In-game Items you Want to Return

EricMusco

Hey folks,

Over time, we have received quite a few reports from players of items that used be available in-game, that no longer are. We don't mean Cartel Market items, but items that used to be available on vendors or from drops, etc. We are doing planning around some Mission rewards coming up and we thought this might be a good opportunity to try to get some forgotten items back in.

Here is what we are looking for. What are some in-game items that are no longer available that you would like to see come back, for the following categories:

• Mounts
  • Mini-pets
  • Stronghold Decorations
  • etc.

For this feedback thread we are currently not looking for weapon or armor set suggestions.

Let us know your thoughts!

-eric

Kingpin slot

regular slot

Underworld Bar

Turret

Sandcrawler

Fixing the purchased Ambassadors to be donation eligible to guilds again. That its BOP is stupid. I've seen them as BOE and for sale, yet mine I bought recently is BOP. Your garbage csr's won't fix them either.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting something from another player (ie, a stronghold machine) by creeping around in their stronghold doesn't count. Technically *anything* in the game could be 'available' if another player chose to sell or give it to you.

It's hardly "creeping around in their stronghold" if they've opened it to the public, lol. You make visitors sound like burglars! :D But surely it's clear that plenty of things cannot be traded or sold, e.g stuff that's Bind on Pickup. If there's no way for BoP stuff to be acquired currently through the game, I see that as genuinely unavailable.

we could split hairs in this thread for eternity, the simple fact is this:

When they screwed up the loot tables in 4.0, they messed with how people could acquire things like decorations and mounts doing in game activities. before 4.0, I only had to go against 4 other people in order to get a chance to get a FP decoration drop. Now you have to pray the group wants to do the bonus boss since you don't get enough CXP from it, then you have to win a freaking lottery, with a 1 in a trillion shot or more that the decoration will even drop, and then still have to gamble against the other people who might it. FP decorations should not be 50M credits on the GTN, which they are because its near impossible to get them nowadays.

And as far as Cartel Certificates, the minute they removed them from Cartel Packs they messed up, because they removed the one regular avenue to get them. if they had changed vendors that require Cartel Certificates to credits when they removed them from packs, they wouldn't be a part of this discussion.

We can agree to disagree, but the fact remains that anyone who is willing to put forth the effort to obtain those certificates can do so.

They could always make the slot machine available again which would allow players to have their own slot machine and not have to "creep around" another player's stronghold.

Both the slot machine and the certificates are likely considered CM items, so it is very possible that neither would qualify given the terms Eric set, though.

The decorations at the vendor on the Fleet are not CM items. They're vendor items that are unavailable due to lack of the currency required to buy them.

We'll have to disagree on this, yes. Someone might have a full set of rare armor in their cargo hold and choose to give it out, too. It's still unavailable to most players. The fact that something might be obtainable if you creep in a stranger's stronghold IF they choose to make their stronghold public doesn't make it available.

The decorations at the vendor on the Fleet are not CM items. They're vendor items that are unavailable due to lack of the currency required to buy them.

The Cartel Certificates are CM items, though.

The decorations, while not easily obtained, are not "unavailable".

Could BW make those decorations easier to obtain? Yes, and I'm not saying that they should not make them easier to obtain. They were not asking "What would you like to see made easier to obtain" when they created this thread, though.

We'll have to disagree on this, yes. Someone might have a full set of rare armor in their cargo hold and choose to give it out, too. It's still unavailable to most players. The fact that something might be obtainable if you creep in a stranger's stronghold IF they choose to make their stronghold public doesn't make it available.

Actually, by definition, that does make it available.

I would like to see past Anniversary Vendor items return, past life day vendor items return, and I'd like to see decorations drop from heroics more whether it's the datacrons or other decorations.

That would be nice and make them available to guilds as well. Some of the Anniversary items were not available to guilds. I know I tried to get some extra pictures and found out you could not give them to the guild no matter how you tried.

Waaaay back in the day, there was a vibrosword that used to drop from the Kaon FP, off the giant rakghoul boss, I believe. That was the only vibrosword of that particular model (there are techblades that look like it, but they aren't moddable like the vibrosword was, and Jedi can't use techblades anyways). Been kinda wanting that vibrosword. Never did manage to grab it for my guardian.

