Masterwork Gear Changes in 5.10

EricMusco

Eric a few days ago (regarding expertise and pvp gear) : "To make large itemization changes to PvP like that will require an equally large update, so this is the type of issue we will have to wait until an expansion sized update to tackle."

So this new gearing system is...less complicated than just introduce expertise again now...kek.

I did enjoy the tl;dr though i must say. Buy from crafters (aka GTN) to...speed up the process. Interpretation : we made grind so horrible for you to bare that you will need in game credits to go BiS. Use that credit card of yours please, we need da money.

Spoiler alert... you will lose subs.

Edited by giorgo

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

PvE

• 1 Crystal – [Weekly] Masterwork Data Crystal – This Mission is to defeat both world bosses -or- earn 50 Group Ranked Arena Points

Why the constant push for group ranked? How does this help ranked any outside of just inflating ratings because people just go into ranked to farm instead of playing ranked for the ranked pvp. Also, what about regular pvp for those of us that hate arenas?

• [Weekly] Daily Area Ossus will allow you to choose one of the 3 Artifact Lockboxes:
    • Artifact Lockbox (Lower Body): Waist, Legs, Feet, or Relic
    • Artifact Lockbox (Tech): Main Hand, Offhand, Head, or Ear
    • Artifact Lockbox (Upper Body): Chest, Wrists, Hands, or Implant

[*]Once you are in Tier 3 of Galactic Command there is a chance that an Artifact Lockbox containing one random 252 piece can drop from Command Crates.

Gee....why does this sound so familiar? Oh right, battlemaster bags. Ya know, in school they teach history so we don't repeat the mistakes of the past. Why are you repeating the mistakes of swtor launch. Players HATED the BM bags and ya'll were forced to remove them. I'm blown away that after the backlash from BM bags and the backlash from the command bags that you're still pushing this rng bag crap.

• To help PvPers get the required Reputation for the MW Data Crystal vendors, we are adding Rep rewards to Ranked PvP Missions:
    • [DAILY] Arena of Death!: 2 Geonosian Power Cell
    • [DAILY] My Kind of Scum: 1 Geonosian Power Cell
    • [WEEKLY] Go Berserk!: 4 Encrypted Data Disks
    • [WEEKLY] Time for Pain!: 2 Encrypted Data Disks

-eric

Again with the ranked pvp.....Why? If you're going to push this, at least give us back 8v8 ranked. I refuse to do ranked arenas.

Will we be able to purchase mainhands/offhands from the 258 vendor?

Will any effort be made to bring a Mods/Enhancements vendor into the live game so we can purchase the enhancements and mods not provided by purchasing 252/258 gear? I think i speak for every NIM raider that greater access to Lethal B-mods, Vigilant/Steadfast enhancements, etc will make our raiding experience much better.

I used my main character to upgrade 242 shells to 248 in the prior tier of gear, so I have several dozen gold shells on that character - will they have no use this time for 252/258? Should I vendor them?

thats what you get for crying. now its equal, but worse for both. thanks pvp com. god i hate these people so much...

Don't blame us. We've been begging BW to go back to what worked and split the modes with their own gear so the grinds could be unique to each.

This is the worst of all worlds.

I literally lose money from not subbing because of the number of referral links I have but I'm done with this mess.

Keith, you've messed up. This is beyond stupid and somehow despite this studio making terrible decision after terrible decision, I'm still shocked by how stupid this one is.

Good luck playing space barbie because that is literally all this game is now.

Annnnd you know its bad when you all push away snave who has been super loyal to the game lol.

Edited by Raansu

Is there a way I can pause my six-month sub while this stuff gets sorted out? Thankfully I don't need a sub to GSF and that's pretty-much the only thing not buggered completely.

Making 252 gear required for 258 gear only makes the process longer, and in no way makes 252 gear relevant (which was the intent). There's nothing encouraging you to equip it you just keep it in your inventory until you trade it in.

The gearing grind at the start of 5.0 already took 4-6 months to get a BIS gear unless you did something naughty, and I am not looking for another one.

