Masterwork Gear Changes in 5.10

EricMusco

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

merovejec to say it politetly are you F kidding me?

To bring you up to date till a month ago I played the game for 3x 4 hours per week, which is 12 hours weekly, since my wife hates swtor and doesnt let me play more :eek: I could only play after 10 pm when kids went to bed :rolleyes:

Now, my family moved away so i play around 6-8 hours per day, that is true, but as you said, my achievements have been at 100% WAY before this. It was due to me focusing only achievements. Anyone can get to 100% with enough focus on it. However, when 5.10 comes I will join my family again and will again play very little so I wont have the time to grind the gear either. However, I am fine with that, there is enough time till 6.0 and you can take your time playing through Ossus till then.

Edited by merovejec

I already answered this absurd argument, again most recently:

Quoted myself because I'm tired of typing the same reply to the same argument from different peoole several hundred times. If Musco thinks people are just dying because they just can't swtor without another futless grind, he is even duller than I thought. If i wanted massive grindfests, I'd go to WoW where the levelling grind proved too boring for me.

What has made swtor good for a long time now is that it deviated away from the absurd grindfest model.

I could not agree more!!! The grind is NOT a necessity...it's not an activity...it's a frustration.

You want to know?

Like you care??

???

Well, my "thoughts" are overflowing with ...

joy...

once again (darkside kind, of course)

and maybe I'll pour it full someday,

but for now I'll jump directly to the conclusion:

If the end of march next year will not find me having at least one full top tier set,

the equivalent of at least one of the 16+ sets I had earned and will lose without any reason or guilt,

except that I still play this game a few hours every day,

I'll finally say forever and ever

"Farewell Bioware!".

So my sincere request is this:

please make it harder to gear up than last time, not easier!

Edited by Marmeladix

Hey folks,

Keep the feedback and questions coming. I am passing the feedback onto the team and working on getting your questions answered. I will pass on details as I have them.

Thanks.

-eric

Can we get an answer on what all of the rotating weekly missions will be, and if there will be a GSF mission in the rotation?

Hey folks,

Keep the feedback and questions coming. I am passing the feedback onto the team and working on getting your questions answered. I will pass on details as I have them.

Thanks.

-eric

I hope it's not another kek fuel yellow post. I suggest you read all the pages carefully and pay a visit to Reddit too. No one in their right mind wants to grind content that he doesn't like to get geared in 2 months...on one toon. Despite what you think you will achieve with the new gear, the most likely outcome will be, as history has shown, to lose subs. Fix your damn mess and let us keep on with our lives and our game.

Conclusion: You only need the 252 device to get to the 258 ... and that's just because the PvPer can not even be a bit flexible ....Instead of being satisfied with a Bolster of 252, they complain.

*sarcastic* 👍

I though bolster was only going to be to 248? Did this change and I missed it?

Hey folks,

Thanks.

-eric

2 things bother me about the whole system.

1. The excessive grind, which has been commented on many times, will drive people away, as the initial implementation (also excessively grindy) of GC did. This made a lot of people quit last time round and it will do the same again. Why is this a good thing?

2. The system is far too convoluted. Remember when you dropped tokens and PVP commendations "to simplify gearing". Does anyone want to describe this new system as simple?

As has been discussed previously, the main problems will be in the PVP side of the game, as the slow gearing has a much larger effect here. Just turn the bolster up to 258 (or at least a new "256" which is marginally weaker than 258) already, so that PVP dfoesn't become even more unbalanced than it alreafdy is...

What I am most concerned about is the fact that Enhancements are apparently bound to each gear slot. This means that everybody is pretty much forced to gear one specific way; no possibility to play around with Augments to better reach the thresholds and caps that theorycrafting suggests are best. Even more worrying is how this will affect PvPers. The fact that dps is forced to use Accuracy Enhancements; especially for classes such as Operatives and Sorcerers that consists of almost 100% yellow damage, where accuracy has absolutely zero effect...

Hey folks,

Thanks.

-eric

Here's my feedback...

This gear is needed MOST by the bulk of your players Eric - not the top 1% already. The people you're pretending this is meant for are the least concerned with getting it.

I will add/reiterate some of the questions that immediately popped up in my head after reading the post - and apparently some other people had the same ones :)

- Will there be a way to get 258 main hand / off hand? I won't mind if it needs completely maxed out reputation up to Legendary and/or more Masterwork data crystals than other items, so the NiM GftM players will have an advantage in getting those from ops. But I would like to see a way for more casual players to get it - it would certainly help us in progressing on HM Revan and starting NiM opses (the easier ones, not GftM)

- Will the World Bosses be instanced or will they have reasonably short respawn (2-3 min)? I am in a medium/large social guild, that has usualy about 20 ppl online during evening - but often there are people that play only a few days a week. We would like to organize a WB run on Ossus each day once or twice (depending on how many are interested), so people can get this mission done easily, with group of people they know. In the traditional guildies help guildies way. However I am sure that there will be many guilds like us doing the same at the prime time, and we certainly don't want to form a full ops group to find out the bosses already dead, or having them stolen from us by some other guild. It would lead to very toxic behaviour, insults in chat, drama etc. However if the respawn is short, people will be more likely to wait in a sort of queue, because they could wait a few minutes for the other group to make their kill - hell we could even help them to make it faster - and then wait a short time for respawn.

