What happened to the other classes that aren't the "Outlander"?

TheRandomWolf

This has been troubling me for a while. What are the odds that eight impactful individuals managed to disappear over the course of five to six years? It's been pretty much established that all the Class Stories are canon and that the Jedi Knight, the Barsen'thor, the Grand Champion, Havoc's Major and the rest are canon to the TOR storyline and that they disappeared after the Outlander was deemed missing / captured.

My question now is... how? I understand why. It's a mechanic to avoid issues with the KOTFE/KOTET storyline and an excuse to disperse as many companions as possible, but let's try to find a reason as to why this would happen. Is it possible that Arcann saw these individuals as a threat and decided to put an end to them? Perhaps they perished during a mission or simply ran away? I would like to know your thoughts on it.

Edited by TheRandomWolf

I doubt most of the companions we encountered would abandon them just like that.One of my biggest dreams is a chance to encounter a different character that we do own in another's playthrough. Doubt that will ever happen, though. Edited by TheRandomWolf

I have a few ways of thinking about this. My personal head-canon in the case of my first eight characters is that all eight were on Darth Marr's ship, but only one was brought by Arcann to Valkorion. Then all eight were put into carbonite, but only one was rescued by Lana (the one who met Valkorion was kept in a location easier for her to reach, maybe). Off-screen, the others have been rescued subsequently and are helping or working against the Alliance in various ways (depending on their personalities and their reactions to unfolding events). Edited by Estelindis

It's been pretty much established that all the Class Stories are canon

It has not been established to my satisfaction.

In the larger Star Wars universe as well as in the game, NONE of the class stories are canon, since in fact none of them is sufficiently specific to be "definitive".(1) Examples:

Trooper:

Did the trooper kill General Rakton in the room on Corellia? Did he accept or reject the prisoner exchange? Who did he choose on A-77? What did he do to Tavus?

Sith Warrior:

Did the warrior choke Quinn or just casually forgive him?

Smuggler:

Did the smuggler kill Ivory or employ him? Did the smuggler kill Syreena?

Consular:

Did the Consular save the people or the medical records on Taris? Did the Consular spare or kill Vivicar? The First Son?

And so on. Some of these are only important if you follow the details of a story, but some affect the outcome in a way that should be visible from outside the story (e.g. is Rakton alive?). So there's no way any of them is definitive, except at the broadest of broad-strokes levels.

(1) Notice that I'm not appealing to the question of EU versus Disneycanon versus the different grades of Lucascanon here, merely the question of what "canon" means in an abstract sense.

And in the context of the original question:

If there was someone who followed the Agent story's narrative while my Trooper was running around, there's no direct evidence of it(2). There is substantial evidence that in some cases, one or more of the other stories was not remotely followed:

In the Doc story, at one point fairly late in the story (definitely after the end of Chapter Two, and I believe, in fact, after the JK begins Voss), Doc fetches Kaliyo to the ship and she stays there while Doc attends to Nem'ro's disease. Nothing in that conversations suggests that Kaliyo ever stopped working for Nem'ro in the JK's version of the universe.

(2) To be sure, when Kaliyo joins a non-Agent after Chapter X, her "N" panel entry says that she worked for/with someone called "Cipher Nine", but nothing in that text says that she and C9 did that big list of things that is the Agent story. Similarly, there is no direct indication in other class stories of why the Chancellor at the beginning of Chapter Three is not the Chancellor at the end of Chapter Three, partly of course because *if* the Bounty Hunter story also takes place in parallel with the story, *then* the old chancellor doesn't have one definitive fate. (He doesn't have one definitive state *in* the BH story, so of course he can't have one in a non-BH's universe.)

Overall, then, I would have to say that "all eight stories are canon" is just not true.

Maybe these characters are merely forms of an single entity - in-universe ?

Although only one of the eight can be the Outlander they all exist in each other's playthroughs. During the class stories there are occasional references to events from the class stories not being played. The Emperor is always defeated by the Jedi Knight for instance, even when you aren't playing the Jedi Knight. It is mentioned during the Sith Warrior class story. I believe it also comes up in Shadow of Revan regardless of class.

The Jedi Consular companion Zenith also makes reference to the Agent story on Balmorra. Zenith was part of the resistance cell that the Agent breaks up and Zenith's mentor was Gray Star, an enemy boss encounter for the Agent on Balmorra. Zenith mentions it in conversation with the Consular.

