The 6.0 Expansion has been confirmed!

Eshvara

This is a good point. What's a good reason to you?

Either they're on Odessen already and Theron doesn't want them to know he knows or the player is at fault for some reason? (I.E. Under the influence of Zildrog?) I don't know? :confused:

Edited by Paulsutherland

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[*]BWA thinking about a "polymorph" wz

[*]tracer missile animation coming back (just kidding)

When I heard that I practically shouted at Eric and Charles on my monitor to go check the idea I just posted on the Suggestion forum yesterday.

I did post it in the stream chat too, but there was a lot of people posting a lot of things, so I doubt they saw it.

Oh, and old Ravage animation.

Theron Shan

You've put this character into his own grave ... unless he's got a really good answer for his actions, I want that kill option!

- Uprisings: It's implied in one of the lore entries that a person with cybernetic implants fed information to one of the rogue groups attacking the Alliance (can't recall which one this is) ... So Theron gave them information that got Alliance personnel killed?

- War for Iokath: Theron helped start a war on Iokath between the three main factions? I'm assuming on the instructions from the Zildrog guys so they could operate unopposed. They nearly killed us? Had it not of been for the fleet we would have died. Not to mention he's caused more deaths to the Alliance and it's allied faction.

- Umbara: Theron tried to kill us and Lana by causing the train to crash? In doing so causing bad relations between the Umbarans and the Alliance. Then at the end is welcomed into the order ... okay ... so if he's welcomed I guess that means he's not being forced by them?

- Copero: This one signed his death certificate for me. Not only did he cause tension between the Chiss Ascendency and the Alliance, he also gave the location of another 'super weapon' to the Zildrog Order ... Why? By the way the dialog from the masked figure was delivered, they didn't even know where it was?! So I assume Theron needs this 'super weapon' for reasons unknown and the Order is in a position to acquire it for him?

- Motive: I still think there is something wrong with the player, and somehow Theron became aware of it ... If not ... then why hasn't he told us?

- Death Option: Every killable companion has died for less than what Theron has just done ... so ... again ... if he lacks a good reason ... his body will be going over the corpse balcony.

(He can have a 'get out of jail' card if he brings back Darth Marr and or Vaylin.) ;)

uprisings

Most use the "A common thread" codex for that info

__ Alliance Intelligence has confirmed that a single person or group was behind the recent spate of uprisings. These findings are based on months of comprehensive research--as well as numerous common threads that link the events, including but not limited to:

- Anti-Alliance hatred fueled by manufactured propaganda.

- Funding by several front companies originating in the Outer Rim.

- Connections to various deceased persons of note.

- Transmissions via a unique encrypted algorithm.

- Presence and usage of rare cybernetic implants at each uprising site.

This evidence directly connects the uprisings to a single conspirator. Their motives remain unknown, but they likely acted to destabilize galactic peace and weaken the Eternal Alliance. The scope and breadth of such a conspiracy speaks to an individual or group with substantial funding and expertise in the art of subterfuge and manipulation.

Alliance agents are currently investigating all possible perpetrators, including Sith Intelligence, the Republic SIS, and the Star Cabal.

This conspirator cannot hide forever. __

We know the Order of Zildrog is behind a lot, and we know Theron was trying to join them, but I personally think Iokath was when he was trying to join properly, which bodes ill if he was responsible for the trap on the throne that was so very close to killing the Commander, I don't think he was if the undercover thing is true and that trap would have been the catalyst for him to go all in undercover. Doesn't make sense if playing a character that kills and blows up everything in their way just because but hey, what can you do.

Likely he got told that to join the Order he had to press the detonation button on the train.

Copero was a mess all round. I'm not happy :p yep, big bad guys got the location of a new superweapon (haven't we already found enough of thsoe? ugh) meaning we need to go fix his mess if we can even find it. Theron knows it's on Nathema, and then he blew the map to smithereens for Lana to try and piece back together. I thought there'd be an interesting ending until that happened. *throws hands up and leaves*

Okay, rethinking this ...

Theron Shan

You've put this character into his own grave ... unless he's got a really good answer for his actions, I want that kill option!

- Uprisings: It's implied in one of the lore entries that a person with cybernetic implants fed information to one of the rogue groups attacking the Alliance (can't recall which one this is) ... So Theron gave them information that got Alliance personnel killed?

