"Daily" Areas Now Grant A Weekly Mission And Lose The Area Completion Daily. Why?

Nothing_Shines

So the new interface just removed content from the game.

Where as in the past I could open the galaxy map and fast travel to the planet to pick up the weekly quest, now I open a list and click on that to pick up the quest and get teleported to the location.

So for those really stupid people out there and to spell it out, we have gone from an interactive map to a list. As far as aesthetics and star wars feel it has gone backwards. Any talk of at least I don't need to click until I get the daily quest I wanted is stupid, the quest has been removed. You didn't have to click lots of times to get do the weekly or the heroics, what you were clicking for, that was a quest that gave cxp for completing a number of quests, that quest is gone. So because 20 seconds of clicking was too much they have removed the quest. So all this new interface has done is changed it from clicking on an interactive map, to finding the planet name on a list.

So this new activity window as far as solo content goes is removing content from the game. If thats great and streamlining the game and turning it into lists is a good thing then that makes getting companions from the terminal better than quests to get them back. The game should be enjoyable because it immerses you into the game with cut scenes and quests and travelling to planets, once thats all done away with and you have it to lists that strip back the experience, why even have people complete the quests, streamline it more click on the list item and get the reward. Cause playing the content is too much like work.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

Ok, let's talk about what changed in 5.6 and what is changing in 5.6.1 since they are tied together.

5.6 - In this Game Update we removed the Galactic Command interface from the game along with changing Group Finder to Activity Finder. As a part of this change some Missions were removed from the game as they were explicitly tied into either Galactic Command or Group Finder respectively. This is why the Daily Mission to send you to the those areas is no longer there. The weekly is intended to be the "wrapper" Mission for all of the dailies in that area, which is a change we made coming off of the "bugged" CXP values previously. This was a part of the steps we were taking to re-balance CXP across the game but it was missing one part...

5.6.1 - The lack of that Daily Mission means you actually get less CXP than you did previously from the Daily areas, which is not something we want. In fact, we want you to get a lot more CXP from solo Missions in the game. In Game Update 5.6.1 all of the Planetary Heroic Missions and Daily Area Missions are going to have their CXP rewards tripled to 225 CXP per Mission (up from 75).

Our goal with this change is that both Planetary Heroics and Daily Area Missions are great sources of CXP for solo players. These changes in 5.6.1 along with all of the other increased rewards for both group and solo in Activity Finder means you can gain Command Ranks quicker than ever in whatever activities you choose to play.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

PS – As an added aside… due to a separate change we made, each Planetary Heroic Mission will now also gain the bonus from the “Planetary Heroic Highlight.” Previously this only affected the mission which you gained from Galactic Command.

I loved the Command interface! I really hate hate hate the way it is set up now... an ugly list I also HATE that dailies are gone. The Command interface was fun.. much better system and looked better too than how it is set up now. Now you also need 6 missions to complete instead of 5? Please bring back the original interface.. and Dailies! Thanks.

Edited by Savyl

Hey folks,

Ok, let's talk about what changed in 5.6 and what is changing in 5.6.1 since they are tied together.

5.6.1 - The lack of that Daily Mission means you actually get less CXP than you did previously from the Daily areas, which is not something we want. In fact, we want you to get a lot more CXP from solo Missions in the game. In Game Update 5.6.1 all of the Planetary Heroic Missions and Daily Area Missions are going to have their CXP rewards tripled to 225 CXP per Mission (up from 75).

Our goal with this change is that both Planetary Heroics and Daily Area Missions are great sources of CXP for solo players. These changes in 5.6.1 along with all of the other increased rewards for both group and solo in Activity Finder means you can gain Command Ranks quicker than ever in whatever activities you choose to play.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

PS – As an added aside… due to a separate change we made, each Planetary Heroic Mission will now also gain the bonus from the “Planetary Heroic Highlight.” Previously this only affected the mission which you gained from Galactic Command.

So when is 5.6.1 coming? I thought would be this week and there are no patch notes for 12/5. So that means this won't be fixed anytime soon? I guess there are NO priorities to FIX a BROKEN game? Wow really you have lost your focus on this MMO Devs. It has been over a week since dailies have been nerfed and still no timeline to fix it. Please next time state a timeline to fix it rather than to leave to speculation or do our own research when we think this might be fixed. For real communications is NOT a strength in this MMO.

Please next time state a timeline to fix it rather than to leave to speculation or do our own research when we think this might be fixed. For real communications is NOT a strength in this MMO.

