Aleeha

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to throw some extra thoughts here, i did this last night as a 46 Immortal Jugg. I used Jaesa as i always do, and the key was interrupts. We have 5.

Use defensive CD's to mitigate some initial damage Saber Ward / Artifacts / Endure pain etc, then start rotating those interrupts.

-Disruption

-Backhand

-Disruption

-Force Choke

-Disruption

-Intimidating Shout

-Disruption

-Force Push

-Disruption

This was pretty much the exact rotation of interrupts i used, and never ate a single cast from him.

Hope this helps.

Edited by gofthejungle

did this with Jaesa as immortal with no stim pack used but thats about the only thing i didn't use other than the 20minute cd on the 2nd try. Basically you just have to pick a spell you can live with eating and locking out everything else through the interrupt, force charge, push, backhand if you got it.

Just to throw some extra thoughts here, i did this last night as a 46 Immortal Jugg. I used Jaesa as i always do, and the key was interrupts. We have 5.

Use defensive CD's to mitigate some initial damage Saber Ward / Artifacts / Endure pain etc, then start rotating those interrupts.

-Disruption

-Backhand

-Disruption

-Force Choke

-Disruption

-Intimating Shout

-Disruption

-Force Push

-Disruption

This was pretty much the exact rotation of interrupts i used, and never ate a single cast from him.

Hope this helps.

Agreed, that's the key.

However Marauders do not have nor backhand, nor intimating shout, nor force push.

If you're not annihilation you have a longer CD for disruption and a long one for Force choke.

I put my pride aside, teamed up with one sorcerer, interrupted every spell of him, and it became a mere mob.

Agreed, that's the key.

However Marauders do not have nor backhand, nor intimating shout, nor force push.

If you're not annihilation you have a longer CD for disruption and a long one for Force choke.

I put my pride aside, teamed up with one sorcerer, interrupted every spell of him, and it became a mere mob.

You can also have a much shorter cd, and no minimum range force charge. which is also an interupt.

As anni spec I was able to solo this with vette at 47 , and this is the key. People think you have to have quinn to survive, you dont, what you need here is consistant dps, whilst I was kiting him, whilst I was choking him, vette kept the damage going, its challenging , on par with the corellia version of draag as the hardest fight there is on the journey to 50 in my opinion, but it is doable.

Edited by Voblat

49 juggernaut (31/8/2), forced to kite the guy because interrupts are so unreliable under ability delay.

Laughably easy when confronted this way. Only issue with the fight becomes his choke/nuke combo, but it shouldn't be able to 1-shot you.

I'm a level 44 Immortal Juggernaut and I've had no problems doing any fight so far in the game with a DPS companion (Vette, then Jaesa).
I didn't come across the first hardcore ********* until the end of Belsavis (Breakthrough heroic quest). I think the common link is that they do either heavy elemental or heavy internal damage, which you have hardly more mitigation for than a squishy. Edited by Ansultares

As a Sith Inq I used Andronikos Revel, and let him pull, and do his pew pew, while I dpsed, and when Andronikos died, I kited around the pillars and dotted him up and used my insta-spells.

Prior to this I put my faith in Khem.../failed

Well, as a Juggernaut:

1: Take Vette

2: Guard on Vette.

3: Stand far away from the Avatar.

4: Force Charge in.

5: Burn the Avatar as fast as you can, gathering as much threat as possible.

6: Interrupt the first Force Storm

7: Run to a pillar and LoS the Thundering Blasts and interrupt / Force Choke / Force Push the Force Storms

8: Taunt the Avatar whenever Vette takes aggro.

That should be plenty enough to finish it.

Or you could just straight up nuke it down with interrupts and cooldowns, which I personally prefer.

Your kidding right? im an immortal spec and i beat this guy with quinn like he was a chump. i had more than 80perce health left after killing him.

i dont mean to offend anybody but where i hear people complaining about killing this boss or that boss. it never happens to me. im not sure if im more expierenced or i know what to do but i have not even 1 came across a problem.

get a good rotaton down for regular mobs,strongmobs,elites

pay attention use your cooldowns to improve your hp and defence and you will be perfectly fine.

i know of this because i just beat the guy like 5mins ago

Edited by Hugacarlos

Agreed, that's the key.

This is false. We do have Intimidating Roar. You get it at high 30s low 40s. We also have Charge. This fight is cake. Finished it at 45 as a Carnage Marauder.

-Disruption

-Force Choke

-Force Charge

-Intimidating Roar

You have the tools to keep him CCed. You also have the defensive CDs to pop to keep you alive.

I always pull with Force Charge and in mid charge hit Cloak of Pain. It's up for most of the fight. When I start dipping sub 20%, I hit Undying Rage. It was pretty easy with Quinn.

Obfuscate does nothing to his casted abilities. Just his "auto-attack".

• 2 weeks later...
OK, so what the f'ing trick to beating this bastard? I can get him to about 3-2kish and I end up running out of interrupts and get force choked and placed into his freaking lightening spam while that crap healer Quinn just stands there and doesn't heal... This is a very frustrating fight on top of the stupid animation casting lag crap...

This was actually the hardest fight for me while leveling my marauder, really took a lot of beatings before I managed to get things sorted out.

get him near the "ramp" up to his area and use the 2 pillars there to LoS the casts you won't be able to interrupt. Once I sorted that part out he went down real nice.

• 2 weeks later...
Your kidding right? im an immortal spec and i beat this guy with quinn like he was a chump. i had more than 80perce health left after killing him.

i dont mean to offend anybody but where i hear people complaining about killing this boss or that boss. it never happens to me. im not sure if im more expierenced or i know what to do but i have not even 1 came across a problem.

get a good rotaton down for regular mobs,strongmobs,elites

pay attention use your cooldowns to improve your hp and defence and you will be perfectly fine.

i know of this because i just beat the guy like 5mins ago

Immortal jugg. Tried with Jaesa countless times and it didn't work. Vette was closer but still no dice. One try with quinn using interrupts and it was easy. Still had 75% health at lvl 49.

I completed it at 45 as an immortal juggie with Quinn. Interrupts are key. After that, it's just wearing him down.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
As a Sith Inq I used Andronikos Revel, and let him pull, and do his pew pew, while I dpsed, and when Andronikos died, I kited around the pillars and dotted him up and used my insta-spells.

Prior to this I put my faith in Khem.../failed

could you please translate the nerd speak into English, i have no idea what you're saying.

The room seems to be buggy, I had issues with Quinn not healing me, even though he was at full HP. I gave up cause I was tired and figured that was part of the problem, and came back the next day, and dinged while doing so, both of those things seemed to make a difference. Buy yeah, that was a pita.

• 2 weeks later...

Took me 3 times as a Jugg, and I one shot him on my Marauder with little problems. They're harder for Rage / Venge Juggs as you run out of interrupts to use and running around los'ing isn't as easy with melee.

Best thing to do is get help. Some classes this fight is a pita others its easy.

As a Annihilation specc'd marauder, I was able to solo him my first try with Quinn. Of course I have BioChem as well, so I always pop stims and medpacks like they're tic-tacs. Also your heroic moment will come in handy. This probably goes without saying, but if you have Quinn out, make sure he's in Med Watch stance - he won't let you die. If you're a tank, don't use Quinn - get a dps companion out - you wanna burn him as quickly as possible. Interrupt every time you see that blue activation bar (use force charge or choke if disruption is on cooldown). Other than that, I don't know what to tell you guys... yeah, he's tough - but not even close to impossible. If you can't do it by yourself, try to get a group. Edited by JAVAjedi