Devs, please add the following already completed hood down armors to the game.

JohnRoy

Ah thanks John for including Sentinels !

I support that ! If the "toggle" feature is too complicated, don't leave us with only hooded bath robe like now :/ ... Or that awful pvp gear.

The more I watch those trailers and screenshots, the more I think "wow the game is gonna be epic ! Some time in the future..." :/ ...

I'll stop playing the knight char, with broken companions, horrible design (cause the good designs didn't make it into the game for some reason), face hidden, fat butt, extremely hard to be competitive in pvp etc... It's just a clear message from bioware in my eyes : "play something else we'll fix the Jedi when we have balance within the population" ...

Balance? JKs make up for probably 1 in 10 players atm. Every man and his dog is either Trooper/BH or Sage/Inq :rolleyes:

PS. thats not aimed at you, thats aimed at the apparent ignorance that BW have regarding the situation.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Balance? JKs make up for probably 1 in 10 players atm. Every man and his dog is either Trooper/BH or Sage/Inq :rolleyes:

PS. thats not aimed at you, thats aimed at the apparent ignorance that BW have regarding the situation.

Well it seems we are the most popular class. But then I play on a pve server, so maybe it is different on pvp servers. Still making a class purposefully weak to balance population is a bad move regardless.

Fact is that even is Stephen says (for whatever reason) that a toggle is "difficult", the "toggle"...

is already in the game

I just found a visor (leve 31 Palauka Cybernetics Polyfibe Helmet. Despite the name it's not an helmet, but simple eyewear) that drops the hood when worn, effectively acting as a toggle (and making me look like cyclops in the meanwhile, which is still better than the hood I guess).

if you don't believe me, here's a pic (the armor is the DeathWarden's Body Armor, that does have a hood, and it works with any hooded armor) :D

So yeah, my mind is boggled at trying to figure what could be that "difficult" in creating an in game option that simulates exactly that. Or just activate the same hood-hiding flag (because we all know it's nothing else than a 0 or 1 written in the code bits of the item) in circlets, other kinds of goggles and similar headgear (especially moddable headgear).

Come on Stephen. I'm calling you out on this one, and believe me, I know it's not your fault. You're not a dev.

You probably just need to do the same and call out the designer that told you it would be "difficult". It's simply not realistic for it to be "difficult" when there's already a toggle flag in several pieces of headgear that do exactly that. :D

Edited by Abriael

Well, Stephen Reid said he would ask the Devs about this, so, hopefully, now that they have been back to work, we will hear some information soon about when we might see the completed hood down armors finally put into the game.

The next major patch sounds like a great opportunity to me.

1.1 notes are up, nothing for hoods.

I gave up my Knight btw, he's sitting at level 25 and haven't played him in 3 days, now have a Sith Warrior at 27.

It's funny that the game is almost mocking me in a way whenever I face NPC Jedi, and most of them have awesome looking hood down robes. The NPC's look cooler than the players do... great.

Edited by wadecounty

Bumping.

Nothing on the hood, or big butt issue.

Mr. Reid:

The week when the art department (i still dont know what they have to do with this, since their work is done already) is low on bodies ended, so did the week after now. Can you please give us an update?

AND/OR explain what keeps these armors, or a hood toggle in the preferences out of the game?

Bumping.

Nothing on the hood, or big butt issue.

Mr. Reid:

The week when the art department (i still dont know what they have to do with this, since their work is done already) is low on bodies ended, so did the week after now. Can you please give us an update?

AND/OR explain what keeps these armors, or a hood toggle in the preferences out of the game?

I'd like to second this and request that the hood down armors come in the next content patch after 1.1.

And if all of the armors on this link are too much, even though they are completed, how about just adding in the armors displayed in the Jedi Class Progression Video, and the screenshots on the Guardian and Sentinel page? That's a total of 5, with three Guardian and two Sentinel armors, and would include the Knight on the Character Creator screen. All are completed already. And all already have stats that correspond to their hood up versions.

Throw in a hood down Medium and Heavy version of the standard Jedi robe on Tython (The Peacekeeper's Chestguard) like the ones all the Jedi NPC's wear, and I think we'd be satisfied. Anyone agree/disagree?

Ok, I think Bioware is trolling us.

Since last patch, I noticed never seen before NPC while going to Hoth.

A consular and... A sentinel NPC.

Now here's the "funny" part, THE SENTINEL WEARS THE PROMOTED GEAR !!!!!!! That is NOT in the game for us to use !

I'm sick of seeing all the NPC look tons better than me :/ . Same thing for Belsavis, tons of jedi NPC (or not actually, they give their clothes to any npc but not the player) have great gear without hood that you can't ever wear !

Also, I'm sick of the fat butt feature since all our 40s gear have it. It's not acceptable. If I wanted to play a fatty I would have made a fatty, or a woman for that matter, since my Jedi completely looks female on side view.