They did state it. Twice.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9471843

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9480134

And then again here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9480973#edit9480973

Edited by Eli_Porter

Here's how it was for me doing CZ-198 on a Tuesday (with the weekly - using approximate CXP reward values)

Click on Daily mission button in GC menu. Press escape when it wasn't the one I wanted. Click button again, press escape again. Rinse-repeat until I get to the one I want and 'teleport' there when I click the mission button.

That mission button granted a daily reward of ~2.5k CXP when it was complete.

Then get the missions from the terminal.

~75cxp each daily mission (4 of them)

~75cxp for "heroic" mission

~13-15k CXP for the weekly mission

Total CXP for the first run of the week granted AROUND 2500+375+14000.....so...depending on bonuses and light vs dark status...anywhere between 15k and 18k. (I'm going from memory, and some of my toons have more bonuses than others).

So now, the daily 2.5k is gone and we're getting an increase of 150*5 to replace it.

Well, that's only 750, to make up for a 2.5k shortfall.

We're still short from the transition from 5.5 to 5.6

I loved the Command interface! I really hate hate hate the way it is set up now... an ugly list I also HATE that dailies are gone. The Command interface was fun.. much better system and looked better too than how it is set up now. Now you also need 6 missions to complete instead of 5? Please bring back the original interface.. and Dailies! Thanks.

come on the planetary dailies interface was a pain in the *** i dont want to get random dailies area i wan the option to choose wich one i wanna do the only inconveniant is the removal of the dailies rewards for the weekly area

come on the planetary dailies interface was a pain in the *** i dont want to get random dailies area i wan the option to choose wich one i wanna do the only inconveniant is the removal of the dailies rewards for the weekly area

I hated the randomness of the previous format too. I love the fact there's a list now. It's what should have been in place since the system was implemented.

Don't forget to take into consideration that the Planetary Heroic Missions also seem to have been adjusted. Coruscant is now 990 for me, down from 1427.......

Edit: Planetary Mission have been adjusted to clarify my last statement.

Edited by MacCleoud

So... the CXP mess is being fixed in 5.6.1 and so is the Copero FP bosses with more HP than Denmark. While I'm glad to hear they are getting addressed. what should I be doing till then... other than checking Steam sales....

I don't think the CXP mess is necessarily getting fixed. I think we are actually coming up short in the long run.

So... the CXP mess is being fixed in 5.6.1 and so is the Copero FP bosses with more HP than Denmark. While I'm glad to hear they are getting addressed. what should I be doing till then... other than checking Steam sales....

It ISN'T getting fixed though (unless they are adding the missing daily bonus missions back in).

The increase from 75 -> 225 for the single daily missions in no way makes up for the loss of the 2.5k daily bonus for the dailies/zones.

I'm still hoping for clarification about this. The change from 75 to 225 alone seems like it's still an overall lowering of CXP gains, compared to pre-5.6 levels. Add to that some Command Crate items become unassembled components when disintegrated, not CXP. Since 5.6 my CXP gains have slowed to a crawl, even on my low (like < CR 50) characters.

I'm not asking to remove the ability to disintegrate Command Crate items for unassembled components. I understand that this (hopefully) helps players looking to obtain high to max rated gear. As a primarily solo player (230s + whatever gear happens to drop from Command Crates works), I have no use for unassembled components. I've started claiming items, instead of disintegrating them for UCs. End result: I'm getting less CXP, and introducing more credits in to the game. Is there a way to give an option when disintegrating Command Crate items with stats -- CXP or unassembled components?

No thank you. I was asking them for months to fix the command interface so I could actually choose the one I want without going through the command interface. I am glad it is gone and I am not the only one so I would rather it not ever be brought back.

The dailies sure but I normally only do the weeklies and then go to another toon and do the weekly on them so I would only do them once.

I didn't realize people actually repeated these on a daily basis without the weekly active, just seems like a very boring activity to repeat day after day. Perhaps the devs share the same mindset.

Why not just do the heroic dailies when you're done with the weeklies?

For me the dailies used to be quick and EASIER...specially if you are a casual. The weeklies involved more time and at times you need to group up with others. Depends on how you see it but weeklies were not worth the hassle and found them boring instead.

Edited by Christie_Swift

For me the dailies used to be quick and EASIER...specially if you are a casual. The weeklies involved more time and at times you need to group up with others. Depends on how you see it but weeklies were not worth the hassle and found them boring instead.

Since Oricon they made the WEEKLY do all the DAILIES. It's just an extra tag and not an extra mission these days. 'Tis why I skip Oricon. Makeb's DAILIES are drawn out and too long as it is. Black Hole is relatively quick enough I still do it's WEEKLY.