes with the territory and is completely understandable because when the queue does open up and it throws us against two 3 stacks or an all pug team its a free win every single time.

Yes, regs are unranked, but its still not fun for players on the receiving end to be farmed by a premade. swtor's pvp pop may be low, but it isn't THAT low. I still see multiple premades every night and I run into different people every match. There's more than enough players to ensure premade groups are on both teams.

Not to mention that since people like to say "This is an MMO" so many times, then in MMOs the focus isn't solely on PVP and you aren't technically supposed to stand idle on the fleet between matches but play some other content. So if a game like overwatch can afford queue times despite having (as far as I know) almost nothing fun to do when not in a match, this game should be able to afford the same length of a queue if not twice the length, because players are supposed to do something else while waiting.

And anyway all that is relevant only if they do not let premades get split. If they do, no harm will come to queue times anyway.

Edited by Rafiknoll

Your missing the point. 1) Even though matchmaking didn’t really help anything, it also didn’t hurt anything. 2) Cross faction only helped the queues (be more consistent for low pop faction). 3) Removing premade a would completely ruin the queue, for premades and non premades. 4) The vast majority of premades are two or three people who are friends or guild mates, not a team of 4 skilled players with a trinity comp. and from my experience, the vast majority of 4 mans also do not include a tank. 5) And for the skilled players in premade, it doesn’t matter what the comp is. Regardless, this is how those people choose to play. 6) A separate queue would be fine if the population could handle it, 7) since the people capable of making friends are more likely to play with friends regardless of how the queue groups them. But that game does not exist. 8) Even if there was a second queue it would have been long ago combined to help queue pops just like the creation of cross faction shows us.

Just a Quick reply. :)

1) Not true. Match Making helped alot for Rep players on Darth Malgus. PvP here was a huge Slaughter House of alot of really good Imps PvPs, lots of premades and often Trinity comps with teams having 1-3 healers - all day long.

2) Not true. Cross Faction helped solved the issue above as well.

3) Erm.. okay. Maybe partly true if it wasn't exaggerated so much.

4) Partly true, but is counter argued by 5) which then proves the point that `high Skill´ premades are way too strong for reg WZs as they can win no matter the composition?

6) This counter argues all your own arguments as it implies premades are a problem? - but you then dismiss it with a population issue.

7) This is properly the only valid argument made, but Refer to 4, 5 and 6..

8) The population argument, which might be the only valid one.

Last 3 points are just insults, so I will leave it at that.

Edited by Mannok

That's the solo side of the problem, why do you give up in advance on trying to win when queuing solo?

I've tracked all my matches since 5.9.2 trying to figure out matchmaking and actually have a win rate of around 70% solo...while I won't play objectives I will target healers, other good DPS, and ball carriers. Unsurprisingly, it tends to really help those that are playing objectives when the enemy healer is perma-dead. So saying I don't care about winning may be a misnomer since I still win way more than I lose, it's just the losses don't bother me.

At the end of the day solo I care about my DPS, K/D ratio, and one-on-one'ing players I consider to be good. These are things I can control, I can't control, for example, 6 of 8 of my team going to our uncontested node at the start of AH and not only giving up mid for free but allowing the enemy team to entrench. I could beg, plead, and/or rage in /ops at the stupidity but I've gotten to the point where I just don't care, bads gonna bad.

I mean if winning was the one and only factor I'd just hop on my Sorc healer, gather up a team of guildies/friends, and lol my way to an undefeated evening.

I don't consider premades a problem because anyone can premade. Premades are certainly an advantage but it's not my fault if you choose not to take advantage, I certainly don't begrudge premades when I choose to solo queue. These threads from my perspective are basically "I lost BW needs to adjust things in my favor so I can win" rather than "I lost what can I do to help myself win."

I've tracked all my matches since 5.9.2 trying to figure out matchmaking and actually have a win rate of around 70% solo...while I won't play objectives I will target healers, other good DPS, and ball carriers. Unsurprisingly, it tends to really help those that are playing objectives when the enemy healer is perma-dead. So saying I don't care about winning may be a misnomer since I still win way more than I lose, it's just the losses don't bother me.

In that case, I misunderstood you. If you not caring about objectives still involves targeting priority targets such as ball carriers (and I assume people who perform caps in front of you are included as well), then if all DPS farmers were like you the game would already be in much better shape. Only 2-3 players per group need to actively be doing things "more" objective such as carrying the ball and sap-capping anyway.

As for the rest of your post, everything is either a thing I agree with or a thing that was said before by someone else and I already said my counterargument for it. For the sake of not entering another conversation loop, I will not repeat those.

It's all about dem big ol' critties, killing blows and objective points 👍🏻

no no, you are doing it wrong, killing blows drops your dps. if you dont pull 4k a wz you obviously need to uninstall and possibly find "different" beverages to consume (renactment of a ranked player, one I know personaly whispers people he thinks he is better than.)

Again, you didn't read post #88: solo queuing into PVP group content is by all means GROUP content. Solo content is only content which you complete without having to interact and cooperate with any player.

just pointing out, this is a contradiction. without having to interact and cooperate with any player is not pvp.

Edited by Seterade

just pointing out, this is a contradiction. without having to interact and cooperate with any player is not pvp.

I think you didn't read post 88 either. That's exactly my point. I am saying that calling solo queue solo content is a mistake.

I think it can also be understood by this sentence you quoted? "solo queuing into PVP group content is by all means GROUP content." ;)

Edited by Rafiknoll