- War for Iokath: Theron helped start a war on Iokath between the three main factions? I'm assuming on the instructions from the Zildrog guys so they could operate unopposed. They nearly killed us? Had it not of been for the fleet we would have died. Not to mention he's caused more deaths to the Alliance and it's allied faction.

- Umbara: Theron tried to kill us and Lana by causing the train to crash? In doing so causing bad relations between the Umbarans and the Alliance. Then at the end is welcomed into the order ... okay ... so if he's welcomed I guess that means he's not being forced by them?

- Copero: This one signed his death certificate for me. Not only did he cause tension between the Chiss Ascendency and the Alliance, he also gave the location of another 'super weapon' to the Zildrog Order ... Why? By the way the dialog from the masked figure was delivered, they didn't even know where it was?! So I assume Theron needs this 'super weapon' for reasons unknown and the Order is in a position to acquire it for him?

- Motive: I still think there is something wrong with the player, and somehow Theron became aware of it ... If not ... then why hasn't he told us?

- Death Option: Every killable companion has died for less than what Theron has just done ... so ... again ... if he lacks a good reason ... his body will be going over the corpse balcony.

(He can have a 'get out of jail' card if he brings back Darth Marr and or Vaylin.) ;)

Returning Companions

If we're going back to Imp vs Pub, is that going to effect certain companions? Like Zenith who is very anti-empire? or Kira? etc

But you have absolutely no idea, why he is doing this. You don't know if he (or the player) is being mind controlled somehow. For all you know the player could be running around with a bomb in there head and Theron is cooperating to not make you go "boom". (not saying this is the case). Just look at the entire Imperial Agent story line. If they had been a companion, would you have murdered them too?

Again, you can do whatever the game allows you too, but killing a companion based on a bunch of assumptions, when he is so obviously still on your side, seems a bit extreme.

Resubscribed, for 2 months based on an announced expansion that isn't "knights of the ... part 3".

I still need this expansion to feature a planet that actually matters in Star Wars lore. There will be 4 recent movies worth of new planets to pick from by then, many of which have a blank slate for some backstory like the planetary arcs at launch.

Yeah, I want more "normal" Star Wars too. And well, more "normal" MMO gameplay as well. I was thinking about how they're going to do the story moving forward. The Chapters-idea wasn't horrible, but the actual content wasn't at all to my liking. And the pacing, especially in KotET, was horrible. I recently dragged my Bounty Hunter through half KotFE and all of KotET, and what I felt was mostly frustration at constantly being interrupted by cutscenes. I could never get into the flow of actually playing.

So I hope they'll do better on that, too, in 6.0.

Ugh. Oh joy, Republic v Empire.

So what are my Imp's who sided with the Republic supposed to do? Forget Iokath ever happened? Pretend it was a dream? At least one of the three would refuse to have anything to do with the Empire again, so I guess I'll just throw him in the trash heap. :mad:

I hope we'll be able to completely skip all of KotFEET, personally, as we can with all the other expansions.

I have a bunch of alts I have to drag through KotFEET, but none of those who haven't started it yet won't ever do it.

So I'd be all for not only forgetting Iokath ever happened, but all of 4.0-6.0... at least for some characters. ;) Having a 'waking up from a bad dream'-sequence would suit me just fine.

But you have absolutely no idea, why he is doing this. You don't know if he (or the player) is being mind controlled somehow. For all you know the player could be running around with a bomb in there head and Theron is cooperating to not make you go "boom". (not saying this is the case). Just look at the entire Imperial Agent story line. If they had been a companion, would you have murdered them too?

Again, you can do whatever the game allows you too, but killing a companion based on a bunch of assumptions, when he is so obviously still on your side, seems a bit extreme.

If it turns out the player is at fault, then yeah, I can buy that and under those circumstances and I'll be forgiving, though if their objective is to simply kill the Commander and Alliance ... then ... why not just shoot the Commander when you had the chance on Iokath? then the fleet will go back into skynet mode, and will likely kill the Alliance in the process.

As for the agent question ... yes ... I'm not going to risk someone having knowledge of my conditioning becoming a threat in the future.

I'm actually very happy for this news how we will be finally getting an expansion for this game, hope its a big one :)

I always preferred imp vs rep story and that always felt more like SW to me than the entire Zakuul thing which I had enough of in KOTXX series.