This thread isn't supposed to be about armour or weapons, but since this seems to have been a years' long quest for you, I'll mention something that may have escaped your notice if you're not into synthweaving. This full, 7-item appearance can be made by synthweaving - under a different name, but it looks exactly the same to me if I preview a white/black dye. There are several different archived orange versions from RotHC, but I think the most accessible version is the adaptive level 51, which can be learned as Hypercloth Aegis or Hypercloth Force Expert. Have a look: https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/hypercloth-aegis-pub/ Here's Jorgan in a preview: https://i.imgur.com/nWiGVfH.jpg I actually think the legs you picked look better with the other pieces, for what it's worth.

Yes, I realize the intention of this thread is to exclude armor and weapons, but my personal opinion (for what little it's apparently worth to Bioware) is that if we're talking about drop rates, accessibility, and discontinued items in this game, that conversation should necessarily include armor and weapons. Some of us who've been playing since day 1 have every decoration that was mentioned in that list on page 1. I don't particularly feel bad that many of those are no longer available because I have them, and when you see them on display in one of my strongholds, it's a mark of pride to have decorations that new players no longer have access to because it's one of the few remaining ways to distinguish yourself from someone who just started playing yesterday and is already the same level and wearing the same armor as you.

Yet, I do agree that for items that are still in the game, albeit nearly impossible to get either due to an abysmal drop rate or a currency requirement that is no longer in circulation, this is a great quality of life issue Bioware should address, and as I already said, it should include ALL items, not just SH decorations.

As for your substitution suggestions, I appreciate that, but I've been through all that years before. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=833100

Edited by Mournblood
grammar correction

Hey folks,

Over time, we have received quite a few reports from players of items that used be available in-game, that no longer are. We don't mean Cartel Market items, but items that used to be available on vendors or from drops, etc. We are doing planning around some Mission rewards coming up and we thought this might be a good opportunity to try to get some forgotten items back in.

Here is what we are looking for. What are some in-game items that are no longer available that you would like to see come back, for the following categories:

• Mounts
  • Mini-pets
  • Stronghold Decorations
  • etc.

For this feedback thread we are currently not looking for weapon or armor set suggestions.

-eric

Hi Eric,

1. The drops I most miss are the decorations in Heroic Star Fortresses. They had a similar look to them, and they were perfect for a certain kind of decorating. Yes, they still drop in normal mode star fortresses, but those are so boring.

2. The drops I miss next are the datacron decoration drops. Maybe they are still dropping, but the rate must have gone down to practically nothing. Again, they were perfect for setting a color scheme, setting a mood, and also for combining with other decorations.

3. All the decoration drops from bosses in (what are now) veteran and master mode flash points. I'd love it if those came back.

Thanks for bringing this up,

L

I would love to see the old named level 50 weapons that you needed tionese and columi tokens to buy them.

would love to be able to get old pvp sets like champion and centurion to be available pvp vendor but you need to have the pvp valor rank in order to equip them.

would love to have the old level 50 armor drops from the original ops that would require that you needed to complete the ops in order to buy the set.

Well there's this. We have the PvP decoration vendor on the fleet. On both sides you can get the imperial generator node but the republic side should have a republic generator node which does exist in the collection of decorations.

So maybe it's not the return of the item but I would like to be able to get the republic version now finally too.

I'd love to see any decorations at all return as drops in flashpoints and missions. I used to go out of my way to take on optional bosses in the hope that they might drop something interesting. Now they rarely seem to drop anything other than credits in a quantity that doesn't make much difference, or gear that I don't need. I still get excited if a mob unexpectedly drops a datacron, even though I don't need any (I saved several of each type when they were common), just because they're so rare now.

Hey folks,

• Mounts
  • Mini-pets
  • Stronghold Decorations
  • etc.

-eric

Hi Eric & Dev's,

I am requesting and for your consideration. I have looked at almost every post and I have collected my idea's and thoughts. Surprised no one suggested anything on the Desler Mounts!

Please consider the following to bring back to game or increase drop rate for ALL to enjoy and obtain! Please and Thank You!

Mounts:

The old Korrealis mounts from the 1 million credit vendor.

