Any update in the Roadmap? What about 5.5?

RevorteX

Right now I wouldn't trust the "balance guy" to balance two equal weights on one of these: http://images.kovels.com/price_guide/technology/scales/scale-balance-iron-brass-pans-rp10136.jpg

Right now Bioware would see a balance improvement is they hired Eric Wrobel from ESO and he's a clown.

All The Best

Thats pretty spot on.

After reading what bioware said about their balancing and how it was from 5 mins of target dummies. I knew right then bioware would not actually balance things and only make it worse.

They didn't get it right the first round. I don't expect them to get it right this time either.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats pretty spot on.

After reading what bioware said about their balancing and how it was from 5 mins of target dummies. I knew right then bioware would not actually balance things and only make it worse.

They didn't get it right the first round. I don't expect them to get it right this time either.

Where did BW say that was their method?

They're probably just too busy working on the roadmap and what not, which is why they can't respond on the forums.:rak_03: They posted some class changes however if you check the dev tracker.:)

Thank God...I was afraid we weren't going to get any nerfs any time soon...this improves the game experience so much for players. :rolleyes:

Thank God...I was afraid we weren't going to get any nerfs any time soon...this improves the game experience so much for players. :rolleyes:

The class changes as listed are a joke, a very bad joke.

More nerfs to classes, no nerfs to content.

They are using nerfs to turn 2 years old content into a time-gate.

This game really is in maintenance mode, but they can't admit it because Cartel Crates sales would cease.

All The Best

The class changes as listed are a joke, a very bad joke.

More nerfs to classes, no nerfs to content.

They are using nerfs to turn 2 years old content into a time-gate.

This game really is in maintenance mode, but they can't admit it because Cartel Crates sales would cease.

All The Best

I could not agree more. The nerfs just don't help, even if that is the case...not enough people can even touch HM Ops to make these nerfs reasonable...all they do is turn more and more people away...

Right now I wouldn't trust the "balance guy" to balance two equal weights on one of these: http://images.kovels.com/price_guide/technology/scales/scale-balance-iron-brass-pans-rp10136.jpg

Right now Bioware would see a balance improvement is they hired Eric Wrobel from ESO and he's a clown.

All The Best

So what to do when all your MMOs piss you off?

Edited by kodrac

While the nerfs are appreciated (can never have too many nerfs). :rolleyes:

I really hope they trickle out some information on the fixes for stuff that 5.4 broke like utilities. I also hope they throw us a bone here. Give us some glimmer of hope that all these delays are leading up to something other than more delays. It's all well and good to starve and beat your rabid fan base but you can't complain when they bite the hand that nerfs them.

Especially if nothing is on the horizon for the foreseeable future but wait and see and maybe and perhaps and we should look into that.

So what to do when all your MMOs piss you off?

Never happened so far.

Just bought Morrowind - while I am not a big fan of the sustain nerfs that they introduced with Morrowind the content itself is top notch. I'm probably at the 25+ hour mark and there's still stuff to do - stuff that isn't 2+ years old. The sustain nerfs only affect me in Veteran content and Trials, as the guys I played that content with don't play with any regularity at the moment they don't impact on me too much yet.

Introducing them en masse as they did was idiotic on ESO's part, and it has cost them a lot of players. Why do game companies always "know best" until it hits them in the wallet - if they listened to players' concerns BEFORE making such sweeping changes their games would be better supported, and player retention would be a lot better. And happy customers spend money.

All The Best

Is that what the class balancing is for so we can do continuously the old content?

That is there hope. Nerf classes so it becomes harder to complete old content because the new content you do get will be so sparse and minimal in length.

Little to no real balance to existing content (which btw is all over the board out of whack in OPS per boss and per difficulty level. So screwed up it makes you wonder just what is wrong with bioware.)

I don't expect 2017 to wrap up on a high note given the past 9 months behind us when I think of content thats worth repeating. I really can't wait to see whats on this roadmap for the rest of the year. Just what are they slapping together and how will they hype up such minimal additions to the game and especially - what will they add to entice you to do 1-5+ year old content once again?

Where did BW say that was their method?

It was in one of their posts way back when they were first talking about balance. I know I'm not the only one that remembers thatas it was brought up a number of times on the forums but when I get time to sort back through all their posts I'll post it.

Edited by Quraswren

It was in one of their posts way back when they were first talking about balance. I know I'm not the only one that remembers thatas it was brought up a number of times on the forums but when I get time to sort back through all their posts I'll post it.

True, their saying was that they don't basically balance class at each other or with real content, instead they look at theorical and numeric values of their dps and balance things with those value. Tbh, I think it's the first time I've seen peoples balance a game like this... Seeing the results and the lack of serious work put into it, I think I understand why.

