Devs, please add the following already completed hood down armors to the game.

JohnRoy

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it staggering that this is such a huge concern for so many when this class struggles so hard compared to the others. /boggle...

Probably because most people didn't grind to level 50 to mindlessly PvP and/or raid, and want to actually savor and enjoy the story.

Edited by wadecounty

I find it staggering that this is such a huge concern for so many when this class struggles so hard compared to the others. /boggle...

I don't doubt that that is also true, but I will worry about game mechanics when I have a toon I can enjoy the game with, i.e. one who isn't bald and hooded and is also dressed like a Jedi.

Coming from City of Heroes, DCU, and Champions Online as I do, character appearance is a big part of MMO enjoyment for me, and a lot of other players as well.

I know this isn't a big deal for some people, and that's cool. I understand where you are coming from. By all means, advocate for what you feel is important. That's why the forums are here. I will do the same.

Not really, the "normal bodies" are rather skinny, with no hood at all, the neck looks terrible.

Hood down = Epic

No hood = Lame

Hood = Bald.

So I'd rather new pieces with hood down, instead of a broken option, while waiting for the real hood toggle (with hood down).

I was only replying to SR's post on the previous page. I had not noticed the second page of this thread.

Please realize that not everyone shares your perspective on hood down vs no hood. Certainly, your view is valid but others' opposing views are just as valid. It is not an absolute or universal as your words would suggest.

From the perspective of myself and many others, no hood is just as good as hood down. Indeed, some may find no hood more appealing than hood down.

Since this functionality can easily be hotfixed in, it would be a nice interim measure that would satisfy many, if not most, of us who would like to wear Jedi robes and be able to see our characters' face and hair. It may take a year or more to add in hood down functionality, whereas a hoodless toggle can be added to the game tomorrow. Many of us are not willing to wait as long as you for a hood down option that to us is just as good or worse than a hoodless option.

Another option that is easy to implement is to add in an invisible custom helmet item that has no appearance whatsoever so we can effectively have the hoodless option without having to obscure our faces with helmets or goggles. That would be much easier than adding in hoodless or hood down versions of every single robe out there, though some people may not like the idea of having a functional invisible item. I can't imagine a toggle being that much more difficult though.

I really hope this is fixed soon, as I am fed up with developers neglecting aesthetic issues like this.. All games i play there is always issues with how my character look, it took Blizzard 7 years to implement Transmogrification, which was something I wanted since day one.

I have never been happy with the armor I get or some graphical issues that mess up the look.

And I hoped SWTOR would be a game where I for ones would not be mad about how my character looked, as they advertised the JK to have awesome looking robes with the hood down or up. I thought I would have some varity when it came to this, but ones again I am met with a issue that ruins so much for me.

And the only thing they have to do, is either give us a toggle hood up and down option, or do the more esier option and just add a few complete sets of fully modable armor to some vendors that has the hood down.

What the hell ?! I was gonna post some screenshots of the different "possible" looks, but I found a WEIRD screenshot Oo ...

Level 9, I'm wearing a heavy armor without hood ?! Oo

Here you go. http://imageshack.us/g/831/screenshot2011121523531.jpg/

(and think about upping the huge butt thread ;o )

OMG the first picture looks AMAZING! Who do i have to **** to get that?

Please do not add no hood robes in the game.

I prefer to see qucik class reconigtion and conformity.

That's not sarcasimn, I'd just rather have everyone complaining over a nuiance leave then have them do work that doesn't matter.

Thankyou.

if you can not recognize a Jedi Knight if theres no hood covering him, then go see a doctor.

Edit: Just to help you in your confusion a little, those guys running around in the Star Wars movies with light stick things and no hoods 99.9% of the time, those were jedi.

Edited by mitrikzoltan

I pass on the information I have, and I'm told it's a considerable task for the art team. I don't give out 'hogwash' as a general rule. ;)

That said, I'll pass on these suggestions to those responsible and see what I get back. Studio's a little light on bodies this week but I will try my best to get some info.

Thank you for taking the time to answer us on this issue.

But to be honest, all it takes is common sense to know that the art team has nothing to do at all.

Take a look at this: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/831/screenshot2011121523531.jpg/

That is a beta screenshot. Look at the videos, screenshots released by BW. That is exactly what we want. It IS there.

Hood off toggle is the same. Play a jedi knight Mr. Reid, you will quickly realize that the technology is already coded in the game.

Your future replies on the matter are greatly appretiated!

Code fix - Simply include the same option that checks for twilek race (which removes hoods) and add that to the "no helmet option" in preferences. Again, this code exists, it just needs to check for one more thing.