Red Helix Mount (HM xenoanalyst II) Rare drop. Needs to be guaranteed.

Desler Explorer - CZ-198 from Montinique Desler. More guaranteed please.

Desler Nomad: Currently Master Mode End Boss Drop: Very, very rare. Please make attainable.

More Desler Variations! I love these & I am not only one!

Imperial Korrealis KL-9Z

Imperial Korrealis KL-9Z-SE

Republic Korrealis KL-8A

Republic Korrealis KL-8A-SE

Avalanche Heavy Tank

Praxon Bloodline

Praxon Firaxa-Drops on EC NiM and have seen drop on Soa Vet mode.

Party Jawa (Original)

Pets: Tauntaun Ram, Taun Fawn, Hagnoffarl (originally from Grand Chevin Event. now is a very rare, rare world drop.)

Deco's: Underworld Bar, Heroics planetary drops datacrons deco's should be more readily available. Turrets, Holographic trees, Spa's & Jukebox's & lastly Makeb gazebo's!

Thank You! :D:p:rak_03:

Edited by Rasinator

I have a slightly different request for something to come back.

The magenta crystal used to be different and I'm not sure if I remember why you changed them to their current state. I'd like them back the way they were. Would that be possible?

I also agree with the drop rates in FPs. Take boarding party that drops those imperial and republic computer desks. Great items for decking out guild ships by the way...too bad they're in very very very short supply.

The magenty crystal mystery, hidden chain mission went away the same day they revamped the crafting system, and yes I want it back as well.

Sad part is that I don't think it was deliberate, just a game lead producer that were totally oblivious of its existence and therefore didn't bother to save it, as it was more important to get us all to get the "New Gaming Experience" of Grinding. Beauty lies hidden in the awareness of the finer details, and so does greatness . . .

Edited by t-darko

That would be nice and make them available to guilds as well. Some of the Anniversary items were not available to guilds. I know I tried to get some extra pictures and found out you could not give them to the guild no matter how you tried.

THIS! It would be nice for guilds to meet at the guild stronghold to celebrate the SWTOR anniversary, in a location decorated with the anniversary decorations. Right now, we have to go to someone's personal stronghold. It just doesn't make any sense.

Buff the drop rate of decorations in FP (and maybe Operations), make every decoration available for guild purchase. Currently there is a lot of decorations (Operations decoration, some of the bundles one on the CM too) that cannot be given to your guild with credits. Also buff the drop rate of mounts, we need those as well. ;)

Oh, also please bring back the old crafting recipes for artifice. We lost a bunch of old recipes that were available in the past with Retro-Engineering, like the one for Black/Purple crystals, Cyan crystals and a lot more. Some Dyes recipes could also come back (or some cool new ones should be added, not the ridiculous orange/blue one :mad: ).

Also did you forgot to upgrade the rank for Cybernetic's grenades ? You currently can only craft rank 9 grenades, rank 10 are non-existant in the game.

Cartel Certificates : Make them drom in GC crates ! You did that for Grand Chance Cube, why not the certificates ? Currently there is a lot of vendors on the fleet's bazar who are useless to almost everybody due to the fact that you cannot find these anymore :( Also maybe add a tiny chance to drop a reputation upgrade for these vendors in GC crates as well... Or make the old CM packs returns at once and make them stay :rak_03:

Also bring back some old quest, like the one for the Magenta Crystals or the Heroic 4+ on Alderaan rep side. Currently both of these aren't available anymore and one of them is tied to an achievement :(

I think that's all for me right now (excluding Armor and Weapons, ofc)

Also bring back some old quest, like the one for the Magenta Crystals or the Heroic 4+ on Alderaan rep side. Currently both of these aren't available anymore and one of them is tied to an achievement :(

FYI, schematics for magenta crystals still drop from mobs in the Black Hole (one dropped for me recently).

Edited by Estelindis

Well you got lucky D: But thanks for the info nonetheless :)

Was it a +41crystal though ? Or just a lower grade one ?

It was a +41! I didn't mention it to brag about my luck or anything, just to let you know that it's still available. I sold mine because I already knew the +41s on my artificer, and it wasn't the only magenta schematic on the GTN at the time, so it looks like it's dropping for others too.