Edited by Strayth

There is a hood down version of the Tython comendation Knight's shirt that is orange.

The aspiring knights vest. It is only medium though, I would like if a heavy version of this were in the game.

That's what I am wearing now, althought if I can get the Hardened Plasticoid Greaves, I may go full "light" trooper and look like Luke in Empire if I can get the Heavy Armor stats.

It sucks that to "look like a Jedi" and not have a hood, you have to take either another AC's or another class' gear if you are a Guardian.

It would be great if the Dev's would add in the hood down armors they developed and advertised for three years so us jedis could finally feel that the class we played the game for was represented in the actual game we are playing.

I pass on the information I have, and I'm told it's a considerable task for the art team. I don't give out 'hogwash' as a general rule. ;)

That said, I'll pass on these suggestions to those responsible and see what I get back. Studio's a little light on bodies this week but I will try my best to get some info.

Stephen the art is ALREADY in game & LIVE ... the art for Twilekk breastplates, tunics, & robes are hood down by default....

How hard can it be to add an hood down check box option to call for the game to display the Twilekk version of the BP/tunic/robe art instead of the default hood up option of the same armor ?

Yeah, I agree, they need to add a hood toggle. They also need to get rid of the big poofy rear-end on Jedi robes.

Also, why is the belt on the outside of the robe? It should be INSIDE the robe. I have never seen a jedi in any movie wear their belt on the outside of their robe.

We want to look like Jedi in the movies, not Jedi in WOW.

Stephen the art is ALREADY in game & LIVE ... the art for Twilekk breastplates, tunics, & robes are hood down by default....

How hard can it be to add an hood down check box option to call for the game to display the Twilekk version of the BP/tunic/robe art instead of the default hood up option of the same armor ?

Hood down = / = No hood.

Try again.

Though, yeah, 80% of the actual pieces we got have an alternate hood down version wore by an NPC. So they're just trolling us. That and the fat butt feature.

Absolutely agree. This goes for all jedi/sith classes, but for sure, the man has evidence. Devs, please consider this. To be honest, I don't know why this wasn't predicted originally. I'm playing a sith assassin and going through pains to find chest pieces that are hood-down or hoodless... I basically just have to wait until I can get pvp armor or something.

If the list of armors linked to is too much to implement immediately, how about the armor in the Jedi Class video, the hood down armors in the Jedi Progression video, the screenshots for the Sentinel and the Guardian, and the robes the NPC's wear on Tython?

This would give three Guardian and three Sentinel looks, include the iconic Jedi robes and the main looks that were sold to us during the marketing stage of the game, and would be a good "band aid" unitl a more full solution was possible. I think this would be at least enough to get people enjoying their Jedi again quickly.

Could we have a response on the feasability of this? And the feasability of adding hood down versions of all hood up moddable armor for Sentinels and Guardians later?

Would love any info on when the problem will be fixed.

I think all your points are valid guys, but i don't know I kind of like the hoods up. They make me feel like a bad-***. I used to get mad when i had to change to a non-hooded armor/robe.

They just want the option there, they're not asking for a permanently down visual.

-1 for the entirety of the character creation process being completely pointless and wasted for an entire player population being a-ok in biowares book.

really, why did i waste time picking anything, i never see my hair and rarely see my face at all due to ****** angles.

Later on in levels (mid 30s) you can pick up head pieces that lets you hood down. I've found several head items that when equipped takes the hood down. Personally I prefer the hood up so I just keep the visor I have that allows for the hood up look.

Hope this gives hope for some lvling up.

Later on in levels (mid 30s) you can pick up head pieces that lets you hood down. I've found several head items that when equipped takes the hood down. Personally I prefer the hood up so I just keep the visor I have that allows for the hood up look.

Hope this gives hope for some lvling up.

Here's my issue with this "solution".

What if tomorrow, Bioware just randomly decided to take out the helmet toggle. How big do you think the outcry would be?

Now what if someone tried to point out that at later levels, you could at least get headgear that is only a pair of goggles. Would people be OK with that?

Hoods aren't quite as bad as being stuck with a helmet that covers your whole face, but they're almost as bad, and we need a fix.

I think all your points are valid guys, but i don't know I kind of like the hoods up. They make me feel like a bad-***. I used to get mad when i had to change to a non-hooded armor/robe.

That's cool. No one's asking for them to take them out. We just want hood down armor in as well, and I've sent them a list of links to the hood down armor that they already have to help them get started.

I pass on the information I have, and I'm told it's a considerable task for the art team. I don't give out 'hogwash' as a general rule. ;)

That said, I'll pass on these suggestions to those responsible and see what I get back. Studio's a little light on bodies this week but I will try my best to get some info.

Mr.Reid, have u got any response from the art team?