The 6.0 Expansion has been confirmed!

Eshvara

It's GREATLY disappointing it's not going to be knights.dot.dot.dot

I really liked the alliance - the only structure in the galaxy with kind of sane attitude. the rest-reps or Imps are just lunatics in their own way. Great work done by Commander to transcend the differences and great effort invested into alliance will be lost, just because some stupid fans (who think it's always should be reps-imps war) didn't like the idea

Personally, I didn't mind the alliance. I minded that KotFEET happened at all, because the story didn't work for SWTOR, the pacing throughout was bad, there wasn't much, if any, chance to explore areas surrounding the endless corridor runs.

There were so many problems and missed opportunities and weirdness going on in KotFEET that to me, anything else will probably be better. Going back to Imp vs Rep certainly doesn't have to be the only option, but it's probably the one that will make the most players happy. Makes sense for the devs to choose to do that.

Of course, if it turns out to actually be a good idea remains to be seen. It depends entirely on how they do it.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how they want to return 6.0 to the origin (Imp vs Rep.). The alliance simply dissolves. "We have an alliance formed, have now but tired and return to everyday life." What happens to our character then? Just a little servant again or will he be Chancellor / Emperor? Everything else does not make sense ... :confused::confused:

Or we stay an alliance and support the side we have chosen on Iokath. Does not mean, however, for some, no entering of their own beginning worlds and Co. I mean such a Jedi who now works with the Imps if you do not want to see Tython. Unless you happily ignore the story.

Personally, I didn't mind the alliance. I minded that KotFEET happened at all, because the story didn't work for SWTOR, the pacing throughout was bad, there wasn't much, if any, chance to explore areas surrounding the endless corridor runs.

There were so many problems and missed opportunities and weirdness going on in KotFEET that to me, anything else will probably be better. Going back to Imp vs Rep certainly doesn't have to be the only option, but it's probably the one that will make the most players happy. Makes sense for the devs to choose to do that.

Of course, if it turns out to actually be a good idea remains to be seen. It depends entirely on how they do it.

Why it would make most of players happy? It's not like with the alliance in the picture anything else but the storyline was changed.

I wonder how they want to return 6.0 to the origin (Imp vs Rep.). The alliance simply dissolves. "We have an alliance formed, have now but tired and return to everyday life." What happens to our character then? Just a little servant again or will he be Chancellor / Emperor? Everything else does not make sense ... :confused::confused:

Or we stay an alliance and support the side we have chosen on Iokath. Does not mean, however, for some, no entering of their own beginning worlds and Co. I mean such a Jedi who now works with the Imps if you do not want to see Tython. Unless you happily ignore the story.

You miss another option: the character will end up dead (like Sheppard in Mass Effect) or will simply disappear to "may be return one day" with his most trusted friends

But the alliance, that was built as a political and military power with such a large effort will be gone/dissolved/absorbed into and that saddens me and upsets me

I have started to play SWTOR just a year ago, brought some friends into. I like SW in general. I am proud NOOB! Fresh blood into the game so many chant as "finished"

I do not like the idea of the galaxy being envisioned by a group of narrow-minded (yes, exactly that! Sorry), who think it should be 3000 years of battle between Sith and Jedi. It is simply impossible

Also improbable, that such a structure as an alliance would fall down right after it reached heights of it's power .

It could within generation or more, but not immediately

But the reason for the alliance was to defeat a common enemy, now that threat has either joined you or died.

Now the enemy is the Empire or Republic and Theron Shan, even without the Eternal Fleet, the Alliance has sufficient forces to combat one of them with the help of the other.

I do not like the idea of the galaxy being envisioned by a group of narrow-minded (yes, exactly that! Sorry), who think it should be 3000 years of battle between Sith and Jedi.

Agreed.

Edited by pazzakey

Why it would make most of players happy? It's not like with the alliance in the picture anything else but the storyline was changed.

Because that's what a lot of players have been asking for.

I saw in your next post that you started playing SWTOR a year or so ago, so you have probably not seen all the discussions about it on the forum. There's been a lot of posts about it in various threads. especially when the content of KotFEET has been discussed.

Because that's what a lot of players have been asking for.

I saw in your next post that you started playing SWTOR a year or so ago, so you have probably not seen all the discussions about it on the forum. There's been a lot of posts about it in various threads. especially when the content of KotFEET has been discussed.

How many of those players left and how many of them ask the same now?

I didn't see much

Yes the turn was quite unexpected from the "good old jedi-good and sith-bad guys", But that what gave this game a meaning and distinguished it ffrom many others

Now the enemy is the Empire or Republic and Theron Shan, even without the Eternal Fleet, the Alliance has sufficient forces to combat one of them with the help of the other.

Or WITHOUT! Both suck (pardon my French) So alliance should combat them both

See I don't know how familiar you are with SW, but in KOTOR2 Kreia tries to destroy BOTH Jedi and Sith, claiming galaxy is better off without those lunatics

In "Last Jedi" Yoda brings Jedi time to an end.

