What happened to the other classes that aren't the "Outlander"?

TheRandomWolf

Lack of budget, I assume.

KotFE/ET was originally supposed to contain 8 unique class stories, with each of the eight classes approaching the narrative of KotFE/ET in their own way. But that got scrapped for the one size fits all and the whole frozen in carbonite for five years idea was a quick and easy way to replace all that work and cover up any potential loopholes.

Edited by ForfiniteStories

i personally think the whole Alliance story is just the Jedi Knight as there the ones that killed the emperor and found out he is still alive and sent on the mission to find him with the whole Revan and ziost thing.

all the other characters just progressed in there ending, Havoc went on to other missions and got dissolved by the senate and just went there own ways, the smuggler had his fleet and just went pirating, agent is trying to redo or re-create intelligence, the sith warrior is still carrying on the whole wrath thing somewhere else, the consular is probably trying to protect the jedi council on coruscant or helping rebuild typhon, the sorcerer is the only dark council member left and trying to re-create that behind acinas back.

somthing simler with characters i've missed But i do think this whole arcan / eternal alliance emperor valkorian is solely the Jedi knights story as it fits the knights story better, also makes sense why T701 is a main character sent to rescue the character with Lana as how else did Lana get a Republic droid in the first pace.

thats my take anyways

If a another Star Wars RPG or MMO gets made eventually that takes place in the immediate aftermath of SWTOR, I have little doubt that the Jedi Knight will be made the "canon" Outlander, if the game needs to make one canon to progress it's story, similar to how we got canon versions of Revan & the Jedi Exile in subsequent games.

No other class better fits the KotFE or KOTET story than the Jedi Knight, so much so that a lot of people have speculated whether much of it was written with the Jedi Knight in mind.

If a another Star Wars RPG or MMO gets made eventually that takes place in the immediate aftermath of SWTOR, I have little doubt that the Jedi Knight will be made the "canon" Outlander, if the game needs to make one canon to progress it's story, similar to how we got canon versions of Revan & the Jedi Exile in subsequent games.

No other class better fits the KotFE or KOTET story than the Jedi Knight, so much so that a lot of people have speculated whether much of it was written with the Jedi Knight in mind.

exactly my thoughts when i played my Knight through it, though first did it on my consular though lol but the Knight just seemed to fit better as of valkorians reference to them killing him on koriban.

but after this iokath and the war re-starting i think the alliance will be disbanded and all powers given to whichever group the player sided with But without the eternal fleet as i can see that being destroyed in further story lines, as 1 faction cannot have that powerful fleet under there control

Edited by Morvoldo

KotFE/ET was originally supposed to contain 8 unique class stories, with each of the eight classes approaching the narrative of KotFE/ET in their own way. But that got scrapped for the one size fits all and the whole frozen in carbonite for five years idea was a quick and easy way to replace all that work and cover up any potential loopholes.

This is pretty much an open secret. - That lack of will and budget killed any attempt at the other class stories making any sense. - And even then the JK story has huge holes in it.

the Emperor, The Gravestone, SCORPIO, Marr's capture, 5 years in carbonite, companions not really remembering you.....&c &c the list is quite extensive.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

This is pretty much an open secret. - That lack of will and budget killed any attempt at the other class stories making any sense. - And even then the JK story has huge holes in it.

the Emperor, The Gravestone, SCORPIO, Marr's capture, 5 years in carbonite, companions not really remembering you.....&c &c the list is quite extensive.

this sums it up completely as If lana can find you why couldn't any of your companions or if they found out lana was on your trail surly some would of joined her rescue attempt, hence knight only story only T7 joins, there was way too many holes and even when you met your old companions its just like "Oh its you where have you been" no Hug, no affection even from companion mates as it should of been "WOW your alive (hug) sort of thing, but we get nothing even the resent meeting with some theirs hardly nothing, if pub and imps found there way to odession (spelling sorry) so should of they.

its what annoyed me but if we want new story in swtor we gotta do this plot hole after 2 goes boring story line with the same choices and conversations, my smuggler was a funny guy in this he wasent the same guy i liked, no jokes or anything.

Edited by Morvoldo

Actually, it kind of cheers me up that they HAD a plan that actually sounded good, and KOTFE/ET was the crappy, lazy thing they came up with when their real plan fell through. It's so much worse to think that the expansions turned out how they wanted.