The twi'lek and hoods has similar issues. Although are hoods are always down (which annoys me as i'm a sith) it is by no means perfect, We to are essentially bald, as any head jewelry items we may have selected in our character customization are missing. So saying the code is already their i'm not sure it is what you want.

I know this is a bit off-topic, but I was wondering what the rationale is behind rushing the game out in a bug-filled state to take advantage of Christmas sales, then allowing large portions of the development team to take the rest of December off while players struggle with the effects of the rushed launch?

Big daddy EA told them to kick it out the door I bet for christmas profits. I had a big feeling the game would have been delayed until spring 2012 if it wasn't for that. I can't think of many mmos that have been released a week before christmas.

On the hood matter, I am very very disappointed with this. So far all of the armor choices for the sentinel have pretty much looked exactly the same except for very minor differences. I haven't seen my characters face / hair since lvl 10 it seems.

I pass on the information I have, and I'm told it's a considerable task for the art team. I don't give out 'hogwash' as a general rule. ;)

That said, I'll pass on these suggestions to those responsible and see what I get back. Studio's a little light on bodies this week but I will try my best to get some info.

Please accept this post as what its meant to be and not an insult but you are not getting what people are asking for. This isn't about new art assets (though that would certainly be nice) but using art thats -already- in game. All hooded robes in this game have a seperate mesh for the head piece, we know this because that mesh disappears if you're a) wearing a full cover helmet or b) a twi'lek. What we're asking for is the option for that 'disappearing act' to be available as a seperate toggle that can be chosen (just like the show helmet option) on a per-character basis from the options screen... thats all.

Some people do want the addition of a "hood down" graphic where the hood sits around your neck as happens on some robes, but i'm fully aware that will require some extra art time and so its acceptable to wait on that, but the option of a toggle is a pure, and should be fairly simple as the mechanics are already in the code, coding option that would make a lot of people happy for very little work.

From a pseudo-code point of view, this is what must be in the game somewhere:

if race == twilek or (showhelmetToggle == true and wearingFullHelm == true) then

hideHoodMesh()

else

showHoodMesh()

end

... we're just asking for the addition of "or (showHoodToggle == false)" to be added to that first line (with the associated checkbox in the options).

Edited by Kithzyan

Please accept this post as what its meant to be and not an insult but you are not getting what people are asking for. This isn't about new art assets (though that would certainly be nice) but using art thats -already- in game. All hooded robes in this game have a seperate mesh for the head piece, we know this because that mesh disappears if you're a) wearing a full cover helmet or b) a twi'lek. What we're asking for is the option for that 'disappearing act' to be available as a seperate toggle that can be chosen (just like the show helmet option) on a per-character basis from the options screen... thats all.

Some people do want the addition of a "hood down" graphic where the hood sits around your neck as happens on some robes, but i'm fully aware that will require some extra art time and so its acceptable to wait on that, but the option of a toggle is a pure, and should be fairly simple as the mechanics are already in the code, coding option that would make a lot of people happy for very little work.

From a pseudo-code point of view, this is what must be in the game somewhere:

if race == twilek or (showhelmetToggle == true and wearingFullHelm == true) then

hideHoodMesh()

else

showHoodMesh()

end

... we're just asking for the addition of "or (showHoodToggle == false)" to be added to that first line (with the associated checkbox in the options).

Actually, hood down versions should already be easily available as well, since there are only 3 or 4 different models for the robes in the game as it stands, and I'm fairly sure I've seen hood down versions of all of them.

There's the armored version, in tons of promotional media, character creator, and Beta screenshots. The regular robe model, which has hood down version displayed by the Jedi NPC's on Tython. Those are the 2 I can recall just off the top of my head.

What other models for robes are there? I'm really not sure.

Edited by wadecounty

I hit 35 and couldn't stand the fact that I hadn't seen my characters hair in almost 30 levels. I just bought one of the Smuggler legendary chest pieces from Tatooine with commendations, swapped out mods and I only lost 1% of damage reduction from armor so I figured its worth it.

I hit 35 and couldn't stand the fact that I hadn't seen my characters hair in almost 30 levels. I just bought one of the Smuggler legendary chest pieces from Tatooine with commendations, swapped out mods and I only lost 1% of damage reduction from armor so I figured its worth it.

Stuff like that kinda helps, but for some of us its not a great solution because then you don't even look like a Jedi anymore.

It stinks because they finally have really cool looking robes (the ones in KOTOR stunk, and Bioware didn't make KOTOR II), but we can't get a hood down variation :(

I was only replying to SR's post on the previous page. I had not noticed the second page of this thread.

Please realize that not everyone shares your perspective on hood down vs no hood. Certainly, your view is valid but others' opposing views are just as valid. It is not an absolute or universal as your words would suggest.