I am a GSFer/PVPer, so I shouldn't really care, but stat differences in PVP do matter. A 9k HP gap is going to be a difference between life and death for people who bother gearing. So you can't say "you don't need this gear". You do. and the process for getting it is unengaging and arguably unintelligent.

I understand the intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for obtaining this new gear, but the grind outweighs the incentives in my view.

Lest I be accused of unconstructive complaining, here are some ideas I have for fixing the gear issues in 5.10 (although I fully expect that you do not wish to implement them, there has to be a reason you decided to go wit hthe grind).

• Ditch the 252/258 gear entirely. New gear is not needed for any game content, only for NiM Gods. So do something to NiM Gods. Either tune it down further, or make NiM-Gods-specific guild perks. Make it a token that drops from NiM gods bosses used to purchase stat boosts in that operation. Win-win, small guilds can get it, Nightmare guilds can get it, and it is only used in one op without effecting the rest of the game
  • You've already ruled out PVP gear before 6.0, but could we ditch the MWS gearing, go back tu Unassembled COmponents, and get them at the same rate as old Unranked/Ranked tokens we used to get in 3.3/4.x? That would be great
  • Create an upgrade path from 248 gear. Use Command TOkens or UCs to upgrade to 258 directly, at a decent rate of exchange, say 600 tokens a piece. Have 252 gear drop from T4 crates of GC, have it be UC-upgradeable to 258 at a reduced cost, say 400 UC instead of 600
  • Go the GW2 route, give everyone base stats in PVP and eliminate the need for gear entirely.

Edited by NikSunrider

This whole problem stems from the fact that you decided to do away with PVP gear. Certain people may not have liked it and it may not have been perfect, but it served a purpose. It allowed people to gear up at a rate that was appropriate for that specific content.

Now however we're stuck with a system that relies heavily on RNG/time and takes far too long for PVPers to get their BIS gear. And yet for some reason you've decided to make this particular problem even worse by introducing a new tier of gear that was completely unnecessary for the large majority of the game. You could've made new obtainable set bonuses that are specific to the new raid difficulty instead. 8 Equipped = +8% stats while inside raids for example. But somehow you thought that disrupting other areas of the game was a better idea.

So now your only options are to either:

A - Screw over PVPers.

B - Screw over both PVPers and PVErs at the same time.

C - Implement 258 bolster for PVP as a banaid fix.

All these options are undesirable, but C seems to be the only one that can solves this issue without causing more trouble. I agree that some gear should be present in the PVP environment, but there is no other way you can salvage this without reintroducing PVP gear in under a month or handing out the new 258 gear like candy.

And can we please get away from these convoluted gearing methods? No one asked for gear to be this confusing.

Edited by micnevv

This is awful. Not only are you forcing us to do pvp, gsf, or some other weekly activiity, we may or may not care for, you added yet MORE RNG BOXES. There was nothing wrong with the first proposal, the strength of which was that we could earn the piece we want COMPLETELY WITHOUT RNG.

Not to mention all those toons I ground to command level 300, that was time wasted.

Here is how I would fix your proposal, and I will do it without changing your proposed rate of acquiring 258 gear:

Part 1: Rotating weekly

Instead of splitting the baby between pvp and pve with yet another annoying random rotating misison

(objective RNG is every bit as annoying as loot RNG),

add ONE overarching weekly mission.

Mission objective:

Complete ONE of the following:

Weekly PVP mission

Weekly Ranked PVP mission

Weekly GSF mission

Weekly OPS mission

Any of the 3 weekly Flashpoint missions

Complete 5 daily area weeklies (add new mission)

Complete 5 KOTfe/KOTET chapters (add new mission)

Reward: 1 MW data crystal

That way people can do the content they want at the time they want and be rewarded appropriately.

I know you think rotating content will spike interest in things, but trust, me, you will just have more people tuning out because they will get no reward from doing what they normally enjoy.

Part 2: Ossus

Weekly Ossus rewards 1 MW data crystal instead of random 252 lootbox.

