Devs, please add the following already completed hood down armors to the game.

JohnRoy

This is a lie. Take any JK hooded armor in-game and preview it. While previewed, preview a helm that is an actual helm and not just a pair of shades. The hood is down. All of the artwork for hoodless robes are in-game. The issue is, all of the JK head gear is shades, so the hood shows, or if you disable Helm in options, apparently a hood doesn't count. When you select the "disable Helm" option, the hood should also be disabled. Additionally, it should do the same for your companions.

It doesn't make the hood down, it makes it disappear completely. It doesn't look nearly as good.

Is it better ? Yeah. As good as a hood down ? Not in a million years.

So take back that "this is a lie".

Though, as shown (just look at the Sentinel page on Bioware's official page =) with NON EXISTENT GEAR, not just because of the hood, but because the whole sets have just been removed, we only have 2 models and reskins instead of 4 :/ ... Of course we got the hooded and fat butt ones), there are many hoodless pieces that they could just give to us so we can at least enjoy our character while waiting for a proper "rp" hood toggle.

Edited by Strayth

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't make the hood down, it makes it disappear completely. It doesn't look nearly as good.

Is it better ? Yeah. As good as a hood down ? Not in a million years.

So take back that "this is a lie".

Though, as shown (just look at the Sentinel page on Bioware's official page =) with NON EXISTENT GEAR, not just because of the hood, but because the whole sets have just been removed, we only have 2 models and reskins instead of 4 :/ ... Of course we got the hooded and fat butt ones), there are many hoodless pieces that they could just give to us so we can at least enjoy our character while waiting for a proper "rp" hood toggle.

Every robe I've inspected had the hood down. As in, the artwork showed a hood on my back. So, it is a lie. Could there be some robes that don't have the artwork? Maybe, but out of all the high level ones I've examined, they have had the complete artwork.

I cannot express how happy I am that I have yet to be forced to wear some hideous space-marines plate armor on my Jedi Knight. Here's for hoping I never have to. Here's for hoping that the voices who said "hey, make this game look more like the films than World of Warcraft" really got through to the dev team.

More hoods! More robes! (although, I would love to have a /hood emote...)

Every robe I've inspected had the hood down. As in, the artwork showed a hood on my back. So, it is a lie. Could there be some robes that don't have the artwork? Maybe, but out of all the high level ones I've examined, they have had the complete artwork.

Not a single robe I inspected passed from "hood up" to "hood down". It disappeard completely. Oo

Can you please give screenshots and names ?

Also, know that there are some sort of "head belt" that you can wear, it removes the hood while still displaying hair... Looks a little silly, but at least you see your face.

I cannot express how happy I am that I have yet to be forced to wear some hideous space-marines plate armor on my Jedi Knight. Here's for hoping I never have to. Here's for hoping that the voices who said "hey, make this game look more like the films than World of Warcraft" really got through to the dev team.

More hoods! More robes! (although, I would love to have a /hood emote...)

Show me a single jedi in the films fighting with their hood up and I'll buy you a beer.

Hint: You won't. There are none.

Not a single robe I inspected passed from "hood up" to "hood down". It disappeard completely. Oo

Can you please give screenshots and names ?

Also, know that there are some sort of "head belt" that you can wear, it removes the hood while still displaying hair... Looks a little silly, but at least you see your face.

Strayth, maybe you're not sure how most games work.

But generally, you have what's referred to as a model, and a skin. Models are difficult to make, skins are simple, you just change the texture and color of a model.

There are models of every hood down robe already in the game. You know how I know this? Look at the character creator skin. There's the model of the armored robe look with hood down. Now look at an NPC Jedi. There's the model of the unarmored robe look with hood down.

So yeah, its there already. Making it toggle to that look is just as much work as making it toggle to the version without a hood at all.

Show me a single jedi in the films fighting with their hood up and I'll buy you a beer.

First jedi you ever see ? Obi wan.

First lightsaber battle you ever see ? OMG OBIWAN's

Oh yeah right, he had a hood.

Also, Anakin did in episode 3.

Though yeah, it rarely happens and it's lame we're forced to have one. Choice should be there.

Strayth, maybe you're not sure how most games work.

But generally, you have what's referred to as a model, and a skin. Models are difficult to make, skins are simple, you just change the texture and color of a model.