Jedi think that they have last claim on the true perception of the Force and it is not true

So do the Sith and they are wrong as well

Alliance is the only structure in this galaxy and timeline to be able to combine both sides and thus act in balance

And BTW: Theron might very well be double agent-In cinematic of Copaero, HE is the one that allows the alliance to receive transcript of him talking to his "new boss". Unless, of course, it's a trap to destroy both alliance and zildrogs (which could be opening to this new "Imp-Rep" ****)

Edited by MichaelIoffe

One thing I'd love is proper separate stories between the factions, but I suspect that is expecting too much.

Personally I'd probably prefer a story twice as long but be very similar between the two sides, a la Makeb.

Certainly though it'd be nice to have two rather than just one planet.

I don't know

Two sides is just too much to bare for 3000 years

It has to be more complicated. Has to be something in the middle

And Alliance commander, who is now master of both Light and Dark is a perfect one for it

Technically it's closer to 20,000 years that this same tired old war has been going on. With no one getting the upper hand for long. You'd think, before now, someone would have had the sense to say "enough is enough" and either sat the two parties down or just walked away. How can a war be fought if the soldiers find something better to do? With the Alliance, I was hoping that would be an option, but alas, no. We have parts of both factions who are sick of the crap, but the leaders are gun ho for more :rolleyes:

Technically it's closer to 20,000 years that this same tired old war has been going on. With no one getting the upper hand for long. You'd think, before now, someone would have had the sense to say "enough is enough" and either sat the two parties down or just walked away. How can a war be fought if the soldiers find something better to do? With the Alliance, I was hoping that would be an option, but alas, no. We have parts of both factions who are sick of the crap, but the leaders are gun ho for more :rolleyes:

Technically 20000 befre those events the Rakkata empire was still alive and kicking:) So timeline is not accurate, but after Rakkata there was an ideological conflict between dark Jedi and light Jedi, that resulted in a war, and driving Ajunta Pan and his followers away (there weren't even lightsabers then :) ). Then dak jedi and light jedi evolved sepparately untill Naga Sadow. And AFTER that again a period of calm (while Sith Emperor knows about republic and parallel to Dromund Kaas develops Zakuul) till Mandalorian wars and Revan...

I think there should be a third power in a galaxy, at least for this specific period, if already started.

Even at new republic era-the prequel movie episodes, republic isn't solid structure-there are powers, like trade federation, that even wage wars on neighboring planets:)

So in THIS era, it simply must be

OK BIOWARE - stop destroying good game for a change!

Does Bioware not get people are getting sick of companions turning into cardboard cut outs after being killed off? Especially when they are love interest? *Sigh* I feel like LGBTQ+ are just getting kicked in the nuts right now cause straights kept their vanilla companions for years that they had a relationship with while Lana has been the only one staying, any male love interest has been getting removed from the game, Cytharat was written out at the end of ROTHC and now we may lose Theron?! We already lost Koth, not that I was interested in him and gaining an ugly scarred up cyborg that some people wanted to romance who could probably accidently rip your **** off with that arm of his is no substitue as there’s no guarentee it will progress any further than that alert, Bioware has given us no indications that any of our love interest that were kill options will continue in the story as choices have never mattered, every time an edge lord gets a damn kill that’s the choice that matters and everyone else suffers for it. Theron being allowed to be killed will be step too far for me but Bioware doesn’t give a damn as per usual. Edited by DarthEnrique

Does Bioware not get people are getting sick of companions turning into cardboard cut outs after being killed off? Especially when they are love interest? *Sigh* I feel like LGBTQ+ are just getting kicked in the nuts right now cause straights kept their vanilla companions for years that they had a relationship with while Lana has been the only one staying, any male love interest has been getting removed from the game, Cytharat was written out at the end of ROTHC and now we may lose Theron?! We already lost Koth, not that I was interested in him and gaining an ugly scarred up cyborg that some people wanted to romance who could probably accidently rip your **** off with that arm of his is no substitue as there’s no guarentee it will progress any further than that alert, Bioware has given us no indications that any of our love interest that were kill options will continue in the story as choices have never mattered, every time an edge lord gets a damn kill that’s the choice that matters and everyone else suffers for it. Theron being allowed to be killed will be step too far for me but Bioware doesn’t give a damn as per usual.

Quite a few people are upset, but then after the latest stream some are feeling some hope again that Theron Shan may not be getting a kill option.

Check out JennyFlynn's thread, for more information. :)

I would like to know how they are going to handle the return to the republic vs. empire due to the fact that a lot of people choose the opposite side and I know for a fact the empire would not be forgiving or trusting even with a sith that supported the republic and I doubt the republic would feel any different. I know that my sorceress and my agent both supported the republic over the empire.

Another problem is my sorceress is empress and I doubt she is going to be willing to be a "lackey" again to either group. I don't care what you say, going back is a step down for those that chose the empress and you cannot just "sweep" all that away but knowing BW that is what they are going to do.