This will work out much better down the road when people are trashing their 252s.

The random lootbox is the most insulting change you are making, and rewarding lootboxes instead of MW crystals is going to make the Ossus weekly unviable failry quickly for most players.

Part 3:: gear

Keep your 252 shell required for 258's idea.

But put 252's on a vendor for 1 MW crystal.

258's cost 2 MW Crystals + 252 piece for belt and bracers, and 3 MW crystals + 252 piece for the rest.

Put all 258 mods and enhancements on a vendor for 1 MW data crystal (this is perfect as they are 1/3 of a piece of gear, and they will cost 1/3 of a piece of gear).

This will be perfect for the min/maxers.

This is also going to allow people fo slot their left side with 252s on their alts as they work toward full 258.

There is very little gear waste in my proposal.

Part 4: Worldbosses.

If these worldbosses are instanced, giving a MW crystal for killing both is okay.

If these worldbosses arent instanced, this is going to be a disaster. and a waste.

These can be fun, but you would have so many more people doing them if you just instanced them.

No one wants to start or join a group if you dont even know if theyll be up when you finally get enough people.

Honestly I would prefer you redistributed this MW reward elsewhere or tweaked up your UC rates to compensate.

Part 5: Unassembled components

If you want to equialize pvp and pve, tweaking UC drops is the simplest and most effective way to do it.

I would also suggest increasing the command crate disintegrate rate for UCs to make having command rank 300 at least worth something. No one is going to farm command for a RNG chance at MW crystals or 252 gear,.

Addendum: 3 suggestions

1. I havent been on the PTS, but please please PLEASE make all the ossus dailies available at all times like all the non-IOKATH daily planets. IOKATH dailies are really fun, but only after you spend 3-4 days planting a toon at the terminal collecting the mission.

I really think you missed a big opportunity when you randomized and limited them. There are alot of people I talk to who speak of IOKATH with revulsion because of this and wont even try it.

2. If 258's dont work with legacy gear, its an absolute nonstarter and instant unsub for me. And binding mods and enhancements to slot (as rumored) is a huge mistake.

3. Please add 1 MW crystal as a reward for completing the Ossus story mission, so we dont feel we are wasting our time running through the story on multiple toons.

I don't mind grind, believe me, but there are 3 things that I will not tolerate:

1. An insane level of grind

2. Random rewards and Random activity objectives.

3. Forcing me into content I don't care for.

I've played for over 5 years and am no stranger to grind. If you dont believe me, check out my account and see how many command rank 300's I have.

I've been patient the past year with the content drip because I feel like you have made strides in listening to players and improving QOL instead of forcing unpopular changes on us.

That said, I walked away for more than 6 months after 5.0 and I will do it again if you don't fix this.

Edited by matthaxian

I have a couple of questions here, so please hear me out.

Do you remember where, a few years ago, it was said that they were removing all the different types of character bound currencies, because they were confusing, people did not know what they were all needed for, and many of them no longer served any purpose or were useless?

So why are you adding, yet again, another character bound currency, that forces the playerbase in to a very narrow path that it can be used for, and completely screws over players alt characters, and gives no benefit in playing them, or even trying to gear them with this update?

The masterwork crystals need to be made legacy bound. It is one small concession you could make too offset some of the bad games design choices that are constantly made.

Also, what about regular pvp for those of us that hate arenas?

Again with the ranked pvp.....Why? If you're going to push this, at least give us back 8v8 ranked. I refuse to do ranked arenas.

Agreed. I hate arena. Plus my lag makes it nearly impossible to play and not let my team down.

Please give us ranked 8v8 or add some weekly for reg objective pvpers to gain MW shards.

This is the worst of all worlds.

I literally lose money from not subbing because of the number of referral links I have but I'm done with this mess.

Keith, you've messed up. This is beyond stupid and somehow despite this studio making terrible decision after terrible decision, I'm still shocked by how stupid this one is.

Good luck playing space barbie because that is literally all this game is now.

Annnnd you know its bad when you all push away snave who has been super loyal to the game lol.