There are models of every hood down robe already in the game. You know how I know this? Look at the character creator skin. There's the model of the armored robe look with hood down. Now look at an NPC Jedi. There's the model of the unarmored robe look with hood down.

So yeah, its there already. Making it toggle to that look is just as much work as making it toggle to the version without a hood at all.

Yeah... right... But that's absolutely NOT what we were talking about.

He was talking about the fact that the hood "goes away" when you equip a helmet/goggles.

He said he saw pieces that actually had the hood down when doing that, and I said I never saw a single piece that did, all the ones I found removed it completely.

I know the models are in the game, that's unrelated.

Edited by Strayth

Does anyone know if this armour available, albeit with a hood?

I haven't seen it. But if it's on that screen that means they have it, and it should be available to us. And it could be available to us quite easily. All they need to do is take whatever file this is and drop it into the game with some stats and a name.

Yeah... right... But that's absolutely NOT what we were talking about.

He was talking about the fact that the hood "goes away" when you equip a helmet/goggles.

He said he saw pieces that actually had the hood down when doing that, and I said I never saw a single piece that did, all the ones I found removed it completely.

I know the models are in the game, that's unrelated.

Yeah, I've only seen the hood disappear completely, not go down but still be there.

And while the armors do look better without a hood, they look a lot better with the hood down, and I don't want to be "Jedi Cyclops."

Well, capes look "decent" with no hood at all (compared to robes, that I think look really bad without one).

(The one I'm using isn't so cool, it needs "shoulders pad" in order to be in my opinion ^^ but better than the fat butt robe I got)

So here's the only alternative in order to :

- Avoid fat butt

- See your hair

Which is, wear a cape (you have an AMAZING looking one for Guardians, with huge shoulder pads, looks great in my opinion !), and that :

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/920/screenshot2011123021024.jpg

No cyclope mode, I can finally see my character's face again T.T . I think even if I would not wear this if there was a hood toggle, it's always better than the hood...

Edited by Strayth

Hey, I'm all for a /hood command. However, if I have to choose between Paladin With a Lightsaber and my hood being up but looking like an actual Jedi, I'll go with the latter.

Well, capes look "decent" with no hood at all (compared to robes, that I think look really bad without one).

(The one I'm using isn't so cool, it needs "shoulders pad" in order to be in my opinion ^^ but better than the fat butt robe I got)

So here's the only alternative in order to :

- Avoid fat butt

- See your hair

Which is, wear a cape (you have an AMAZING looking one for Guardians, with huge shoulder pads, looks great in my opinion !), and that :

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/920/screenshot2011123021024.jpg

No cyclope mode, I can finally see my character's face again T.T . I think even if I would not wear this if there was a hood toggle, it's always better than the hood...

What piece is that? It cancels the hood and isn't cyclops mode. Please tell me that's real! And let me know where to find it. Thank you. No hood at all looks a little goofy but it's a billion times better than hood up.

Hey, I'm all for a /hood command. However, if I have to choose between Paladin With a Lightsaber and my hood being up but looking like an actual Jedi, I'll go with the latter.

You don't even look like a jedi with hood up, if anything you look more sith... no,a bald sith. Paladins are in fact Jedi Knights. The only difference is one fights for and with the holy light while the other is a belief and fights for peace and justice. EVEN the medal awarded to you for defending 50k damage is called Paladin Medal.

And what's more, if you try to sell the Sith pieces to Jedi on the Nar Shadaa neutral market, they change to hood up. It's quite frustrating.

And now you all realize why the dark side is so compelling!

No wonder everyone keeps falling....

Unfortunately they are stupid, because for the life of me I can't work out why these excellent armours which 'WHERE' in the game (other betas) have now been taken out. Maybe its a bug problem who knows, but the reason they are stupid is because regardless of what bait game they are playing they have lost my sub for not providing me with what they advertised the game with.

When the issue is resolved I shall reactivate my sub.

One thing you miss when you skip the EULA and simply want to rush to play is where they have in fine print that they reserve the right to change the game however they want. The game has changed dramatically from a lot of the videos they have in the media section. If you are going to get upset and leave simply because something is different then what was given as an example, then please leave. People like you ruin the game anyway.