There are more IIRC, it has just been awhile and I can't recall them.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Although only one of the eight can be the Outlander they all exist in each other's playthroughs. During the class stories there are occasional references to events from the class stories not being played. The Emperor is always defeated by the Jedi Knight for instance, even when you aren't playing the Jedi Knight. It is mentioned both during the Sith Warrior class story. I believe it also comes up in Shadow of Revan regardless of class.

The Jedi Consular companion Zenith also makes reference to the Agent story on Balmorra. Zenith was part of the resistance cell that the Agent breaks up Zenith's mentor was Gray Star, an enemy boss encounter for the Agent on Balmorra. Zenith mentions it in conversation with the Consular.

Wasn't the consular the "last" one in the story? If I recall correctly, the consular was fixing everyone's "mess"?

If you want to call it that.:rak_03:

Some class story antagonists (like Jadus or Srar Cabal) are mentioned as possible forces behind betrayal in the Alliance. Vette makes a lot of references to Drayen and Risha from Smug story. Knight story references both Agent (Kalyio appearing) and BH (Skadge unknowingly foiling Doc's plans) stories.

Wasn't the consular the "last" one in the story? If I recall correctly, the consular was fixing everyone's "mess"?

If you want to call it that.:rak_03:

Consular seems to happen shortly after Saresh was elected. You even meet her predecessor at some point. Other classes are only aware of Saresh from start to end.

I always thought that in game canon, they are all supposed to be part of Marr's group and thus are all killed in action. The fact that they specifically mention that both Imperial and Alliance ships are in the group would make it possible for all 8 classes to technically be there.

When you recruit Talos Drelik he specifically mentions that the person he used to work for disappeared. I cant' remember if any of the other companions say something, but he does.

ETA: I'm pretty sure that all the companions' biographies also refer to their former masters having vanished. Off the top of my head, I know Vette's and T701's bios make reference to their working with the Wrath and Hero of Tython before they disappeared.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

In my own head they didn't die they're just doing other things not involving the alliance, but that's just me and what I like to think. :)

Where does that leave their companions that may have died? Do they not care or do they not know?

Honest curiosity. :) While I don't headcanon myself, I am sometimes curious about those who do!!:p:D

In my own head they didn't die they're just doing other things not involving the alliance, but that's just me and what I like to think. :)

Same, mine are out on their own far from galactic politics but keeping in touch with their companions and not in the Alliance at all. Just like the only vague info we received was - the rest have gone missing or can't be found.

When they actually do KotFE+ it's only a "now what would happen if they were the commander" thing for me.

I always thought that in game canon, they are all supposed to be part of Marr's group and thus are all killed in action. The fact that they specifically mention that both Imperial and Alliance ships are in the group would make it possible for all 8 classes to technically be there.

When you recruit Talos Drelik he specifically mentions that the person he used to work for disappeared. I cant' remember if any of the other companions say something, but he does.

ETA: I'm pretty sure that all the companions' biographies also refer to their former masters having vanished. Off the top of my head, I know Vette's and T701's bios make reference to their working with the Wrath and Hero of Tython before they disappeared.

Jorgan mentions his CO vanished after Yavin if you aren't a soldier. It was during the conversation in his introduction chapter in FE. Kalayio talks about a friend she used to run around with (I always assumed it was the Agent).

i personally think the whole Alliance story is just the Jedi Knight as there the ones that killed the emperor and found out he is still alive and sent on the mission to find him with the whole Revan and ziost thing.

all the other characters just progressed in there ending, Havoc went on to other missions and got dissolved by the senate and just went there own ways, the smuggler had his fleet and just went pirating, agent is trying to redo or re-create intelligence, the sith warrior is still carrying on the whole wrath thing somewhere else, the consular is probably trying to protect the jedi council on coruscant or helping rebuild typhon, the sorcerer is the only dark council member left and trying to re-create that behind acinas back.

somthing simler with characters i've missed But i do think this whole arcan / eternal alliance emperor valkorian is solely the Jedi knights story as it fits the knights story better, also makes sense why T701 is a main character sent to rescue the character with Lana as how else did Lana get a Republic droid in the first pace.

thats my take anyways

Edited by Morvoldo