What side did you roll (Republic or Empire) and why?

Flyceratops

I picked the Empire and rolled a Sith Inquisitor. I've always identified with the Sith - I dislike the Jedi's complete redaction of humanity/emotion, and at least the Sith are allowed to have passion (and it's not necessarily anger or negativity which fuels them, either.).

And I love Emperor Palpatine's display of power in Episode VI. "Put down your... jedi weapon." He treats the lightsaber as a useless thing which is only really used for tradition, and sees Luke as inferior for requiring it.

He is the one who rules in the background, the one who even Darth Vader serves, and the one who is just overall pretty awesome (if incredibly psychopathic).

So I looked at the Sith Inquisitor and thought, "I want to kill people with lightning." And I rolled one.

How romantic of me.

Trying to roll Republic Jedi but their stories are so Bleh compared to the Sith ones (inquisitor being damn nifty).

Jedi

Knight = Standard and generic hero story.

Consular = The "B" side.

Sith

Warrior = Standard bad guy but with various interesting twists.

Inquisitor = Really set up to give you the freedom of light side or dark side.

Edited by Pyrolight

Empire, Human Sith Inquisitor. A slave that gets a rise to power story but is still a good guy deep down trying to make the best of things while surrounded by unpleasant Sith yet the Empire itself being populated by just as many good people, most who just need a hug. Whats not to like about a decent story like that?

Light Side Sith.

Both. Because I don't care much for Star Wars lore. I have no feelings towards the different sides in "The old republic". I'm interested in testing the feel of different classes. Yes, I know there are mirrored classes, but they have different looks and feel to them.

Empire. Because there were enough of my froends who wanted to specifically be empire that that's where the guild was formed.

I'm liking the imp. agent story. Darkside choice at the end of chapter one made me feel like a horrible person, especially when the distress calls started being piped in.

i've mostly rolled republic so far done the following

jedi guardian

jedi consular

smuggler/gunslinger

also rolled a bounty hunter, i know its on the empire side..but all my choices are light side if i can help it..just to see what happens

thinking of rolling sith later when ive leveled up my other stuff sufficiently

why? because i am normally a nice bloke who makes tough choices :)

Empire, Human Sith Inquisitor. A slave that gets a rise to power story but is still a good guy deep down trying to make the best of things while surrounded by unpleasant Sith yet the Empire itself being populated by just as many good people, most who just need a hug. Whats not to like about a decent story like that?

Light Side Sith.

Or you can be the completely arrogant and evil dweeb that my ALT IA is :D

I rolled Empire because not a single Republic gets a romance girl as the first companion and I wanted to get to that part quickly. I kind of hate being Empire though, they are such meanies. :( But at least I have a romance. :)

Kira Carsen comes REALLY quickly for the Jedi Knights. You worry too much.

I roll both factions because I want to experience all the stories. And apparently the OP needs to do some research on Jedi and emotion... they dont eliminate emotion entirely, they only control their emotions. To be completely emotionless is to be inhuman and an animal.

Wizard's Third Rule "Passion Rules Reason". You cannot make proper decisions if your head is full of your baser instincts.

Imperial Agent Dark( lvl 1 at the moment) side. Because ive grown tired of choosing the "goodside" in games, felt like it was time for a change! And boy did i get one lol. The story in general for the IA is amazing even though im lvl 16! and yea i killed everyone when given the chance haha. I am a Imperial Agent of the Empire and all shall fall before me!!!!!!

sidenote i dislike those Republic scum lol :p

Kira Carsen comes REALLY quickly for the Jedi Knights. You worry too much.

Yeah, the JK is actually the only Republic I'm even considering. Once I've done both IA and BH I'll probably do JK next. I hear you can get Kira like halfway through Coruscant or something so it'd be only like a day or two without her.

But Consular has got to be agony. You get Nadia at what, 40+?

How quickly can Trooper and Smuggler get to a fem romance?