The 6.0 Expansion has been confirmed!

Eshvara

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They said, the cannot say it on stream, due to the fact, that we would be able to conclude the story development, if they reveal it. So, in fact, that have said nothing of value regarding this question.

Ah, so none of the devs actually said "you might be able to kill Theron" it was just them not answering the question because it would spoil the conclusion and the original poster listed it as a "might" rather than "neither confirmed or denied".

Ah, so none of the devs actually said "you might be able to kill Theron" it was just them not answering the question because it would spoil the conclusion and the original poster listed it as a "might" rather than "neither confirmed or denied".

Awesome. Let us hope this holds true. As it looks now there is no rational reason to kill Theron.

Awesome. Let us hope this holds true. As it looks now there is no rational reason to kill Theron.

Except if its true and we are going back to republic vrs imperial I cant see Theron ever backing the empire for any reason. He is republic loyal.

I only hope that all LS chars have the option to follow the republic, if they started out as imperial originally or not. The same for DS chars backing the empire.

Maybe then if it is splitting into two stories, Theron could still be a major player on the republic side but killable if you side empire.

Edited by Suzsi

Except if its true and we are going back to republic vrs imperial I cant see Theron ever backing the empire for any reason. He is republic loyal.

I only hope that all LS chars have the option to follow the republic, if they started out as imperial originally or not. The same for DS chars backing the empire.

Maybe then if it is splitting into two stories, Theron could still be a major player on the republic side.

He was willing to

kill his own father for you. Not to mention that the republic tried to murder you.

He will stay with you no matter what.

And I resent that. Most of my characters are light side and I prefer the empire :D my guess is that it probably comes back to the choices made on iokath.

He was willing to

kill his own father for you. Not to mention that the republic tried to murder you.

He will stay with you no matter what.

And I resent that. Most of my characters are light side and I prefer the empire :D my guess is that it probably comes back to the choices made on iokath.

I did say option. Not forced but a choice to side one way or the other for all chars. No way my agent, who became a double agent for the republic ever wants to go back to the empire now.

I did say option. Not forced but a choice to side one way or the other for all chars. No way my agent, who became a double agent for the republic ever wants to go back to the empire now.

The republic is deeply flawed too though and in many ways just as corrupt as the Empire. But in regards to Theron, they are not going to take him away from anyone, who romanced him. I think its safe to assume that both he and Lana stays with you. Through this entire thing, it has been clear that their loyalty was to you and not any faction - even though they might have preferences.

"Might be able to kill Theron" doesn't mean "You CAN kill Theron." This is just a fancy way of saying, "We won't tell you because ~spoilers~"

As for WANTING to kill him, I get it. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to, nor do I want to see him killed. But no matter how heavy handed the story's been with Theron being a double agent (they might as well have had a blinking sign with an arrow over his said saying "Not really a traitor") our CHARACTERS aren't privy to this information. We, as players, saw the cut scene. Our characters on the other hand are still "left in the dark."

I mean, my agent would be about 98.9% sure of what's going on, but I highly doubt BW even remembers what the agents really are let alone their class story so they won't be given any amount of respect or justice towards their intellect and knowledge on "How 2 B a Spai."

The republic is deeply flawed too though and in many ways just as corrupt as the Empire.

What does "corrupt" mean to you in this context?

From my point of view, it can't mean moral corruption. For all the Republic's flaws, it has far more respect for the rights and dignity of the ordinary person than the Empire.

Maybe then if it is splitting into two stories, Theron could still be a major player on the republic side but killable if you side empire.

I suppose it depends if he really is fed up with the Republic's s*** enough to work with the empire, more to the point would Lana wanna work against the Empire? I can only assume we'll either be working with whichever faction to deal with a greater threat (ala the Revan DLC) so it won't be too much of an issue OR everyone is going to go back to their respective factions and perhaps we'll call on them occasionally as contacts.

I suppose it depends if he really is fed up with the Republic's s*** enough to work with the empire, more to the point would Lana wanna work against the Empire? I can only assume we'll either be working with whichever faction to deal with a greater threat (ala the Revan DLC) so it won't be too much of an issue OR everyone is going to go back to their respective factions and perhaps we'll call on them occasionally as contacts.

It's not so bad if it remains Alliance allied to one of them, since neither had many issues with your choice in the end past advising their previous faction as allies. The questions here really start if the Alliance gets dissolved, we know it's rep vs imp but that started on Ioakth and will just become the focus again and I hope the choice on Iokath was the choice to choose your side because if not there's a ton of handwaving to do about a Empire toon turning against the Empire in the war on Iokath, killing their empress and suddenly being on that side again for example. Doesn't make sense, though sticking with Iokath choice does make sense.

Edited by Asmodesu

Resubscribed, for 2 months based on an announced expansion that isn't "knights of the ... part 3".

I still need this expansion to feature a planet that actually matters in Star Wars lore. There will be 4 recent movies worth of new planets to pick from by then, many of which have a blank slate for some backstory like the planetary arcs at launch.

What does "corrupt" mean to you in this context?

From my point of view, it can't mean moral corruption. For all the Republic's flaws, it has far more respect for the rights and dignity of the ordinary person than the Empire.

As in warmongering politicians and military officials taking power by any means necessary. Bribery, extorsions, murder, manipulation and oh yes capatilising on war and even contemplating genocide.

Slavery and racism aside, they really aren't that different.

Don't get me wrong, the empire is not "the good guy", but the republic differs very little in its dealings with the empire. There is no light or dark side in this scenario - just a whole lot of grey.

Edited by Cowoline

I am relieved to hear 5.9 will be followed up by a 5.10, that more story is still in the works and that an expansion is very much happening. Those are wonderful things.

Personally, I'm also relieved to return to Empire vs. Republic, however, I do feel for those who would prefer to stay with their Alliance at this point and I would hate to see them lose that.

The vagueness surrounding a kill option for Theron, which to me sounded like a 'yes', leaves me uneasy. Yet another LI who'll bite the dust and become likely to vanish from future content. I really wish they'd quit doing that.