While yes I have seen people clamor for the return to republic vs. empire I have also seen just as many argue over the issue wanting an option to remain in the alliance but as normal those people are ignored because it isn't what we want that matters.

I have absolutely no trust in their ability to write anymore. Why? Take a look at the companion stories, horrible writing. Take a look at the last story they have done, Horrible. So I seriously doubt the story is going to be any better. They had great stories but lately their performance has been horrible.

Quite a few people are upset, but then after the latest stream some are feeling some hope again that Theron Shan may not be getting a kill option.

Check out JennyFlynn's thread, for more information. :)

Better be a kill option, this guy has done far too much damage to simply be forgiven.

Technically 20000 befre those events the Rakkata empire was still alive and kicking:) So timeline is not accurate, but after Rakkata there was an ideological conflict between dark Jedi and light Jedi, that resulted in a war, and driving Ajunta Pan and his followers away (there weren't even lightsabers then :) ). Then dak jedi and light jedi evolved sepparately untill Naga Sadow. And AFTER that again a period of calm (while Sith Emperor knows about republic and parallel to Dromund Kaas develops Zakuul) till Mandalorian wars and Revan...

I think there should be a third power in a galaxy, at least for this specific period, if already started.

Even at new republic era-the prequel movie episodes, republic isn't solid structure-there are powers, like trade federation, that even wage wars on neighboring planets:)

So in THIS era, it simply must be

OK BIOWARE - stop destroying good game for a change!

They have to ruin a good game to get in on the generic shooters! EA must do this! Seriously, though, thanks for the breakdown. I am wondering where Obi Wan got his 1000 generation line. I know that the movies are almost 4000 years after this game, but that's still close to 20k, if you go by 20 or 25 years per generation. He could have been exaggerating. I know I've heard the 20k year war thing somewhere, else, too. I wish I could remember where

I'm hoping there will be NO kill option for Theron, or any future LIs. It sucks when you choose to spare someone because you want them around, but because someone else wanted to kill them you lose them regardless of the choice you make.

I'm also hoping there will be an option to remain with the Alliance and that we'll simply be given a choice to go back to our original factions, or remain with the Alliance and choose to support Pub or Imp. If they don't offer the Alliance option they're just railroading people again, and there are so many complications to going back to strictly Pub vs. Imp.

Better be a kill option, this guy has done far too much damage to simply be forgiven.

You edgelords are disgusting. If you get to kill Theron then I should be allowed to kill Jaesa so that way all those who romanced her get a cardboard cut out as well, only fair.

Edited by DarthEnrique

You edgelords are disgusting. If you get to kill Theron then I should be allowed to kill Jaesa so that way all those who romanced her get a cardboard cut out as well, only fair.

All the killable companions up until this point have died for less than the stunts Theron accomplished during his betrayel. Traitor or not, He's too much of a rogue element for me, he got his death certificate the moment he shot Lana, he then signed it when he gave the whackjobs the location of whatever is on Nathema.

I'm hoping there will be NO kill option for Theron, or any future LIs. It sucks when you choose to spare someone because you want them around, but because someone else wanted to kill them you lose them regardless of the choice you make.

Agreed. It's getting old that the edgelords are getting their way while the rest of us suffer for it and lose our LIs cause of this, as I said there is no guarantee that those who just romanced Arcann will get any further interactions with him as Koth, Kaliyo, Jorgan, etc. have all proven that the kill option just ends up with you only getting mail if you didn't kill them.

I'm also hoping there will be an option to remain with the Alliance and that we'll simply be given a choice to go back to our original factions, or remain with the Alliance and choose to support Pub or Imp. If they don't offer the Alliance option they're just railroading people again, and there are so many complications to going back to strictly Pub vs. Imp.

Yeah I'd like to keep the alliance after all this.

Paul, you are an wonderful enigma. Kill Theron, but spares Arcann and want Vaylin as a LI. Not complaining or have anything against it, but I have somehow come to find that contradiction somewhat loveable about you :D

Edited by Cowoline

Paul, you are an wonderful enigma. Kill Theron, but spares Arcann and want Vaylin as a LI. Not complaining or have anything against it, but I have somehow come to find that contradiction something loveable about you :D

I thought I was helping Senya, I didn't know I was going to get lumbered with Arcann! I still think having him walk free is going to cause me more bad than good ... or rather should be causing more bad than good!

I don't want Vaylin as a LI, I want her as my murderous right hand man ... woman! Do you know how many people I've got to kill?!

Love you too! :p

Edited by Paulsutherland

I thought I was helping Senya, I didn't know I was going to get lumbered with Arcann! I still think having him walk free is going to cause me more bad than good ... or rather should be causing more bad than good!

I don't want Vaylin as a LI, I want her as my murderous right hand man ... woman! Do you know how many people I've got to kill?!

Love you too! :p

Muderous henchwoman! I like it! Personally I'd rather want Acina for that though. You hear me BioWare?! Let me romance her already! My SA has been flirting with her since the dreadseeds! :D