Actually, it kind of cheers me up that they HAD a plan that actually sounded good, and KOTFE/ET was the crappy, lazy thing they came up with when their real plan fell through. It's so much worse to think that the expansions turned out how they wanted.

Good point

I've come to terms with the fact they're all dead. I have my main class (and a main character sort of but class is more important than an individual toon) and so, every alt I have who isn't a warrior is dead.

Though that explanation doesn't quite fit either because if anyone but the warrior showed up to Marr's ship that day, I sure didn't see them. Maybe they were late and got caught in fighting afterwards.

It seems as though there are a bunch of ships there, when you see the battle outside Marr's ship. So I always assume that Marr just wanted to talk to the player character (because they would be the Special One who vanquished Revan in that playthrough) and the others were just blown away in their ships.

I know they usually go with the Jedi Knight as the 'canon' but I think it could fit seamlessly with either the JK or Sith Warrior. Both had a special association of some kind with the Emperor, they are mirror classes of each other and the strongest in their factions, so Valkorion might have seen either of them as attractive targets.

I have a few ways of thinking about this. My personal head-canon in the case of my first eight characters is that all eight were on Darth Marr's ship, but only one was brought by Arcann to Valkorion. Then all eight were put into carbonite, but only one was rescued by Lana (the one who met Valkorion was kept in a location easier for her to reach, maybe). Off-screen, the others have been rescued subsequently and are helping or working against the Alliance in various ways (depending on their personalities and their reactions to unfolding events).
I like the first part! But I’ll modify the last: they are still in carbonite. This better explains why NONE of the companions shows any desire to leave the Alliance to rejoin their mate.**

** […Well, this works until the end of KotET, but then presumably someone would say “uh, we found a bunch of stiffs in carbonite, maybe we should thaw them?”]

I like the first part! But I’ll modify the last: they are still in carbonite. This better explains why NONE of the companions shows any desire to leave the Alliance to rejoin their mate.**

** […Well, this works until the end of KotET, but then presumably someone would say “uh, we found a bunch of stiffs in carbonite, maybe we should thaw them?”]

yeah i actually like this idea that all the other characters are still frozen in carbonite But Not dieing from poisoning as only the character being rescued had the failed freezing or it only fails because of valkorians power inside you, and all the others are still on Zakull in the museum around the rescued character as we was surrounded by others in carbonite just above us, maby thats the other mains.

as all the old mains companions all state there guy/girl disappeared.

but i still think the knights the main one.

Lets hope they write a good explanation for where they have been for the next story.

ETA: I'm pretty sure that all the companions' biographies also refer to their former masters having vanished..

as all the old mains companions all state there guy/girl disappeared.

Ahh, but do they?

Between my 3 Outlanders, I checked all the companions they've gathered. ALL say something about their non-Outlander boss "missing/disappeared/vanished" ... except ... The Smuggler!

Neither Bowdaar or Guss mention the smuggler at all. Do Risha/Corso say anything to indicate otherwise? Oversight? Or clue that the Smuggler is/was supposed to have some different role in the story?

Amen to that.

I have my own story about what happened to two of the other classes. To understand them, you have to remember the final class mission bits we got on Rishi.

Smuggler

You meet one of the ladies you met during your journeys and she is about to buy (or sell?) some tickets for a secret spaceship trip to safety, because rumours of some dangerous stuff on the horizon kept rising. I don't remember the exact story. There are surely videos on YT. The smuggler decides to decline her offer to join her. However, some time later, the smuggler changes his/her mind and joins after all. Who knows where this spaceship has gone to. They are safe though. Somewhere in a galaxy, far, faw away.

Inquisitor

The class mission on Rishi was very interesting. However, absolutely nothing happened about it. They teased some secret in the Rishi Maze galaxy (I believe). Was it about immortality or something like that? Either way, whatever it was, the Inquisitor eventually decided to leave our galaxy and flew to Rishi Maze to solve the riddles there.

Those ideas are only representing my own head-canon. I like them. Much better than just saying that they died.

I believe that the trooper, agent and one of the Jedi classes has no possibility to get out of the story thanks to the class mission finals. The rest I don't remember.