By himself, Snave counts as 100 players. Multiply that by his channel viewers and influence and you have a whole bunch of people about to stop playing.

I couldn’t tell you the numbers, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see 500+ subs go because Snave stops playing and supporting the game.

If someone as loyal as Snave is leaving over this. How many other people who don’t post on the forums, don’t have twitch channels, who are super loyal to the game, are going to pack up and leave?

Does everyone need to unsub before people start to listen?

Edited by Totemdancer

Info about crafting 252?Info about how to get 252 schemas?Mats for 252?Lowering mats count for 258?Or just another "crafting killer" patch?Coz yep, with ur information about 258 its more cheaper grinding it than craft it. Its not fun, when u get all through crafting and game forcing u to be PVE/PVP slave, lel. Mb its good for ppl with 1-2 main characters, but if u have more?

By himself, Snave counts as 100 players. Multiply that by his channel viewers and influence and you have a whole bunch of people about to stop playing.

I couldn’t tell you the numbers, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see 500+ subs go because Snave stops playing and supporting the game.

If someone as loyal as Snave is leaving over this. How many other people who don’t post on the forums, don’t have twitch channels, who are super loyal to the game, are going to pack up and leave?

Does everyone need to unsub before people start to listen?

Don't dramatize.

Instead of splitting the baby between pvp and pve with yet another annoying random rotating misison

(objective RNG is every bit as annoying as loot RNG),

add ONE overarching weekly mission.

Mission objective:

Complete ONE of the following:

Weekly PVP mission

Weekly Ranked PVP mission

Weekly GSF mission

Weekly OPS mission

Any of the 3 weekly Flashpoint missions

Complete 5 daily area weeklies (add new mission)

Complete 5 KOTfe/KOTET chapters (add new mission)

Reward: 1 MW data crystal.

This is so logically perfect that BW's office went up in flames trying to avoid it.

Don't dramatize.

Totem frequently exaggerates, but they are right in saying that the loss of any streamer with a large following is an event worth paying attention to. Snave hasn't written any guides on Dulfy recently, but he freely gives advice and pointers, holds pvp events, and has a large following on Twitch. You may not like his attitude on camera, but his departure is not something that should be brushed off as just another disgruntled player. I saw the changes in the original post as positive, as responsive to feedback, but if instead its more likely to push an Influencer away than before, I have to take pause.

If I were Musco I'd be reaching out to Snave directly and privately right now and having a dialogue to figure out what specifically about the proposed changes in Musco's original post are worse than before.

Info about crafting 252?Info about how to get 252 schemas?Mats for 252?Lowering mats count for 258?Or just another "crafting killer" patch?Coz yep, with ur information about 258 its more cheaper grinding it than craft it. Its not fun, when u get all through crafting and game forcing u to be PVE/PVP slave, lel. Mb its good for ppl with 1-2 main characters, but if u have more?

Crafting, as it stands on PTS right now, is worse than the proposed grind for someone with multiple characters, actually. Nothing in the original schematics on PTS can be a double crit because its all wearable. The 424 CMTs, not to mention the RIS needed to make the however many Ossan Assembly Components, are prohibitive enough, let alone the legendary gold Forgotten Somethings which presumably only come from the bosses themselves.

Totem frequently exaggerates, but they are right in saying that the loss of any streamer with a large following is an event worth paying attention to. Snave hasn't written any guides on Dulfy recently, but he freely gives advice and pointers, holds pvp events, and has a large following on Twitch. You may not like his attitude on camera, but his departure is not something that should be brushed off as just another disgruntled player. I saw the changes in the original post as positive, as responsive to feedback, but if instead its more likely to push an Influencer away than before, I have to take pause.

If I were Musco I'd be reaching out to Snave directly and privately right now and having a dialogue to figure out what specifically about the proposed changes in Musco's original post are worse than before.

I am not dismissing him or anything. I think he's a cool guy and sure the loss of any streamer for a game hurts and I do think he has an important influence on the game. I also agree with the criticism in this thread towards the some changes but I dislike the dramatization and too many times did I see people have big "breakup" moments with a game only to come back months later.