The thing that bother me still is that if their only changes to utility in 5.5 is Chilling Scream for Jugg, then it means that they don't have any intention to balance the game. Only tweak the class so that old content will be harder/impossible to complete... At least, more than it already was. :rolleyes:

That is there hope. Nerf classes so it becomes harder to complete old content because the new content you do get will be so sparse and minimal in length.

Little to no real balance to existing content (which btw is all over the board out of whack in OPS per boss and per difficulty level. So screwed up it makes you wonder just what is wrong with bioware.)

I don't expect 2017 to wrap up on a high note given the past 9 months behind us when I think of content thats worth repeating. I really can't wait to see whats on this roadmap for the rest of the year. Just what are they slapping together and how will they hype up such minimal additions to the game and especially - what will they add to entice you to do 1-5+ year old content once again?

I really thought they were trying but it appears to be laziness, from what you are saying. Thing have been very sparse coming out of the game Just makes me wonder are they not awake there? I mean really Crisis on Umbara was ok but I'm sure people have done it to death by now.

I really thought they were trying but it appears to be laziness, from what you are saying. Thing have been very sparse coming out of the game Just makes me wonder are they not awake there? I mean really Crisis on Umbara was ok but I'm sure people have done it to death by now.

hmm I don't think that the lack of jibber jabber from Dev's is unique to this game only. if you look on other gaming sights seems that most if not all MMO's are pretty much in Mehintenance mode... maybe I am wrong but just seems that way all around.

in all I think its time to just hunker down find a game and stick with it regardless of what game it is. what was the last big tittle MMO to launch after this one? GW2? other than that nothing else comes to mind. if Star Wars is your thing though just hang out think of something creative to do and make something fun... otherwise this winter is going to be quite long and dreadful if your not enjoying yourself.... ;)

Edited by CKNORTH

It does appear that Keith has moved on to pastures new.

The biggest let down being the proposed more communication and even posts alleging to want feedback such as the GSF posts which have since been ignored when the solution didn't prove to be offer a new paint job and everything will be great.

Just look at the latest ESO PTS patch notes vs what TOR tests to get an idea of what a health game looks like as opposed to whatever it is thats on offer here. And rather than try and fix things it seems BW are determined to ignore the problems and the players until there are no players left.

The biggest let down being the proposed more communication and even posts alleging to want feedback such as the GSF posts which have since been ignored when the solution didn't prove to be offer a new paint job and everything will be great.

Just look at the latest ESO PTS patch notes vs what TOR tests to get an idea of what a health game looks like as opposed to whatever it is thats on offer here. And rather than try and fix things it seems BW are determined to ignore the problems and the players until there are no players left.

The lack of communication is a giant letdown yeah, especially since it started really promising at the start when Keith took over. I want to keep hoping it's just because Bioware is planning so much insanely epic stuff and are working around the clock on that...

The job was probably overwhelming for Keith, and I can't blame him with what the previous person left behind.:rak_03:We all became very bitter, hopeless and quite demanding. I don't think just one person can fix all of that. Edited by Eshvara

The job was probably overwhelming for Keith, and I can't blame him with what the previous person left behind.:rak_03:We all became very bitter, hopeless and quite demanding. I don't think just one person can fix all of that.

Unless that one person introduced something so epic and mindblowing the planet would crack in half because it can't support its awesomeness. Is this what is supposed to happen on the 23d of September? Will the Roadmap be so epic it will cause the supposed apocalypse? #conspiracy

in all I think its time to just hunker down find a game and stick with it regardless of what game it is. what was the last big tittle MMO to launch after this one? GW2? other than that nothing else comes to mind. if Star Wars is your thing though just hang out think of something creative to do and make something fun... otherwise this winter is going to be quite long and dreadful if your not enjoying yourself.... ;)

Final Fantasy XIV (14) is definitely not in maintenance mode. They opened up new servers and released gobs of new content with there latest expansion.

I think the days of having alot of content for SWTOR is over. It's definitely been set to trickle speed, and is gonna be that way till shut down. Too many players have high expectations for this game, and its resulting in alot of disappointment and frustration. We may just have to come to terms that the game is what it is, and its gonna stay this way. I personally have come to terms with this, and just been enjoying playing the game and not worrying about whats new or anything like that. I also found reducing my playtime and cutting out days all together makes the game seem alittle more exciting and fresh when I login to play. Game fatigue is a real thing.

If content is a players main concern, I wouldn't be playing this game. Most people left that are still here playing is because they like star wars, and this is the last SW mmo left.

Edited by DenariusJay

He seems to have burned out very quickly. It happens when someone new gets in with high motivation and good ideas, but then he realises that he is talking to walls. I wouldn't be surprised if all of his ideas got a "no" from whoever is in charge.

I have been in such a situation before. I quit my work and completely changed my life. I will never go back to such a work environment anymore. Maybe Keith is already gone, too? ;)