It would make me sad to see that Malgus is dead because he is such an awesome character :( , I hope its not since I always wished to see an expansion centered among other things on his return and I bet how many other players would want him back to since he is one of the all time favorite characters of the community.

Edited by Lunablade

I'm actually very happy for this news how we will be finally getting an expansion for this game, hope its a big one :)

I always preferred imp vs rep story and that always felt more like SW to me than the entire Zakuul thing which I had enough of in KOTXX series.

It would make me sad to see that Malgus is dead because he is such an awesome character :( , I hope its not since I always wished to see an expansion centered among other things on his return and I bet how many other players would want him back to since he is one of the all time favorite characters of the community.

I don't believe Malgus being dead! Besides, probably doesn't mean it's true. They have refused talking about him for way too long.

Great.

And where's Khem? Hmm?

Discount Khem doens't work, and they gave me back the whiny *censored* Jedi *censored*, who I never wanted in the first place.

The romance argument is weak, at best. The LIs in this game are one of its biggest weaknesses. Click this button to "romance" cookie cutter stereotype 17 in a badly written way. That's pretty much it and it's bloody atrocious. I've done all romances in vanilla. I will never do any of them again. They are terrible.

Frankly, I'd kill off most companions. From a gameplay and mechanics perspective it makes zero sense to have as many as we have now. You can only use a handful at any given time anyway, while the rest idles and does nothing. Most companions are flat out useless. Let us pick our A Team and move on. Anyone not making the cut dies.

Imp vs Rep, well, given we only have 2 factions, what else can they do? Add a third faction? Yeah, I'd love that, but it took them almost 2 years to build a single, full raid. Third faction? 5-10 years. At least.

It's going to be another single player expansion with tons of "writing" on the level of New Jedi Order or The Last Jedi. Just like the whole KOTFE/KOTET waste of time, full of fake sci-fi and nothing truly Star Wars-y.

Great.

And where's Khem? Hmm?

Discount Khem doens't work, and they gave me back the whiny *censored* Jedi *censored*, who I never wanted in the first place.

The romance argument is weak, at best. The LIs in this game are one of its biggest weaknesses. Click this button to "romance" cookie cutter stereotype 17 in a badly written way. That's pretty much it and it's bloody atrocious. I've done all romances in vanilla. I will never do any of them again. They are terrible.

Frankly, I'd kill off most companions. From a gameplay and mechanics perspective it makes zero sense to have as many as we have now. You can only use a handful at any given time anyway, while the rest idles and does nothing. Most companions are flat out useless. Let us pick our A Team and move on. Anyone not making the cut dies.

Imp vs Rep, well, given we only have 2 factions, what else can they do? Add a third faction? Yeah, I'd love that, but it took them almost 2 years to build a single, full raid. Third faction? 5-10 years. At least.

It's going to be another single player expansion with tons of "writing" on the level of New Jedi Order or The Last Jedi. Just like the whole KOTFE/KOTET waste of time, full of fake sci-fi and nothing truly Star Wars-y.

You're just in a trolling mood today, aren't you? Again I can't see this scoring more than 2/10

• Jaesa coming back... "not a very long wait"

You may want to correct it. DS Jaesa comes back and soon, yes. They avoided any mention of LS Jaesa whatsoever. And Sam didn't ask them too because he was only interested in DS version.

You may want to correct it. DS Jaesa comes back and soon, yes. They avoided any mention of LS Jaesa whatsoever. And Sam didn't ask them too because he was only interested in DS version.

This. I had hoped beyond anything that they would confirm that Sith Warriors that should get LS Jaesa will not be bugged and receive DS Jaesa instead on that half of the character return. This is my biggest worry about DS Jaesa's return, because I despise that character (DS version), all of my SW's should have LS Jaesa return, and I don't want them breaking due to this half-release.

Edited by Asmodesu

This is just them trying to get our attention away from the abysmal state of the game today!

They did not mention a date or a year for that matter for this so called expansion.

They even said not to get any hopes up because we will just get disappointed!

BioWare is just blowing smoke trying to hide the fact that the game is burning now...

This is just them trying to get our attention away from the abysmal state of the game today!

They did not mention a date or a year for that matter for this so called expansion.