- Is there a possibility to have the rotaing weekly mission to contain both pvp and pve objective, and whichever gets completed first would finish the mission and grant crystal? I think this would please both pure PvP and pure PvE players, and those that do both would have the advantage that they can choose which activity they want to do - while everyone would get the same reward of 1 MDC in the end.

- Will there be a possibility to buy 258 mods/enhancements, especially those that are not part of gear sold by vendor (like Warding A, Warding B, Lethal A, Lethal B, Vigilant, Steadfast)? Like for 1 MWC each, with some high reputation rank needed for Ossus? It does add an additional cost to gear for those that want to min/max, so it will take those players longer to get their dream gear, but it will be possible at least. If there won't be those sold, will there be some way to get recipes for crafting them?

- How exactly will the disintegration of 252 items from command crate work? Will we need to destroy the unopened box, so we won't know what we destroyed?

Hey folks,

Thanks.

-eric

Simply, remove MW system !

Increase the command level to 400

Introduce tier 5 command box with rare tier 5 gear drop

add a tier 5 vendor on fleet & osus !

increase tier 5 gear stat to 10% !

Cxp X2 for osus content !

remove crafting system on tier 5

Edited by Syal

Hmm... hard to tell yet if this is an improvement overall for the broader player base or not. It certainly is a response to some special interests blow back about the "grind".

They ARE reacting to feedback... but as always.. it's feedback from different and often conflicting/competing segments of the playerbase. That's the problem with MMOs and their players.. many competing and conflicting opinions and views in one pot.. being stirred with multiple spoons.. and we may get a good soup out of it or it may be really bad.

The only thing I see as consistent with all player segments about the new gear is ---> the soup takes way too long to make. :p

Time will tell.

Edited by Andryah

Simply, remove MW system !

Increase the command level to 400

Introduce tier 5 command box with rare tier 5 gear drop

add a tier 5 vendor on fleet & osus !

increase tier 5 gear stat to 10% !

Cxp X2 for osus content !

remove crafting system on tier 5

So.. two years of players widely complaining about the random nature of crates from Galactic Command (AND the GC grinding... per character) .. and your solution is for the studio to just double down on GC and Command Crates????? :confused:

Edited by Andryah

So.. two years of players widely complaining about the random nature of crates from Galactic Command (AND the GC grinding... per character) .. and your solution is for the studio to just double down on GC and Command Crates????? :confused:

People have largely accepted Galactic Command the way it is now. Personally, I neither want nor need another way of acquiring gear than the way it is now with Command Crates, Unassembled Components and the gear tokens dropping from operations bosses. I just don't get why the devs feel the need to reinvent the wheel every time now.

This leads me to another question however: Why do we even need another tier of gear? Level 70 has been the max level for two years now, making it the longest in-game period we've stayed at a maximum, with the jump from level 50 to 55 and 55 to 60 about being roughly 18 months each. With 5.10, level 70 will have gone through six tiers of gear. For what? I just don't see the need.

Edited by BenKatarn

I thought that after the 5.6 changes, the people still playing had largely relaxed about GC as a gearing mechanism?

In other words, didn't they finally "fix" GC so that it was in a halfway decent state?

Edited by Khevar

Hey folks,

Both

• Rare chance of MW Data Crystals dropping out of Command Crates at Tier 3 and up
  • 1-2 Crystals – Turning in Unassembled Components

-eric

AND then you wonder why people unsub? I want to get gold on 4 characters, iam working hard on it in solo ranked and team ranked BUT NOW YOU FORCE ME TO spend tonnes of time WHICH I, AS A WORKING MAN DON'T POSESS on doing some pve/daily content to GET GEAR which i will use only in pvp since iam A PVP PLAYER? Season now lasts only 6 months, i dont have much time to achieve gold on many characters so pls instead of FORCING ME TO USE MY TIME FOR SOME USELESS GRIND let me to do what I WANT TO DO. AND YES i need this gear to remain competetive in PVP and i don't have much time to grind it outside of pvp!!!!! 1-2 crystals with unessembled components? What does that mean? It means you want to force me to run some dailies instead of trying to get gold in pvp???????

merovejec to say it politetly are you F kidding me?

you are one of the 0.00001% population in swtor who has 99.9% or was it 100% achievement in SWTOR.

99% dont even have close to 50% achievement completed. You probably play in average 10hours a day for years. You make hardcore korean mmo players look like bunch of touchy amateurs. Your opinion should be regarded as a joke or satire at most.