From the perspective of myself and many others, no hood is just as good as hood down. Indeed, some may find no hood more appealing than hood down.

Since this functionality can easily be hotfixed in, it would be a nice interim measure that would satisfy many, if not most, of us who would like to wear Jedi robes and be able to see our characters' face and hair. It may take a year or more to add in hood down functionality, whereas a hoodless toggle can be added to the game tomorrow. Many of us are not willing to wait as long as you for a hood down option that to us is just as good or worse than a hoodless option.

Another option that is easy to implement is to add in an invisible custom helmet item that has no appearance whatsoever so we can effectively have the hoodless option without having to obscure our faces with helmets or goggles. That would be much easier than adding in hoodless or hood down versions of every single robe out there, though some people may not like the idea of having a functional invisible item. I can't imagine a toggle being that much more difficult though.

/signed

I would love a hood down graphic that's toggleable, but a no hood option will do for the time being.

In the longer run I'll like all those armors from the promotion videos and such back in the game :mad:

Why they are not already here boggles the mind:confused:

The fact of the matter is that there are a TON of NPCs with armor that has the hood down. I don't know what the solution is but it is really irritating to see artwork in the game on so many NPCs that would be great on a PC... but are not available.

Art team; this was a gigantic oversight on your part. Very bad.

Stuff like that kinda helps, but for some of us its not a great solution because then you don't even look like a Jedi anymore.

It stinks because they finally have really cool looking robes (the ones in KOTOR stunk, and Bioware didn't make KOTOR II), but we can't get a hood down variation :(

I agree that this issue is a vast lack of foresight and I would rather have a Jedi robe that let me see the character I made 35 levels ago.

My fabulous mohawk must be seen! Give me, give me! :<

Seriously, though, I obsessed over the right combo for my characters face/hair/etc for so long it's not even funny. It's a little disappointing to find that it'll be hidden for so much of the game.

I can deal with the hoods, despite is being completely absurd from a combat perspective, (not to mention ridiculous that so many Jedi in the prequels wear robes like Luke, Ben, and even Owen did solely because they were on a friggin sandstorm planet.. but I digress), but what really frustrates me is that we cannot see our hair at all with a hood up. Why? How can this have ever been a good idea. Silliest thing in the game by far for me. I almost can't believe I've gotten to level 50 while putting up with this.

I can deal with the hoods, despite is being completely absurd from a combat perspective, (not to mention ridiculous that so many Jedi in the prequels wear robes like Luke, Ben, and even Owen did solely because they were on a friggin sandstorm planet.. but I digress), but what really frustrates me is that we cannot see our hair at all with a hood up. Why? How can this have ever been a good idea. Silliest thing in the game by far for me. I almost can't believe I've gotten to level 50 while putting up with this.

Yeah, I've parked mine at level 25. I may do some space combat here and there or go datacron hunting on the first couple planets, but otherwise I'm done with him until they address the robe issue. I want to enjoy the story, not play through it with a hood up the whole way.

I assume with the contact we've gotten lately (both a response on the Q&A and a post here in our forum), there's a good chance something will be done pretty soon. I have faith.

Its not huge on the priority list in terms of how many players it affects or fixing the game, but with how easy it would be to fix, I think they'll get something done.

Edited by wadecounty

Just wanted to point out for those who dont like to use low lvl robes and lose quite a lot of armor to get rid of hoods you can actualy use smuggler armor and mod it to your liking :D

For example the one from corelia commendations:http://i.imgur.com/iiXun.jpg

Our PvP armor is also hoodless: http://i.imgur.com/smf8Y.jpg

They arent exactly hoodless robes but there is crazy amount of them avaiable, basicaly entire smuggler armory, you just have to look better.

If you want to see your characters heads use those and let devs work on more important issues for now.

For guardians it might be a different story though as they use heavy armor, But I bet you could find trooper chests to mod.

Edited by Maddoxtor

For guardians it might be a different story though as they use heavy armor, But I bet you could find trooper chests to mod.

I use a trooper chest piece currently, though I did just get a REALLY nice looking robe today. I keep wishing I could swish the hood back on it and wear it, but for now I stick to a trooper chest from Taral V. It doesn't look glamorous, but it gets the job done. The thing that kills me most is that I have gear that looks amazing until I see my Jedi bald and half covered in cutscenes.

In fact I was willing to suffer out the indignity of the hood issue until the first time my character kissed Kira and the hood swallowed her head. After that I bought a modable chest and I've enjoyed the wind in my hair ever since. And it confuses the holy crap out of people at the fleet and in PvP. Which is just an added bonus.

Edited by MimicUnleashed