Seeing as how this was posted in the PTS section and not the general. I thought I would repost for those who don’t read the PTS section

Masterwork Gear Changes in 5.10 (As posted by Musco in the PTS forum)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9669483#edit9669483

Hey folks,

For those of you who are familiar with current Masterwork gearing plans from PTS, you will notice some changes. Otherwise, this may be an introduction to how all of this will work in 5.10. Throughout this post when I refer to Masterwork gear, I am referring to the new 252 and 258 item rating gear being introduced in 5.10. Based on our initial implementation there were a few key things we wanted to address:

• Getting Masterwork gear solely from PvP was more difficult than we would like.
  • The implementation encouraged working directly to 258 while skipping 252. We don’t have a problem with this, but it made getting any gear upgrades more challenging and expensive than desired. By “stair stepping” up to 252 and then 258 there can be constant progression that isn’t as expensive as trying to jump straight to best in slot.
  • We needed more opportunities for players to get Masterwork Data Crystals and gear overall.
  • Players had no long term value in getting 252 since they could not be upgraded to 258.

Before we dive into the way MW gear acquisition will work in 5.10, just a reminder that 258 gear can be crafted by gathering materials from a variety of sources, including Master Mode Gods from the Machine. This ensures that the new MM in 5.10 is a very valuable source for progression Ops players. Outside of crafting, there are two ways of acquiring MW gear, by turning in MW Data Crystals to a vendor for 252 / 258 or by receiving 252 gear directly. Let’s cover each of these methods and within each, the separation of PvE and PvP where applicable.

Masterwork Data Crystals

There are two places where you can purchase MW gear:

• Lord Fural / Major Pucenisco on Ossus – 252 Gear
    • Requires Ossus Reputation rank between Outsider and Hero, depending on gear piece
    • Each piece costs 2 Masterwork Data Crystals

[*]Lord Bay’lor / Captain Anfel on Ossus – 258 Gear

• Requires Ossus Reputation rank of Champion or Legend, depending on gear piece
    • Each piece costs 3-4 Masterwork Data Crystals and a matching piece of 252 gear

Here are the ways in which you can acquire MW Data Crystals per week:

PvE

• 1 Crystal – [Weekly] Masterwork Data Crystal – This Mission is to defeat both world bosses -or- earn 50 Group Ranked Arena Points
  • 1 Crystal – New rotating Weekly Mission (50% chance of being a PvE objective)

PvP

• 1 Crystal – New rotating Weekly Mission (50% chance of being a PvP objective)

Both

• Rare chance of MW Data Crystals dropping out of Command Crates at Tier 3 and up
  • 1-2 Crystals – Turning in Unassembled Components

252 Gear Drops

In addition to being able to purchase gear for MW Data Crystals, there are a two places where you can outright acquire 252 gear.

• [Weekly] Daily Area Ossus will allow you to choose one of the 3 Artifact Lockboxes:

[*]Once you are in Tier 3 of Galactic Command there is a chance that an Artifact Lockbox containing one random 252 piece can drop from Command Crates.

Additional Changes

There are some other changes to help support Masterwork Gear (mostly targeted at PvPers). They are:

• We increased the current 252 disintegration rates from PTS. 252 gear will disintegrate into 175 Unassembled Components in 5.10 (up from 9 to 45).
  • To help PvPers get the required Reputation for the MW Data Crystal vendors, we are adding Rep rewards to Ranked PvP Missions:

TLDR – If a player simply does two Weekly Missions of their chosen playstyle they will be able to acquire a minimum of two 252 pieces per week (or upgrade one 252 piece to 258). This does not include crossing over into both PvP and PvE, any MW Data Crystals or drops from Command Crates, or purchasing any crafted versions of this gear, which can speed up your acquisition rate of MW gear.

Let us know your thoughts on the changes to acquiring Masterwork gear in 5.10!