For me personally i was contemplating wether to continue playing mmo after new year there is already enough bs IRL... i dont want to waste my time on even more nonsense BS especially in my leisure time. Devs have definetly made my decision alot easier for once in for all quit mmos with this 5.1 update. God knows how complicated and contrived 6.0 will be and how much mess they going to create in future 5.10 is just the beginning. Guild perks and Guild leveling?.... there has been thousands of good suggestions over the years none of them had mentionen "guild perks and lvling" jesus....

I will play Ossus both empire and republic for the story - thoroughly explore the area and skip all form of grinding. Then probably revisit the IA and SW story one last time. Then call it there. When a diehard swtor fan like snave quits the game thats telling. Was a fun ride swtor but its time to abandon the ship/wreck and move on and give up on swtor.

You shouldnt really listen to merovekek...if only he is the best example of why this game is in this state, the bad decisions and lack of moderation that BW does. Mero is a known wintrader and cheater in the game, tho mero still for some reason have his main account with the 100% achivs and things like Top 3 tittles that he wintrade and cheated. And yes even BW knows this since he was banned (several?) times. Tho for some reason he still keeps his main account with the achivs and stuff like golds and top 3 tittles.

Also im not like acusing him of anything...even Mero will tell you this.

The person above this post its also at the same level as mero btw... :D, known wintrader/cheater/exploiter of the game..also BW also knows this but yet he keeps his main account.

Edited by FiLaBugh

Hey folks,

Thanks.

-eric

To add to my small essay on page 2... since its seemingly far too late to back out of this nonsense now, I would like to see a vendor for mods and enhanancements, or a swap to putting B mods and low def enhancements as "BIS" for tanks. Def rating has been well over whats needed for literal years now.

Yes, because it took them that entire 2 years to make the system bearable. Then they just throw out the baby with the bath water because Mr. Kanneg wants a MM gods, which was already MM in all but name?

People have largely accepted Galactic Command the way it is now. Personally, I neither want nor need another way of acquiring gear than the way it is now with Command Crates, Unassembled Components and the gear tokens dropping from operations bosses. I just don't get why the devs feel the need to reinvent the wheel every time now.

Basically this

this leads me to another question however: Why do we even need another tier of gear? Level 70 has been the max level for two years now, making it the longest in-game period we've stayed at a maximum, with the jump from level 50 to 55 and 55 to 60 about being roughly 18 months each. With 5.10, level 70 will have gone through six tiers of gear. For what? I just don't see the need.

I already attempted to reply to the most common reasons given for this back on page 2. As a highlight to the most common provided "reason":

2. The "grind keeps people around" argument, from my perspective, is complete and utter nonsense. I am attempting to get it through your obviously abnormally thick skill, Musco, that should I stay, I am doing it IN SPITE OF the gear grind i will inevitably end up participating in. I am NOT doing a gear grind because I enjoy it, and by extension, this is NOT retaining me as a player - frankly at this point my guild and the lack of another game I care to play are doing that. To expand this argument from purely my perspective, at one point prior to the pvp changes that destroyed my guild's playerbase, I had about 10-15 active players on any given day. We're down to 2-6 because of the previous changes. This is a 40-87% decrease in active and subscribing members. Guess how many of those (previously subscribing) players are returning? None

Hey folks,

Thanks.

-eric

Well :)

1st: Remove top BiS gear able to be crafted and selled, let people craft 252 gear with a reasonable amount of materials.

2nd: Since you want us to grind again for gear: remove unassemble components, call it other thing..like ossus components or whatever, reward people that have unassemble components to trade those for ossus components in like a 50/1 ratio.

3rd: Keep the same vendors and had 258 gear to them with the same number of components that is needed now to buy 248 or since you want us to grind more..increase it a bit. like instead of 800~ make it 1000~.

4th: Award people that does Gods MM with direct gear..like every boss should drop 1 piece of gear. Maybe had a special vendor where each boss Drop lets call it a Master shard crystal. and a vendor where they can trade that crystal..make 5 different crystals...like Tyth drops yellow crystal and with that you can buy relics...Sisters drop a blue crystal and with that you can buy ears and implats and so on... Izax red crystal and you can buy offhand/mainhand.

5th: Stop rewarding people for loosing in pvp..specially ranked pvp! if weekly lets say its 100 points..loose will give you 1 point win will give 10! maybe this is too much but you get the point. Also since theres a new gear tier,OBVIOUSLY, you need to end the current season right now..then ofc make a pre season so people can gear up again.

6th: Had ossus related content to award ossus componets..like weekly something, will give X components.

7th: Let conquest reward components. i dont really know what conquest is but heh if some people like it just reward them with something usefull.

8th: Would be cool if you had a mods and enhancements vendor..make it like if 1 piece of gear is 1000 componets..1 mod should be like 700 or so. so it still have more value to get a full gear piece but if people want to buy just 1 mod or 1 enhancement they can still get it.

Edited by FiLaBugh