They even said not to get any hopes up because we will just get disappointed!

BioWare is just blowing smoke trying to hide the fact that the game is burning now...

No, they basically said they wouldn't reveal anything and get peoples hopes up, because they always complain. See exhibit A above.

No, they basically said they wouldn't reveal anything and get peoples hopes up, because they always complain. See exhibit A above.

No, they don't have anything to reveal at this time - not even the name of the expansion.

They are in early story mode - this is first stage - not the final stage.

Yeahhhhh, that didn't sound like a "yes" at all. Or a "no." Or even a "maybe." That was a very clear "we don't want to say one way or the other because that could easily lead to story spoilers for people." It's my job to answer stuff like that every day (I work in community as well) and that was incredibly neutral. They aren't telling people one way or the other.

That said, if we have the choice to kill him, I'm going to be extremely upset if that means he vanishes from future content. I've had enough LIs die/vanish. I'm out.

Except that Charles states 'We have been letting you kill a lot of people lately. Odds are if the story is one where you feel like you would need to you probably would." Given how little reason a lot of people seem to 'feel' like they need for a kill option, and the fact he brings up the fact that they have been putting kill options on so many companions lately, this 'non answer' sounds like a yes to me.

All I want is to be able to step away from RL for a little while each day, step into another world where I can be the hero, and find my happy ending. The story I create for my character is largely formed by the companions they created for us. To have them continually ripped away is greatly impacting my ability to enjoy this game. Lana and Theron are really the only long term companions we have left. I don't want to lose them. Even if BW were to create new companions to replace them, I don't trust BW not to decide to rip them away too. So I'm not interested in investing in any new companions they may decide to create. RL creates enough angst. I'm sick of dealing with it in this game as well.

My subscription ends at the end of May. That gives me enough time to finish up the storylines I am currently playing. If Theron has a kill option, I won't be renewing. I'll keep an eye on what's happening in the game, and if he is part of the next major story update, I might resubscribe then. But I'm not going to keep giving BW money while I wait to see if they are going to jerk me around.

This. I had hoped beyond anything that they would confirm that Sith Warriors that should get LS Jaesa will not be bugged and receive DS Jaesa instead on that half of the character return. This is my biggest worry about DS Jaesa's return, because I despise that character (DS version), all of my SW's should have LS Jaesa return, and I don't want them breaking due to this half-release.

I fear this also. My Dark Warrior kept Jaesa light, and he would want nothing to do with her psychotic Dark side counterpart. I'm worried they'll only give her back as Dark based on his alignment rather than what was chosen in the story. Also them keeping quiet about Light Jaesa, and just talking about Dark makes me worry they'll do something to her, just so they can only bring her back as Dark.

He did mention LS Jaesa briefly earlier on. Someone in chat asked if Jaesa was coming back and he said yes to DS Jaesa and "haven't got specific plans to announce for LS Jaesa yet". It was at like 6:50 in P2 of the VOD.

Nice. Thanks for posting, Eshvara.

As an addendum, here are some notes I took of the things I found interesting:

• there will at least be a 5.9.1 and 5.10 before 6.0 released
  • there will be an expansion (empire vs republic)
  • Jaesa coming back... "not a very long wait"
  • BWA thinking about a "polymorph" wz
  • sorc / sage improvement coming, whether utilities or buffing the class (in addition to multiple classes utilities changing)
  • pvp gear - expertise might come back (but it's a massive amount of work)
  • Ranked Season 9 ending midsummer. rewards still being decided
  • Serious internal conversations about ranked warzones - possible solution is ranked wz events
  • Might be able to kill Theron
  • New Stronghold coming
  • Malgus is probably dead
  • tracer missile animation coming back (just kidding)

thanks for making a list

Tell me about it. My SW is light side 5. I don't want crazy *** DS Jaesa in my group of companions. I hate Vaylin cause she was a crazy *** character and I don't want DS Jaesa. Don't get me wrong, bring her back for those who obtained crazy murderous Jaesa during their story, but for us LSers, let's keep our mentally stable LS Jaesa. I wasn't a fan of keeping Arcann because of what he did, but I didn't want to kill Senya so I wound up with Arcann. Sure, he's 'redeemed' now and ick romanceable, but I don't want a crazy ***** with me if my original Jaesa was rainbows and unicorns.