-eric

Edited by Totemdancer

matthaxian;9669653]T

Addendum: 3 suggestions

1. I havent been on the PTS, but please please PLEASE make all the ossus dailies available at all times like all the non-IOKATH daily planets. IOKATH dailies are really fun, but only after you spend 3-4 days planting a toon at the terminal collecting the mission.

I really think you missed a big opportunity when you randomized and limited them. There are alot of people I talk to who speak of IOKATH with revulsion because of this and wont even try it.

I have been on the PTS a few times testing things and all the dailies are available on the mission board at the same time.

Hey folks,

For those of you who are familiar with current Masterwork gearing plans from PTS, you will notice some changes. Otherwise, this may be an introduction to how all of this will work in 5.10. Throughout this post when I refer to Masterwork gear, I am referring to the new 252 and 258 item rating gear being introduced in 5.10. Based on our initial implementation there were a few key things we wanted to address:

• Getting Masterwork gear solely from PvP was more difficult than we would like.
  • The implementation encouraged working directly to 258 while skipping 252. We don’t have a problem with this, but it made getting any gear upgrades more challenging and expensive than desired. By “stair stepping” up to 252 and then 258 there can be constant progression that isn’t as expensive as trying to jump straight to best in slot.
  • We needed more opportunities for players to get Masterwork Data Crystals and gear overall.
  • Players had no long term value in getting 252 since they could not be upgraded to 258.

Before we dive into the way MW gear acquisition will work in 5.10, just a reminder that 258 gear can be crafted by gathering materials from a variety of sources, including Master Mode Gods from the Machine. This ensures that the new MM in 5.10 is a very valuable source for progression Ops players. Outside of crafting, there are two ways of acquiring MW gear, by turning in MW Data Crystals to a vendor for 252 / 258 or by receiving 252 gear directly. Let’s cover each of these methods and within each, the separation of PvE and PvP where applicable.

Masterwork Data Crystals

There are two places where you can purchase MW gear:

• Lord Fural / Major Pucenisco on Ossus – 252 Gear
    • Requires Ossus Reputation rank between Outsider and Hero, depending on gear piece
    • Each piece costs 2 Masterwork Data Crystals

[*]Lord Bay’lor / Captain Anfel on Ossus – 258 Gear

• Requires Ossus Reputation rank of Champion or Legend, depending on gear piece
    • Each piece costs 3-4 Masterwork Data Crystals and a matching piece of 252 gear

Here are the ways in which you can acquire MW Data Crystals per week:

PvE

• 1 Crystal – New rotating Weekly Mission (50% chance of being a PvE objective)

PvP

• 1 Crystal – New rotating Weekly Mission (50% chance of being a PvP objective)

Both

• Rare chance of MW Data Crystals dropping out of Command Crates at Tier 3 and up
  • 1-2 Crystals – Turning in Unassembled Components

252 Gear Drops

In addition to being able to purchase gear for MW Data Crystals, there are a two places where you can outright acquire 252 gear.

Additional Changes

There are some other changes to help support Masterwork Gear (mostly targeted at PvPers). They are:

• We increased the current 252 disintegration rates from PTS. 252 gear will disintegrate into 175 Unassembled Components in 5.10 (up from 9 to 45).

TLDR – If a player simply does two Weekly Missions of their chosen playstyle they will be able to acquire a minimum of two 252 pieces per week (or upgrade one 252 piece to 258). This does not include crossing over into both PvP and PvE, any MW Data Crystals or drops from Command Crates, or purchasing any crafted versions of this gear, which can speed up your acquisition rate of MW gear.

Let us know your thoughts on the changes to acquiring Masterwork gear in 5.10!

-eric

Mr. Musco, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent explanation were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Edited by Lt-Snake
Spoiler

Crafting, as it stands on PTS right now, is worse than the proposed grind for someone with multiple characters, actually. Nothing in the original schematics on PTS can be a double crit because its all wearable. The 424 CMTs, not to mention the RIS needed to make the however many Ossan Assembly Components, are prohibitive enough, let alone the legendary gold Forgotten Somethings which presumably only come from the bosses themselves.

