Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update

KeithKanneg

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a problem with this one. If you killed Scorpio that is not possible as you killed her before she could do that. There are people who took that option so that option is only available for those that let Scorpio live.

But, even if you killed Scorpio she's already been uploaded to the Eternal Fleet via her fake-death in an earlier chapter.

That's the beauty of using Scorpio, she's has been uploaded into the system at some point or other - regardless of player choices.

So the Kill Her / Let Her Live choice is irrelevant - and could be a minor retcon for her attempting to "boost" the virus.

All The Best

Edited by DarthSpuds

1) SCORPIO melding with the Machine on Iokath was an attempt to upload a virus that will significantly weaken or destroy The Gods In The Machine. It has taken time for that virus to infect the whole system. This MUST also be used as a mechanism for taking the Eternal Fleet out of play permanently. As long as the Fleet is active there is no hope any type of "power normality" returning to the Galaxy.

2) RETCON the whole of KotFE/ET/Iokath out of the game - it was all a horrible dream induced by Carbonite Poisoning for an event that we have temporary amnesia about. Our Companions will be the core mechanism for returning The Player to normality and when we achieve that we get back to Empire vs Republic.

1) is clearly the better option in terms of story coherency and player satisfaction.

2) Is probably more realistic in terms of resources available to Bioware.

All The Best

However they do it (and there are a few options - though I like your option 1 - and a retcon isn't necessary), you're right, they need to:

Remove the Eternal Fleet from the board. This can be done in any number of ways, with varying degrees of plausibility. If you want "The Outlander" to do it, then the defeat of all of the Gods From The Machine results in a MacGuffin that disables ALL the Iokath-derived tech (including the Eternal Fleet, the Gravestone, and a chunk of what makes the Alliance a Galactic-level power (see below for why this is necessary)

Remove the Alliance from the board as a galactic-level power. This one is simultaneously very easy and very hard. The easy part is this: remove the vast majority of the Alliance's "actual military" - the Pub and Imp ships and troops that joined up during the War Against The Eternal Empire. They simply ... return home. The hard part is "why." And that can be done with a couple of handwaves - the Alliance can't afford them and their "home" empires have made a "come home, all is forgiven" gesture. Bam - neither the Sith Empire nor the Galactic Republic need care about the Alliance or the Eternal Empire any more, since they are no threat and the one person established to not have a live-and-let-live attitude hasn't been a part of the Galaxy since early in KotET.

"The Outlander" still has Odessen and the Alliance Base, but without the Alliance Fleet, they have to work in the shadows, doing "individual-level" deeds of (in)famy. They're still the greatest (anti)hero the galaxy has ever known, but there's just one of them (and their crew, and a starship or two). And if "wild space" closes around Odessen and only "the outlander" or certain people trained by them can reliably navigate to Odessen due to the bond they've formed with a Force-ppowerful world in KotFE Ch.12, well, that's good for the Outlander to have a secret base.

It's possible to screw up this "now-con" but it would take actual effort.

Hello Keith:

Is there any plans to make the vendors in the cartel bazaar who required cartel marked certificates useable once again? This would be much appreciated as i ran out of certificates long ago and current packs no longer seem to include those items... perhaps inclusion of rep tokens and certificates could drop in command packs at some point...

Thank you for your time....

Fortissimus

Star Forge

Yes - This!

Should be a quick fix too. So many great items with those vendors that would be great to be able to purchase. Maybe even change the cartel coin requirement to command tokens?

If you read his post, you would know that there is not going to be any more conquest schedule.

Yeah I see now, but I don't like that simply because some planets only occur in one event (for example Rishi).

Thank you for showing the roadmap and answering most of the questions.

I am happy that the ending of Therons betrayal is near and that we will see the outcome.

It is great to have more companions back.

I have still some questions though concerning the returning of the companions.

Will it be done storywise or just a dissappointing 2 minute scene?

Further I noticed a very confusing thing when Andronikus came back. I choose to get back with Andronikus based on Therons betrayal. And the next moment my character gets to talk with Theron in his old clothes and make up how I broke his heart?

I am a bit lost at the moment storywise.

And with that I mean the chronological order of when things happen. Obviously Adronikus came back before Therons betrayal?

I have seen it happening with more storylines. For example today my level 48 jedi knight, who has not finished her class quest, already got the crystal ball quest. And the quest giver starts to discuss the ending of my class story. Now I am a vetran and have played many characters from 1 to 70 and done all the classquests, but would it not make more sense to get these "other " quests when you are done with your class quest? Or make an option in your optionsmenu that you only want the follow up quests, after you are done with your class quests?