U r right, but u can double mods, enchs, e.t.c, coz its REable from legendary gear, but still need "gold Forgotten Somethings". So just hoping about 252 crafting, coz its must be more cheaper(1/2 for example for mats and/or without NIM gold Forgotten somethings). As example, 256(258) enhs from legendary gear need 5 CMT, but still 1 forgotten thing

https://imgur.com/a/M3hmFy3

Edited by AlexandrWolf

So you are making it easier to acquire 252 gear, but making it much more difficult to acquire 258 gear?

You can spin this however you want, but lets be clear -- 258 gear is now harder to obtain unless you are SIGNIFICANTLY increasing the drops of MWS in T3 and T4 crates.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

make

them

legacy

bound

Or atleast provide reasoning why you would go the "screw you with all your alts" route again just like the abomination gearing was at the start of 5.0.

EDIT: and with them I mean the masterworks crystals obviously

I don't think they should be legacy bound. This would make it so that people who spend only part of the time playing their main would gear faster than people who spend more time on their mains but are limited by the throttle.

I think the player that spends more time playing their main should gear faster than someone who spends less time on their actual main doing the same exact content only. If a player only uses PVP to obtain MWC's, but another player does both PVP and PVE than that's a reasonable basis of earning more MWCs. Playing 5 alts only doing the same content as the one character it isn't a reasonable basis for a faster gearing experience on any given specific character.

It places people like myself who only play one character or two at a disadvantage. If the throttle dictates that I can only earn 2 MWCs per week, that's all I can get. If they make it legacy bound, that means people can earn a lot more MWC's faster as they would be able to pool all the MWC's they earned playing on alts and than funnel them their main.

Throtttle is there for a reason and I would imagine it's to do with limiting the amount that can be earned in a given time frame.

i.e. Solo player can only earn 2 MWC per week, someone with 4 alts can earn 10 MWC per week and have them to use on any given character when the solo player could not possibly earn as many MWC's because of the throttle. Essentially, it would be a loop hole.

I spend 25 hours per week play my main [and only character]. Some else who has alts spends only 15 hours on thier main will have their main geared faster than someone who puts more effort and time with their mains [and only] in.

Solo character players can't get around the throttle. I can't earn 10 MWC in a week, it's literally impossible so at the end of that week I'm not able to get any 258 gear with with only 2 MWCs, the person playing alts will have two new pieces of 258 gear on any given character they would choose to to my none.

While I wouldn't call it an exploit, I do see it as gaming the system. If the throttle doesn't effect everyone equally than it shouldn't be instituted in 5.10 at all IMO. That would in and of itself create gear gaps. I have no issue with the throttle otherwise.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

So you are making it easier to acquire 252 gear, but making it much more difficult to acquire 258 gear?

You can spin this however you want, but lets be clear -- 258 gear is now harder to obtain unless you are SIGNIFICANTLY increasing the drops of MWS in T3 and T4 crates.

Dasty

^ this is 100% correct. All they are doing is lengthening our grind, by making us use MWS on 252 gear 1st, then getting 258's. They should allow us to skip 252's if we want and just outright buy the 258's when we have the correct amount of Reputation, and enough MWS for the 258 piece we want.

If they don't allow us to skip the 252 gear, then MWS needs to be made a BoL currency.

It places people like myself who only play one character or two at a disadvantage. If the throttle dictates that I can only earn 2 MWCs per week, that's all I can get. If they make it legacy bound, that means people can earn a lot more MWC's faster as they would be able to pool all the MWC's they earned playing on alts and than funnel them their main.

I spend 25 hours per week play my main [and only character]. Some else who has alts spends only 15 hours on thier main will have their main geared faster than someone who puts more effort and time with their mains [and only] in.

Then play more alts. That is the whole point in having them. Besides the story, they help progress your play faster.

There will not be enough new content to spend 25 hours doing it on only 1 character. The way the system is now, it penalizes players that have been playing the game for a long time and have a lot of alts.