Also I would like to see an option to turn off your alignment with the dark and lightside, so you can roleplay properly through the quests and let your actions decide if you turn out to be a dark or lightsided character.

And I think this has been asked by many people from the start of the game six years ago, any rewards for neutral people?

What SWTOR TRULY NEEDS is a VENTURE CAPITALIST and FUNDING before we will EVER EVER EVER see a SINGLE THING that any of us truly want.

UNTIL Bioware gets MORE MONEY from EA or an outside source / third party, then NOTHING we want is ever going to happen. THEY ARE IN MAINTENANCE MODE and TOO SCARED to admit it.

EXPECT NO HONESTY NOR straightforward-ness from Bioware on this issue.

And do not expect any new content either. IF THERE WAS going to be anything TRULY NEW (and near-Expansion sized) then they would already have had the staff/manpower and PAY to work on it since LAST YEAR).

But obviously that is not the case anymore. They have already made all the money they could, from us, and maybe THAT ship (of expanding the game) has already sailed.....

SWTOR 2 in the works? I seriously doubt that... :(

Edited by lightningseven

What SWTOR TRULY NEEDS is a VENTURE CAPITALIST and FUNDING before we will EVER EVER EVER see a SINGLE THING that any of us truly want.

UNTIL Bioware gets MORE MONEY from EA or an outside source / third party, then NOTHING we want is ever going to happen. THEY ARE IN MAINTENANCE MODE and TOO SCARED to admit it.

EXPECT NO HONESTY NOR straightforward-ness from Bioware on this issue.

And do not expect any new content either. IF THERE WAS going to be anything TRULY NEW (and near-Expansion sized) then they would already have had the staff/manpower and PAY to work on it since LAST YEAR).

But obviously that is not the case anymore. They have already made all the money they could, from us, and maybe THAT ship (of expanding the game) has already sailed.....

SWTOR 2 in the works? I seriously doubt that... :(

I seem to recall reading somewhere that even if people donated money to them for the game, there would be no guarantee they would apply it to those features we want to see. Right now it seems to be all about Anthem, which is upsetting. I want to give money for this game and have it evolve, not to fund the creation of some Crapshooter I'll never play or care about.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that even if people donated money to them for the game, there would be no guarantee they would apply it to those features we want to see. Right now it seems to be all about Anthem, which is upsetting. I want to give money for this game and have it evolve, not to fund the creation of some Crapshooter I'll never play or care about.

This is true.

Thank you for showing the roadmap and answering most of the questions.

I am happy that the ending of Therons betrayal is near and that we will see the outcome.

uhhhh ... there was NO "roadmap" ... smh

it was an allusion to what should have been a roadmap that we still have not yet received! :(

uhhhh ... there was NO "roadmap" ... smh

it was an allusion to what should have been a roadmap that we still have not yet received! :(

"Producer's Letter." That eliminates any unrealistic expectations that calling something a "roadmap" might have, like directions, overviews, a colorful legend ;) ....

Happy to have seen the post about conquest last week. Any ETA on the augments post? Would love to have it ASAP to know if all efforts of getting 236 augments are any use or we should just hoard our mats/credits waiting for 5.9.

Looks like I might resub before the current sub-time even runs out. Ooor I might wait until April and see if the returning subs are getting the 2-minute cutscene treatment as well, in which case my break will be longer...

Good to see there's more content coming, but I'm honestly not thrilled enough to immediately resub.

I agree with you on this one. I unsubbed as a fed up response for my disappointment in the last companion return seeing the direction they were going. I also do not like the flashpoint/story thing they are doing with the Traitor storyline. I don't like the class specific reunions now. Although, I could see why someone like Corso would never want to work with an empire character, but Andronikas and Risha I would think could care a less as long as they can make some credits. Plus a light sided empire character could also reason with Corso. It's not like it wasn't done before - Vette is pretty light sided and if you make Jaesa light sided, they still stuck around your character even if you went all emo/evil all the time.

I thought the very short reunion and reasons for their absences to be very lame. Now we are heading to Nathema and it sounds like a conclusion and hopefully it is rather than just another flashpoint where we are chasing Theron Shan around. I think I will wait and see before resubbing.

Edited by Swingkittie

"Producer's Letter." That eliminates any unrealistic expectations that calling something a "roadmap" might have, like directions, overviews, a colorful legend ;) ....

This was something a lot smaller, this was a small unsatisfying teaser. I think this was said before we don't have a lot to look forward to this Spring. It just goes to show Anthem has taken all resources and with Anthem being pushed back to 2019 we won't see much till that is out.